• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

TheCrow

Finished ME1 last night and it was as great as I remembered it. Probably not going to replay ME2, just starting ME3 tonight.

Edit: Mastershake should keep using the Browns in the playoffs. Not because I think he's an easier opponent, I haven't played him either, but because he's been in the league longer and actually won in the playoffs.

I'd like to think i helped you become the madden player you are today :)

DCX

Nah man, I'm still garbo, but I finally feel like my game is improving. At least towards the tail end of this last season. I guess we will see next season.

You, Wellie, FMT, and Luke have all helped me out with shit. Oh and shout outs to bluemax too for helping me with some roster issues I didn't realize I had!

Not to mention, I also get to play Luke, Smokey, and Fr33nix multiple times each year, so that helps a ton.

:( I think you took anything negative I said in the wrong way dude. The only person I actually put down is Sanjuro!

I only won 3 games in season 1 of this franchise so I'm not really in a spot to mock anyone.

It's all good man... just fuckin with you a bit

I had to after your "lulz why would people need to go for it on 4th against the jags? Don't they always get blown out?" - paraphrasing of course :)

Doesn't look like much? Think again! I'm not even on the radar in the league so I take any slight, no matter how small, and it goes on the whiteboard!

Finished ME1 last night and it was as great as I remembered it. Probably not going to replay ME2, just starting ME3 tonight.

I finished ME1 on Sunday and I agree... every bit as great as I remember. The game is certainly flawed in parts but the good so far outweighs the bad its not even an issue for me. Talking to sovereign and the Prothean VI Virgil were about as good as it gets. The story is amazing

As for me staying as the Browns... I'll keep playing them if the Shadow council okays it. Me and Crow have never played but he can scout me if he wants so it's not like I am a complete unknown.

TheCrow

mastershake said:
I finished ME1 on Sunday and I agree... every bit as great as I remember. The game is certainly flawed in parts but the good so far outweighs the bad its not even an issue for me. Talking to sovereign and the Prothean VI Virgil were about as good as it gets. The story is amazing

Yes, I had completely forgotten about that scene and the Reapers are great. Even the Mako gameplay wasn't as bad as everyone makes it out to but it probably helped that I didn't use it anymore than I had to. I hope that the best ending in ME3 is about the Reapers barely losing. We all know they won't win but Shepard shouldn't find some "hidden" weakness that allows them to take out the Reapers easily.

LukeSmith

Yes, I had completely forgotten about that scene and the Reapers are great. Even the Mako gameplay wasn't as bad as everyone makes it out to but it probably helped that I didn't use it anymore than I had to. I hope that the best ending in ME3 is about the Reapers barely losing. We all know they won't win but Shepard shouldn't find some "hidden" weakness that allows them to take out the Reapers easily.

I hope Shepherd grows wings and becomes some kind of deity and smites the reapers with prayer

Ramirez

Edit: Mastershake should keep using the Browns in the playoffs. Not because I think he's an easier opponent, I haven't played him either, but because he's been in the league longer and actually won in the playoffs.

You can't give a guy a team then take it away from him because we let the Browns make it into the playoffs.

If the Patriots get Wallace I'm going to be seriously ill.

bluemax

Banned
Why do people hate mass effect 2? I'm a couple hours in and it's really good

Because there isn't a lot of story. The pretty much amounts to:

Shepard is dead.
Shitty planet scanning mini game.
Shepard is not dead.
Shepard recruits the Magnificent Seven.
Suicide Mission.

TO BE CONTINUED!

I don't hate it, ME2 is a good game, but it's just not want I wanted from a sequel. I wanted more RPG elements not less.

Yeah Bioware's solution to all the bad design elements from ME1 was to just remove them in ME2.

Did he even play a single game in the regular season?

He clinched the wildcard spot for them in the 2 games he played and is taking them over for next season. Imo only Striker has more of a claim to them. Sorry but Shake blew his chance at making the playoffs, just like I did.

TheCrow

He clinched the wildcard spot for them in the 2 games he played and is taking them over for next season. Imo only Striker has more of a claim to them. Sorry but Shake blew his chance at making the playoffs, just like I did.
I was under the impression that DCX or another sub did that but if it was him then he should play. Sorry mastershake, maybe we'll play next season.

Mrbob

Why do people hate mass effect 2? I'm a couple hours in and it's really good

More focus on action, and less focus on being an rpg. The characters were ok, and the illusive man brought something to the table, but i thought the overall story kind of sucked. Too much of a retread, go find a new crew again to prepare for the final battle!

