• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

LukeSmith

well i'm releasing unsigned guys into FA now. i'm not opening FA bidding yet, need to figure out what we're doing about these trades first!

You're gonna have to reassign some of the contracts. Like Rothlisberger needs to be at the traded cap value, not the FA value (which is markedly less).

In the future people should people not release dudes on LM and instead should just dump them in game and synch rosters?

When dudes go into the FA pool their contracts get all fucked up (and they get cheaper) and it ends up undermining the salary cap completely.

That information is in the player's profile right now. So people SHOULD not resign guys from FA. But rather Admins (FMT might be the only one who can) need to assign players who were traded and are FAs to the right team and set the right year on the contract and delete the old years

Isn't that what FA is though? If the guy really is a star his price will be bid up to a fairer price than what LM decided to generate. You're risking losing your guy, I don't see the problem. If you aren't talking about stars it's moot because that's what they're worth in the FA pool, you can just grab an identical guy for cheaper because he happened to not be cut by a team. You'd have to up the price on all identical FAs w/e you up one guy for something like this to make sense to me.

DCX

DCX
Which is why i used to carry 4-5 ROLB and a crappy LOLB. The game doesn't allow you to re-assign positions :/

DCX

Isn't that what FA is though? If the guy really is a star his price will be bid up to a fairer price than what LM decided to generate. You're risking losing your guy, I don't see the problem. If you aren't talking about stars it's moot because that's what they're worth in the FA pool, you can just grab an identical guy for cheaper because he happened to not be cut by a team. You'd have to up the price on all identical FAs w/e you up one guy for something like this to make sense to me.

But we're talkin bout trades with guys who already had a set cap #

Colasante

God dammit DCX's shenanigans screwed me out of a cornerback. Once again I ask, is anyone willing to trade a 90+ cornerback? I will make it worth your while.

DCX

DCX
Did they shut down your trade, or did he just not have the cap room?

After the trade were voided and my first taken away i had to alter my Brandon Flowers trade and included Grimes.

He wanted Grimes. I guess Somnia could flip Grimes if he wanted to.

DCX

Colasante

Can we get a list of which of these players in the free agency pool are marked for trades already and which are unrestricted? I'd like to know what's available in free agency before making draft plans.

DCX

DCX
On my end these players are untouchable:

LaMarr Woodly, Brandon Flowers, Curtis Brown

Sean Weatherspoon for Pitt

Brent Grimes for KC

DCX

Ramirez

Can we get a list of which of these players in the free agency pool are marked for trades already and which are unrestricted? I'd like to know what's available in free agency before making draft plans.

I can't give a full list, but...

Lamarr Woodley
Adrian Peterson
Aquib Talib
Rashard Mendenhall
S. Weatherspoon
Charles Woodson

Off the top of my head...quite a few more though I think, someone can add to my list. :p

LukeSmith

The Do NOT Touch Free Agents-because-they-have-been-traded- List

(work in progress, when you add someone, copy the whole post and update it with yours please)

Lamarr Woodley
Adrian Peterson
Aquib Talib
Rashard Mendenhall
S. Weatherspoon
Charles Woodson
Ben Rapistberger
Eli Manning
Trent Cole
Charles Woodson
Brandon Flowers
Brent Grimes
Curtis Brown
Jacquizz Rodgers

Colasante

I have no idea how appropriation of teams works out when a new Madden rolls around or if another guy is going to come out of the woodwork to reclaim his team, but after today's heist I would love to continue playing as the hapless Rams in Madden 13. Just throwing that out there.

LukeSmith

I have no idea how appropriation of teams works out when a new Madden rolls around or if another guy is going to come out of the woodwork to reclaim his team, but after today's heist I would love to continue playing as the hapless Rams in Madden 13. Just throwing that out there.

The Play-In tournament for the Rams, i.e. LiveWire's draft picks in Madden 13 is going to be legendary

UNTOUCHABLE FA'S SO FAR:

The Do NOT Touch Free Agents-because-they-have-been-traded- List

(work in progress, when you add someone, copy the whole post and update it with yours please)

Lamarr Woodley
Adrian Peterson
Aquib Talib
Rashard Mendenhall
S. Weatherspoon
Charles Woodson
Ben Rapistberger
Eli Manning
Trent Cole
Charles Woodson
Brandon Flowers
Brent Grimes
Curtis Brown
Jacquizz Rodgers
Tom Brady
Rob Gronkowski
Brandon Spikes
jermaine cunningham
chilo rachal
dexter mccluster

FREE AGENT BIDDING IS OPEN! YOU CAN BID ON ANY PLAYERS IN THE FREE AGENT POOL EXCEPT FOR THESE PLAYERS:

Lamarr Woodley
Adrian Peterson
Aquib Talib
Rashard Mendenhall
S. Weatherspoon
Charles Woodson
Ben Rapistberger
Eli Manning
Trent Cole
Charles Woodson
Brandon Flowers
Brent Grimes
Curtis Brown
Jacquizz Rodgers
Tom Brady
Rob Gronkowski
Brandon Spikes
jermaine cunningham
chilo rachal
dexter mccluster

FA WILL END AFTER THE DRAFT.... VERY QUICKLY AFTER THE DRAFT. BETWEEN 5 AND 30 MINS AFTER.

P.S.

JON BEASON HAD A CAREER ENDING INJURY. DO NOT BID ON JON BEASON UNLESS YOU WANT AN EXPENSIVE BENCH WARMER.

AGAIN I REPREAT, DO NOT SIGN JON BEASON

Lamarr Woodley
Adrian Peterson
Aquib Talib
Rashard Mendenhall
S. Weatherspoon
Charles Woodson
Ben Rapistberger
Eli Manning
Trent Cole
Charles Woodson
Brandon Flowers