• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

LiveWire

I really hope his post is a giant FUCK YOU to the entire league

image.php

DCX

DCX
SMITTY-AFTER-PACK-ASS-WHUPPING.JPG

I will address you all as brothers. Brother in arms and bond. At times within family groups we do things that shame not only the individual, but the family as a whole. I have done both.

I have prepared a video statement made from my home and i will explain myself in full detail here in this post. Any questions or further inquiry on this matter will be forth handle through AIM/PM only.

I have shamed you. I took a trust bestowed upon me this season from FMT himself. An honor i shamed, an honor i did not respect. A member of MaddenGAF for 7 years, i can say i have been treated with respect. I have been groomed into the player i am today. Tips from Malley, Fifty, Wellie, CB, Ram, Luke and the list is endless. I took beatings when i first joined as the Bills in 06 on the Xbox. I went on to become the defacto Browns owner for several seasons before earning a spot as the Falcons owner.

I live for this league. I spend way to many hours trying to get better, trying to learn every game and trying to get an edge. It is this drive that pushed me to far. Last night around 9pm est, i was calculating my cap space for the upcoming season. I had deals in place for Woodly 12mill, Flowers 9 mill and Robert Mathis 6.5. I decided to alter some contracts in my favor to gain me aprox 7 mill in additional space. I turned a current contract back to rookie deal numbers, and cut a couple player contract down a million to achieve this goal.

I went to bed before the Super Bowl was played and upon awaking i went to GAF to find out the results and see how progression went. In doing so i noticed that Luke made a reference to Falcon contracts. I sent him a lengthy PM regarding the details of what i did, which players were involved and i immediately corrected the numbers. I also detailed self imposed punishments and said sorry for my transgressions.

None of the players involved in trades were affected by this. I don't want Somnia, Ram and Colasante affected by my wrong doing.

I am not proud of this, and i understand the disappointment from my fellow MaddenGAF brethren. I would like to put this behind me and move on. My lack of judgement and breaking of the bond and trust of MaddenGAF hurts more than any cap penalty, draft picks or anything else.

I also understand, even though what i did didn't actually become anything becuase it was exposed and fixed before the draft/free agents or accepted trades, the crime wasn't what was achieved but what was attempted and the lines crossed.

I am truly sorry. I await my fate, and look forward to regaining trust one step at a time.
Thank you for your time and patience. MaddenGAF, for better or for worse..

DCX

welp, i have discussed this infraction with a number of people, and had different things thrown around. banning of dcx from the league, loss of the falcons for madden 2013, loss of draft picks for madden 2013, loss of all draft picks this year, banned from trading or free agent bidding period, etc etc. some of the suggestions were extreme, some i didn't think were harsh enough but after taking it all in and talking to various people the punishment is as follows:

1. a $10 million cap penalty spread across this season and next ($5 mil each season).
2. trades with ramirez, colasonte and somnia are null and void. if you want to complete a new trade, submit the trade proposal in the thread as you would any other trade for yay or nay.
3. loss of a first round pick this season. whoever DCX picks with his first round pick goes to the worst team in the league, the st. louis rams.
4. 4 game suspension of the falcons starting QB, matt ryan

this was a stiff punishment and it went back in forth on being a lesser punishment or an even greater punishment but i think this is fair. i partially blame myself for the situation because i was lazy with a lot of the FA/Salary cap shit in seasons passed and i wanted help. This is why i appointed 4 or 5 people to "admin" status on league manager. but, there are just times where more power is bad and it gives people the temptation to do shady things.

however, it is good to have multiple commishes, which is why luke and cb are around and i trust both of them. anyhow, lets put this dark chapter in league history behind us and look forward to a day without salary cap shenanigans!

DCX

DCX
welp, i have discussed this infraction with a number of people, and had different things thrown around. banning of dcx from the league, loss of the falcons for madden 2013, loss of draft picks for madden 2013, loss of all draft picks this year, banned from trading or free agent bidding period, etc etc. some of the suggestions were extreme, some i didn't think were harsh enough but after taking it all in and talking to various people the punishment is as follows:

1. a $10 million cap penalty spread across this season and next ($5 mil each season).
2. trades with ramirez, colasonte and somnia are null and void. if you want to complete a new trade, submit the trade proposal in the thread as you would any other trade for yay or nay.
3. loss of a first round pick this season. whoever DCX picks with his first round pick goes to the worst team in the league, the st. louis rams.

this was a stiff punishment and it went back in forth on being a lesser punishment or an even greater punishment but i think this is fair. i partially blame myself for the situation because i was lazy with a lot of the FA/Salary cap shit in seasons passed and i wanted help. This is why i appointed 4 or 5 people to "admin" status on league manager. but, there are just times where more power is bad and it gives people the temptation to do shady things.

however, it is good to have multiple commishes, which is why luke and cb are around and i trust both of them. anyhow, lets put this dark chapter in league history behind us and look forward to a day without salary cap shenanigans!

I assume you mean the ones accepted are to be terminated but can be resubmitted for voting? Or i can't make trades with these dudes? Clarify please.

