• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

LiveWire

You realize a lot of these stats probably come from simulations & leagues who don't enforce a no manual blitzing rule, right?

For fun, here's what Harrison and Woodley have done for me:

Harrison-
Season 1: 35 tackles, 3 sacks, 2 FF, & 3 INTs
Season 2: 27 tackles, 3 sacks, 5 FF, & 0 INTs
Season 3: 22 tackles, 9 sacks, 4 FF, & 0 INTs

Woodley-
Season 1: 39 tackles, 2 sacks, 5 FF, & 2 INTs
Season 2: 45 tackles, 1 sack, 3 FF, & 1 INT
Season 3: 33 tackles, 3 sacks, 2 FF, & 1 INT

To put this in perspective a little bit, aside from Woodley's rookie season, the lowest sack total he's ever accumulated is 9 (and this came last season in which he only played in 10 games), the highest I've ever got in game is 3. He's had seasons of both 3 & 2 FF totals, with the 5 in season 1 being the unrealistic match to a RL performance.

Now let's look at Harrison RL to game for a second. The lowest sack total Harrison ever put out as a starter of all 16 games is 8.5 in his first year as a starter, the rest have been 10+ aside from last year where he only played in 11 games (still posting 9 sacks). I've gotten one year of that type of production sack wise. Here's the best stat, four of the last five years, Harrison has had 5 or more FF (two years of 7 FF), so his FF production in game for me is actually lower than his RL production. Granted, Harrison is probably beginning the down side of his career, but even the year before last season he put up 10 sacks and 6 FF, so maybe it was just the injury last season.

Compiling all of this shows me that as much as you all whine and cry about how OP my players are, they are mere shadows of themselves when it comes to their RL numbers.

Aside from all that, I'm shipping most of them out anyways, so we'll see what happens!

And since Livewire is always on my nuts, I went and looked up Landry's numbers in RL since I remember seeing him near the top of FF the past 2 seasons. Landry has 6 career(5 seasons, didn't play all of the games the past 2 seasons) FF in RL, in the past 2 Madden seasons, he has 13 FF (16 total this OF). So tell me, why is it ok to complain about my OP players who have actually put up these type of numbers in RL, compared to your guy who is apparently drawing his FF from hopes and dreams?
The difference is I'm controlling Landry for about 3/4s of those FFs.

Which also explains why I had so few FRs as after I pop the ball out with him, I'm scrambling to hit B to change to a closer player and of course they play Keystone Kops and can't get to it before the other team recovers. :/

But yea Wellie was right. smh

Ramirez

The difference is I'm controlling Landry for about 3/4s of those FFs.

Which also explains why I had so few FRs as after I pop the ball out with him, I'm scrambling to hit B to change to a closer player and of course they play Keystone Kops and can't get to it before the other team recovers. :/

But yea Wellie was right. smh

What does controlling them have to do with anything? In his career, he doesn't have a history of forcing that many FF. You think I wasn't controlling Harrison or Woodley for any of their FF?

But please, keep spewing your garbage while remaining irrelevant.

Sokantish

by the way, as i posted yesterday:

IF YOUR YEAR 0 PLAYERS ARE NOT SIGNED BY 8 PM PST THEN THEY ARE GOING INTO THE FREE AGENT POOL FOR BIDDING.

FREE AGENT BIDDING STARTS: TONIGHT @ 8PM PST
FREE AGENT BIDDING ENDS: SOMETIME BETWEEN 5PM PST AND 6PM PST ON SUNDAY, 3/11/12

Well I still can't drop anyone from my team, and I don't have enough cap space to sign any of them but it doesn't really matter I guess because all of the players suck that need to be re-signed

Ramirez

Alright, the deal with the Texans fell through, so I need approval on this trade, don't hold grudges against DCX for my sake!

Steelers get:
Falcons 2nd Rounder
S. Weatherspoon

Falcons get:
Woodley

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
i dont follow the real life Jags. is Mathis not good anymore? i went to look at his rating and the 74 shocked me. he was one of the better corners in the league no?

Ramirez

I bet LiveWire just wet his pants. He'll have Vick 2.0 next year.

And still be sub .500.

It's possible that Mathis has nose dived in OF, all of my secondary aside from Polamalu have dropped probably a combined 30-40 points, lol. Clark went from an 84 last season to like a 76 now, despite having a pretty good year.

LukeSmith

You realize a lot of these stats probably come from simulations & leagues who don't enforce a no manual blitzing rule, right?

For fun, here's what Harrison and Woodley have done for me:

Here's why the Steelers are busted in this game in a nutshell. I'm creating new stat called TFF% for this.

The TFF% is the percentage of tackles that result in a forced fumble for a given player.

