• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

Somnia

We aren't drafting tonight. The draft date has been set already. This always happens, people try and change shit at the last minute.

It is not happening till Sunday.

Good because I wouldn't make it if it wasnt Sunday =)

BTW I just caught up on the thread, I hope everything turns out for the best for you and your family Luke.

Ferny

We aren't drafting tonight. The draft date has been set already. This always happens, people try and change shit at the last minute.

It is not happening till Sunday.

Thank you!

Last season got annoying with different dates and times.

Also I hope it gets better for you and the family Luke. :(

Mrbob

sorry to interupt dcx gate but..

wtf my shepard's face won't import into me3? dealbreaker

Mine imported, but I changed it anyway!

The bigger scandal for Bioware is people paying real money to unlock packs in multi player and not getting access to their content. Bioware always failing lately with bugs.

Ramirez

Anyone know which divisions the NFC North is playing this season?

Hopefully the AFC North, I've been wanting to gang bang Bob for a while.

What's with day 1 DLC for ME3? Guy at Gamestop wouldn't leave me alone about it. I don't really buy any DLC, much less day 1 stuff that should have been in the game to begin with.

Somnia

Hopefully the AFC North, I've been wanting to gang bang Bob for a while.

What's with day 1 DLC for ME3? Guy at Gamestop wouldn't leave me alone about it. I don't really buy any DLC, much less day 1 stuff that should have been in the game to begin with.

It's included in the CE, but it's $10 otherwise. I will say the DLC is worth it despite it being pure shit for being sold day 1 like it is. They answer some really good stuff in it regarding a certain alien race.

Sucks the guy hounded you about it. I will say we sold the shit out of the DLC though, ,like a 75% attach rate on non-ce ME3 sales. DLC is becoming a huge thing to sell at retail, hell 60% of call of duty elites were sold at Gamestop.

Mrbob

Glad to hear the DLC doesn't suck. I picked up the CE so I got it included in the package. I've been hooked on the multi though! Haven't touched single player since day one. My vanguard is level 18 right now, dominating!

Oh and Ramirez let me go record and state I'm going to destroy the entire AFC North this season! My predictions never fail!

LukeSmith

So my imported Shep, with the 90 some hours I've spent playing as her over two games, will in fact, not import correctly?

That seems like a questionable system and a bad way to completely undermine the previous two games.

I'll just keep playing DOTA

Oh and Ramirez let me go record and state I'm going to destroy the entire AFC North this season! My predictions never fail!

You were great against the AFC South until you ran into me. Maybe you'll score some points against the class of the AFC North tho.

Nightz

So when I start my ME2 playthrough, I should just start a new character instead of importing my ME1 character?

Asian Shepard is a sad panda.

Mrbob

All your choices will import. Some people have had problems with the characters faces not importing properly!

In fact ME3 will highlight a bunch of things which you did in the first two games at the character importation screen.

So when I start my ME2 playthrough, I should just start a new character instead of importing my ME1 character?

Asian Shepard is a sad panda.

I'd import your ME1 character. You can always alter the appearance.

bluemax

Banned
League manager contracts are so dumb. Why does a 79 OVR, 29 year old Tight End command the same amount of money as an 86 OVR 27 year old running back?

Nightz

All your choices will import. Some people have had problems with the characters faces not importing properly!

In fact ME3 will highlight a bunch of things which you did in the first two games at the character importation screen.

I'd import your ME1 character. You can always alter the appearance.

Oh ok. Then again it's been years since I played ME1 so I don't even remember any of the choices I made.

bluemax

Banned
Because LM recognizes the value of Tight Ends!

I just think its silly, I had like 4 players who were all around 78 overalls that would've been back ups for me and they all wanted just under $4million. Really? The going rate for a 78 OVR player is $4million? That's absurd.

eznark

Banned
I just think its silly, I had like 4 players who were all around 78 overalls that would've been back ups for me and they all wanted just under $4million. Really? The going rate for a 78 OVR player is $4million? That's absurd.

The contract I just gave Finley probably exploded the market! 6 years, something like $12m a year.

Mrbob

Should have held onto Max Unger friend. He went up from 77 to 80 this off season and I'm only paying him a hair over 2 million!

Smokey

Welcome to ME3. It's a feature! You get to see how close you can recreate it from memory instead.

Ya =( they changed the way faces work or something.

It's included in the CE, but it's $10 otherwise. I will say the DLC is worth it despite it being pure shit for being sold day 1 like it is. They answer some really good stuff in it regarding a certain alien race.

Sucks the guy hounded you about it. I will say we sold the shit out of the DLC though, ,like a 75% attach rate on non-ce ME3 sales. DLC is becoming a huge thing to sell at retail, hell 60% of call of duty elites were sold at Gamestop.

i went into GS to get ME3 yesterday and the DM (my old DM from when I worked there) and I were chatting it up. went to the register and dude would not leave me along about pre ordering this and that and yadyayaya. knew he was doing it because the dm was there but i wanted to just say STFU.

then he asked how i knew him and i told him i worked there as ASM for a couple of years and i could tell he felt sort of dumb for hounding me about it.

best part was some overgrown sloth lookin character next to me saying "you should pre order assassin's 3 or max payne 3" wtf

LukeSmith

First round Quarterbacks thus far, by the ratings:

Ryan Kaiser 94 thp 91 short 85 medium 72 deep
Peter Newcomer 89 thp 93 short 85 medium 81 deep
Delonte Waters 88 thp 89 short 78 medium 73 deep
Brandon Toscano 93 thp 88 short 90 medium 75 deep

I'm liking Toscano after year 1

Somnia

i went into GS to get ME3 yesterday and the DM (my old DM from when I worked there) and I were chatting it up. went to the register and dude would not leave me along about pre ordering this and that and yadyayaya. knew he was doing it because the dm was there but i wanted to just say STFU.

then he asked how i knew him and i told him i worked there as ASM for a couple of years and i could tell he felt sort of dumb for hounding me about it.

best part was some overgrown sloth lookin character next to me saying "you should pre order assassin's 3 or max payne 3" wtf

lol got to love it. The sad thing is stores that hound like that don't do as good. Some people are just not able to read people and know when to sell and when not to sell.