Oh, I was under the impression that the news browns owner didn't play a single game yet. If he finished out the season he deserves to continue to play them in the playoffs.

My bad, new guy... I wasn't trying to steal your team!

Splat

gg AT, I couldn't get anything going on offense. I wish the rules would have let me go for that 4th and 3 though :-/

Pretty sweet game though, nice tying score on 4th down, nice stop on me on offense, I have no goddamn idea why I threw that ball, I saw you all over it :(

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
gg AT, I couldn't get anything going on offense. I wish the rules would have let me go for that 4th and 3 though :-/

Pretty sweet game though, nice tying score on 4th down, nice stop on me on offense, I have no goddamn idea why I threw that ball, I saw you all over it :(

4th down rules are subjective. you should've went for it

BigAT

GG. I felt like I was playing well in the game aside from two really stupid passes (the first one especially) that basically gave you 14 points straight up. I did feel pretty decent that I was still in the game despite forcing 0 turnovers and being -4 on TO differential. Thankfully I managed to get my first one when it mattered. That was indeed a bad pass, but I would like to think the blitz I called forced it. You would have taken a really bad sack if you didn't get rid of it. Elite with a big 20 yard scramble to set up the game winning field goal.

It was weird going into a game not knowing my opponent's tendencies. I can't remember the last time that happened, let alone in a playoff game. You did a great job with Cooper Fitzgerald, tons of pressure all game. You got a sack on me almost instantly once on a 3-step drop that wasn't even a blitz. Best rookie DT in the league (shots fired Bob).

DCX

DCX
Is this what you tried the one season you made them?

I made it twice and ask Wellie and CB how it went.

2-2

Beat Wellie in OT, and CB by one TD or so. I went on to lose to At and his cheeseball Packers and i think Levious/Somnia and the Cowboys, who took over for that L Running dude.

DCX

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.

2-2

Beat Wellie in OT, and CB by one TD or so. I went on to lose to At and his cheeseball Packers and i think Levious/Somnia and the Cowboys, who took over for that L Running dude.

DCX

wasn't me, I only made playoffs once and beat wellie then lost to DM.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker

2-2

DCX

Things that happened in the 1-5-5 era dont apply. Sorry. Its not a coincidence those two things overlapped.

DCX

DCX
Things that happened in the 1-5-5 era dont apply. Sorry. Its not a coincidence those two things overlapped.

the 1-5-5 era didn't last an entire season. i started 4-1 losing to Wellie first game of that season and Dm and Rors in back to back weeks exposed it with tosses and screens all game.
Q beat me for the first time ever that season with 14 tosses and like 4-6 in a row in one drive.

The experiment died and i made trades for DEs that off season. Robert Mathis and Osi i believe.

1-5-5 never made it to the playoffs. Nice try though.

DCX

DCX

DCX
oh it made it to the playoffs. i remember vividly.

a shell of what it was, or the beginnings of what it became. I remember trying it out late one season and trying to make it my base for the next season and failing by game 6,7 when people prolly went to the lab.

After that i ran some instances of it in certain situations. Still do to this day but these days i run a hybrid 3-4,4-3 and 4-6 at times.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
There's only one defensive philosophy to follow, whether you guys think I'm exploiting the game or not (protip - I'm not):

Buddy Ryan once said in an interview (while he was with the Chicago Bears), "to stop a passing game you had to put pressure on it, some teams are good enough do it with a three man rush, but we're not, in fact I don't know if we can do it with a four man rush, if we need to send eight we'll send eight but we're not going to let you sit back there and pick us apart all day."

I do remember being that first guy to beat you that year with the 1-5-5, but I don't remember how I did it. I think I focused on heavy running and didn't toss as much (because I still don't get how tosses would beat it. The formation is based on getting speed on the field)

One shortcoming of Madden IMO is an overall fatigue factor or a morale meter. I always like it for my team to just be able to beat the shit out of the other on both sides of the ball. It should mean something as the game goes on, but Madden doesn't account for it. That playoff game where Plaxico ate up Al Harris comes to mind. God that was glorious.

levious

was Luke exaggerating how much you rely on pulling a DT or DE out in contain to screw up the protection AI? That's the only thing that seemed a little lame.

TheCrow

One thing I noticed when I started running blitzes in the last game of the season was that reblitzing the dline really did help. My dline got a bigger push and the extra lbs/safeties were in the backfield quicker.

levious

yeah, I always thought it must mean something when you do that and the red line is shaped differently from the initial call.

Top Bottom