• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

alright ladies, free agent bidding is open!

i figure i will keep it open until friday, 9/23, so get your bids in now.

you can also re-sign your players. i need to go through the rest of the thread and check on some of the contract stuff and set it for you guys. in the future, please PM me as opposed to posting in the thread. very hard to keep track :/

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i'm back bro's! i'm off today so i'll check out the details on the FA stuff in a bit.

somnia if you are around i could play anytime today. i know you said you are working for the midnight release of gears but if you're around before that i'm here!

When is our BROTHERS TO THE END playthrough with DM and Bob?
Dibs on the Redneck guy!

LiveWire

The Washington Redskins today announced a new deal was signed with TE Fred Davis. The total value of the contract is $17.78 million over 5 years, with a $1.25 mil signing bonus.

LukeSmith said:
When is our BROTHERS TO THE END playthrough with DM and Bob?
Dibs on the Redneck guy!

lol i have release date shipping from amazon for tomorrow so whenever!

p.s. it appears that the bidding is updated automatically (i don't need to sync it). so as i said, on friday at 5 pm PST i will be closing the bidding and whoever has the players has the players.

ALSO, you can re-sign your pending free agents at this time.

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol i have release date shipping from amazon for tomorrow so whenever!

p.s. it appears that the bidding is updated automatically (i don't need to sync it). so as i said, on friday at 5 pm PST i will be closing the bidding and whoever has the players has the players.

ALSO, you can re-sign your pending free agents at this time.

When do guys in contract years get released into the pool? Once you advance to season 2?

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:
there is a "release un-signed players to free agency" button for me that i will use once the season is over

Shouldn't there be a period of cuts where you can trim your roster before guys go to the open market?

I propose this as the order:
  • Season 1 ends, Super Bowl yada yada
  • Season 2 begins
  • Draft
  • Signing Picks
  • Resign players
  • FMT presses the button to release unsigned players
  • New era of "Summer Free Agency"
  • Week 1 Games are played

Nightz

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
How does it work? Do we just do it on the website and then when the time is up go into the game and sign them?
Everything is done through LM. Once they're signed in LM, it will be synced to EA's servers so you should have them in the game.

LukeSmith

What's the salary cap going to be set at for 2012 season?
Also what's the salary floor? In 2009 it was 87.6% of the cap (that'd put the floor at $105,120,000).

However, under the new CBA:
"99% of the salary cap must be spent in cash in aggregate between 2011-2012. The league-wide number falls to 95% after that. Teams must spend at least 89% of the cap from 2013-2016 and 2017-2020."

guys, just to clarify, we use the rosters that OF started with. just because your team in real life has signed someone since then doesn't mean you have free dibs to sign him in the online franchise now. we're a fictional league once we start so we're not just going to follow what happens in the NFL at that point

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
What the hell this is lame! Why can't I put in my own numbers and front load contracts? I have $36 Mil in cap space *right now* and I can't use it to re-work deals for my guys that I want to keep longer term or sign free agents. There are plenty of examples of front loaded deals to take advantage like this but I can't work it in.

Livewire -- Looks like we're playing this week. I am mostly free Monday and Tuesday anytime after 4:30pm EST up until about 11:00pm EST. I am free on Wednesday after 10:30pm I'd say, and maybe from like 4:30pm to 5:30pm EST on Wednesday.

PM me and Just let me know if any of those times work for you... This is Cardinals vs Redskins in a battle for ultimate mediocrity.

Wellington said:
What the hell this is lame! Why can't I put in my own numbers and front load contracts? I have $36 Mil in cap space *right now* and I can't use it to re-work deals for my guys that I want to keep longer term or sign free agents. There are plenty of examples of front loaded deals to take advantage like this but I can't work it in.

eh, i think that's asking a bit much for something like this. it would be nice though :(

LukeSmith

Wellington said:

DCX mentioned wanting to have a limited number of restructures or something and then FMT would have to manually redo the contracts.

The power is in FMTs hands!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
The Albatross said:
PM me and Just let me know if any of those times work for you... This is Cardinals vs Redskins in a battle for ultimate mediocrity.

thats a battle Livewire fights every year

Smokey

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
Smokey I'm down to play later tonight sometime before or after the game. I was in the endzone for both of Andres TDs last night. Row 3, he literally looked at me while he was taunting after the second TD.
You're dead.
You gonna be free?

Yep.

LukeSmith said:
DCX mentioned wanting to have a limited number of restructures or something and then FMT would have to manually redo the contracts.

The power is in FMTs hands!

oh, if i can switch it up i will.

i tried going back through the thread to see all the contract stuff but it's really annoying and time consuming.

if you guys need a contract adjuster, PM me. sorry bro's!

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
Like I said before and I laughed at, FMT has control over editing contracts. If he allowed us one or two edits a year ( front/back load ) it will give us flexibility.

Obviously you have to have cap room to make the deal, but allow us to edit how much each year.

This will allow us to sign the older superstars and not let them rot in the pool until they retire.

Just a thought.

DCX

daw840

FrenchMovieTheme said:
oh, if i can switch it up i will.

i tried going back through the thread to see all the contract stuff but it's really annoying and time consuming.

if you guys need a contract adjuster, PM me. sorry bro's!
Chiefs signed LCB Brandon Flowers to a five-year,$50 million extension with $22 million guaranteed.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
DCX said:
Like I said before and I laughed at, FMT has control over editing contracts. If he allowed us one or two edits a year ( front/back load ) it will give us flexibility.