I see alot of 30 carry games for Turner in my future :/

DCX

TheCrow

Well, I got my video apology. At the end of the day I blame EA for making us put up with LM. btw his pick should just go into free agency. Need to spend my money somehow.

and by the way (this goes for everyone):

IF YOU ARE MAKING A TRADE ONE SIDE OR THE OTHER NEEDS TO GET IT APPROVED. I DON'T CARE WHO DOES IT BUT IT NEEDS TO BE APPROVED

by the way, as i posted yesterday:

IF YOUR YEAR 0 PLAYERS ARE NOT SIGNED BY 8 PM PST THEN THEY ARE GOING INTO THE FREE AGENT POOL FOR BIDDING.

FREE AGENT BIDDING STARTS: TONIGHT @ 8PM PST
FREE AGENT BIDDING ENDS: SOMETIME BETWEEN 5PM PST AND 6PM PST ON SUNDAY, 3/11/12

DCX

DCX
by the way, as i posted yesterday:

IF YOUR YEAR 0 PLAYERS ARE NOT SIGNED BY 8 PM PST THEN THEY ARE GOING INTO THE FREE AGENT POOL FOR BIDDING.

FREE AGENT BIDDING STARTS: TONIGHT @ 8PM PST
FREE AGENT BIDDING ENDS: SOMETIME BETWEEN 5PM PST AND 6PM PST ON SUNDAY, 3/11/12

I thought free agent bidding couldn't be done till after the draft?

DCX

LukeSmith

Pick shouldn't go to the rams it should just be a league assigned pick - some mr irrelevant. There is zero reason to seemingly award any team a benefit from this situation.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Pick shouldn't go to the rams it should just be a league assigned pick - some mr irrelevant. There is zero reason to seemingly award any team a benefit from this situation.

was my first thought but FMT said it was gonna be the CPU drafting so i figured DCX wouldnt be there because he couldnt make it or something

Ramirez

James Harrison (ROLB)
Sacks: 5,702
Tackles: 92,354
Forced Fumbles: 3,129

LaMarr Woodley (LOLB)
Sacks: 6,149
Tackles: 88,704
Forced Fumbles: 2,088

YEP

You realize a lot of these stats probably come from simulations & leagues who don't enforce a no manual blitzing rule, right?

For fun, here's what Harrison and Woodley have done for me:

Harrison-
Season 1: 35 tackles, 3 sacks, 2 FF, & 3 INTs
Season 2: 27 tackles, 3 sacks, 5 FF, & 0 INTs
Season 3: 22 tackles, 9 sacks, 4 FF, & 0 INTs

Woodley-
Season 1: 39 tackles, 2 sacks, 5 FF, & 2 INTs
Season 2: 45 tackles, 1 sack, 3 FF, & 1 INT
Season 3: 33 tackles, 3 sacks, 2 FF, & 1 INT

To put this in perspective a little bit, aside from Woodley's rookie season, the lowest sack total he's ever accumulated is 9 (and this came last season in which he only played in 10 games), the highest I've ever got in game is 3. He's had seasons of both 3 & 2 FF totals, with the 5 in season 1 being the unrealistic match to a RL performance.

Now let's look at Harrison RL to game for a second. The lowest sack total Harrison ever put out as a starter of all 16 games is 8.5 in his first year as a starter, the rest have been 10+ aside from last year where he only played in 11 games (still posting 9 sacks). I've gotten one year of that type of production sack wise. Here's the best stat, four of the last five years, Harrison has had 5 or more FF (two years of 7 FF), so his FF production in game for me is actually lower than his RL production. Granted, Harrison is probably beginning the down side of his career, but even the year before last season he put up 10 sacks and 6 FF, so maybe it was just the injury last season.

Compiling all of this shows me that as much as you all whine and cry about how OP my players are, they are mere shadows of themselves when it comes to their RL numbers.

Aside from all that, I'm shipping most of them out anyways, so we'll see what happens!

And since Livewire is always on my nuts, I went and looked up Landry's numbers in RL since I remember seeing him near the top of FF the past 2 seasons. Landry has 6 career(5 seasons, didn't play all of the games the past 2 seasons) FF in RL, in the past 2 Madden seasons, he has 13 FF (16 total this OF). So tell me, why is it ok to complain about my OP players who have actually put up these type of numbers in RL, compared to your guy who is apparently drawing his FF from hopes and dreams?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

I don't have much of a voice in this thing and I know the punishment was already handed out but I have two thoughts:

1) On the bolded above, I totally disagree. Why are the Rams getting two first round picks? Why not just have him draft the worst player available in the draft and then cut him or keep him or whatever.

2) Personally I'd have removed his ability to trade with anyone going forward as part of the punishment. The whole thing arose from looking to make space for trades, and he's still more concerned with the trades than anything else.

trade approval request:

Bucs get:
1. Donte Whitner - 87 rated SS, 4.2 mil cap hit
2. Denzel Tate - 79 rated CB, 2.1 mil cap hit

49ers get:
1. Talib, 95 rated CB, 9 mil cap hit

Top Bottom