• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

bluemax

Banned
Played a half against 49ers, TE cheese still good, running feels so much better, playing MLB actually fun now as you don't get suctioned into OLine anymore.

Spent 20 minutes talking to dev guy. Game sounds amazing. So many improvements so many things we've wanted.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
He'd probably quit before he got fired anyway...

7qYdr.jpg

Ferny

So if someone gets fired, would they be able to just get an invite in game and take over the team again or will it not allow them to? I know we haven't decided that just yet but just wondering if that's possible.

Sokantish

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/TheColdOne33/7qYdr.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Now the song is stuck in my head. Just great!

[quote="Ferny, post: 38649705"]So if someone gets fired, would they be able to just get an invite in game and take over the team again or will it not allow them to? I know we haven't decided that just yet but just wondering if that's possible.[/QUOTE]

Well it seems like you'd be able to just rejoin the same team as a different coach. It'd be kinda messed up if the game fired you then the league kicked you out too, I hope that doesn't happen. Although there probably isn't enough people in the league to be doing that anyway

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Our 12 league thread that is still going is pretty much an exact duplicate of this one, with everyone excited about the update.

Ill check back around launch to see if you guys have any slots come open, specifically Miami. Ferny has played in my league in 11 and 12, so could vouch for me/play style.

What forum are you guys based out of?

And, please tell me Ferny dominated everyone.

LukeSmith

Played a half against 49ers, TE cheese still good, running feels so much better, playing MLB actually fun now as you don't get suctioned into OLine anymore.

Spent 20 minutes talking to dev guy. Game sounds amazing. So many improvements so many things we've wanted.

Hyped

So if someone gets fired, would they be able to just get an invite in game and take over the team again or will it not allow them to? I know we haven't decided that just yet but just wondering if that's possible.

Two possible approaches:
1. "Normal" - the fired user retires his current coach, say, Coach Carlos gets fired, and then he can create a new coach, Carlos II and return to his team.
2. "Hardcore" - if we have a waiting list this year, you go to the bottom of it and the first person on the list gets to bring a coach in (themselves).

Problems with approach 2 are numerous and not limited to, "it places a lot of trust in EA's firing logic"

But - the forum drama would be amazing

Ferny

The league started on IGN then moved to Bad Cartridge and is now Day One Patch I believe?

Sadly not quite. I was the Saints cause someone already had the Jets for some time. I always had pretty good starts but the trading was a bit more wide open than we had here and it was hard to keep up with all the stars being moved around. The people we're really cool though.

Ferny

Two possible approaches:
1. "Normal" - the fired user retires his current coach, say, Coach Carlos gets fired, and then he can create a new coach, Carlos II and return to his team.
2. "Hardcore" - if we have a waiting list this year, you go to the bottom of it and the first person on the list gets to bring a coach in (themselves).

Problems with approach 2 are numerous and not limited to, "it places a lot of trust in EA's firing logic"

But - the forum drama would be amazing
What if we did something like merging the two options. If the owner gets fired then we could have the shadow council vote on that performance in terms of activity and all that and then they could either be moved back down the list or brought back. That would be really interesting.

Somnia

What if we did something like merging the two options. If the owner gets fired then we could have the shadow council vote on that performance in terms of activity and all that and then they could either be moved back down the list or brought back. That would be really interesting.

Oh god the drama will be amazing because you know EA will fuck up and someone like BigAT will be fired year 1 after getting to the championship game :jnc

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I don't understand this, haven't really been keeping up with the updates.

Is there going to be a separate NFL Head Coach style league for us? That'd be sweet, just prepare to get completely dominated by me, regardless of team.

DMczaf

I don't understand this, haven't really been keeping up with the updates.

Is there going to be a separate NFL Head Coach style league for us? That'd be sweet, just prepare to get completely dominated by me, regardless of team.

People have been scared of you and your mythical book, but you haven't done shit in years. You are living off of past achievements more than a 30 year old RB.

Birdman02

I don't think someone should lose their spot in the league based on poor performance, but I think we could force them to take over a new team....assuming multiple people are fired each season (hopefully no-one loses their job after year 1).

