• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

Smokey

gg Smokey, no idea where my cover 2 was on that ball to AJ :-/

Is my deep ball terrible?

Not that it's terrible, but it's kind of an exploit. All you have to do is wait for the route to develop so that you underthrow the receiver. Any elite WR will outjump the defense everytime.

You had 3 rec and an avg of 59 rec yards per with aj green...

Splat

Not that it's terrible, but it's kind of an exploit. All you have to do is wait for the route to develop so that you underthrow the receiver. Any elite WR will outjump the defense everytime.

You had 3 rec and an avg of 59 rec yards per with aj green...

Eh, CB picked me off twice on those, I didn't think they were unstoppable. Late I had to take shots deep, though. If it's a terrible exploit I can stop!

Smokey

Eh, CB picked me off twice on those, I didn't think they were unstoppable. Late I had to take shots deep, though. If it's a terrible exploit I can stop!

I wouldn't put it on the scale of terrible exploit at all.

Just more on the scale of annoying. I mean..I have the WR to do it all day but I don't think yall would be too happy about that. Other than that it was an entertaining game. Got the stream looking perfect so I'm happy about that.

no one has to worry about splat and his fitz jump balls in the playoffs :)

Told you dat toe finally gave out ;)

Splat

To be honest, I've not played the Bengals much recently, but normally AJ doesn't have near that much success on deep balls. Larry's the only one that's had any luck w/ it, normally they jump and get hit and drop it :-/

Damn, Mass Effect 3 Official Trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG2mdZ23eP8

thanks!

I have a raging boner after watching that.

Still think its kinda lame that the Reapers are going to lose out to humans. I'd rather have a "reapers win" ending.

"They are far more advanced than any known civilization in the Universe but dont worry we got squishy humans who always find a way to win!"

been there, done that - will smith was in it. Gimme a dark depressing ending!

Mrbob

thanks!

I have a raging boner after watching that.

Still think its kinda lame that the Reapers are going to lose out to humans. I'd rather have a "reapers win" ending.

"They are far more advanced than any known civilization in the Universe but dont worry we got squishy humans who always find a way to win!"

been there, done that - will smith was in it. Gimme a dark depressing ending!

Haha, while I agree, I put in too much work into the first two games to lose by the end of the third!

Haha, while I agree, I put in too much work into the first two games to lose by the end of the third!

True... but the Reapers better be the most bad ass shit ever! I really don't want any lame, easily exploited weakness, that human ingenuity always seems to find with these types of stories. From the trailer it looks like the entire universe is banding together to take out the reapers so thats pretty awesome. Either way, i can't effin wait!

Ramirez

Bluemax, I got a playfire message from you in my inbox, had a playfire link with my GT at the end? Maybe something you want to look into? :p

bluemax

Banned
Bluemax, I got a playfire message from you in my inbox, had a playfire link with my GT at the end? Maybe something you want to look into? :p

Yeah apparently when you sign up it spams everyone on your friends list unless you click a box that I apparently missed.

Its not a scam, just some stupid game tracking website. Sorry for spamming everyone though :(

I don't even know why I signed up, I'm tired and made a poor decision :(

bluemax

Banned
Best bet is an XBL message. I was out all day and just now got home so I couldn't message him at all. I'll let you know but today may be good like in the afternoon.

Yeah I sent him a XBL message and a friend request. No worries, I didn't get home until after 10 EST anyhow.

DCX

DCX
:( As i scheduled a meeting with DM last night around midnight, i decided to watch some Breaking Bad. This was around 10:30 est and next thing i know i wake up at 5:19 this morning :/

I never bailed on a madden matchup like this. I am ashamed..i let you bros down :( Oh and FMT needed some practice and asked me to play in the middle of my slumber too lol

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
What time is good for you smokey, the earlier the better IMO.

How did splat do versus my use of the Bengals? Curious to see how a real fan uses them.

DCX

DCX
What time is good for you smokey, the earlier the better IMO.

How did splat do versus my use of the Bengals? Curious to see how a real fan uses them.

From what i gather he uses them similar to the Cards. Jump balls for the win.

You are doing it wrong.

