• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I thought you fools said this would be the last season?

I'm in for more of course, just it would change my off season plan.

DCX

I'm not sure who proclaimed the next season the last, but its not for me. I'll keep going if we have ample players

Somnia

Anyone know the pw for leaguemanager? I know the ID for the league, but need the PW to join. I tried jgar, neogaffe and lifelong and nadda.

Splat

Pick Anti-Mage, lose finals.

Why was there no ingame stream? too much for it handle currently?

Anyone want to predict this round of playoffs?

Bears over 49ers, playoffs finish in a reasonable timespan, FMT's season ends with a thud.

Browns over Pats as the newcomer takes Newcomer to the win.

Saints over Giants, Saint angry they got robbed a bye.

Colts over Raiders, gameflow to victory.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Anyone know the matchups for next season?

I know it's AFC N versus AFC E and AFC W versus AFC S, but does anyone know the inter-conference matchups?

bluemax

Banned
Why was there no ingame stream? too much for it handle currently?

Anyone want to predict this round of playoffs?

Bears over 49ers, playoffs finish in a reasonable timespan, FMT's season ends with a thud.

Browns over Pats as the newcomer takes Newcomer to the win.

Saints over Giants, Saint angry they got robbed a bye.

Colts over Raiders, gameflow to victory.

I think they use a different server for tournaments.

LukeSmith

gg MMK, laggiest game I've had in awhile (I imagine that was the case for both of us)

Your safety is hard to deal with, well played

CB3

Birdman1702 14720 Send Message
Last seen 1 minute ago playing Xbox.com

Big AT
In-Game
Dota2

Welp. See you guys in April

LukeSmith

How does Wellie get so many sacks? 57 sacks in the last two season from the same position. He used to play the LE, now he plays DT (a DE there, but that's irrelevant), yet the LE production is huge, biggest ever. How does it happen?

The question burns the thread. Everyone wonders how.

I'd need to rewatch the game with Smokey to be sure, but this probably works:

rolb mlb lolb
RE CK DT LE

The RE really isn't relevant, he really is only going to get pressure when you slide your line to the right. Why would you slide your line to the right? Because that's the side you're going to get pressure from, don't slide your O-line against this pressure.

Whether the OLB over the LE is assigned to blitz or not is irrelevant, he can be reblitzed pre-snap, what is important is his location. He needs to line up over the Tackle. Pre-snap, put your DT in Contain (not the CK, the DT) and reblitz the LE. You'll notice (if you watched the game) Wellie himself gets virtually none of the sacks.

So here's the set-up.
  1. In the huddle, call a play with the LOLB
  2. You're controlling the DT next to the RE (that's the End that doesn't get any sacks in this game).
  3. Put the DT in contain with a hot route, that's going to make him take an outside loop and fuck up the Oline protection.
  4. Reblitz the LE
  5. If needed, reblitz the LOLB

The DT is going to pull a blocker with him, the LB is going to shoot the gap and get picked up and your LE will be a free runner at the QB

That's the LukeSmith Tip Of the Week

CB3

How does Wellie get so many sacks? 57 sacks in the last two season from the same position.

The question burns the thread. Everyone wonders how.

I'd need to rewatch the game with Smokey to be sure, but this works (feel free to use it until it gets banned):

rolb mlb lolb
RE CK DT LE

The RE really isn't relevant, he really is only going to get pressure when you slide your line to the right. Why would you slide your line to the right? Because that's the side you're going to get pressure from, don't slide your O-line against this pressure.

Whether the OLB over the LE is assigned to blitz or not is irrelevant, he can be reblitzed pre-snap, what is important is his location. He needs to line up over the Tackle. Pre-snap, put your DT in Contain (not the CK, the DT) and reblitz the LE. You'll notice (if you watched the game) Wellie himself gets virtually none of the sacks.

So here's the set-up.
  1. In the huddle, call a play with the LOLB
  2. You're controlling the DT next to the RE (that's the End that doesn't get any sacks in this game).
  3. Put the DT in contain with a hot route, that's going to make him take an outside loop and fuck up the Oline protection.
  4. Reblitz the LE
  5. If needed, reblitz the LOLB

westb_medium.gif

I feel vindicated.

Ramirez

Does that make it cheese!?

AT, were you seriously wanting Ben?!

It's a sham that the Browns made the playoffs, should have tanked and new owner picked them up next season, meh.

Somnia

When the season is over, what kind of penaltys are there for cutting players early? Havent played since we started that.

BigAT

Does that make it cheese!?

AT, were you seriously wanting Ben?!

It's a sham that the Browns made the playoffs, should have tanked and new owner picked them up next season, meh.

Yes, if the trade were agreeable. I would probably want to wait until post-progression though.

Ramirez

Yes, if the trade were agreeable. I would probably want to wait until post-progression though.

Ben's going to be a 99 after progression, believe.

I'll trade you Ben for Manning, you're getting a much better player in game, and I need the cap space, I need to sign 12 guys. :(

I'm probably gonna have to trade Harrison or Woodley as well...Harrison might retire I suppose.

LukeSmith

I just hope that I don't get mmk next round.

Edit: Wait, Luke won? Well thats one less thing to worry about.

Wow, cold blooded to Sanjo and this new Browns owner.

Big talk from the guy I dunked out of the playoffs with Curtis Painter! Believe Sanjo/Browns winner

not sure on the AFC, but in the nfc the divisional matchups would be like this:

1. if Giants beat the saints then:

49ers @ Eagles
Giants @ Cardinals

2. if Saints beat giants then:

Saints @ Eagles
49ers @ Cardinals

TheCrow

Wow, cold blooded to Sanjo and this new Browns owner.

Big talk from the guy I dunked out of the playoffs with Curtis Painter! Believe Sanjo/Browns winner
Eh, it was a close game and Painter isn't a bad QB by any means. The new browns owner might be trouble since I won't know what to expect.

Top Bottom