• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

Mrbob

Dissidia 012, despite the dumb name, is a fairly amazing game. Plays great on the Vita too. Shame it's a PSP game so it isn't in the hands of most people, but this game proves Square still might have it when it comes to games.

I always thought the premise sounded strange, as it's a 1 on 1 action game with rpg leveling elements and loot you can acquire. It has all the major heroes from the first 13 FF games, and they all have different attacks and abilities. It's very diverse. Story mode is meaty too, despite the somewhat goofy story of why they are all together.

Pleasantly shocked by how cool this game is.

Dissidia 012, despite the dumb name, is a fairly amazing game. Plays great on the Vita too. Shame it's a PSP game so it isn't in the hands of most people, but this game proves Square still might have it when it comes to games.

I always thought the premise sounded strange, as it's a 1 on 1 action game with rpg leveling elements and loot you can acquire. It has all the major heroes from the first 13 FF games, and they all have different attacks and abilities. It's very diverse. Story mode is meaty too, despite the somewhat goofy story of why they are all together.

Pleasantly shocked by how cool this game is.

didn't u hear vita sold 17 units last week?? lol.... Lol.... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ferny

playing the diablo III beta.... either i'm just a natural or this beta is incredibly easy. i'm just mowing down monsters like nothin with my wizard guy. i did get banged up in the cathedral when those fat slobs and bats cornered me but aside from that it's been easy pickin's!
Its on normal which is the easiest difficulty. I also think it's been said that regen is higher in the beta.

Ramirez

playing the diablo III beta.... either i'm just a natural or this beta is incredibly easy. i'm just mowing down monsters like nothin with my wizard guy. i did get banged up in the cathedral when those fat slobs and bats cornered me but aside from that it's been easy pickin's!

It's basically the equivalent of The Den of Evil & Bloodraven in D2 which were piss easy as well. The game will tear you a new one on Hell/Inferno I'm sure. Can't wait!

Ramirez

More impressions plz. :[

From what I've played, there's a couple things dancing in my head. The Demon Hunter gets an acrobatic dodge/roll, and what I hope this means is that you'll need to evade enemie projectiles a lot as the game gets harder. I envision a character that is constantly on the move, setting traps & snaring enemies while her friends rip them apart.

The monk has a healing ability, which I'd assume might be pretty integral to co-op Hell/Inferno runs, maybe not?

I want the game to be more about the co-op experience of everyone channeling their spells together and less of a roflstomp with everyone just clicking their left mouse button. It's gonna be a blast either way. :p

BigAT

I'm really not a fan at the way D3 seems to have quite a bit of hand holding. All the quest arrows and indicators really seem to take away from the exploration that made Diablo II.

I was alright when Blizz said they were getting rid of attribute choices, but it seems like you never get to choose your skillups each level as well. It feels like it takes a lot of the joy out of leveling up and takes away a lot of the customization per character class now that every single character follows the exact same path.

Ramirez

I don't really care about the stat allocation/skills being gone either. I always followed a guide for the best possible outcome anyways.

BigAT

One involves going into Hell and battling against some of the most evil, vile creatures one could possibly imagine. The other is Diablo 3.

eznark

Banned
Character animations seem super janky, game is astoundingly unastounding visually and the skill trees are...not would I would have preferred.

Based solely on the beta, Torchlight is a better game!

BigAT

I don't really care about the stat allocation/skills being gone either. I always followed a guide for the best possible outcome anyways.

True, but think about how divergent the paths were when you were leveling up a Hammerdin versus some other Paladin build.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Character animations seem super janky, game is astoundingly unastounding visually and the skill trees are...not would I would have preferred.

That was like a final boss on it's third form troll. Impressive!

Mrbob

Fanboy.

Better help kick start Grim Dawn!

turbopenguin

Neo Member
GG turbo

Couldn't do a thing all game. 4 forced fumbles and not one turnover off it -___-

yea gg. Man Newcomer cannot hold onto the ball, 4 fumbles yeesh! If you had gotten half of those fumbles it would have been a totally different game, just some madden luck right there.

Ferny

yea gg. Man Newcomer cannot hold onto the ball, 4 fumbles yeesh! If you had gotten half of those fumbles it would have been a totally different game, just some madden luck right there.

Especially the one right when you were right by the goal line and STILL got the TD -____-

also if anyone wants any D3 games going my battletag is Ferny#1238

Sokantish

GG. My offense was terrible. I dunno if that QB is bad or its more the rain and wind but that was bad.

Ferny is the Jets right? When can you play?

Mrbob

Don't scare ari away! I love that this league garners outside interest. We should start our own Madden league TV show with DCX as the host. The drama could sustain interest for a long time!

DCX

DCX
Trials is amazing. The amount of things that will not get done due to this time killer is going to be epic.

DCX

bluemax

Banned
Other things I don't like about Diablo 3:

1. You can equip all kinds of weapons, but apparently if you don't have an attack skill you literally can't do anything with that weapon. IE If you're playing Demon Hunter there's no point in ever equipping a non bow.

2. I miss the pet from Torchlight. Slogging back to town to clear inventory is such a downer.

3. The stash in town is stupid small. I wonder if this is just a beta only thing.

4. Server time outs on a fucking single player game.

Top Bottom