• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Smokey

Look you snakes..the deal was fine and then they adjusted salary. I have lots of people that I was and am going to drop. I haven't played my game yet so suck it.

Sanjuro

Smokey said:
Look you snakes..the deal was fine and then they adjusted salary. I have lots of people that I was and am going to drop. I haven't played my game yet so suck it.
All right, Johnny, but what about my money?

Striker

Direct connect?

Also sorry if old, but I didn't notice until now. Re-signing is available. I wonder if it's contractually set for a standard salary or you negotiate.

c2x2u.jpg

DCX

DCX
Striker said:
Direct connect?

Also sorry if old, but I didn't notice until now. Re-signing is available. I wonder if it's contractually set for a standard salary or you negotiate.

c2x2u.jpg
Resigned Lofton and Douglas, I hope I can resign those left in the off season.

DCX

Striker

I was just messing with it. Re-signed LE Biermann to a 2-year deal. It offered me 1 yr, 2 yr, and 5 yr.

FA bidding will be pretty fun.

Mrbob

Damn! Forte is going to cost me a lot to resign him but I knew this was going to happen as this is the last year of his rookie contract. Good thing I have cap space. :D

Edit: Holy crap at Chris Harris! Dude is getting paid 1.6 million right now, and he wants 9 million per year lol!

Nightz

When are we 'vancin?

Also, I may be open to trading Vincent Jackson. I'd like to keep him but I got other people I need to re-sign so I could use the cap space.

mik

mik is unbeatable
daw840 said:
Maybe Sunday.
Any particular time looking likely?

It looks like I sorted out my issues with connecting to EA's servers--by moving all the game files/saves/etc, to a USB stick. (wtf)

DMczaf

Blount agrees to a 5 year, $11.4M deal with a $250K bonus.

Edit: When you resign a player, it replaces the current deal and the first year of your new deal is this season? wtf

I thought these were contract extensions, not completely new deals.

BigAT

Shouldn't people that are picking up free agents be doing so through the site instead of in game? Doing it in game means no contract is signed and the player has no effect on the team's cap.

Mrbob

DMczaf said:
Blount agrees to a 5 year, $11.4M deal with a $250K bonus.

Edit: When you resign a player, it replaces the current deal and the first year of your new deal is this season? wtf

I thought these were contract extensions, not completely new deals.

You are resigning them to a new contract. Effectively ripping up the old one. You can wait out the year and see if you want to get player for cheaper, but then you are in a bidding war for him.

Forte cost me 4.3 million on my cap (up from 1 million to 5.3 million per year), but I had to do it since he was playing on his rookie contract.

I'm now seeking trades for Chris Harris if anyone is interested.

DMczaf

BigAT said:
Shouldn't people that are picking up free agents be doing so through the site instead of in game? Doing it in game means no contract is signed and the player has no effect on the team's cap.

Yes. Everything should be done through LM.

Draft, trades, signings, everything.

Rorschach

BigAT said:
Why are people picking up FAs anyway? Seahawks never released one they picked up.

I think you guys borked the ea franchise site with the videos. :(

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
Why are people picking up FAs anyway? Seahawks never released one they picked up.

I think you guys borked the ea franchise site with the videos. :(
I thought it was only me.

DCX

Mrbob

Before people go crazy resigning, make sure to look at existing contracts too. Some player contracts escalate in their final year.

DCX

DCX
Mrbob said:
Before people go crazy resigning, make sure to look at existing contracts too. Some player contracts escalate in their final year.
do we have power to restructure a contract?

DCX

LukeSmith

The Indianapolis Colts and guard Ryan Diem reached a two-year deal that freed up an additional $2M in cap space for the 2011 season.

DCX

DCX
LukeSmith said:
Nope! So a bunch of the bad back ended deals that were signed in the last 3-4 years will result in players getting cut!
Fmt has the power to edit contracts. I do as admin of the dummy league, so maybe under approval we could submit a select few bad contract for approval of restructuring.

DCX

LukeSmith

DCX said:
Fmt has the power to edit contracts. I do as admin of the dummy league, so maybe under approval we could submit a select few bad contract for approval of restructuring.

DCX

I vote no on this! Be a man, make the hard choices!

DCX

DCX
LukeSmith said:
I vote no on this! Be a man, make the hard choices!
Lol manhood is being decided on a videogame? Gg Luke.

I bring it up as an option because teams restructure deals all the time. It's fine by me. I'll all ready dead set on cutting two of my key players and more expensive free agents to be.

DCX

LukeSmith

DCX said:
Lol manhood is being decided on a videogame? Gg Luke.

look at you getting all Mr. Literal. Salty post-bob beatdown, I guess!

It's ok, I'll lose when we play! I'm on my own suck for luck campaign

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
While Smokey and DCX cant get out of their own way, im making savvy GM moves to sign my young players long term and keep a nice amount of change in my pocket if i wanna make a move

Top Bottom