Harrison-
Season 1: 35 tackles, 3 sacks, 2 FF, & 3 INTs TFF% 8.5
Season 2: 27 tackles, 3 sacks, 5 FF, & 0 INTs TFF% 11.1
Season 3: 22 tackles, 9 sacks, 4 FF, & 0 INTs TFF% 18

Woodley-
Season 1: 39 tackles, 2 sacks, 5 FF, & 2 INTs TFF% 13
Season 2: 45 tackles, 1 sack, 3 FF, & 1 INT TFF% 7
Season 3: 33 tackles, 3 sacks, 2 FF, & 1 INT TFF% 6

Now we're looking at a small sample size, so here are their global numbers based on MLM

James Harrison (ROLB)
Sacks: 5,702
Tackles: 92,354
Forced Fumbles: 3,129 TFF% 3.3

LaMarr Woodley (LOLB)
Sacks: 6,149
Tackles: 88,704
Forced Fumbles: 2,088 TFF% 2.3

So, James Harrison in his WORST season at forcing turnovers for you, performed nearly 2.5x better than the global average at forcing fumbles. At peak season Harrison was forcing fumbles at a rate almost 7x higher than the average Harrison in the world.

Woodley is almost the same, just inverted in the season. In his first season he was forcing fumbles 6.5x higher than his global average and in his worst season he was still doing it at a rate that triples the average Lamar Woodley!

This is what I've been talking about all along with the Steelers! Now I have numbers.

Ramirez

"In the deal, the Rams will receive the Redskins first-round in each of the next three years, plus Washington's second-round pick this year"

Jesus, better hope he's worth it!

Somnia

Need trade vote:

Falcons get:
Brandon Flowers (93 cb)

Chiefs get:
Brent Grimes (87 cb)
Jacquizz Rodgers (77 hb)
Falcons 3rd rounder

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
approved

anytime you can slightly upgrade the same position while giving up a 3rd round pick and a running back, you gotta do it!

This is why you fail, DCX

Well, among other reasons.

McNei1y

*BREAKING NEWS*

"This just in. The Vikings GM, McNei1y, has traded star running back Adrian Peterson to the Pittsburgh Steelers for Rashard Mendenhall and Troy Polamalu. After six years in purple and gold, Adrian Peterson has been traded. He averaged 6 yards per run last year and put up a league high 1718 yards in 287 attempts with 21 touchdowns.

Rashard Mendenhall will join the backfield with resigned utility back Toby Gerhart and sophmore Randy Cobbs.

Troy Polamalu will take up the Free Safety spot to join sophmore Adonis Burchette, whom after a career high 9 ints looks forward to playing side by side fellow hard hitting safety.

Words from McNei1y are coming in:"

"Hello,

After three great years of Adrian Peterson, the ownership and I have decided it will be of best interests to part ways with our running back in return for help on defense. We are sad to part ways with the future hall of famer. Our decision is all based on the future being of the team. We believe adding another safety and acquiring a star running back is what will win the NFC North and push this team into the playoffs next year.

I inform you, despite the rumors, that there is nothing wrong in the clubhouse between the team, Adrian Peterson, and myself. He was a tremendous back, person, and client. I hope for the best and I will miss him.

See you in August"

guys if you did a trade and need the cap space for FA just go ahead and submit the trade on LM. we'll have to get the proper players assigned as needed because i don't know another way to give the cap space that you would get up front without trading him away

LukeSmith

"In the deal, the Rams will receive the Redskins first-round in each of the next three years, plus Washington's second-round pick this year"

Jesus, better hope he's worth it!

I'm announcing that I will be playing for the Rams next year and in Madden 15 and 16

Somnia

Ya there will be some shifting needed by admins when this is all over, Flowers will auto goto DCX either way since we already did that, but I'll need brown cut from my team. Rams will auto get Grimes (if our trade is approved) since that trade was completed and he'll need moved to my team, etc.

Glad I'm not an LM admin!

DCX

DCX
Ya there will be some shifting needed by admins when this is all over, Flowers will auto goto DCX either way since we already did that, but I'll need brown cut from my team. Rams will auto get Grimes (if our trade is approved) since that trade was completed and he'll need moved to my team, etc.

Glad I'm not an LM admin!

Yup. Brown goes back to Atl, Flowers stays with me, and Grimes needs to go to KC.

Woodly and Spoon deal would stay the same.

DCX

Ramirez

I'm so confused man...

Once FA starts, can we go ahead and sign the players we've traded since they're sent into the FA pool?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Here's why the Steelers are busted in this game in a nutshell. I'm creating new stat called TFF% for this.

The TFF% is the percentage of tackles that result in a forced fumble for a given player.

