• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Who is the idiot that bid on Sean Weatherspoon?

Further, did all these players that are now drop have years remaining on their contracts? Now that you need to resign these guys it will likely be cheaper to get them than what they were worth if they were still under contract.

Fuck THIS GAME. FUCK YOU.

I released Tommie Campbell, when I had him he had 88 man/79 zone. Now in free agency? 95 man, 85 zone

wtf

DCX

DCX
Fuck THIS GAME. FUCK YOU.

I released Tommie Campbell, when I had him he had 88 man/79 zone. Now in free agency? 95 man, 85 zone

wtf

LM doesn't update attributes usually until the draft is over. Maybe placing them in the free agent list updated it.

Best place to check them is on the console or EA franchise site.

DCX

LM doesn't update attributes usually until the draft is over. Maybe placing them in the free agent list updated it.

Best place to check them is on the console or EA franchise site.

DCX

So you're basically telling me when I was re-signing all my players that their stats were a lie

Fuck. This. Shit.

Oh well, everyone's gotten pumped in the ass somehow. I guess it was my turn.

DCX

DCX
So you're basically telling me when I was re-signing all my players that their stats were a lie

Fuck. This. Shit.

Oh well, everyone's gotten pumped in the ass somehow. I guess it was my turn.

Not a lie. Its safe to say of a player progressed his stats increased somewhere and regression would result in decreased stats.

You just didn't know what areas were impacted.
Happened to me with Julio year two. His ovr jumped but I saw no attribute increases so I almost pulled a trigger on a trade. When the season started I saw his catch, rls, and spc cth increase.

DCX

eznark

Banned
lol, after I cut guys my rating went from an A to an F despite losing no starters.

Anyone know how to cut a fuckng kicker? Dude is taking up $4m in cap space.

DCX

DCX
lol, after I cut guys my rating went from an A to an F despite losing no starters.

Anyone know how to cut a fuckng kicker? Dude is taking up $4m in cap space.

As mentioned before, EA won't let you cut a player if there is no one to replace them. So if you have only one K on the roster ( which i doubt any of us have two K ), you can't cut them. You would have to sign a dummy player at K as a place holder until you draft one or just sign one.

It affects all positions.

DCX

DCX

DCX
But I can't sign another kicker until FA and the draft is done, at which point I take a cap penalty for cutting Crosby.

FMT, please put the cheapest kicker on my roster so I can cut Crosby

At this stage of the off season he can't place any players on any team. This is why we have the clusterfuck of traded players in the free agent pool :/ I told FMT we couldn't do free agency till after the draft :(

DCX

BigAT

Another interesting note, 0 year players don't get put into the free agency pool if they're the only remaining player at a spot on your roster. Thanks LM for the extra time to re-sign Deon Grant.

DCX

DCX
Another interesting note, 0 year players don't get put into the free agency pool if they're the only remaining player at a spot on your roster. Thanks LM for the extra time to re-sign Deon Grant.

yup. which prolly would account for the no contract dudes on people's team last season :/

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
At this stage of the off season he can't place any players on any team. This is why we have the clusterfuck of traded players in the free agent pool :/ I told FMT we couldn't do free agency till after the draft :(

DCX
Yeah and he also said not to execute trades until after the draft, but that didnt stop people.

Ferny

The fact that the league is running for 2 more seasons is amazing. We have pretty much the same core we had when we started expect for a couple owners.

Sweet, Lamar Woodley and me with 25m in cap space!

If you bid on "off limits" guys then you're just tying up bid money in a player you'll never get. Off limits list is on the last page. And I cant sign any new kicker to your team since ea doesn't allow players to be added until after the draft

eznark

Banned
If you bid on "off limits" guys then you're just tying up bid money in a player you'll never get. Off limits list is on the last page. And I cant sign any new kicker to your team since ea doesn't allow players to be added until after the draft

Can I at least cut Croaby without a penalty post draft?

Because the only reason I need to hold onto him is because EA is retarded and won't let me cut him now.

oh yeah he's a year 0 player. yes, you'll be able to cut him without penalty. and that goes for anyone: if you only have 1 player left at a position and thus CAN'T cut him at this point, then you can cut him post draft without penalty

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
You guys that have dudes sitting on the FA wire that you traded for, I hope you aren't bidding up new FAs.

Peterson, Woodley, Gronk, Flowers, Ben, etc. will be commanding upwards of 7 mil a year per player.

What's bullshit is that it's not even the original contracts these guys were on, so you get some additional cap relief.

You guys that have dudes sitting on the FA wire that you traded for, I hope you aren't bidding up new FAs.

Peterson, Woodley, Gronk, Flowers, Ben, etc. will be commanding upwards of 7 mil a year per player.

What's bullshit is that it's not even the original contracts these guys were on, so you get some additional cap relief.

nah, the contracts will be adjusted to what they were when they were traded. i think everyone reported in the contract #'s pre-trade

Splat

Cards cut Levi Brown, who had 1 year left @ $2,538,000 (so, ~500k cap hit, right? Is that applied this year or next?)

Also anyone up for a game?

gg splat. got up early and luckily held on. i think both of us had a few plays where our guys were wide open and didn't even try for what looked like a decently thrown ball. oh well :(

Splat

gg splat. got up early and luckily held on. i think both of us had a few plays where our guys were wide open and didn't even try for what looked like a decently thrown ball. oh well :(

Yeah, those ones are super frustrating :( I had a couple awful throws where I just stared down a guy. Tried a few new things that game, and some of them worked okay! I love Atkins so much <3.

McNei1y

Alright, I have to ask:

Which stats are the most important on a lineman?

Somehow I have an 85 RG who's Run Blocking and Pass Blocking are in the low 70's yet I have a 76 C who has every lineman stat in the mid 80's. I'm so confused how thats judged.

Edit: I mean look

RG: Pass Block: 74 Run Block: 75 Impact Block: 88 RBS: 99 RBF: 75 Pass Block Str: 98 PBF: 66
C: Pass Blocking: 81 Run Blocking: 83 Impact Blocking: 89 Run Block Strength: 82 Run Block Footwork: 88 Pass Block Strength: 91 PBF: 76

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
im putting Curtis Marsh on the block. 82 rated CB but has 97 zone, 88 man, 88 press ratings. only making 800k this season.

Looking for a a good pick, or LB/D-Lineman with a decent contract

DCX

DCX
Alright, I have to ask:

Which stats are the most important on a lineman?

Somehow I have an 85 RG who's Run Blocking and Pass Blocking are in the low 70's yet I have a 76 C who has every lineman stat in the mid 80's. I'm so confused how thats judged.

Edit: I mean look

RG: Pass Block: 74 Run Block: 75 Impact Block: 88 RBS: 99 RBF: 75 Pass Block Str: 98 PBF: 66
C: Pass Blocking: 81 Run Blocking: 83 Impact Blocking: 89 Run Block Strength: 82 Run Block Footwork: 88 Pass Block Strength: 91 PBF: 76

Eh..maybe the 85 rg has a high awe which bumps the ovr a lot..not this much though..

DCX

Top Bottom