• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Sanjuro

McNei1y said:
So I'm ready to start the league whenever. I am moving into my house in the next few days and I am lacking an xbox live wireless adapter so I may or may not be on but I will be around.
I used my laptop's wireless no problem. Might be able to do the same.

BigAT

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
GG AT. I need to stop switching guys on D, always disastrous. Dan Carpenter wtf. that was 98%
GG. Do you not know the overtime rules or something? You had a complete chip shot field goal and you did everything you could to score a TD instead. Cost you the game.

Ramirez

BigAT said:
GG. Do you not know the overtime rules or something? You had a complete chip shot field goal and you did everything you could to score a TD instead. Cost you the game.

OT rules have changed this year, FG doesn't win on the opening drive if that's what you mean?

I actually didn't know that (I thought it was just the playoffs), and I kicked the FG in my OT game, lol.

gg rors. save for the one long TD drive before the half and the pr fumble + TD i didn't do much. wanted to come out on the opening drive passing because i knew you'd be going after gores knees!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
gg rors. save for the one long TD drive before the half and the pr fumble + TD i didn't do much. wanted to come out on the opening drive passing because i knew you'd be going after gores knees!
Blowing past his knees...

"Hey, look, Kevin Boss caught a second pass in one game? Wonder why the game allowed that to happen... oh, right... fumble. Got it."

Some day they'll fix the fair catch animation, btw. That's the second time it has cost me. Only happens during those stupid high ones that people use when they have big leg punters.

BigAT said:

Preseason bro, I don't need field goal practice. I don't really give a shit about community standings, just havin some fun.
Ramirez said:
OT rules have changed this year, FG doesn't win on the opening drive if that's what you mean?

I actually didn't know that (I thought it was just the playoffs), and I kicked the FG in my OT game, lol.

nah there were multiple possession changes in ours.

daw840

GGs Smokey.

The first game was pure trash. The first time I actually feel Madden'd. Every throw I threw seemed to be a pick, my oline just let the defenders through. I was sacked I think 4 times in a row at one point (over the span of 2 consecutive drives.) The texans all seemed to have super speed and my guys were all slow as shit. Man coverage and ALWAYS 3-4 steps behind the receiver whereas his defenders were shadowing mine like they were attached at the hip. At least until they warped through them for the pick of course.

The second game was a lot of fun, that last throw that lost me the game, down by 3 and well within FG range and I throw a pick in the endzone. Ah well, fun times.

Smokey

daw840 said:
GGs Smokey.

The first game was pure trash. The first time I actually feel Madden'd. Every throw I threw seemed to be a pick, my oline just let the defenders through. I was sacked I think 4 times in a row at one point (over the span of 2 consecutive drives.) The texans all seemed to have super speed and my guys were all slow as shit. Man coverage and ALWAYS 3-4 steps behind the receiver whereas his defenders were shadowing mine like they were attached at the hip. At least until they warped through them for the pick of course.

The second game was a lot of fun, that last throw that lost me the game, down by 3 and well within FG range and I throw a pick in the endzone. Ah well, fun times.

Yep, good games. First game was one of those Madden games where you just can't do anything. Understand how that goes.
Although every pick except one was user controlled :p

The last game you had dude WIDE OPEN on a curl pattern at the 1 yard line. That's who I initially thought you were going to. Looked at the replay to double check and yep, nobody was close to him!

Anybody else want to play?

McNei1y

McNei1y said:
I have a desktop with a wireless adapter. I wonder if I can do the same thing.

I should've known that it would work with both (according to plan). I will try it when I move in. It would definitely save some much needed dollars if it does in fact work. I just hope the connection doesn't slack from it.