DCX

Splat said:
Super GG Drizz, I was nervous as hell all second half with the back and forth leads. Thanks for staying up!
GG I guess. Both the 50+ yarder and the 70+ yarder to fitz on the only two TD drives were such BS. I was so pissed when he caught the 50+ yarder where VD and Israel are step for step and Rolle meets em before the catch and Fitz comes down with it. Then I end the game being an idiot and not just picking up yards like I was doing to start the drive. Instead I get to the cusp of fg range and get sacked. IDK wtf happened in my brain, I can't believe I lost that shit. To start that final drive Marshall had the TD and for whatever reason JCamp doesn't put any touch on the tap pass to Marshall who is all alone in the secondary so the lb makes a ridiculous jump swat. I can't believe I lost that, Kolb went 4/11.... for 158 yards..........
[/s]

I know that feel Smokey

splat lets cool it on the jump balls. i think you only had one completed against me and it didn't have any effect on our game but it is a known "problem", especially when dealing with superstar wr's.

i've also had multiple complaints about d-line usage. bottom line is i'm not banning d-line usage but just want to make people aware that you should be looking into slide protections and keeping guys into block. if you're sending 5 guys out in every route the odds are your QB is going to take some sacks

People need to quit bitching about the jump ball thing. Stop acting like you guys don't take advantage of little shit in the game here and there

LukeSmith

splat lets cool it on the jump balls. i think you only had one completed against me and it didn't have any effect on our game but it is a known "problem", especially when dealing with superstar wr's.

i've also had multiple complaints about d-line usage. bottom line is i'm not banning d-line usage but just want to make people aware that you should be looking into slide protections and keeping guys into block. if you're sending 5 guys out in every route the odds are your QB is going to take some sacks

I wonder how the league would change if you couldn't play d-line anymore. I would definitely lose myself some games at safety

already have it!

cosplayPG.gif

Splat

Well, I don't have a choice rest of this season. I think I over did it on TV because I was playin' for the fans! I assume deep balls are still okay if they don't become jumpers? Because I've had a number of those in games too.

Smokey

Well, I don't have a choice rest of this season. I think I over did it on TV because I was playin' for the fans! I assume deep balls are still okay if they don't become jumpers? Because I've had a number of those in games too.

lolz..deep throws are still fine

also mark your calendars...5pm central today the main event is going down on STV Bengals v. Texans

and now i go back to sleep to try and rid this hangover before then

eznark

Banned

Doesn't matter how you play, if you win certain people will cry about cheese and exploits.

Keep doin what you do.

DCX

DCX
Doesn't matter how you play, if you win certain people will cry about cheese and exploits.

Keep doin what you do.

This is always going to be true. There is always a reason that people will pin point on a loss.

With this said, DM and I had a battle of slot cheese and i loved it lol. He got the win cause i threw two ints that kinda changed the flow of the game.

What this game did teach me is that i also have the power of jump catch !! I channeled my inner splat and went beast mode with Julio. <3

DCX

LiveWire

People need to quit bitching about the jump ball thing. Stop acting like you guys don't take advantage of little shit in the game here and there
Truth.

Also looking forward to SmokeyTV this afternoon. Will assuredly be more entertaining than watching the Caps shit the bed for the hundredth time this season.

Ramirez

You guys enjoy playing against something that's pretty much unstoppable? Fitz had like 3-4 of those jump balls on me in a scrim and it was annoying as hell. I didn't say anything to FMT about it though, because I know you guys never listen to me. :p

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
You guys enjoy playing against something that's pretty much unstoppable? Fitz had like 3-4 of those jump balls on me in a scrim and it was annoying as hell. I didn't say anything to FMT about it though, because I know you guys never listen to me. :p

220px-Twins_Poster.jpg

eznark

Banned

He was only able to complete one against me. The rapist is apparently untacklable, should Pittsburgh throwing be banned?

I played him and he completed one deep ball. I just double Fitz and brought pressure. It was by no means unstoppable.

Smokey

Hey wellie if you can play at 6 cst instead of 5 that would be better..visiting fam and it took me a hour to get here because 3/4 lanes on freeway were shut down.

If you can't that's fine let me know and we can find another time.

bluemax

Banned

Despite the fact that I lost to splat twice I feel he is completely beatable. Our second game I went all out to stop Fitz and he beat me with the other players on his team.

If we are banning deep passing we should ban manual line backer play, I feel that being able to shoot the gap with super powered line backers is way more game breaking than a couple of jump balls.

Top Bottom