• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

DCX

DCX
CB3 said:
Smokey, you say?
Double Denied.
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Hilarious.

in before..

xfl_hehateme.jpg

DCX

Rorschach

DCX said:
I'm reporting based on internal conversations i had with two of the 8 members of the former counsel. I really don't have trades to make. I have one position i'd like to upgrade and two positions with depth that if i can move a player, i will.

Live and Smokey are the ones with the DEAL OF THE CENTURY.

DCX
Two members? CB and DM? Let's get word from FMT! Don't let us plebs down, FMT. Howabout the three worst OL teams get a break? :D Raiders, Bills, Redskins.

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
Two members? CB and DM? Let's get word from FMT! Don't let us plebs down, FMT. Howabout the three worst OL teams get a break? :D Raiders, Bills, Redskins.
CB and FMT. DM doesn't speak to me. I think i need to post more about Batman and maybe he will.

DCX

Birdman02

eznark said:
What's your gamertag? Gonna be able to go tonight?

GT is Birdman1702....I think you're already on my friends list.

I should be able to play tonight after my son goes to bed around 10 est. Do we have to wait for everyone to sign up for League Manager before we can start playing games?

Nightz

Birdman02 said:
GT is Birdman1702....I think you're already on my friends list.

I should be able to play tonight after my son goes to bed around 10 est. Do we have to wait for everyone to sign up for League Manager before we can start playing games?
I don't think we do.

Nightz

I just got destroyed by pheeniks. But I learned something from him:
Run motion on 90% of your plays to screw up the defensive AI assignments.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
No FAs during the season makes no sense. We've been seeing injuries that would result in multiple week absences in a franchise but we can't pick anyone up to replace depth? That's a tough pill.

Personally I think it's lame that we have to have this stupid FA draft in place, but we already know that some just can't help themselves. Hopefully league manager and the salary cap helps protect against this stuff.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
No FAs during the season makes no sense. We've been seeing injuries that would result in multiple week absences in a franchise but we can't pick anyone up to replace depth? That's a tough pill

CB3 said:
im thinking we should probably make them off limits until the offseason. there can be exceptions of course incase of injury if you need to fill a hole.

TheMoreYouKnow.jpg

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
No FAs during the season makes no sense. We've been seeing injuries that would result in multiple week absences in a franchise but we can't pick anyone up to replace depth? That's a tough pill.

Personally I think it's lame that we have to have this stupid FA draft in place, but we already know that some just can't help themselves. Hopefully league manager and the salary cap helps protect against this stuff.
nothing is official. CB mentioned just injury replacement pickups. Maybe off season full blown FA. Who i am but a bored care taker who is getting cabin fever.

DCX

LukeSmith

Saints [+4] @ Packers - Birdles is secretly the most underrated player in the league.
Bengals @ [-4] Browns Giants ex-pats ending up in the AFC North, squaring off in Week 1. What could possibly go wrong.
Falcons[+4] @ Bears DCX been labbing.
Lions[+6] @ Bucs Jassssssssh Freemaannnnnnnnnn
Eagles[-14] @ Rams Eagles win, Rams cover though.
Colts [+6] @ Texans Manning implodes.
Titans [-6] @ Jaguars - Who are these guys? Are they even in the league?
Bills [-10] @ Chiefs No LJ as the Bills means this line is too high.
Steelers [-4] @ Ravens - Bob is going to get the rust banged off of him by Ramirez' super team.
Giants [-4] @ Redskins New look Giants. Same old Redskins.
Vikings [+4] @ Chargers All that preseason talk from McNeily about which QB he should use. It won't matter against the San Diego Super Chargers.
Panthers [-6] @ Cardinals GCQ + Scam Newton = at least 8 wins
Seahawks [+13] @ Niners If being butthurt scored touchdowns, Bluemax would win in a blowout.
Cowboys [+4] @ Jets Somnia vs the New guy. Going with old faithful!
Patriots [+3] @ Dolphins Toss. Screen. Bomb. Toss. Screen. Bomb.
Raiders [-6] @ Broncos Maybe the biggest game of Week 1 - our league truly is Bizarro NFL.

The "If EA Had Spectator Mode..." Game of the Week:
Raiders/Broncos

McNei1y

LukeSmith said:
Vikings [+4] @ Chargers All that preseason talk from McNeily about which QB he should use. It won't matter against the San Diego Super Chargers.

yeaaaaah but that pondering was worth it.

Rorschach

If you're saving FAs for injury, doesn't it make sense to let them all go now? Some people are already hurting because their teams made cuts that make no sense in Madden. We can't wait 'till Donny gets the rosters right in week 14 and guys are rated more accurately. And, if people want to shore up certain positions in case of injury (like those of us with weak inj ratings!), they can.

LukeSmith

Rorschach said:
If you're saving FAs for injury, doesn't it make sense to let them all go now? Some people are already hurting because their teams made cuts that make no sense in Madden. We can't wait 'till Donny gets the rosters right in week 14 and guys are rated more accurately. And, if people want to shore up certain positions in case of injury (like those of us with weak inj ratings!), they can.

