• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

undisclosed picks have to go in as 7th rounder. there's no other way.

What are we doing about conditional picks we can't keep track of? Whether or not some1 makes the probowl can be done but what about play time or starts? We gonna just ignore a bunch of these?

Birdman02

So it looks like re-signing a guy to a one year contract actually just restructures their deal for this year.

I'd like to think Courtney Roby for agreeing to take a $500K paycut (over half of his salary) to finish out the year.

Also, why won't LM let me re-sign Brees? I have $5M in cap space, and he wants about $3M raise, but it will not let me offer him a contract.

Do I really have to get to $15.5M in cap room in order to re-sign him?

BigAT

Has anyone experimenting with cutting players and possible cap penalties? If I cut someone, does his full salary become open as cap room?

Birdman02

BigAT said:
Has anyone experimenting with cutting players and possible cap penalties? If I cut someone, does his full salary become open as cap room?

Small sample, but I just cut a K and his whole salary became open cap room (he was only on a 1 yr deal), but he had no bonus. If the guy has a bonus in his contract, I think you'll get hit with the penalty due this year at least (not sure about bonuses due in future years).

Sanjuro

I wish there was some kind of cliffnotes for this league manager process. If I re-sign the players now, is there any advantage to doing so over the offseason?

BigAT

Birdman02 said:
Also, why won't LM let me re-sign Brees? I have $5M in cap space, and he wants about $3M raise, but it will not let me offer him a contract.

Do I really have to get to $15.5M in cap room in order to re-sign him?
Yeah, resigning does seem kind of fucked. I was looking at resigning Deon Grant and all he wants is 4.7M for his first year. His current contract is 4.0M and I have 2.3M in cap space, so it shouldn't be a problem but it won't allow me to resign him.

Birdman02

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I wish there was some kind of cliffnotes for this league manager process. If I re-sign the players now, is there any advantage to doing so over the offseason?

I think in the offseason it goes to open bidding.

I just wish it was possible to extend contracts, as opposed to it reworking this year. I only have $80M on the books next year, and I want to use the cap room to re-sign my big guns (Bress, Colston, etc) before you vultures have a chance to bid on them.

Striker

LM being funky at the moment for me.

D'Qwell Jackson is a pending FA, but I'm not able to select his "Resign" tab to see how much he wants, or if I decide to extend him.

Also in FA bidding, I can't "Remove Bid" as it isn't showing up.

Striker said:
LM being funky at the moment for me.

D'Qwell Jackson is a pending FA, but I'm not able to select his "Resign" tab to see how much he wants, or if I decide to extend him.

Also in FA bidding, I can't "Remove Bid" as it isn't showing up.

I disabled remove bid to prevent people from driving up the price when they have no intention of signing him

Striker

LukeSmith said:
2012 Free Agency "Year of the Defensive End"

Haloi N'Gata
Mario Williams

John Abraham
Robert Mathis
dmlMe.jpg

Also I wanted to drop a bid on a guy because my mind had changed on the specific player. :(

Smokey

***Breaking News***

"Sources tell GSN that the Houston Texans are reportedly close to moving DE/OLB Mario Williams. Possibly within the next couple of days. Sources indicate that the Texans are looking for cap relief and Mario's $15,000,000 salary for the 2011 season would certainly back up that claim. Our sources would not comment on the teams involved only saying "It's an up and coming young team that will certainly be a force".

Stay tuned"

LukeSmith

Smokey said:
***Breaking News***

"Sources tell GSN that the Houston Texans are reportedly close to moving DE/OLB Mario Williams. Possibly within the next couple of days. Sources indicate that the Texans are looking for cap relief and Mario's $15,000,000 salary for the 2011 season would certainly back up that claim. Our sources would not comment on the teams involved only saying "It's an up and coming young team that will certainly be a force".

Stay tuned"

IncarceratedLuke
League sources say "no way Mario deal goes thru" #badGMs #willsmokeeverlrn

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Damn that's a strong list. Striker pretty much has it right with that picture.

Reminds me I have to complete my free agency list. Is there anywhere in the site that lists who has been extended? I started making a pretty good list but that was before we were allowed to re-sign guys.

DCX

DCX
BigAT said:
Yeah, resigning does seem kind of fucked. I was looking at resigning Deon Grant and all he wants is 4.7M for his first year. His current contract is 4.0M and I have 2.3M in cap space, so it shouldn't be a problem but it won't allow me to resign him.
FRONT LOAD, doesn't exist here though.

DCX

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
oh, I assumed he just wanted to restructure his contracts to back load them to a season that we probably wouldn't get to...

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
No cap room.
No first round pick next year
A few big names becoming FA's this season

Someones gonna get cut!

DCX

DCX
Birdman02 said:
I'm not sure what that has to do with front loading...
You could resign him to the 2 mill u have the first year and spread out the payments the next few years. The way you resign players doesn't make sense.

Abraham makes like 9 now , he want like 400k raise I have almost 3 mill but I can't give him his 400 k extra. How stupid. I need 9.4 to get him to resign regardless of the 9 he makes.:(

DCX

DCX

DCX
levious said:
oh, I assumed he just wanted to restructure his contracts to back load them to a season that we probably wouldn't get to...
You can set restrictions. Whatever dudes, nothing to see here .

DCX

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
DCX said:
You could resign him to the 2 mill u have the first year and spread out the payments the next few years. The way you resign players doesn't make sense.

Abraham makes like 9 now , he want like 400k raise I have almost 3 mill but I can't give him his 400 k extra. How stupid. I need 9.4 to get him to resign regardless of the 9 he makes.:(

DCX

LM is protecting you from yourself. Your silent guardian. Your watchful protector. Your Dark Knight

BigAT

DCX said:
FRONT LOAD, doesn't exist here though.

DCX
It doesn't have anything to do with front loading. It's the fact that I need to have DOUBLE his contract value in cap space available to resign him. That's completely fucked.

LukeSmith

DCX said:

This does seem busted. Other folks have pointed out the same thing. Resigning a guy replaces his deal with the current deal, but doesn't take into account the cash already being paid to him when calculating the raise.

On the upshot, there will be a period between seasons where those guys on your roster will be at 0 years left, not create a cap hit and you'll be able to resign guys then before they become UFAs.

Nightz

DCX said:

DCX
I'm assuming there will be a period after season 1 where FMT will allow teams to sign people who have 0 years left on their contract before making them free agents. His $9 mill for this year should be off your books by then so you should have enough to re-sign. Not all extensions take place during the season.

levious

LukeSmith said:
On the upshot, there will be a period between seasons where those guys on your roster will be at 0 years left, not create a cap hit and you'll be able to resign guys then before they become UFAs.

oh, so there's no reason to extend upcoming free agents during the season?

DCX

DCX
levious said:
oh, so there's no reason to extend upcoming free agents during the season?
I guess not and here we are scrambling for the future when we could just shit up and play ball lol

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
Hey if anyone needs to create cap space I'll gladly give your guys a home. They'll be on a division championship team.
Dunta will look good in black and Orange.

DCX

levious

Wellington said:
Hey if anyone needs to create cap space I'll gladly give your guys a home. They'll be on a division championship team.

no trades in the division!

Top Bottom