This DCX gate stuff is amazing. Everytime I thought it was over, more things popped up! This is probably the greatest thing to happen to madden gaf in ages!

Somnia

This DCX gate stuff is amazing. Everytime I thought it was over, more things popped up! This is probably the greatest thing to happen to madden gaf in ages!

I missed you guys, not the same not being in this league. I get more entertainment from this league than TV and movies it seems like.

guys if you completed trades with DCX or anyone else and GOT NO APPROVAL ANYWHERE, then you need to post what the trades were so that it can be voted on. this goes for every trade

LukeSmith

I missed you guys, not the same not being in this league. I get more entertainment from this league than TV and movies it seems like.

This franchise might be the best one. I didn't think Madden 10 could be topped, and LJ and Rors absences are definitely felt, but this season is rivaling the Madden 10 franchise

Somnia

Well since theres no way in LM to reverse the trade DCX and I did I need to see if this could be approved, don't know what to do if its not though.

Falcons trade Curtis Brown and 1st round pick for Brandon Flowers.

Well since theres no way in LM to reverse the trade DCX and I did I need to see if this could be approved, don't know what to do if its not though.

Falcons trade Curtis Brown and 1st round pick for Brandon Flowers.

personally i vote nay on this just for the fact that dcx's first rounder will likely be stripped

bluemax

Banned
Should have held onto Max Unger friend. He went up from 77 to 80 this off season and I'm only paying him a hair over 2 million!

I'm fine with Jackson Gordon, except for the fact that Luke fucked up the rookie contracts last year so he's already coming up on Free Agency and my players from the first draft won't be free agents for another 3 seasons.

Also speaking of first draft players, LeRon Robinson was a 64 OVR B Pot MLB that I grabbed in like the 5th round. He is now a 76 OVR.

A full recap of my first draft players:

1. Ryan Kaiser 84->93
2. Telvin Wallace 76->87
3. DeJon Green 76->79
4. Dior Taylor 75->77
5. LeRon Robinson 64->76
6. Jaren Altime 53->61 (He is a 99 rated KR though!)
7. Emmett Hammond 66->66 (The only non A/B pot guy)

And my second draft:

1. Jackson Gordon 82->82
2. Jaren Thomas 79->80
3. Ibraheim Augustin 71->79
4. Jazz Parks 69->75
6. Henry Rucker 52->61

It honestly seems to me like defensive players gain more in progression than offensive guys. Look at the jumps of Wallace, Augustin and Parks. Those guys are all defensive ends and they've all gone up significant amounts compared to Green and Taylor who are running backs.

Anywho not major analysis but some interesting observations.

First round Quarterbacks thus far, by the ratings:

Ryan Kaiser 94 thp 91 short 85 medium 72 deep
Peter Newcomer 89 thp 93 short 85 medium 81 deep
Delonte Waters 88 thp 89 short 78 medium 73 deep
Brandon Toscano 93 thp 88 short 90 medium 75 deep

I'm liking Toscano after year 1

Kaiser's deep throwing accuracy didn't go up this season despite me throwing and completing more deep bombs. Throwing deep bombs is honestly not worth it against anyone in this league who can manually play defense. I chuck it deep with any amount of air and people can user control a safety from 20+ yards away and catch up to my 95 speed receiver and beat him for the ball. Birdman absolutely killed me on this when I played him.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I really think they changed defensive player progression because of simmed games. I know this is a full league, but when you have more CPU-CPU games, the stats are played out as if the game was set to 15 minutes quarters, even if the league is set to 7. Then CPU teams get all the defensive stats, especially tackles. How they changed it I have no clue, but it's definitely different.

Splat

Are progressed player stats not showup up on LM yet? I know when I checked in-game last night, Cooper Fitz's power move was up above 90, but it's still 85 on LM. His OVR is updated though?

bluemax

Banned
i can't vote on it myself since i'm in your division but luke/cb/gcq/etc. can you guys give a yay or nay on this?

in addition, i have a pending trade:

49ers get:
Dexter Mccluster (RB) - 83 rated

Chiefs get:
Chilo Rachal (RB) - 82 rated

Chilo Rachal is a running back now? Damn! I met him in college once, I'd hate to try and tackle him!

Are progressed player stats not showup up on LM yet? I know when I checked in-game last night, Cooper Fitz's power move was up above 90, but it's still 85 on LM. His OVR is updated though?

League Manager is notoriously shitty at showing correct overall ratings for players. You might want to check the actual EA site for slightly better info (although even that tends to disagree with the actual in game).

i can't vote on it myself since i'm in your division but luke/cb/gcq/etc. can you guys give a yay or nay on this?

in addition, i have a pending trade:

49ers get:
Dexter Mccluster (RB) - 83 rated

Chiefs get:
Chilo Rachal (RB) - 82 rated

You can do position changes in this game? Bullshit! I would have made Best a QB

Edit: Damn it Bluemax and Somnia

Top Bottom