We should just do it like the real FA then! Bid 'em up once we know cap info for everyone

Rorschach said:

All i want to do is cut old man Hanson and sign sexy young Swenson. You can't take that from me!

Rorschach

LukeSmith said:
We should just do it like the real FA then! Bid 'em up once we know cap info for everyone
Yeah, and you guys don't have to be afraid of me getting anything because Uncle Al pays nobodies billions of dollars!

Nightz said:
There's going to be FA bidding and contract negotiations on LM.
I suggested weeks ago that we have a pre-season setup going so we can see how the fuck this thing works. I sure as hell have no clue...

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Rorschach said:
Yeah, and you guys don't have to be afraid of me getting anything because Uncle Al pays nobodies billions of dollars!

I suggested weeks ago that we have a pre-season setup going so we can see how the fuck this thing works. I sure as hell have no clue...

you don't have to base them on real life salaries though

Mrbob

eznark said:
What? What team are you? When did you get here?

How is Space Marine?

Ravens. Still don't have the game though! Picking it up after work.

Space Marine is awesome. Game that blends melee and ranged combat perfectly. No Maria level goty story like Gears 2, though!

eznark

Banned
Mrbob said:

Space Marine is awesome. Game that blends melee and ranged combat perfectly. No Maria level goty story like Gears 2, though!

Cool. Gonna pick it up after I finish Deus Ex. Nothing else good coming out for awhile.

Lets get a game in tonight. Also, go look at the MLB thread to see who the Cubs are counting on the save the org. next year. God your team fucking sucks.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:

Dayumn. Had not heard of the game until now. Looks like a blast. Counting on the Steam holiday sale!

lol i have never talked to dcx about free agency or trading. oh dcx!

p.s. gg sanjuro. pats are a tough cover! one of the best offensive lines i have seen. couldn't get to brady enough..... and fuck alex smith? he had 0 td's and 3 picks! you should say fuck frank gore ;)

p.s.2 i don't know how free agency or trading is going to work yet. i first want to see how the website/salary cap/etc functions. then we will make a decision!

DCX

DCX
MADDEN GAF - WEEK 1

Saints [+4] @ Packers O/U: 58.5 -125/+115One of my biggest rivals and toughest to defend
Bengals @ [-4] Browns O/U: 48 +130/-145 wins debut with new team
Falcons [+4] @ Bears O/U: 53.5 -130/+160 the lab yo
Lions [+6] @ Bucs O/U: 61 -170/+180 Blount/Free cheese powers combine
Eagles [-14] @ Rams O/U: 59.5 +580/-700 Dream Team marches on
Colts [+6] @ Texans O/U: 58.5 -210/+230 lab dos
Titans [-6] @ Jaguars O/U: 53.5 +190/-220 pickem
Bills [-10] @ Chiefs O/U: 58 +250/-400 sticks skills are to strong
Steelers [-4] @ Ravens O/U: 59.5 +130/-150 defense is to strong
Giants [-4] @ Redskins O/U: 52 +145/-175 Rising to S level skills
Vikings [+4] @ Chargers O/U: 54.5 -150/+135 too much firepower
Panthers [-6] @ Cardinals O/U: 53 +170/-195 Scam throw one to many ints
Seahawks [+13] @ Niners O/U: 56 -600/+400 PWill does it all
Cowboys [+4] @ Jets O/U: 54.5 -160/+150 Tony Oh Uh does just enough
Patriots [+3] @ Dolphins O/U: 52 -145/+145 Reggie Bush slices and dices then dies for 8 weeks
Raiders [-6] @ Broncos O/U: 58.5 +180/-230 The power of Tebow compels you

Why doesn't someone just make a league to see what free agency looks like?

DCX

Sanjuro

FrenchMovieTheme said:

p.s. gg sanjuro. pats are a tough cover! one of the best offensive lines i have seen. couldn't get to brady enough..... and fuck alex smith? he had 0 td's and 3 picks! you should say fuck frank gore ;)

p.s.2 i don't know how free agency or trading is going to work yet. i first want to see how the website/salary cap/etc functions. then we will make a decision!
I couldn't stop Gore, but Alex Smith and the magnetic effect while going near a lineman won the game for you. That 18 yard run and two point conversion run by Smith sealed the deal. The 18 yard run I blew. I should have had him during the 2pt.

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:

You erased you LiveProfile msgs? Or texts, i asked about no voting for trades you said " i'm leaning that way "

I will keep my mouth shut, i'm sounding like the Daily Star :/

DCX

i'll be on in a minute if anyone wants to play. i'm going to test out online franchise to see if these fucking clowns have actually uploaded the rosters or if they're just jerking our dicks

Nightz

FrenchMovieTheme said:
Create a test franchise and invite a couple of people to test it out. The salary cap and trade consoles are in already, and the free agency bidding stuff should be in today or tomorrow.

Top Bottom