• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

Ramirez

I personally don't remember him pump faking at all in our game. I DO hate how most people with mobile QBs immediately roll out on most plays regardless if they're actually getting pressured or not. The spy just sits there and derps for 5 minutes, and I guess a spy isn't supposed to to break on them until they actually try to run, but it doesn't really work like that in vidyagames.

I'm up to play the winner tonight if you guys are up for it. Probably wouldn't be free until 11 EST or so.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I personally don't remember him pump faking at all in our game. I DO hate how most people with mobile QBs immediately roll out on most plays regardless if they're actually getting pressured or not. The spy just sits there and derps for 5 minutes, and I guess a spy isn't supposed to to break on them until they actually try to run, but it doesn't really work like that in vidyagames.
Something i usually dont do!

Although if the pressure is getting there all game ill probably have happy feet by the 4th quarter.

Your looking for CK/Smokey

You mean a pump fake has an effect on zone coverage guys!? I dont believe it! Next thing your gonna tell me that draw plays have an effect on linebackers!

Of course it should have an effect. Thats what its meant to do. ESPECIALLY manual D zone coverage like yours.

yeah i see this all the time in the nfl. mike vick back to pass.... pump fakes.... pump fakes again.... pump fakes again.... pump fakes again! and now he's going to run! but wait, the defender in zone is no longer moving leaving someone wide open for the touchdown! what an incredible display of mind powers by mike vick!

CB3

yeah i see this all the time in the nfl. mike vick back to pass.... pump fakes.... pump fakes again.... pump fakes again.... pump fakes again! and now he's going to run! but wait, the defender in zone is no longer moving leaving someone wide open for the touchdown! what an incredible display of mind powers by mike vick!

I highly doubt i pump faked more than 1 on any given play.

And by the way if I DID have the time to pump fake multiple times in a single play, that means you rushed 3 or 4 and can do whatever i want because i have that time to do so in the pocket. Eat it.

Ive rocked you the past 5 or so times we've played because you suck at user controlling the defense, because you have no offense to speak of, and because ive stopped ramming my head into your LB core and getting 1 yard a carry and fumbling 3 times a game.

I have 2 90+ rated WR's, another WR that plays like he is rated in the 90's, a 89 rated TE, and one of the best pass catching HB's in the game. Someone is going to get open

I highly doubt i pump faked more than 1 on any given play.

And by the way if I DID have the time to pump fake multiple times in a single play, that means you rushed 3 or 4 and can do whatever i want because i have that time to do so in the pocket. Eat it.

Ive rocked you the past 5 or so times we've played because you suck at user controlling the defense, because you have no offense to speak of, and because ive stopped ramming my head into your LB core and getting 1 yard a carry and fumbling 3 times a game.

i'm 3-3 against you in madden 12 bruh :D

it's just in the past 3 games you've unleashed your inner vick cheese. vick coupled with fast WR's in the game is a difficult proposition. all you have to do is send your slot receiver deep, one of your other fast wr's underneath and just scramble around and one will eventually get open

CB3

Guess what. Vick with 3 good WR's is an issue in real life too. Just like your defense is an issue in real life and in madden. i adapted. you can too

BigAT

I wish my players would at least pretend to try to tackle Vick. A Daria-like effort would be appreciated at this point.

Ramirez

lol@ this constant posting while playing...

Looking like the SB will be the battle of Pennsylvania.

AT with the score 21-14, CB.

CB3

AT put up quite a fight. His dudes dropped a pick or two which will sting. Im usually on the other side of that so i know the feeling. GG

Lets see if i can not screw up this superbowl appearance like the other ones

BigAT

AT put up quite a fight. His dudes dropped a pick or two which will sting. Im usually on the other side of that so i know the feeling. GG

Lets see if i can not screw up this superbowl appearance like the other ones

GG and GL. Like you said, 0 INTs for my team despite a couple of opportunities, which would have really helped. The real gamechanger was the fumble and subsequent TD right before the half. I really wish there was a "take sack/secure ball" button. It's frustrating that there is absolutely nothing you can do, no matter how far in advance you see a sack coming.

CB3

GG and GL. Like you said, 0 INTs for my team despite a couple of opportunities, which would have really helped. The real gamechanger was the fumble and subsequent TD right before the half. I really wish there was a "take sack/secure ball" button. It's frustrating that there is absolutely nothing you can do, no matter how far in advance you see a sack coming.

Yeah especially on screens. i had that play read pre snap so i user controlled the guy who was gonna take your RB and fought through the linemen. I did the same thing against FMT but he squirmed his way out of it. I didnt wanna let that happen again

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I really wish there was a "take sack/secure ball" button. It's frustrating that there is absolutely nothing you can do, no matter how far in advance you see a sack coming.

if you have time you could hold right trigger and up on right stick, trucking is technically supposed to cover up as well, not sure what would be better.

Mrbob

same as it ever was indeed, vick is the cheesiest QB in the game. all you do is snap it, pump fake (which gets defenders in zone to stop so your guys can continue on their routes!), and if no one is open just scramble out since no one can catch vick. i think between your slot wr and your RB you had 90% of your yards

Says the guy who did the same thing against me in our playoff game with Michael Kap in key 3rd down situations! Karma struck you hard!

Btw this is a random AIM quote I found!

******* 8:58 pm
wow so its steelers versus eagles. The two biggest BS madden teams face each other
who will madden god root for
who did donny overrate more
we shall see soon!

CB3

Says the guy who did the same thing against me in our playoff game with Michael Kap in key 3rd down situations! Karma struck you hard!

Shhh.... Its a secret that Kaepernick has 220 more rushing yards and 4 more TD's than Vick. We're not supposed to know that when FMT is complaining about QB cheese!

Oh and triple the yardage after first hit and 4 more runs of 20+. Lol

Michael Vick has an effect on this game.. he breaks it.

nah, he isn't that bad

Something i usually dont do!

The few times I have played you, I don't think you scrambled once. You usually stick in the pocket and make the throws

Kap's scrambling broke my spirit to play this game. I hope Amazon likes my copy!

CB3

I messaged ram but he didnt answer. its like he waited for the final of my game then left.

LukeSmith

How can it be construed as shit talk when it's a fact?

Speaking of bad shit talk, that was a double shocker by you

TAQUITO_CHIHUAHUA.jpg

Down boy

LukeSmith

You forgot to include asking how many times you plan on running crossing routes with your tight ends

Nah, they rarely cross. They do flood zones though, since most people play zones in this league.

Keep yipping, tho - I don't get to swat you with the newspaper again till next season.

Nah, they rarely cross. They do flood zones though, since most people play zones in this league.

Keep yipping, tho - I don't get to swat you with the newspaper again till next season.

you won't have any newspapers to swat with after I tear them up and shit in your cheerios

Contracts are gonna be set to 0 before free agency starts this time correct?

i don't remember what order we did it in last time that messed things up a bit :/

we should probably start FA soon.... maybe we could do FA period from tomorrow through sunday, then the draft is on sunday and the next season starts after

Top Bottom