• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
The eagles would like to announce their new starting free safety for the upcoming season

charles-woodson.jpg

Sokantish

So since this is my first time doing this I'm kinda lost. I go to that myleaguemanager site and go to the contract year players and I need to resign all of them? If I want them, I guess. That might be a problem because I only have 4mil to spend.

eznark

Banned
If its in the menu in the Madden online franchise thing and you're the packers it says Takeo Spikes and Clifton retired

Clearly I don't have my 360 with me or I wouldn't be worried about missing the draft.

I forget when did I get rid of Woodson?

Holy shit I was able to resign every player I wanted. That ARod deal was the best ever!

I'm really glad Dhani Jones didn't retire, guy's been solid and I have to let Dansby go. Wonder what he goes for in FA, I feel like he is better than his old man ratings. His stats definitely are.

So since this is my first time doing this I'm kinda lost. I go to that myleaguemanager site and go to the contract year players and I need to resign all of them? If I want them, I guess. That might be a problem because I only have 4mil to spend.

Remember, you need about 10 mil to sign rookies.

eznark

Banned
once you get it loaded it should work I think. It is problematic though.

Loaded fine for me, maybe there's compatibility issues, sorry.

look up madden 11 franchise companion, it's free now (used to be 10) and I think it actually supports madden 12.

Im not seeing it in the app store.

Oh man, it's finally the year I break out Trevor Lewandowski. Been looking forward to this.

95 Speed
97 Acceleration
95 Elusiveness
92 Spin Move
90 Juke Move
99 Agility
80 Catching
89 Jumping

It's a young white Reggie Bush!

Toughness 61

LiveWire

Today the Washington Redskins announced a number of changes to their roster, continuing their efforts to build a core of young talent.

HB Steve Slaton, LG Maurice Hurt, K Graham Gano, MLB Stephen Cooper, QB Peter Tanico, FB Darrel Young, C Eric Cook, CB Leigh Bodden and WR Terrence Austin were released. Longtime Redskin and fan favorite Santana Moss was also let go.

The team could not come to terms on a new long-term deal with CB Josh Wilson and declined to use the franchise tag, instead allowing him to test free agency.

Key re-signings:

ROLB Brian Orakpo 5y $5.3 mil/year ($200k bonus), $5.5 mil guaranteed
MLB Rocky McIntosh 2y $3.7 mil/year ($250k bonus), $3.9 mil guaranteed
TE Chris Cooley 2y $4.1 mil/year ($300k bonus), $4.4 mil guaranteed
K Dave Rayner 1 yr $460k guaranteed
SS DeJon Gomes 5 yr $2.2 mil/year ($250k bonus), $2.5 mil guaranteed

Sokantish

So how many players do we need on our rosters?

Also in the Myleaguemanager contract year players thing it says a lot of these players have 1 year left and the rest say 0, so do I only have to re-sign the ones with 0?

Sorry for all the dumb questions but I don't want to screw this up

McNei1y

The team could not come to terms on a new long-term deal with CB Josh Wilson and declined to use the franchise tag, instead allowing him to test free agency.

I'm on a mission to add another terrapin to my team.

lol Tebow and D. Thomas don't improve at all despite the numbers they put up. At least Champ is still here.

I hate how progression works.

50-55

LiveWire

In the real NFL it's 53, with 45 active on gameday, and of the remaining 8 one guy is designated as the emergency QB. Each NFL team also has a practice squad of 8 guys. For our league I think the minimum was set at 50 players, maximum at 55? FMT/Luke correct me if I'm wrong.

LiveWire

I'm on a mission to add another terrapin to my team.

Please do, I'd rather see him go to a Skins fan. Just couldn't fit him in thanks to not being able to restructure Trent Williams/Stephen Bowen/Barry Cofield's ridiculous contracts.

BTW it's hilarious how we let a team with 38 players worth $130 million win 2 SuperBowls (and appear in 3 straight), when the rest of us are struggling to put together 50+ players with the same amount of money. Lessons learned for next season I guess. smh

Ramirez

Due to terrible team management, the Steelers have had to let go of two superstars today.

The Steelers have traded Ben Roethlisberger to the Giants for Eli Manning, saving them about 9 mil in cap space this season. The Steelers have also traded Lamarr Woodley to the Falcons for Sean Weatherspoon and the Falcons 2nd round draft pick, saving about another 9 mil in cap space.

The Steelers are not done with their rebuilding process, as they are still trying to find a team for Ike Taylor, and are considering offers on Head & Shoulders pitch man Troy P.

Livewire, you mention not being able to restructure your contracts, ever think that hinders anyone else? How about having to pay Antonio Brown the same amount as Mike Wallace, despite their being a 10 point OVR difference in their ratings? Should I have just cut my entire team because they were all asking for unrealistic numbers?

I'm gutting my team this season, and I guarantee I'll still have a better record than you. You got Peyton Manning and still sucked, I could give you my exact team of 38 players and you'd probably still struggle to crack .500.

Due to terrible team management, the Steelers have had to let go of two superstars today.

