• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

McNei1y

According to FMT there will be no penalties so that everyone can get to a min/max number for their roster.

5269558397_64406aeb94.jpg

if you have to cut someone in order to create money to reach the player minimum, or if you have to cut somebody in order to get down to the 55 player maximum, then no there are no penalties.

if you cut someone just for the fuck of it then the penalty will be enforced

McNei1y

if you have to cut someone in order to create money to reach the player minimum, or if you have to cut somebody in order to get down to the 55 player maximum, then no there are no penalties.

if you cut someone just for the fuck of it then the penalty will be enforced

Ah, so he is serious!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
How does Wellie get so many sacks? 57 sacks in the last two season from the same position. He used to play the LE, now he plays DT (a DE there, but that's irrelevant), yet the LE production is huge, biggest ever. How does it happen?

The question burns the thread. Everyone wonders how.

I'd need to rewatch the game with Smokey to be sure, but this probably works:

rolb mlb lolb
RE CK DT LE

The RE really isn't relevant, he really is only going to get pressure when you slide your line to the right. Why would you slide your line to the right? Because that's the side you're going to get pressure from, don't slide your O-line against this pressure.

Whether the OLB over the LE is assigned to blitz or not is irrelevant, he can be reblitzed pre-snap, what is important is his location. He needs to line up over the Tackle. Pre-snap, put your DT in Contain (not the CK, the DT) and reblitz the LE. You'll notice (if you watched the game) Wellie himself gets virtually none of the sacks.

So here's the set-up.
  1. In the huddle, call a play with the LOLB
  2. You're controlling the DT next to the RE (that's the End that doesn't get any sacks in this game).
  3. Put the DT in contain with a hot route, that's going to make him take an outside loop and fuck up the Oline protection.
  4. Reblitz the LE
  5. If needed, reblitz the LOLB

The DT is going to pull a blocker with him, the LB is going to shoot the gap and get picked up and your LE will be a free runner at the QB

That's the LukeSmith Tip Of the Week

I'm exposed! :(

I'm a real man, I'm 24. I don't need to find any loopholes ... oh wait maybe that can be the difference between 7-9 annually or 10-6.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'm a real man, I'm 24. I don't need to find any loopholes ... oh wait maybe that can be the difference between 7-9 annually or 10-6.

A real man that cries to me about how Luke engages then disengages the RT to get instant pressure, but doesn't have the balls to call anyone out on the carpet. Why don't you be upfront about things, like a real man, and admit that when FMT made his comment on DL play it's because you complained.

A real man that cries to me about how Luke engages then disengages the RT to get instant pressure, but doesn't have the balls to call anyone out on the carpet. Why don't you be upfront about things, like a real man, and admit that when FMT made his comment on DL play it's because you complained.

I've given shit to Luke about it myself. As usual, he doesn't care and at the end of the day I don't really either.

And uh....I'm also pretty sure I posted about it here too.

But never mind that you didn't know that, let's put the focus back onto those who feel the need to exploit the game to get every extra point!

DCX

DCX
I've given shit to Luke about it myself. As usual, he doesn't care and at the end of the day I don't really either.

And uh....I'm also pretty sure I posted about it here too.

But never mind that you didn't know that, let's put the focus back onto those who feel the need to exploit the game to get every extra sack!
Fixed.

We all try to find that extra edge. I tried it with the base 1-5-5, Wells with his chemistry dline , Splat with jetpack Fitz, Lukes double TE motion, etc.

Someone once said, if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying.

I'm not saying these guys ( myself included ) are trying to break rules but we are like NASCAR, we see the line and try to get as far to it as possible before crossing it.

Us mid level dudes don't have the skill to pull it off most of the time as we just can't see it matrix style like the vets.

I mean cone on. Just look at the numbers. People knew it was something he knew that no one else did.

Again, I'm not saying what he is doing is breaking rules. It can be nullified. I beat him with a Browns team filling on and he was surprised I held it at bay.

To be perfectly honest. I wish this was a manual defender league. LB, S, CB. Not to penalize good dline dudes but as an equalizer.

It would add an element of being human in coverage. It will force us all to PLAY defense . Some of us already do this.

No greater satisfaction that a user pick or user forced fumble.

DCX

User Dline is nice for run D when you're dropping guys in coverage when running a 3-4 and you get good at shredding blocks. Getting rid of user line play is dumb, my D is about the playcalling more than the user-skills. More goes into my defensive playcalling than average so why are they considered the ones who PLAY defense? Cause they fly around the entire field with a S? I only take secondary if I want that specific guy to do something different than what the play will. Use I-form and always have you fb blocking if the pass rush is a problem.

And am i reading this right? You're only allowed to cut players without penalty if you've really mismanaged your team, if you still have a manageable team tough shit? Grey line is grey.

Ramirez

Like I told Luke last night, manual LB play should be mandatory, it's the only position you can't cheese the game up with aside from stopping the run, and even then you have to be good at timing snaps and getting through the clutter at the line. Safeties can cover too much ground, and DL play is broken due to dumb OL AI.

If it makes you feel any better Drizzler, I'm trading a few of my star players instead of just cutting them. I don't think I mismanaged my team though, the big contracts were already there, and I've over paid a lot of players due to how LM works.

eznark

Banned
Like I told Luke last night, manual LB play should be mandatory, it's the only position you can't cheese the game up with aside from stopping the run, and even then you have to be good at timing snaps and getting through the clutter at the line. Safeties can cover too much ground, and DL play is broken due to dumb OL AI.