I think coaches that aren't fired should get first shot at the available teams though if they want to switch...that might prevent potential tanking.

Ferny

I actually think it won't be that easy to get fired. If it's anything like other games that do something like it, like NCAA, then you gotta be truely bad and not hit any goals at all.

LukeSmith

People have been scared of you and your mythical book, but you haven't done shit in years. You are living off of past achievements more than a 30 year old RB.

1. Holy shit.

2. I read one of the changes this year is that "WR will actually beat the press."

Mrbob

DM with a huge dagger.

Wisconsin rated 99, and Marshall is going to crush the press for the Bears, Tiburon finally pushing stats in my favor for once!

BigAT

Subject to change is right. Donny will be secretly flipping the Bucs to 96 before the season starts!

Every Buc player gains 20 points after the first year. Progression!

Giants are rated higher than I expected them to be, tied for fourth. I was thinking that they would be the lowest rated Super Bowl Champions in the history of Madden. Actually, I wonder which team/year is.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

I took a team out of the dumpster and immediately made them better in a division against the guy that appeared in damn near every SB for the AFC. He was the one that actually kept knocking me out of the playoffs. Unfortunately for me, he gets the same boost that the Bucs get from Donny. Not much I can do.

Sorry if I disappoint you pal, but my team actually had bad breaks and issues to overcome. I was also so individually successful with my D that you guys are looking to change the rules.

jergrah

As Ferny mentioned, we were on IGN for a pretty long time. Most had been members there since early 2000s. As their boards turned to shit and mods started coming in our threads regularly it became a burden. A bunch of guys started up a site called BadCartridge so we moved the thread there. At some point the owners had a falling out, so split ways and the message board moved to a new site called dayonepatch.com -- and they moved all of our stuff for us. It's a small site, but mods don't bother us and our full group made the move so it works.

Ferny did pretty good over there -- he was the Saints. I think he made the playoffs a few times?

We have a nice mix of guys, some really good and some pretty bad, but everyone plays within our rules and has fun. Our rules are basically don't play like a dick, if a real coach would punt/kick, you should as well.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
2. I read one of the changes this year is that "WR will actually beat the press."

Wow that sucks. I'll never be able to figure out defense again.

Face it, you're the guy that sits at Papa Welli's feet asking for what I do on D, try to mimic it, and fail. It's why you went so hard at accusing me of cheating. I told you exactly what I was doing with my DL and LBs and you couldn't make it work. Proof is in the pudding from season 1 and 2 stats:

Hv3Wg.jpg

ODqEj.jpg

I take nothing away from you on offense but please fuck off when discussing D with me.

Ferny

I care about the ratings for about five seconds, then I remember that Rors and company win with dirt.
That is true. It just seemed like the ratings we're a little on the low side. But at the end of the day Tebow will be our savior and score 20 pts a game for me on his own!

BigAT

Actually I take it back. I went back over the previous five years of Madden and the only Super Bowl winner to be rated worse relative to other teams than this year's Giants were...surprise, surprise, the 07-08 Giants team.

Super Bowl Winner - Rating - Ranking Overall
Packers - 92 - #1
Saints - 91 - #1
Steelers - 92 - #2
Giants - 94 - #T-5
Colts - 94 - #3

No respect.

rodney-dangerfield-04.jpg

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Actually I take it back. I went back over the previous five years of Madden and the only Super Bowl winner to be rated worse relative to other teams than this year's Giants were...surprise, surprise, the 07-08 Giants team.

Super Bowl Winner - Rating - Ranking Overall
Packers - 92 - #1
Saints - 91 - #1
Steelers - 92 - #2
Giants - 94 - #T-5
Colts - 94 - #3

No respect.

rodney-dangerfield-04.jpg

to be fair, the fact that there are zero teams in the 90's shows that their system for ratings have changed.

BigAT

to be fair, the fact that there are zero teams in the 90's shows that their system for ratings have changed.

Sure, that's why I'm using overall ranking relative to the other top teams as the metric.

It is interesting to see though that they have dropped the baseline so low for the best teams. Mid 80s used to be an average team, bordering on poor.

Top Bottom