The Steelers have traded Ben Roethlisberger to the Giants for Eli Manning, saving them about 9 mil in cap space this season. The Steelers have also traded Lamarr Woodley to the Falcons for Sean Weatherspoon and the Falcons 2nd round draft pick, saving about another 9 mil in cap space.

The Steelers are not done with their rebuilding process, as they are still trying to find a team for Ike Taylor, and are considering offers on Head & Shoulders pitch man Troy P.

Who approved these trades!

Yes, FA is locked until after the bidding period

McNei1y

You want AP? Give me Troy P. and Mendenhall lololol

Smokey

hey guys yesterday twinhead told me the texans were overrated

potentially the most ironic statement in this franchise

Ramirez

Who approved these trades!

Yes, FA is locked until after the bidding period

Everyone! No, actually I completely forgot about it. They were pretty basic trades though, not like I was offering my backup LBs for Fitz. :p

Does anyone have a problem with those trades? If I can't trade them, then I just have to cut them I guess. I'm trying to do this in a legit manner instead of just cutting everyone with no penalty like you suggested.

You want AP? Give me Troy P. and Mendenhall lololol

I would do this.

hey guys yesterday twinhead told me the texans were overrated

potentially the most ironic statement in this franchise

I don't talk to teams who don't make the playoffs, so you must have me mistaken with someone else.

Anyone want TE Anthony Fasano 2 years @ 4M (83)?
Highest pick offered gets him

The Miami Dolphins are open to all types of trades, trying to free up some cap space.

McNei1y

Makes it almost impossible to build a great team by playing well. And it's not like they are C potential but I guess I'm asking for too much. :/

I totally agree. They haven't touched it in three years (who am I kidding, they havent touched anything OF). I remember in Madden 10, I had a 65 rated MLB with B potential absolutely TEAR it up. He had around 11 ints and 6 sacks or something. He didn't go up at all and he was 22 years old. It should factor in stats, dammit.

LiveWire

Livewire, you mention not being able to restructure your contracts, ever think that hinders anyone else? How about having to pay Antonio Brown the same amount as Mike Wallace, despite their being a 10 point OVR difference in their ratings? Should I have just cut my entire team because they were all asking for unrealistic numbers?

I'm gutting my team this season, and I guarantee I'll still have a better record than you. You got Peyton Manning and still sucked, I could give you my exact team of 38 players and you'd probably still struggle to crack .500.

None of my players have ever been nor ever will be as overrated/powerful as players on the Steelers D (except maybe LaRon Landry).

Apparently restructuring didn't hinder everyone else: BigAT signing Eli to a ridiculously cheap deal is one example. You could have cut certain players and taken cap penalties that may have hurt in one season but over 3 would've freed up a ton of money for you to keep the real core talent that you needed. Or you could have traded talent for cap relief (like others did), or simply let them walk in free agency (like others did). As far as I can tell from having 38 players taking up 99% of the league mandated salary cap, you didn't make any effort at all.

TheCrow

None of my players have ever been nor ever will be as overrated/powerful as players on the Steelers D (except maybe LaRon Landry).

Apparently restructuring didn't hinder everyone else: BigAT signing Eli to a ridiculously cheap deal is one example. You could have cut certain players and taken cap penalties that may have hurt in one season but over 3 would've freed up a ton of money for you to keep the real core talent that you needed. Or you could have traded talent for cap relief (like others did), or simply let them walk in free agency (like others did). As far as I can tell from having 38 players taking up 99% of the league mandated salary cap, you didn't make any effort at all.

But he was forced to take on all those contracts by the real Steelers. It's not like he had 3 offseasons to adjust.

LiveWire

Makes it almost impossible to build a great team by playing well. And it's not like they are C potential but I guess I'm asking for too much. :/

Yea it seems so hit or miss sometimes. Anthony Armstrong went from mid 70s in Season 1 to 87 this season, through a long process of taking over as #1 from Santana Moss and having great stats. Yet Cobie Ross had average/below-average stats for a RB and after 2 seasons is now 96. Both guys are A POT.

LiveWire

But he was forced to take on all those contracts by the real Steelers. It's not like he had 3 offseasons to adjust.

This is why I pointed out Trent Williams, Stephen Bowen and Barry Cofield. Three real-life Bruce Allen/Mike Shanahan signings that I had to deal with... I bitch about them, but I dealt with it, and lost a solid #2 CB (maybe even #1 on some teams). I also can't restructure Peyton's contract of $19 million this season, though in the real NFL it could easily be restructured. Again, I'm dealing with it. Ramirez hasn't. But I guess that's OK cause he's elite on the sticks and I suck! :jnc

LukeSmith

INCARCERATEDLUKE
League officials have reportedly uncovered salary tampering in Atlanta. According to a source close to the league punishments will consist of a cap penalty and ridicule.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
INCARCERATEDLUKE
League officials have reportedly uncovered salary tampering in Atlanta. According to a source close to the league punishments will consist of a cap penalty and ridicule.

This is probably the biggest bummer since it was a blatant move to cheat

Top Bottom