• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Some of the decisions I made early in the franchise are really coming back to kick my ass. I'd need at least 2 offseasons to fix my mess, so I'm glad this will be over in another year or two. ;)

I feel like I made a mess of my OL and DL. Everything else looks great, but I'd need to invest high draft picks there to get back.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Can someone post an updated untouchable list? I almost bid on Charles Johnson and had to go back a few pages to see he's involved in a trade.

eznark

Banned
dont be shocked if those goes two more seasons and you find yourself in Ramirez hell

The trade is fine.

I'm ok with that. I made the Rodgers trade on the assumption that I had a few more years so I structured my deals around that. After
This season I am fucked, but that just means I win 2 games instead of 6!

Water will be doing so much running.

Is this trade not going through on lm because the Rams would then have 0 RGs? Can some1 assign some scrub RG to his roster that he can later cut without penalty?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Holy fuck at the contracts I have expiring:

DeVante Morris
Domata Peko
Aaron Fraudgers
Michael Johnson
Jermaine Gresham
AJ Green

All of them are in-line for hefty raises. :(

Maybe I'll just cut down to 38 players.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Ive grabbed some monsters in the third round through this franchise who are playing some major roles. Im thinking this has had a nice impact at saving me some cap space.

I also dont spend 10 mil on 80 rated DB's too, i suppose.

Tommie Campbell about to become the highest paid corner in the league, this is crazy. :jnc

Some of you guys just have too much money to throw around without much cap management. I guess lesson learned for the next Madden, make salary cap increases smaller.

And I could have paid him only 3-4 million per year, but LM lied to me :(

DCX

DCX
last season in the second and third round i got a DE and DT 70 and 71 each. A pots and they progressed to 80 and 79 :)

DCX

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
last season in the second and third round i got a DE and DT 70 and 71 each. A pots and they progressed to 80 and 79 :)

DCX

A little easier to pull off when you can stash 63 players on your roster and let them progress. My crowning rule of madden 12 was this roster limit

DCX

DCX
A little easier to pull off when you can stash 63 players on your roster and let them progress. My crowning rule of madden 12 was this roster limit

Seahawks stashed 63, i stowed away 61. I will be lucky to get to 50.

DCX

eznark

Banned
Hm just realized I need to pay two first rounders this year. Depending on the outcome of FA maybe they'll both "hold out"

Mrbob

This damn back loaded Peppers contract is crushing against my cap! DCX you should have adjusted it for me before getting caught! Going to have to hold still without making any major moves this year or next year.

His salary jumped to 15 million this year, and 17 million next year! Next off season I'm going to have to make some decisions on whom to keep! Have some big money contracts coming up.

Mrbob

At least I'm going to try and make him useful this year if he is going to eat up so much money. Moving to left end since right end is useless territory.

I would offer a trade for Mercedes but I'm gonna guess you won't trade him within division lol

Nope!

Sorry but you already whoop my ass as is... no need to make your team better. Though, marcedes does love to drop important 3rd down passes so maybe we can work something out!

Released

Brandon Marshall 1yr@10.2M
Antrel Rolle 3yrs@8.6M

Total 18.8M

Acquired

Harvey Dahl 1yr@4.0M
and I believe Delmas was 1yr@3M? Correct me if I'm wrong Colasante.

Total 7.0M

Problem is I don't have 11.8M more than I had because I can't cut Rolle or sign anyone.. Can you give me an additional 1.6M in cap space to make up the difference and then just take it away when the trade is right? after the vance?

LukeSmith

This afternoon I'll start going through the thread and adding the penalties - 20% of remaining contract's value - to team salary caps.

FA Do-Not-Touch List

Brandon Marshall
Antrel Rolle
Louis Delmas
Harvey Dahl
Lamarr Woodley
Adrian Peterson
Aquib Talib
Rashard Mendenhall
S. Weatherspoon
Charles Woodson
Ben Rapistberger
Eli Manning
Trent Cole
Charles Woodson
Brandon Flowers
Brent Grimes
Donte Whitner
Denzel Tate
Curtis Brown
Jacquizz Rodgers
Tom Brady
Rob Gronkowski
Brandon Spikes
jermaine cunningham
chilo rachal
dexter mccluster

Smokey

This damn back loaded Peppers contract is crushing against my cap! DCX you should have adjusted it for me before getting caught! Going to have to hold still without making any major moves this year or next year.

His salary jumped to 15 million this year, and 17 million next year! Next off season I'm going to have to make some decisions on whom to keep! Have some big money contracts coming up.

lol

Mrbob

I've come into an example where it would have been better to lock up a long term deal.

Last off season Urlacher asked for about 7.1 million per year on a 2 year deal or 6.8 per year on a 5 year deal. I decided on the two year option since I figured that number would go down again, and now he wants 9 million per year to resign after this season is over! Dude is getting older! But isn't losing any ratings, though. Still at 95 OVR!

I think everyone but Ramirez should be able to get one year exemption to play with under 40 players to keep the guys we have on our roster!

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
This afternoon I'll start going through the thread and adding the penalties - 20% of remaining contract's value - to team salary caps.

I just dropped:

Gerald Sensabaugh, 1 year left, 2,538,000
Frank Zombo, 1 year left, 1,100,000

Splat

Wait, what the fuck? LM is saying I made a bid on Chris Clemons and I most definitely did not :( FMT how do I get out of this?

Splat

Do I submit my trade to the jets for a 2nd round pick now, or wait until after the draft's over and just do it for players?

Top Bottom