• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

TheCrow

Damn it, now I'm thinking of replaying Mass Effect because of this thread and old Idle Thumbs podcasts. Maybe I'll try it out on PC.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I cant see it past the perfect S you performed around the C that left him frozen

My movement with the DT wasn't what froze him. On that play my MLB and ROLB blitzed, and the way the AI for the OL works, it prescribes blocking assignments and there's no variation. So my DE hits the LG, the ROLB hits the LT, the MLB hits the C, and the DT (me) is supposed to hit the RG. The guy beat me anyway so whatever.

Any time you blitz your ROLB and MLB that happens tho.

lol if it weren't a spanish exam, I'd probably say fuck it but for some reason UMD is making me take a hard ass spanish class and I don't know shit so I have to study.

You go to UMD College Park? I spent a month there like two summers ago. Hot as fucking hell but the campus is beautiful. And their music facility is probably the best one I've been to in any school in this country...

TheCrow

Stick to Dota. The inventory system is way better.
I haven't even played Dota in weeks and I'm thinking of getting back into SC2. Was going to play tonight but I just found out that I have a final paper due tomorrow. Who makes a final due two weeks before finals week? Plus he didn't mention it at all last week. :(

Smokey

I haven't even played Dota in weeks and I'm thinking of getting back into SC2. Was going to play tonight but I just found out that I have a final paper due tomorrow. Who makes a final due two weeks before finals week? Plus he didn't mention it at all last week. :(

Just think...soon you'll be able to come home and do whatever you want! Play whatever games and not have to worry about anything but making money!

if you have enough energy to even play the game(s) :/

TheCrow

One more year + however more hours I need to sit for the CPA exam and I'll finally be done. At least I won't have to worry about getting a job since I'm currently working full time hours at my internship. By then I'll have been working there for about 2 years so barring any surprises I should have a full time offer waiting of me. Can't wait.

eznark

Banned
One more year + however more hours I need to sit for the CPA exam and I'll finally be done. At least I won't have to worry about getting a job since I'm currently working full time hours at my internship. By then I'll have been working there for about 2 years so barring any surprises I should have a full time offer waiting of me. Can't wait.

Oh God a CPA? Youre basically doing school work the rest of your life!

LukeSmith

reroll!

McNei1y

You go to UMD College Park? I spent a month there like two summers ago. Hot as fucking hell but the campus is beautiful. And their music facility is probably the best one I've been to in any school in this country...

Yeah. It's hot when its hot, cold as shit when its cold. Thankfully, its almost spring time so its a nice 50's-60's out. The campus is nice but it sucks when 10minutes is the shortest walk.

Ramirez

I cant see it past the perfect S you performed around the C that left him frozen

I'm glad I pay him so much!

I had a sweet run towards the end with Ben when his monster DE came in untouched for the 50th time. Note to people who play Wellie, you need to shift to the left immediately on a pass. :p

Yeah. It's hot when its hot, cold as shit when its cold. Thankfully, its almost spring time so its a nice 50's-60's out. The campus is nice but it sucks when 10minutes is the shortest walk.

Yeah, oh god, the walk was fucking awful. I stayed at Baltimore hall and it was a 15 minute walk smack in the middle of the sun every morning to the music building.

After a few weeks I gave up and just borrowed a friends bike and rode around on campus stoned as hell. Soooo fun.

I kind of miss the East Coast in general. I've only been to the DC Metro area once in my life but it was so intriguing, I've always wanted to go back and explore more. I can see myself living there...but I'm enjoying the warm weather in the south so I'll stick here for a while haha

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'm glad I pay him so much!

I had a sweet run towards the end with Ben when his monster DE came in untouched for the 50th time. Note to people who play Wellie, you need to shift to the left immediately on a pass. :p

Or just keep a TE or RB in. It's simple. Either pass under duress or eliminate one of your passing options, that's all I want.

TheCrow

Oh God a CPA? Youre basically doing school work the rest of your life!
Fuck that. I'm going to be the accountant of a small-ish wholesale insurance company so mostly just bookkeeping, A/P, and A/R. It's just for the pay raise I might get and to have it if I ever need it later. Better to take it right after I graduate so the content is still somewhat fresh in my mind instead of years later.

Or just keep a TE or RB in. It's simple. Either pass under duress or eliminate one of your passing options, that's all I want.

You still haven't explained how you can have a DE go in untouched. I get you need an extra blocker sometimes but it shouldn't be for that reason unless you're sending a blitz.

Blitzing and facing an elite D-Line is the only time I would expect to have extra blockers but not because some gap is literally left uncovered against a lineman of all things. Unless there's something missing here

eznark

Banned
Fuck that. I'm going to be the accountant of a small-ish wholesale insurance company so it's mostly just bookkeeping, A/P, and A/R. It's just for the pay raise I might get and to have it if I ever need it later. Better to take it right after I graduate so the content is still somewhat fresh in my mind instead of years after.

Oh that's not bad. In house work is good. Easy, steady, slow.

Pheenix, want to go now?

Pheenix, want to go now?

Hey yeah I can roll now unless an hour later is good for you. Doesn't your girl need her daddy

I can wait. I was actually about to get some food (still debating what to get) but if you wanna go now I can too

I want to get a freebirds burrito again---god do you know what having tortilla, chicken, queso, bacon, rice, cheese, and bbq sauce in your mouth tastes like?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
You still haven't explained how you can have a DE go in untouched. I get you need an extra blocker sometimes but it shouldn't be for that reason unless you're sending a blitz.

