• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

DCX

DCX
One thing I noticed when I started running blitzes in the last game of the season was that reblitzing the dline really did help. My dline got a bigger push and the extra lbs/safeties were in the backfield quicker.

I read about re blitzing all the time, what does that mean? assigning a blitzing player to " blitz " manually through a hot call?

DCX

turbopenguin

Neo Member
thanks for letting me take the browns back guys. I know I only played two games, but i'm really looking forward to next season with people who actually play!

If someone could throw me an invite into the franchise that'd be great. I tried searching for it and joining but it says i'm banned :-/ I don't want to hold ya'll up or anything.

gt is turbopenguinman btw

LiveWire

There's only one defensive philosophy to follow, whether you guys think I'm exploiting the game or not (protip - I'm not):

(Buddy Ryan quote)

One shortcoming of Madden IMO is an overall fatigue factor or a morale meter. I always like it for my team to just be able to beat the shit out of the other on both sides of the ball. It should mean something as the game goes on, but Madden doesn't account for it. That playoff game where Plaxico ate up Al Harris comes to mind. God that was glorious.

Yea I agree. Just like Al Davis said, in the first 15 minutes the opposing team's QB has to go down and go down hard. I'm sure the NFL requested that EA make the camera pan up a little to make it near impossible to late hit the QB. I'd gladly take the 15 yard penalty (and even suspension for the player on my roster making the hit) to take out some team's QBs. >:D

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
was Luke exaggerating how much you rely on pulling a DT or DE out in contain to screw up the protection AI? That's the only thing that seemed a little lame.

It's easy to tell he was talking out of his ass. If I put a DT in contain I would never in a million years have a top 5 run D, something I've had every season.

All I do is shift the line, that's it. No trickeration needed.

McNei1y

Dammit! I bought ME3 but I told myself that I will finish my second playthrough of ME2 before I play it. I bought The Shadowbroker and the Arrival DLC so if I don't play it it'd seem like a waste.

Also, I have so much freaking work this week so it sucks even more.

LukeSmith

wySeN.gif

"What are games Livewire buys and plays for three nights?"

McNei1y

I read about re blitzing all the time, what does that mean? assigning a blitzing player to " blitz " manually through a hot call?

DCX

Yeah, it's highlighting each lineman and blitzing them by pressing down on the dpad.

I tried this a couple of times and it seems that the linemen get up from a 3 or 4 point stance and go to a more athletic stance like LB's in 1-5-5.

Mrbob

Poor Birdie. His Saints team is going to suck next year. Not only do they have cap and free agency problems, but with this bounty scandal getting worse I believe Goodell is going to drop the hammer down.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
It's easy to tell he was talking out of his ass. If I put a DT in contain I would never in a million years have a top 5 run D, something I've had every season.

All I do is shift the line, that's it. No trickeration needed.

cool bud, I still believe in you!

Yes, I had completely forgotten about that scene and the Reapers are great. Even the Mako gameplay wasn't as bad as everyone makes it out to but it probably helped that I didn't use it anymore than I had to. I hope that the best ending in ME3 is about the Reapers barely losing. We all know they won't win but Shepard shouldn't find some "hidden" weakness that allows them to take out the Reapers easily.

I really dont get the mako hate. It controls fine 90% of the time. The 10% it doesn't can be pretty frustrating i guess.

If Bioware goes with the whole hidden weakness angle i'll be pissed. I wish they had written multiple endings and one was with the Reapers winning!

Dammit! I bought ME3 but I told myself that I will finish my second playthrough of ME2 before I play it. I bought The Shadowbroker and the Arrival DLC so if I don't play it it'd seem like a waste.

Also, I have so much freaking work this week so it sucks even more.

Same here. I picked up my copy of ME3 from gamestop on the way home from work. This should be a good test of my will power. I figure i can power through ME2 in 10-15 hours so I'm going to try to get that done by friday night so saturday/sunday can be ME3 time!

