• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

TheCrow

I'm not a passing guru, but I'd recommend going into practice mode and attempt to get the timing down on routes. Seems like almost everyone this year has at least around 15 to 20 ints. The only way to stop them is to run the ball more!
Only 10 for Tebow and 4 of them came in one game. But then again my only advice is to play it safe and have a WR like Demaryius Thomas. Tebow probably has the one of the lowest ypa at 14.1 and Thomas ypc is 14.2 but he has over 1000 yds and 14 tds. Also if no one is open just take the sack or scramble for a couple yards but make sure you dive.

Edit: What's the deadline for this week?

Only 10 for Tebow and 4 of them came in one game. But then again my only advice is to play it safe and have a WR like Demaryius Thomas. Tebow probably has the one of the lowest ypa at 14.1 and Thomas ypc is 14.2 but he has over 1000 yds and 14 tds. Also if no one is open just take the sack or scramble for a couple yards but make sure you dive.

Edit: What's the deadline for this week?

deadline is Thursday, 9 pm pst

BobDylan

Just wondering if you can check the league leader stats online any way? me and a few of my friends have a league going and like to keep track of this stuff. I wish there were more to the online franchise mode though

bluemax

Banned
Oh god don't even joke about it! I'd be finished before the playoffs started.

I'm not a passing guru, but I'd recommend going into practice mode and attempt to get the timing down on routes. Seems like almost everyone this year has at least around 15 to 20 ints. The only way to stop them is to run the ball more!

I'm pretty sure I have one of the worst running games in this league. Maybe then someone should clue me in on how to not get stuffed behind the line on every hand off. Seems like everyone who manually played MLBer can accelerate through my rushing lane faster than my RB and I'd love to know how to run without that happening.

Just wondering if you can check the league leader stats online any way? me and a few of my friends have a league going and like to keep track of this stuff. I wish there were more to the online franchise mode though

you can actually do it from the OF menu. There is a little tab for it, but its only for passing, rushing, and tackles

bluemax

Banned
According to LM I'm 7th worst in the league in rushing and the Cowboys can pass me this week with 23 yards of rushing.

Totally random side statistic but the Jaguars are not the league leader in 4th downs against. I'm kind of surprised by that. Teams have gone for it 5 times on 4th down against the Jags.

Interestingly most of the teams who have had a lot of 4th downs attempted against them are among the league leaders (Giants, Cards, Steelers, Broncos) but the Saints have had a mere 4 fourth downs attempted against them.

I am the only person to not allow a successful 4th down this season!

The Texans are the worst team at stopping others on 4th down, allowing 7 of 8 conversions.

On the flip side only two teams are 100% on 4th down, Seattle at 8-8 and Arizona at 2-2. The Rams have the most total 4th down conversions with 9 but they've gone for it a league high 17 times on 4th down.

The Texans and Giants are the two worst teams on 4th down with 1-6 for Houston and 0-3 for New York.

Totally random side statistic but the Jaguars are not the league leader in 4th downs against. I'm kind of surprised by that.

Why?

Also, in the useless stats category, don't leave out the fact that the jags have the most efficient red zone scoring offense in da league!!! 97% baby!

Sokantish

I'm going to be leaving Friday morning and won't have access to my 360 so I'd have to play the last game on the night of the advance. Panther dude can you do that? Also, I won't be back until Wednesday. Since I have no chance of getting into the playoffs I don't think it'll matter, right?

LiveWire

levious I recall you saying Thursday is probably going to be your only free night, but just in case, I'll be around from 7PM Pacific onward tonight.

BigAT

Has anyone picked up the new UFC game? I'm a fan of the sport but have never tried any of the games. It sounds like the new one does a lot of things right though.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Has anyone picked up the new UFC game? I'm a fan of the sport but have never tried any of the games. It sounds like the new one does a lot of things right though.

I rented it for a few days from RedBox. Pretty awesome and im only a very mild fan of the sport. The ground stuff is still tough to learn. And the loading times are ass. And they force you to retire in career mode pretty suddenly which blew. But i had alot of fun with it

LukeSmith

With Browns win, AFC playoff picture gets clearer (sort of)

• Bengals are out because the Browns have the common opponent tiebreaker.
  • Texans need a win AND one of the following: Colts loss, Browns loss to get in. If the Colts lose 1 of the last 2 games, the Texans could end up with the 3 seed with a win over the Bengals - they'd play the Colts in round 1 in Houston.
  • Browns need a win against the Dolphins. Or, a Texans loss and the Colts get to 10 wins, but they might not have the tiebreakers over the Texans if both finish 9-7
  • Colts control fate. Two wins and they have the 3 seed, beat the Jags, probably in, even with a Browns loss. Colts split 1-1 and they probably end up the six.
  • MML/K should be in, he could be the 5 and play Sanjo or the 6 and play AFC South Winner.

Smokey

Smokey controls his own fate. You can go ahead and chalk the Browns up at 9-7.

I am facing a top-tier opponent with an elite QB. I admire the passion that Wellie has for Madden. He is a very worthy opponent. It's a shame that he's out of the playoffs with the Browns win.

4th and inches by the goal line with 12 seconds left and 1 TO for me and I call a QB sneak. My QB takes a knee lol. This game dicking me over again. Oh well, i guess it happens.

also:

AP: 12 ATT 35 yds

not negative, but i tried!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
4th and inches by the goal line with 12 seconds left and 1 TO for me and I call a QB sneak. My QB takes a knee lol. This game dicking me over again. Oh well, i guess it happens.

also:

Happened to me before. Never called it again!

McNei1y

also:

It looked like he flopped on the ground lol.

Just one of those games were AP doesn't get past the line often. That was a pretty boring game but yet again it came down to the end like all of my other games.

Those back to back user picks were pretty cool though. I couldn't believe you made that interception lol. I had CJ wide open and you blew that shit up

McNei1y

Those back to back user picks were pretty cool though. I couldn't believe you made that interception lol. I had CJ wide open and you blew that shit up

I don't know why I even called the play in the first place. I wanted to try some new PA play so I went with it. Clearly, you had about 5 defenders around my two main targets so I just said fuck it and threw it directly to the guy you were controlling, who was in perfect coverage.

It's been a pleasure playing against you these seasons! Maybe we'll see eachother next season (if I choose the Vikings again).

I don't know why I even called the play in the first place. I wanted to try some new PA play so I went with it. Clearly, you had about 5 defenders around my two main targets so I just said fuck it and threw it directly to the guy you were controlling, who was in perfect coverage.

It's been a pleasure playing against you these seasons! Maybe we'll see eachother next season (if I choose the Vikings again).

Psshh, we're bros dude. No need for the formalities. I'm sure we'll play each other regardless of who you end up with next season. And can't you challenge Live for the Skins yet?

McNei1y

Psshh, we're bros dude. No need for the formalities. I'm sure we'll play each other regardless of who you end up with next season. And can't you challenge Live for the Skins yet?

I probably could but I've said before that I think I'll just let him have them. I mean, maybe my mind changes come pre-season (especially if they get an RGIII), but I find some fun in selecting random teams and just working with them.

Again I decree: Vance is tomorrow at 9pm pst rain or shine!

Splat can u play our game tomorrow? I'll be gone all of next week so I'm hoping we can start the playoffs ASAP :(

Top Bottom