Obviously you have to have cap room to make the deal, but allow us to edit how much each year.

This will allow us to sign the older superstars and not let them rot in the pool until they retire.

Just a thought.

DCX
stop ducking me

McNei1y

When we handle the roster spots of dropping them, do we do that online on the site or on the console first? I dropped Kleinsausser online first so I'm just curious.

daw840 said:
Chiefs signed LCB Brandon Flowers to a five-year,$50 million extension with $22 million guaranteed.

if you guys need a contract adjusted, PM me! also, you'll need to PM me the specific details unless you want me to do the 5 year deal at $10 mil per year. up to you!

McNei1y said:
When we handle the roster spots of dropping them, do we do that online on the site or on the console first? I dropped Kleinsausser online first so I'm just curious.

don't use the console for anything ever. always use the leaguemanager website only

Ramirez

So, your brain will hurt after my question, but I really have no clue about contracts and stuff like that. Since I have like no cap room, do I just have to wait until the end of the season to resign these guys that are on their last year?

DCX

DCX
CB3 said:
stop ducking me
Im still at work..I may have time to play when I get home, I may not. If not maybe 7ish but more likely 9ish. Sorry its the best estimate I can give you :(

DCX

daw840

FrenchMovieTheme said:
if you guys need a contract adjusted, PM me! also, you'll need to PM me the specific details unless you want me to do the 5 year deal at $10 mil per year. up to you!
Details are unknown according to my Google fu.

Ramirez said:
So, your brain will hurt after my question, but I really have no clue about contracts and stuff like that. Since I have like no cap room, do I just have to wait until the end of the season to resign these guys that are on their last year?

if you have no cap room to re-sign players, and the end of the season comes with no new deal, they become free agents and you can bid on them as free agents

LukeSmith

McNei1y said:

You have to drop everyone through LM, period. Otherwise the cap penalties and stuff don't apply.

Start sanctioning people who don't!

McNei1y

FrenchMovieTheme said:
don't use the console for anything ever. always use the leaguemanager website only

ok just making sure I did it right.

And we can have you reconstruct contracts? They have to be identical to their IRL ones right?

Nightz

Ramirez said:
Check to see how much they're asking for to extend their contract. In some cases, their asking price for a longer deal is lower than what they're making currently, which in turn actually frees up cap space. You can also drop players to make space for people you want to sign.

I extended some people and freed up enough space to sign Vincent Jackson. He was due for $11 million this year, but his asking price for an extension was only $5m/year, so I actually freed up around $6m from signing him long-term.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Nightz said:
Check to see how much they're asking for to extend their contract. In some cases, their asking price for a longer deal is lower than what they're making currently, which in turn actually frees up cap space. You can also drop players to make space for people you want to sign.

I extended some people and freed up enough space to sign Vincent Jackson. He was due for $11 million this year, but his asking price for an extension was only $5m/year, so I actually freed up around $6m from signing him long-term.

-_-

League Manager - The Rich get Richer (tm)

Fins taking care of the trenches.

DT Paul Soliai agrees to a 5 year $17,780,000 contract. (thank god, hes making over 12 mil this year)
LE Kendell Langford agrees to a 5 years $26,670,000 contract.
RG Vernon Carey agrees to a whopping 3 years $20,574,000 contract.
LG Richie Incognito agrees to a 2 year $7,366,000. :
LG Ray Feingo agrees to a 3 year $2,057,400 contract.
QB Chad Henne agrees to a 5 years $8,255,000 contract.

Sanjuro

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
Fins taking care of the trenches.

Paul Soliai agrees to a 5 year $17,780,000 contract. (thank god, hes making over 12 mil this year)
Kendell Langford agrees to a 5 years $26,670,000 contract.
Vernon Carey agrees to a whopping 3 years $20,574,000 contract.
Richie Incognito agrees to a 2 year $7,366,000. : \
Ray Feingo agrees to a 3 year $2,057,400 contract.
Chad Henne agrees to a 5 years $8,255,000 contract.
k5pLR.gif

LukeSmith

So, every guy that has 1 year left on his deal:

Resigning them to a 2-year deal is basically giving them a one-year extension.
There should be a period where these players have a 0 next to their name, before they are dumped into free agency, otherwise the 2-year deal with one year left just continually operates like a one-year extension?

Am I understanding this right? (I do know that contracts can go to 0 years left, I saw one in the league at some point when I was looking at teams.).

LukeSmith said:
So, every guy that has 1 year left on his deal:

Resigning them to a 2-year deal is basically giving them a one-year extension.
There should be a period where these players have a 0 next to their name, before they are dumped into free agency, otherwise the 2-year deal with one year left just continually operates like a one-year extension?

Am I understanding this right? (I do know that contracts can go to 0 years left, I saw one in the league at some point when I was looking at teams.).

I'm kind of confused on this too. It says on the team page that Soliai is getting 12 mil this year. But on detailed info it says he has 5 years left (including this one because it says 1 year left on benny sapp) and he's only getting paid 3.6 mil a year, this is the contract i just signed him to. So are the extensions bugged and the first year not being taken into account? Or will next year still say 5 years left on that contract, and it really just hasnt started yet (since hes still finishing out his last contract)?

Nevermind it restructures them, I guess it just didn't load. Sounds like what luke was saying is right. Soliai only listed as making 3.6 mil this year.

Top Bottom