Harrison-
Season 1: 35 tackles, 3 sacks, 2 FF, & 3 INTs TFF% 8.5
Season 2: 27 tackles, 3 sacks, 5 FF, & 0 INTs TFF% 11.1
Season 3: 22 tackles, 9 sacks, 4 FF, & 0 INTs TFF% 18

Woodley-
Season 1: 39 tackles, 2 sacks, 5 FF, & 2 INTs TFF% 13
Season 2: 45 tackles, 1 sack, 3 FF, & 1 INT TFF% 7
Season 3: 33 tackles, 3 sacks, 2 FF, & 1 INT TFF% 6

Now we're looking at a small sample size, so here are their global numbers based on MLM

James Harrison (ROLB)
Sacks: 5,702
Tackles: 92,354
Forced Fumbles: 3,129 TFF% 3.3

LaMarr Woodley (LOLB)
Sacks: 6,149
Tackles: 88,704
Forced Fumbles: 2,088 TFF% 2.3

So, James Harrison in his WORST season at forcing turnovers for you, performed nearly 2.5x better than the global average at forcing fumbles. At peak season Harrison was forcing fumbles at a rate almost 7x higher than the average Harrison in the world.

Woodley is almost the same, just inverted in the season. In his first season he was forcing fumbles 6.5x higher than his global average and in his worst season he was still doing it at a rate that triples the average Lamar Woodley!

This is what I've been talking about all along with the Steelers! Now I have numbers.

omg

Goddamn luke, goddamn.

For comparison's sake:

Patrick Willis-

Season 1: 48 tackles, 8 sacks, 2 FF, & 1 INTs TFF% 4.2
Season 2: 56 tackles, 9 sacks, 6 FF, & 4 INTs TFF% 10.7
Season 3: 68 tackles, 4 sacks, 6 FF, & 5 INTs TFF% 8.8

Demarcus Ware-

Season 1: 35 tackles, 4 sacks, 1 FF, & 1 INTs TFF% 2.9
Season 2: 46 tackles, 4 sacks, 1 FF, & 0 INTs TFF% 2.2
Season 3: 40 tackles, 7 sacks, 0 FF, & 0 INTs TFF% 0

Two of the cheapest LBs in the game, below Steeler production.

Ramirez

Let's see what Woodley does in ATL, maybe it's just my touch! Wouldn't me performing above global average just indicate that I'm better at hit sticking people? :p

Like I told Luke anyways, the LM numbers contain sims, and who knows how bad the people are playing with them.

i dont follow the real life Jags. is Mathis not good anymore? i went to look at his rating and the 74 shocked me. he was one of the better corners in the league no?

He's average at best in madden. He's been tumbling down the depth chart and I need the cap room :/

I did the exact same thing. How is he a 74? Last year he was a freaking 92.

Last year as in Madden 11? Not last season right? Cause I don't remember him beening that highly rated under me

well i planned on opening FA bidding tonight but i don't think i can because there are a lot of people in the FA pool that shouldn't be there (players from trades) and can only be placed on their correct teams AFTER the draft is complete and we advance to the new season.... unless of course we use LM to do the draft and i don't trust LM.

eznark

Banned
I need to start finding ways to cheat! I play by the rules and I need to let each one of you sodomize me before I can get a trade approved. DCX defrauds each and every one of us and gets 40 trades approved in two minutes.

Time to cut my kicker and punter I think.

DCX

DCX
well i planned on opening FA bidding tonight but i don't think i can because there are a lot of people in the FA pool that shouldn't be there (players from trades) and can only be placed on their correct teams AFTER the draft is complete and we advance to the new season.... unless of course we use LM to do the draft and i don't trust LM.

You could make a list of untouchables.

DCX

Ramirez

I need to start finding ways to cheat! I play by the rules and I need to let each one of you sodomize me before I can get a trade approved. DCX defrauds each and every one of us and gets 40 trades approved in two minutes.

Time to cut my kicker and punter I think.

He got his punishment, if he still has the room to make deals after that, so be it.

i'm testing something out now bro's, i'll let you know if it works. IF it does work, then i will be re-opening FA so that people who have players in there can go in and sign them before i open up the FA bidding period

eznark

Banned
He got his punishment, if he still has the room to make deals after that, so be it.

Totally. My point is that if that is the punishment for the most egregious abuse of power and breach of trust in the entire storied history of Madden GAF I'm no longer even slightly worried about 4th downs or Claymaker manual blitzes!

This is the treaty of Versailles and next season, I'm gonna be Hitler. Rise Packers, take your rightful place amongst the top! Bring on the Claykrieg and the Waterswaffe!

Top Bottom