• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

Ramirez

here is what happened:

DCX adjusted contracts on his players to create an additional $7 million in cap space. so instead of $25 mil, he had $32 mil. then he felt guilty about it and talked to luke. and so here we are!

See what happens when you're stuck with 3 contracts that differ from like only a 100K dollars?!

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
so we should all get to decide who he picks in the first two rounds right?

whoa, that top rated RE is pretty disappointing.

LukeSmith

so we should all get to decide who he picks in the first two rounds right?

He technically didn't get to hurt anyone.

He is contrite and feels bad (so does Gregg Williams).

For starters we're going to be removing his admin privs from LM, I feel like there's some expectation from everyone that the LM admins play it straight.

Beyond that, we gotta figure out what's fair here. Some suggestions have included:

Voiding the contracts of all players involved and release them to FA
Take his 3rd rounder and 3.5M in cap penalties a year for this year and the next (he attempted to save 7M)

We don't have good ways of revoking draft picks or nixing Franchise Tags (I want to make a spreadsheet next year [Madden13] that calculates franchise tags per position)

well, in light of these new events, there should be stiff punishment. my first suggestion is to veto the steelers/falcons trade. i know ramirez shouldn't be hurt from this but come on, lets be realistic and say there are plenty of people who would be interested in Woodley. he wont have any problem moving woodley.

beyond that, i would say a cap penalty of $7 mil (which is what he tried to get) and the loss of a draft pick. not sure which pick yet though. what do you bro's think?

levious

a 1st, that's the only penalty that would actually hurt in this game.

Oh, unless it's a combo of a lower pick and voiding those contracts. But a first is big, simple, and making him select Mr Irrelevant in the first round would make it a bit comical.

On second thought, 7M and a first sounds good. Pretty messed up abusing the power. Voiding all the contracts involved sounds pretty awesome too though.

LukeSmith

well, in light of these new events, there should be stiff punishment. my first suggestion is to veto the steelers/falcons trade. i know ramirez shouldn't be hurt from this but come on, lets be realistic and say there are plenty of people who would be interested in Woodley. he wont have any problem moving woodley.

beyond that, i would say a cap penalty of $7 mil (which is what he tried to get) and the loss of a draft pick. not sure which pick yet though. what do you bro's think?

I think letting the trade go through so as to not penalize Ramirez forcing DCX to take on the Woodley $11M contract, he takes a 7M penalty for this season and loses a first and has admin on LM revoked.

Another strong suggestion was to release all players involved in the tampering to FA. That list is currently sealed by league offices

Harsh, but in salary cap world, option 1 is harsher.

Smokey

7 mill and a first rounder

a 1st, that's the only penalty that would actually hurt in this game.

Oh, unless it's a combo of a lower pick and voiding those contracts. But a first is big, simple, and making him select Mr Irrelevant in the first round would make it a bit comical.

i found my (now) 86 rated RG and my #2 WR in the 3rd round! this years madden more than others have been very rich in talent all the way through the 3rd round. there have even been some gems in the 4th round to be honest. i actually found a pretty decent situational OLB in the 6th round!

Ramirez

Dang, sorry DCX! We had already sent that trade through on LM, how do we go about undoing that?

With that said, Woodley is on the block, come at me bros!

Well, I guess I'll wait and see what you guys decide for him first. :(

levious

i found my (now) 86 rated RG and my #2 WR in the 3rd round! this years madden more than others have been very rich in talent all the way through the 3rd round. there have even been some gems in the 4th round to be honest. i actually found a pretty decent situational OLB in the 6th round!

but if we only play one or two more years...

TheCrow

As much as I would like more players to spend my money on I think we should give him a cap penalty and take his first. Any other pick isn't a big loss and this will discourage anyone else sad enough to try this.

eznark

Banned
Boot him. That's straight bullshit. I've been calling out you clowns for Collusionary bullshit for years, and here DCX goes and proves that you guys do this shit. It puts every one of you in question!

And FMT then trying to backdoor DCX into voting right? Good Christ. This is so much worse than the NBA. Glad the rest of us can be fillers in your kabuki-esque charade.

LukeSmith

Here's my proposal:
  1. I think we should vote on the trade per usual.
  2. Enforce a 7M cap hit this coming season on the Falcons
  3. Take his first

Smokey

Boot him. That's straight bullshit. I've been calling out you clowns for Collusionary bullshit for years, and here DCX goes and proves that you guys do this shit. It puts every one of you in question!

And FMT then trying to backdoor DCX into voting right? Good Christ. This is so much worse than the NBA. Glad the rest of us can be fillers in your kabuki-esque charade.

e-z comin with #REALTALK

like i said bruh, i was still getting info when i made that post!

Colasante

For the record, I also had a trade in the works with the Falcons, getting me Brent Grimes, and he also had a deal in place with the Chiefs, giving him Brandon Carr. I don't know if Grimes was one of these players with a suspect deal in place, though.

levious

can we also make him wear the worst possible uniform color combination for the duration of the franchise?

eznark

Banned
Clown school. If DCX drafts anything like he trades, taking his first is probably doing him a favor.

WWGD. Goodell would not stand for this. Grow some nuts. If DCX cared about the league enough to cheat each and every one of us, the only real punishment would be to take it from him. Boot him for the rest of this season and permanently revoke any LM (or future equivalents) rights.

He can try again next year. In the meantime, maybe we get someone with an ounce of decency to fill in for him.

Ramirez

I don't think he should be booted from the league for shaving 7 mil off his cap, he's a reliable player, who was just given too much power. :p

Smokey

Clown school. If DCX drafts anything like he trades, taking his first is probably doing him a favor.

WWGD. Goodell would not stand for this. Grow some nuts. If DCX cared about the league enough to cheat each and every one of us, the only real punishment would be to take it from him. Boot him for the rest of this season and permanently revoke any LM (or future equivalents) rights.

He can try again next year. In the meantime, maybe we get someone with an ounce of decency to fill in for him.

it'd be cool if fmt had your balls!

Ferny

This has to be harsher than 7mill and a first. I think the trade does not go through either. It's a person who has admin access who gamed the syatem and got away with it. I feel bad for Ram since the trade went through and all but it has to be reversed. Something more has to be done and i'm leaning towards what ez suggested.

eznark

Banned
I don't think he should be booted from the league for shaving 7 mil off his cap, he's a reliable player, who was just given too much power. :p

I don't either. He should be booted for trying to take advantage of his position and shitting on the rest of the league.

Also, it's not like we're struggling to fill spots.

Somnia

He traded Curtis brown + his first for Flowers, I thought it had got approved, that's my fault then. We already did it in LM, what do we do?

Top Bottom