Also, can we all agree to spoiler tag ME3 stuff in here? Seems a lot of people are going to get it and not all of us are starting tonight

Birdman02

Poor Birdie. His Saints team is going to suck next year. Not only do they have cap and free agency problems, but with this bounty scandal getting worse I believe Goodell is going to drop the hammer down.

I'll still have Brees and Vilma!! The rest of the team will probably be terrible.

Mrbob

You guys should blow through ME2 on casual. My ME2 save file worked flawlessly as a carry over (didn't realize I had about 50 hours into ME2), and the importation screen listed many of my major choices from the first two games. My saving of the Rachni Queen in ME1 better come up big in ME3!

Plus my characters started at level 30 like true bosses (thanks to my maxed out ME2 femshep) so I could customize the heck out of everyone right away! We are bringing the pain to all enemies off the bat!

I've been very happy with the start of ME3 in my two of play time. No spoilers here, just to say recruitment is over and the war is on!

eznark

Banned
I really dont get the mako hate. It controls fine 90% of the time. The 10% it doesn't can be pretty frustrating i guess.

If Bioware goes with the whole hidden weakness angle i'll be pissed. I wish they had written multiple endings and one was with the Reapers winning!

Same here. I picked up my copy of ME3 from gamestop on the way home from work. This should be a good test of my will power. I figure i can power through ME2 in 10-15 hours so I'm going to try to get that done by friday night so saturday/sunday can be ME3 time!

Also, can we all agree to spoiler tag ME3 stuff in here? Seems a lot of people are going to get it and not all of us are starting tonight

Harry Potter dies.

So does Your favorite ME character.

Ramirez

So, there's no chance this advances before Thursday right?

Also talks of a huge trade going down depending on retirements at the end of the year!

OH, and Colasante, Tillman is on the trading block next year.

Somnia

Sorry Bird, we'll have to enforce the year long suspensions and draft forfeits! You can win with a college team + brees I have faith!

TheCrow

thanks for letting me take the browns back guys. I know I only played two games, but i'm really looking forward to next season with people who actually play!

If someone could throw me an invite into the franchise that'd be great. I tried searching for it and joining but it says i'm banned :-/ I don't want to hold ya'll up or anything.

gt is turbopenguinman btw
Let me know when you can play. Tomorrow I'll be free after 9pm maybe earlier and on Thursday I can go after 5pm.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Playing Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer makes me wonder why i didnt play ODST multiplayer more. Especially with gaf people. that shit was fun. Me and Luke and Lonestar tore it up a few times

Smokey

Well...I played ME2 for 7.5 hours after work yesterday. Epic session wtf i'm running on 4 hours of sleep. Save file is at 31 hours right now...i've got all of my squad members and i think i have 3 loyalty missions left. Did the majority of them yesterday.

Maybe it's because I'm doing DLC (except for Arrival..saving for last), loyalty missions, and scanning the planets but I had no idea ME2 was this big of a game.

Smokey

Fell way below my expectations. 12v12 on these huge maps was so boring the majority of the time.I'm sure it's a completely different game on PC, but on consoles, what a let down. I loved BC2 to death, so I was surprised really...

bf3 on consoles is lool

man up and play the game the way it should be...even if it has to be on low settings on pc.
im sure that's gotta be better quality than 360

McNei1y

Well...I played ME2 for 7.5 hours after work yesterday. Epic session wtf i'm running on 4 hours of sleep. Save file is at 31 hours right now...i've got all of my squad members and i think i have 3 loyalty missions left. Did the majority of them yesterday.

Maybe it's because I'm doing DLC (except for Arrival..saving for last), loyalty missions, and scanning the planets but I had no idea ME2 was this big of a game.

Yeah man I'm doing the same thing. I played for about 10 hours total this past weekend and I only completed: 7 loyalty missions (didn't get to Tali's or Legion's yet), some Firewalker missions, and a few scanning planet missions.

