• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

LukeSmith

I like Carlos, and I fully admit that if this was like Balb or something, we'd probably boot him without thinking about it.

I think it's a safe assumption that DCX will never again be given any kind of power in a MaddenGAF league.

A thing to remember is while DCX did in fact try to cheat, he was caught before any real damage was done, other than the whole "what the fuck are these idiots who are supposedly running this shit" trust crush that resulted from it.

I don't think we should remove him from the league, he adds a lot of entertainment, this latest episode is pretty legendary - although, it needs to not happen again.

He is a once-in-a-generation GM, and I don't think we should punt him. We can go harsher than what I suggested, too, but at the end of the day we're all bros just RPing a fantasy NFL league

Smokey

yeah that's the ticket. boot a guy who has been a consistent league member for like 7 years because he tried to skim $7 mil in cap room. that makes sense!

there is a punishment to be had but banning someone from the league isn't it

i like dcx brah

also it looks like the rabbit hole goes deeper than 7 mill

im just sayin! maybe not a boot but a harsh penalty is needed. you know how yall san fran dudes are non confrontational

eznark

Banned
yeah that's the ticket. boot a guy who has been a consistent league member for like 7 years because he tried to skim $7 mil in cap room. that makes sense!

there is a punishment to be had but banning someone from the league isn't it

I'm just saying for one season, not forever.

And what he did isn't the point. It's how he did it. It's kind of embarrassing that he was only imaginative enough to shave 7m. Maybe if he had done something more creative or brash I would have felt more lenient.

But hey, why punish him at all. Make him an admin again so he can sign some more guys onto my team.

i like dcx brah

im just sayin! maybe not a boot but a harsh penalty is needed. you know how yall san fran dudes are non confrontational

that is why we are discussing it. and why does everyone still think i live in san fran!

I'm just saying for one season, not forever.

And what he did isn't the point. It's how he did it. It's kind of embarrassing that he was only imaginative enough to shave 7m. Maybe if he had done something more creative or brash I would have felt more lenient.

But hey, why punish him at all. Make him an admin again so he can sign some more guys onto my team.

i love your ideas! i vote for you as league commish for next season!

Ferny

i like dcx brah

Lulz @ Smokey

Booting is a bit much I think but it does need to be harsher than just what was suggested.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
lulz, no punishment has been decided on but it's a slap on the wrist. thumbs up!

he's probably still reacting to the idea of taking away a third, but that was awhile back. I don't think anyone would call taking a first at minimum a slap on the wrist.

he's probably still reacting to the idea of taking away a third, but that was awhile back. I don't think anyone would call taking a first at minimum a slap on the wrist.

well that is why i brought it up so we could get some discussion going! but leave it to ez to overreact and rabble before he even knows whats going on

eznark

Banned
well that is why i brought it up so we could get some discussion going! but leave it to ez to overreact and rabble before he even knows whats going on

I'm on vacation, I probably won't be here paying attention when the decision is made. Just consider these all preemptive comments.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
admin rights isn't really a penalty though.

7 mil cap penalty
lose players with contracts in question
lose first and second rounders

Mrbob

Lol, holy crap what a scandal. If this were covered by ESPN we would have 24/7 wall to wall coverage!

Btw I cut my backup center who was going to get paid 2.3 million. What exactly is the cap hit for that? 760k?

I approve of all trades too! I want all day out of the division!

LukeSmith

I'm on vacation, I probably won't be here paying attention when the decision is made. Just consider these all preemptive comments.

To your way earlier question. It's been OK being home. Docs don't really know what's going on with her yet, and not knowing is probably the worst part.

TheCrow

IGpDv.jpg

DCX, it's not real man. You're only making it harder on the other hispanics in this league.

Smokey

10 mill cap penalty
forfeit 1st rounder
lose admin rights
QB Suspension of at least 4 games

i believe this is adequate with the number of starting qb games missed being variable but this framework seems fair to me

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Nothing like a new Free safety and a scandal to get me out of my superbowl slump in record time

Ramirez

New possible trade for Woodley...

Steelers get:

Brooks Reed (79 OVR LOLB)
Texans 1st rounder

Texans get:

Lamarr Woodley (96 OVR LOLB)

Since no one has spoke out against the other two trades, I'm assuming they're ok?

LiveWire

why would you have DCX be a voter when he's under investigation? Typical 9er fan, probably still think Carmen Policy was innocent...

Seriously, of all people to be included on trades, I should be, having negotiated the most blockbuster (and fair and balanced) deals in MaddenGAF history.

Seriously, of all people to be included on trades, I should be, having negotiated the most blockbuster (and fair and balanced) deals in MaddenGAF history.

worked out well for you too!

p.s. incase you didn't realize, it's a team from each division and you aren't getting in over cb. sorry bruh!

bluemax

Banned
So since this is my first time doing this I'm kinda lost. I go to that myleaguemanager site and go to the contract year players and I need to resign all of them? If I want them, I guess. That might be a problem because I only have 4mil to spend.

Just the guys with 0 years left. The guys with 1 year left are free agents next season.

Edit holy, what the fuck did I miss?

Mrbob

DCX has cemented himself in Madden GAF history. This scandal will be remembered upon for years to come!

I say take away his first this year and next year on top of other penalties!

Top Bottom