If it makes you feel any better Drizzler, I'm trading a few of my star players instead of just cutting them. I don't think I mismanaged my team though, the big contracts were already there, and I've over paid a lot of players due to how LM works.

The only way to be sure is to not let use controlled defenses.

bluemax

Banned
User Dline is nice for run D when you're dropping guys in coverage when running a 3-4 and you get good at shredding blocks. Getting rid of user line play is dumb, my D is about the playcalling more than the user-skills. More goes into my defensive playcalling than average so why are they considered the ones who PLAY defense? Cause they fly around the entire field with a S? I only take secondary if I want that specific guy to do something different than what the play will. Use I-form and always have you fb blocking if the pass rush is a problem.

And am i reading this right? You're only allowed to cut players without penalty if you've really mismanaged your team, if you still have a manageable team tough shit? Grey line is grey.

I'm with Drizzler on both of these. People getting free passes for poor roster management? Why even use salaries if we are constantly working around them?

bluemax

Banned
It's not like having salaries has affected shit anyhow. We still have the same people performing at the same levels even after losing key players.

The system is a farce.

A. People are able to keep lots of elite talent if they are only paying 38 guys
B. people can hoard decent players for trade bait if they have 60 players

How about we give a bonus (higher salary cap) to teams that have between 50-55 players? I just don't like the grey area of cut breaks for teams that are in real bad shape.

A max has to be enforced regardless, wasn't this always the case?

It's not like Ram isn't risking anything. He is extremely thin across the board with no money to spend.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Reggie Bush takes a nose dive in attributes this off season, I doubt you'd be able to move him.

LukeSmith

I think this has been a good learning experience (Online Franchise with MLM) and in Madden 13 we'll be in better shape from the start of the franchise, unless EA goes big and supports Online Franchise like I know they can! Believe!

I think this has been a good learning experience (Online Franchise with MLM) and in Madden 13 we'll be in better shape from the start of the franchise, unless EA goes big and supports Online Franchise like I know they can! Believe!

yeah a lot of this stuff will be much better next year even if we have to go the LM (or that other site) route. but if EA pulls out an NCAA-styled fully featured franchise mode..... ayeeeeeee!

fonz.jpg

BigAT

tLmMa.gif

Giants - 35
Saints - 24

GG Bird. I was able to get up early thankfully and then just sell out completely against the pass in the second half. A big key was I didn't have any turnovers this game, which I have NOT been doing this season. That punt return touchdown I had was pretty stupid, I'm sure that was rage inducing on your end. Apparently that's the first PR TD I've had, since I got the achievement for it.

i don't think there will be any confusion in this round in the NFC. the game has the cards as the #1 seed, so they would play the lowest advancing team (giant being # 6 seed). the game gets confused when there are teams with identical records but that's not the case here.

i'm going to call it now:

49ers @ Eagles
Giants @ Cards

now if only this last game had been played yesterday i could've played the divisional game before i left. thanks a lot sanjuro!

Splat

i don't think there will be any confusion in this round in the NFC. the game has the cards as the #1 seed, so they would play the lowest advancing team (giant being # 6 seed). the game gets confused when there are teams with identical records but that's not the case here.

i'm going to call it now:

49ers @ Eagles
Giants @ Cards

now if only this last game had been played yesterday i could've played the divisional game before i left. thanks a lot sanjuro!

Are you going to be able to advance to div round or are we stuck now :(

LukeSmith

I may end up needing a fill-in for the playoffs. Something came up back home.

On the upside, Trasher, I'll probably be in town this week.

bluemax

Banned
<bluemax_work> Sanjuroooo
<bluemax_work> play your playoff game
<Gaime-BlackerthanOrin> you didn't say please
<Sanjuro> bluemax_work NO
<Sanjuro> fucking guy didnt respond to me

We are never going to see round 2.

Going to GDC?

dang hope everything is ok :(

i transferred commish status to CB so yes it will advance to the divisional. i'm going to take my 360 with me because the hotel apparently has free internet but we'll see

Splat

dang hope everything is ok :(

i transferred commish status to CB so yes it will advance to the divisional. i'm going to take my 360 with me because the hotel apparently has free internet but we'll see

Since I recently looked it up but didn't actually do it, I'll add this:

If the hotel has one of those sign in page proxy things to access the free internet, you need to sign in from your laptop/phone/whatever, then clone your MAC address from your laptop/phone/whatever onto your 360 (there's instruction online on how to do it). And then hope the TV in the hotel has actual inputs you can use (not likely).

:-/

eznark

Banned

If the hotel has one of those sign in page proxy things to access the free internet, you need to sign in from your laptop/phone/whatever, then clone your MAC address from your laptop/phone/whatever onto your 360 (there's instruction online on how to do it). And then hope the TV in the hotel has actual inputs you can use (not likely).

I've only ever gotten it to work once. So stupid.

bluemax

Banned

That's like the third time you've replied to me with that image!

One year I had to go out of town right around league draft time and I ended up buying an RF Adapter for my 360 to use with the hotel TV. I returned it before the end of the week, it was the ugliest way to play Madden ever. I'm pretty sure I couldn't see further than my guards on either end of the line.

Top Bottom