I still have: The Shadow Broker, The Arrival, Tali's Loyalty, Getting Legion, Legion's Loyalty, and 2 other Collector missions before I can even think about playing ME3. I NEED to finish the DLC though or else it'd all be for nothing.

bf3 on consoles is lool

man up and play the game the way it should be...even if it has to be on low settings on pc.
im sure that's gotta be better quality than 360

Yeah, this. BF3 on the CPU is soooooooooooo freaking good.

Smokey

Yeah man I'm doing the same thing. I played for about 10 hours total this past weekend and I only completed: 7 loyalty missions (didn't get to Tali's or Legion's yet), some Firewalker missions, and a few scanning planet missions.

I still have: The Shadow Broker, The Arrival, Tali's Loyalty, Getting Legion, Legion's Loyalty, and 2 other Collector missions before I can even think about playing ME3. I NEED to finish the DLC though or else it'd all be for nothing.

I have loyalty missions left for Jack, Jacob, some asari who's name starts with a S. Tali's was pretty messed up.

Who is Legion? Did you just spoil something for me?!

Wait..is legion that "thing" that I got from that R. ship

TheCrow

He said he had all the squad members so it was his fault. :p Legion is great though, I think I ran with him and Grunt/Wrex-replacement.

McNei1y

He said he had all the squad members so it was his fault. :p Legion is great though, I think I ran with him and Grunt/Wrex-replacement.

What class were you?

As an Infiltrator, I run with Garrus and Thane/Miranda... but damn Garrus can be a huge bitch sometimes.
As a biotic I did Grunt/Wrex with Garrus/Thane

Smokey

Well I thought i had everybody until I remembered there was one open slot still on the squad select screen. Oh well, at least i know his/her/its name thnks guys

Wrex got shot up in my ME1 playthorugh so he's unavailable!
unless he is wrex reincarnated

grunt is a boss tho..ive been feeling the shepard/tali/grunt combo

TheCrow

What class were you?

As an Infiltrator, I run with Garrus and Thane/Miranda... but damn Garrus can be a huge bitch sometimes.
As a biotic I did Grunt/Wrex with Garrus/Thane
On the save that I'll be continuing I don't even remember, maybe soldier but I hope not. On my second playthrough of ME1 I played a vanguard and that was fun. I might switch to vanguard in ME3 or maybe the class that can open all those containers. That way I don't have to take Garrus or worry about team dynamics and just bring along who I like.

wtf, smokey. How could you kill Wrex. He's the best character in the entire series.

McNei1y

Well I thought i had everybody until I remembered there was one open slot still on the squad select screen. Oh well, at least i know his/her/its name thnks guys

Wrex got shot up in my ME1 playthorugh so he's unavailable!
unless he is wrex reincarnated

grunt is a boss tho..ive been feeling the shepard/tali/grunt combo

I couldn't ever get into it with a Tech squadmate. I don't know why.

On the save that I'll be continuing I don't even remember, maybe soldier but I hope not. On my second playthrough of ME1 I played a vanguard and that was fun. I might switch to vanguard in ME3 or maybe the class that can open all those containers. That way I don't have to take Garrus or worry about team dynamics and just bring along who I like.

wtf, smokey. How could you kill Wrex. He's the best character in the entire series.

What sucks is that I didn't continue my ME1 file onto ME2. I had a really crappy character. In that one, though, I had Ashley live and Wrex live... I just didn't want to play it though. At least I'm continuing my ME2 save, right guys!?!

Smokey

As Shepard would say..."I did what I had to do"

TheCrow

What sucks is that I didn't continue my ME1 file onto ME2. I had a really crappy character. In that one, though, I had Ashley live and Wrex live... I just didn't want to play it though. At least I'm continuing my ME2 save, right guys!?!
Is Wrex not alive if you don't have a ME1 save? At least you got to avoid that horrible conversation with Ashley where she bitches about you not contacting her even though you were busy being dead.

Top Bottom