DCX

DCX
Gg old man :( my tackling died at the end. Carts for everyone that game. I can't believe Ryan missed a third and forth down throw on that drive that could have sealed it..but you did throw another int which just turned into a punt :(

DCX

DCX said:
Gg old man :( my tackling died at the end. Carts for everyone that game. I can't believe Ryan missed a third and forth down throw on that drive that could have sealed it..but you did throw another int which just turned into a punt :(

DCX

yeah, had ginn somewhat opened on the slant but kapernicks accuracy is kind of shitty. he surprisingly has better accuracy on deep throws than short.... meh.

and yeah, after that pick you went 3 and out at midfield.... 15 yards wins the game. i caught onto what you were doing with roddy.... almost got a pick on that 3rd down play because of it but my guy just knocked it away :(

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
yeah, had ginn somewhat opened on the slant but kapernicks accuracy is kind of shitty. he surprisingly has better accuracy on deep throws than short.... meh.

and yeah, after that pick you went 3 and out at midfield.... 15 yards wins the game. i caught onto what you were doing with roddy.... almost got a pick on that 3rd down play because of it but my guy just knocked it away :(
Yea i have been labbing some plays and i used it one to many times that i ran out of go to plays in the end :( I risked running some familiar stuff in the end and you rose up to the defensive challenge.

I feel good about the loss as it was in my hands. You started exposing me in coverage especially when i was shadowing a certain side or pressing. Good job all around :)

DCX

DCX said:
Yea i have been labbing some plays and i used it one to many times that i ran out of go to plays in the end :( I risked running some familiar stuff in the end and you rose up to the defensive challenge.

I feel good about the loss as it was in my hands. You started exposing me in coverage especially when i was shadowing a certain side or pressing. Good job all around :)

DCX

i only had a couple catches. you did a good job as manual CB. you should be careful about that default formation you used.... had a couple times where i torched you but kapernick doesn't have the accuracy. against a quality qb you would have been in trouble. the most frustrating one was the bomb to dwalk and you somehow manage to poke it out from behind -_-

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i only had a couple catches. you did a good job as manual CB. you should be careful about that default formation you used.... had a couple times where i torched you but kapernick doesn't have the accuracy. against a quality qb you would have been in trouble. the most frustrating one was the bomb to dwalk and you somehow manage to poke it out from behind -_-

1386-0904-0914-0410.jpg

Sanjuro

McNei1y said:
I should've known that it would work with both (according to plan). I will try it when I move in. It would definitely save some much needed dollars if it does in fact work. I just hope the connection doesn't slack from it.
Just be sure to open the normal XBOX ports on the router, just use your PC's IP address instead.

Port 88 (UDP)
Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
Port 80 (TCP)

Everyone should have these ports open anyway who are playing on live. When sharing your computers internet though it makes a much bigger difference.

Smokey

GG Crow

Game can be so damn irritating at times. Oh a 97 rated WR lets let the ball bounce right off his hands. CB slipped and said WR is open? No problem, we'll let the CB catch back up and pick the ball off anyway. Super LBs playing like defensive backs, smh.

I feel better.

TheCrow

Smokey said:
GG Crow

Game can be so damn irritating at times. Oh a 97 rated WR lets let the ball bounce right off his hands. CB slipped and said WR is open? No problem, we'll let the CB catch back up and pick the ball off anyway. Super LBs playing like defensive backs, smh.

I feel better.
GG, ran some new zone blitzes and feel pretty good about them. On that pick I made with Champ I feel that if you didn't throw the ball as hard, you had Dawkins beat downfield.

Smokey

TheCrow said:
GG, ran some new zone blitzes and feel pretty good about them. On that pick I made with Champ I feel that if you didn't throw the ball as hard, you had Dawkins beat downfield.

I didn't think I did. Oh well.

Speaking of that when I paused the game it was going through the options all crazy like and when I pressed A to get to depth chart it burned a TO lol

Ramirez

Smokey said:
I didn't think I did. Oh well.

Speaking of that when I paused the game it was going through the options all crazy like and when I pressed A to get to depth chart it burned a TO lol

My controllers do this occasionally, mainly from being worn out from Halo...

lol daquan bowers 1/1 14 yards. what the fuck why are defensive players getting subbed in at QB? i'm going to try to find the play to see if he actually threw it or if its a stat error

DMczaf

Fuck me! I was trying to switch players right when FMT snaps the ball and I end up on a safety that I didn't want to be on, trying to make a play as the LB that I wanted to be, so FMT ends up with a WR deep wide open while my safety looks like a moron. -_-

BigAT

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol daquan bowers 1/1 14 yards. what the fuck why are defensive players getting subbed in at QB? i'm going to try to find the play to see if he actually threw it or if its a stat error
Pretty sure it's just a stat error.

Top Bottom