• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

LukeSmith

Raiders owner has something like 12 players above 80 in contract year. The team that Rors built becomes the team that MMK has to maintain.

Somnia

Anyone know what this error is, never seen it before. Logged in, accepted FMT's invite and then it said "An xbox live membership limitation does not allow chat online"

LukeSmith

also, i have had a few people complain about the 4th down rules, or lack of enforcement of them. so let me know what you guys want:

1. keep the 4th down rules as they are and if they are broken then there will be punishments in the form of a 2 game suspension to the violating teams starting QB.

2. adjust the 4th down rules to only apply in your own territory (i.e. you could go for it in your opponents territory under any circumstance, but not in your own territory under any circumstance)

while i have said a few times that i didn't care when people "broke the rules" against me, the point is a good one in that if we're going to have rules then lets have rules and if we're not then lets not.

Both of these are stupid.

If there are any rules to enforce maybe the running up the score one is a good one to revisit.

Bob crying about a 4th and 2 where I was up by one possession and in FG range is idiotic.

Teams that went for it on 4th down the most (completed):
Rams 23 (13)
Redskins 18 (7)
Colts 12 (10)
49ers 11 (6)
Lions 11 (4)

This is not worth re-evaluating because a few people's vaginas got stamped on.

That I'm 10/12 on Fourth down just means I know when to do it. That Livewire is 7/18 means he doesn't.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I'll play 4th down how I always play 4th Down. Regardless of what is decided.

eat shit

eznark

Banned
I vary my fourth down rules per game. Big talk Bobby gets his own special series. Eznark, a consummate gentleman and exquisite DOTA player gets punted to judiciously

See, I always punt to bob cause he is a whiny bitch. With you, I'd consider going for it because I know you desperately want to go for it but don necessarily want to be the first asshole to break the rule.

I'll never punt when playing DCX. Hell I won't even huddle.

bluemax

Banned
Seahawks with the 1 game improvement over last season, huzzah!

Have we got any rulings yet on roster sizes? I want to start making my offseason plans.

bluemax

Banned
Final regular season draft projection:

Code:
Cowboys	  3	13	0
Jaguars	  3	13	0
Rams	  3	13	0
Chiefs	  4	12	0
Bills	  5	11	0
Chargers  5	11	0
Panthers  5	11	0
Ravens	  5	11	0
Dolphins  6	10	0
Falcons	  6	10	0
Jets	  6	10	0
Lions	  6	10	0
Packers	  6	10	0
Redskins  6	10	0
Titans	  7	9	0
Seahawks  8	8	0
Bengals	  9	7	0
Texans	  9	7	0
Vikings	  9	7	0
Buccs	  10	6	0
____________________**
Bears	  10	6	0
Browns	  10	6	0
Giants	  10	6	0
Patriots  10	6	0
Raiders	  10	6	0
Colts	  11	5	0
Cardinals 12	4	0
Eagles	  12	4	0
49ers	  12	4	0
Saints	  12	4	0
Steelers  12	4	0
Broncos	  14	2	0
** Everyone below this line is in the playoffs and their draft spot will be based on when they are eliminated.

Ties are listed alphabetically and should only be taken as approximate placement. I have never figured out what EA uses to break draft ties (last season I thought it was SoS but that ended up being wrong).

Final regular season draft projection:

Code:
Cowboys	  3	13	0
Jaguars	  3	13	0
Rams	  3	13	0
Chiefs	  4	12	0
Bills	  5	11	0
Chargers  5	11	0
Panthers  5	11	0
Ravens	  5	11	0
Dolphins  6	10	0
Falcons	  6	10	0
Jets	  6	10	0
Lions	  6	10	0
Packers	  6	10	0
Redskins  6	10	0
Titans	  7	9	0
Seahawks  8	8	0
Bengals	  9	7	0
Texans	  9	7	0
Vikings	  9	7	0
Buccs	  10	6	0
____________________**
Bears	  10	6	0
Browns	  10	6	0
Giants	  10	6	0
Patriots  10	6	0
Raiders	  10	6	0
Colts	  11	5	0
Cardinals 12	4	0
Eagles	  12	4	0
49ers	  12	4	0
Saints	  12	4	0
Steelers  12	4	0
Broncos	  14	2	0
** Everyone below this line is in the playoffs and their draft spot will be based on when they are eliminated.

Ties are listed alphabetically and should only be taken as approximate placement. I have never figured out what EA uses to break draft ties (last season I thought it was SoS but that ended up being wrong).

So the Jags aren't drafting #1 overall?

Most successful season ever!

(9th) Dolphins 6 10 0
(10th) Falcons 6 10 0
(11th) Jets 6 10 0
(12th) Lions 6 10 0
(13th) Packers 6 10 0
(14th) Redskins 6 10 0

Yikes

So the Jags aren't drafting #1 overall?

Most successful season ever!

Always read the fine print, don't pop the champagne just yet.

Max of 55 huh. Ok this is easy. min of 50? Oh Ram :(

DCX

yeah ramirez and others will likely have to make some tough decisions. i will also say that if you have to cut someone for the sole purpose of freeing up money to sign a few other guys to get to the minimum # of players there will be no cap penalty for the cut guys.

so for instance lets say ramirez has to cut roofles so that he can sign 5 other guys. i'm not going to penalize for cutting roofles

LukeSmith

yeah ramirez and others will likely have to make some tough decisions. i will also say that if you have to cut someone for the sole purpose of freeing up money to sign a few other guys to get to the minimum # of players there will be no cap penalty for the cut guys.

so for instance lets say ramirez has to cut roofles so that he can sign 5 other guys. i'm not going to penalize for cutting roofles

Penalties would get applied to the following season's cap anyway - and isn't this the last hurrah

i am more or less fucked in regards to next years cap. players who appear to be pending FA's:

Asante Samuel - 11.5 mil per year
Justin Smith - 8.3 mil per year
Donte Whitner - 4.2 mil per year

gonna do whatever i can to keep these dudes though. samuel has been awesome.... 10 picks. whitner shouldn't be too hard to retain. might have to let justin smith hit the road though :(

Ramirez

Damn, Ram! I didn't realize you were that low on players lol.

I'm no GM, that's for sure. Most of the big contracts were already laid on me from RL, and the RL Steelers have been cleaning house as well. Still sucks when you only have 3 options to choose from on that jank website when most of them are not that realistic, but whatever.

I should have started my backup QB to see if he's passable enough that I could cut Ben, he's only like 78 OVR. =\ No one wants to wheel and deal with me!

What's the min. number on the rosters gonna be?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'm no GM, that's for sure. Most of the big contracts were already laid on me from RL, and the RL Steelers have been cleaning house as well. Still sucks when you only have 3 options to choose from on that jank website when most of them are not that realistic, but whatever.

I should have started my backup QB to see if he's passable enough that I could cut Ben, he's only like 78 OVR. =\ No one wants to wheel and deal with me!

Dalton is available for trade if anyone wants him.

McNei1y

minimum of 50 players, maximum of 55 players

I would be interested in Ben if I didn't have Ponder. He's decent and has a small enough contract for me to not care about QB's luckily.

BigAT

What are you looking to get for Ben and his fat chin contract?

DCX

DCX
The cap hit will apply to the next season. You'd be fucked while those of us that wait a week will be ballin'.

I thought you fools said this would be the last season?

I'm in for more of course, just it would change my off season plan.

DCX

Top Bottom