Blitzing and facing an elite D-Line is the only time I would expect to have extra blockers but not because some gap is literally left uncovered against a lineman of all things. Unless there's something missing here

Stop smoking, it's affecting your cognitive abilities!

My movement with the DT wasn't what froze him. On that play my MLB and ROLB blitzed, and the way the AI for the OL works, it prescribes blocking assignments and there's no variation. So my DE hits the LG, the ROLB hits the LT, the MLB hits the C, and the DT (me) is supposed to hit the RG. The guy beat me anyway so whatever.

Any time you blitz your ROLB and MLB that happens tho.

eznark

Banned
Hey yeah I can roll now unless an hour later is good for you. Doesn't your girl need her daddy

I can wait. I was actually about to get some food (still debating what to get) but if you wanna go now I can too

She is staying up to watch the second half of the Badger game. I didn't realize that was tonight.

She need to learn how to properly hate Minnesota.

LukeSmith

Fun fact:
FMT could end up being able to deny DM a spot in the playoffs by losing in what will probably be a meaningless (for FMT) game against Splat.

NFC Playoffs Junk
  • CB/Splat is Win and In.
  • DM needs to beat Birdles and DCX to get to 10 wins, which is probably the cut-off.
  • AT at 9-6 needs to win against Levious or needs a DM loss to Birdles or DCX and a Tiebreaker.
  • Vikings need to get to 9-7 to contend for the division, and even then, needs help from Bob.
  • A team at the center of this vortex is the Rams who could spoil both McNeily and could help AT/DM by beating Splat (Rams/Colasante also could've knifed Bob's playoffs last week, but couldn't pull it out).

She is staying up to watch the second half of the Badger game. I didn't realize that was tonight.

She need to learn how to properly hate Minnesota.

Can we play in like an hour if that's ok? I would honestly feel better eating then playing

Actually I can probably roll sooner. Just gonna make some food real quick at my crib. i'll let you know when I'm done

TheCrow

Yes it is and even though I won't be making 6 figures anytime soon, I'll get by with 40k to start. I really don't have the drive or personality to kill myself as a auditor or tax accountant at the Big 4.

Splat

Fun fact:
FMT could end up being able to deny DM a spot in the playoffs by losing in what will probably be a meaningless (for FMT) game against Splat.

NFC Playoffs Junk
  • DM needs to beat Birdles and DCX to get to 10 wins, which is probably the cut-off.
  • AT at 9-6 needs to win against Levious or needs a DM loss to Birdles or DCX and a Tiebreaker.
  • Vikings need to get to 9-7 to contend for the division, and even then, needs help from Bob.
  • A team at the center of this vortex is the Rams who could spoil both McNeily and could help AT/DM by beating Splat (Rams/Colasante also could've knifed Bob's playoffs last week, but couldn't pull it out).

I'd sure love some help. I'm glad to have the Rams at home, but Bradford gave me fits last game and playing in San Fran week 17 isn't something I want to deal with w/ my playoff aspirations on the line.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Fun fact:

NFC Playoffs Junk

Edit: Nevermind! I see what you did there.

McNei1y

Yeah, oh god, the walk was fucking awful. I stayed at Baltimore hall and it was a 15 minute walk smack in the middle of the sun every morning to the music building.

After a few weeks I gave up and just borrowed a friends bike and rode around on campus stoned as hell. Soooo fun.

I kind of miss the East Coast in general. I've only been to the DC Metro area once in my life but it was so intriguing, I've always wanted to go back and explore more. I can see myself living there...but I'm enjoying the warm weather in the south so I'll stick here for a while haha

lol. I wish I had a bike on campus. I think the longest walk that I had was literally across campus. It took me 35 minutes to get from Lot 4 (Comcast Center parking lot) to the complete opposite side.

Fun fact:

NFC Playoffs Junk

Yeah. I don't know the odds but they're very low. I'm going to try and go 9-7 though even if it gets me a worse draft pick.

BigAT

Well that was an odd game

GG. I can't believe that happened on the last TAINT I threw. I hit B to throw to Nicks, but I guess the game thought I double tapped or something because it gave me user control of him and pulled him completely out of the play, leaving no one but your CB there. Frustrating.

I don't know why I even bother putting a QB spy on Vick, he still gets 10 yards running even with my best lineman watching him.

Disappointed with the loss, but I believe I still have a "win and I'm in" scenario for next week, if the tiebreakers work out properly.

Trasher

Browns are getting a new owner later tonight, idk what he's doing atm. Can you play later tonight, maybe tomorrow? If not I'll sub.

I can play later tonight probably in between DotA matches. I'll just keep checking the thread to see what's going on with this new Browns guy.

gg ez. I'm going to guess your controller failed you on that fatal screen pass attempt

lol what did he do? i missed it i guess

god damn it I'm going to be drafting in the mid first round again :(

eznark

Banned
gg ez. I'm going to guess your controller failed you on that fatal screen pass attempt

lol what did he do? i missed it i guess

He fumbled when I was going in to go up two scores. Instead I went down for good. Guy sucks.

Good game dude. Weather games......ugh

dang i should retire. i got smashed by bobby! kapernick was more inaccurate than i've seen him in all 3 seasons of the league and my run defense was non existent. oh well.... guess i have a meaningful game next week :(

Mrbob

Carter Stone 6 sacks (defensive rookie of the year!). 8 ints by the Bears D. 3 manual!

I don't know where the hell that defensive performance came from, but I'll take it. NFC North crown is here! Not gonna pile on though because that has to be one of the worst luck games I've seen.

Splat you have your shot at division now!

Top Bottom