• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

Splat

GG FMT. Larry Fitz broke a toe and is out for the season :(

NFC WEST CHAMPS DIVISION SWEEP WHAT UP!

Losing Larry really fucking blows :( Maybe his toe will miraculously heal!

yowzer another 8 turnover game for kapernick :(

on the plus side no one has to worry about facing larry fitzgerald in the playoffs :D

gg splat, my downward spiral into oblivion continues!

Ramirez

Nah, he's definitely an untouchable too. I have a feeling my line will be even better next year.

AP only has 87 more yards than Mendenhall on EIGHTY more attempts, lulz.

Regardless if I get bounced from the playoffs in my first game, I won the passing title this year, woo!

LiveWire

i just checked, it was 7. i threw 8 picks against bob, and 6 against splat! trade me peypey!
Hot/cold streaks have to be in online franchise then. I knew I wasn't suddenly making terrible reads after my bad game against CB.

Oh and gladly. PeyPey and my 1st round pick for P-Willis and Kaepernick.

Ramirez

I'm going to be pissed if Ben doesn't get a OPOTY nod. 45 TDs!! How many did Luke have with Peyton in season 1?

He had 43 and 18 INTs, I have like 4 more INTs and 2 more TDs, give it to me!

LukeSmith

I'm going to be pissed if Ben doesn't get a OPOTY nod. 45 TDs!! How many did Luke have with Peyton in season 1?

He had 43 and 18 INTs, I have like 4 more INTs and 2 more TDs, give it to me!

4 more INT in 70 less attempts and my completion % was 10% higher and I threw for 800 or so yards more than you.

Grey dick is right where he belongs. Not on my level.

LukeSmith

I did it all without TE Motion, so I win!

Nah, TE Motion doesn't make up for that difference. Besides, you run Twins.

I am running Twins all season next year to prove my point about it being unstoppable. Already have the playbook picked out!

Roofles will have another shot at Peyton's Year 1 next season - for whoever he ends up playing with.

eznark

Banned
Can I release guys now or do I need to wait til the offseason? I'm gonna be in Arizona next week and don't really want to fiddle with this

DCX

DCX
Can I release guys now or do I need to wait til the offseason? I'm gonna be in Arizona next week and don't really want to fiddle with this

Well, CB says we have new rules for roster size. A min and Max.

I assume people over the Max can cut without penalty.

Not sure..I guess FMT and luke can answer these questions sooner than later.

DCX

Mrbob

Lol, Ramirez is screwed then.

I played the Mass Effect 3 demo, I wasn't in before but I think the demo pulled me back. Going to have to go 360 since this is where my completion save files are located!

BigAT

Lol, Ramirez is screwed then.

I played the Mass Effect 3 demo, I wasn't in before but I think the demo pulled me back. Going to have to go 360 since this is where my completion save files are located!

Apparently you can transfer 360 saves to PC somehow. I'm thinking of looking into it so I can buy the PC version.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Are we going to try to implement the franchise tag this season or just wait for Madden 13?

Why would we need a franchise tag? Isn't the point of it to retain the services of a player for another year if you can't come to a long term pricing agreement? Just sign the guy for a year. The players can't really refuse or ask for more money as in real life.

Mrbob

Wellie has a good point. I "franchised" Carl Nicks to a year one deal, and will probably do so again this upcoming off season!

Apparently you can transfer 360 saves to PC somehow. I'm thinking of looking into it so I can buy the PC version.

Do you know how or a link for how to do this?

LiveWire

Why would we need a franchise tag? Isn't the point of it to retain the services of a player for another year if you can't come to a long term pricing agreement? Just sign the guy for a year. The players can't really refuse or ask for more money as in real life.

Well I was thinking of a scenario where the average of the top 5 at the player's position was actually LESS than the money owed to a player in a contract year. Since we aren't allowed to restructure and backload money/provide incentives/nominate our roster bonuses like the real NFL does.

For example, Trent Williams is owed $12.6 million in the final year of his contract. Is the average salary of the top paid 5 Left Tackles in the league above that? I'd be shocked if it was.

eznark

Banned
Well I was thinking of a scenario where the average of the top 5 at the player's position was actually LESS than the money owed to a player in a contract year. Since we aren't allowed to restructure and backload money/provide incentives/nominate our roster bonuses like the real NFL does.

For example, Trent Williams is owed $12.6 million in the final year of his contract. Is the average salary of the top paid 5 Left Tackles in the league above that? I'd be shocked if it was.

Offensive linemen aren't separated by position. I see your point, but it seems like a heck of a lot of work to save a million bucks.

Mrbob

Oh I agree. I'm paying about 4 million more for Nicks than the highest paid guard in the NFL, but this is a reason why we got such a big bump last season in terms of cap space availability. Although I think the bump should be smaller this off season.

Ramirez

Feet finally gave out after all of those jump catches

044159e6e0b6bbae9a223ead74efee75883a7b7.gif

Stop worrying about my team bottom feeders.

LukeSmith

Oh I agree. I'm paying about 4 million more for Nicks than the highest paid guard in the NFL, but this is a reason why we got such a big bump last season in terms of cap space availability. Although I think the bump should be smaller this off season.

There won't be much of a bump this year.

We went up 15M or so last year, this year we'll probably go up between $5-7M

LOL 8 TDs in week 17 for Ramirez, Roofles is suspended for the first playoff game for running up the score.

I don't think we've had a collapse as incredible as FMT's since Bob's PlayStation 3 season where he started off 8-0 and missed the playoffs. And we certainly haven't seen a QB go from first to turd like Scapernick. The Gods are punishing you, FMT

Ramirez

I decided to not let off the gas until the very end when before the half, Sok lobbed a hail mary up, it bounced off my dudes and teleported between them into his guys stomach, heh.

Top Bottom