• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Did I see you playing Dust 514 yesterday on PSN?

attempted to, yeah...

Seeing people talk about how ruthless CCP is in finding NDA breakers, I don't want to be murdered by Russians.

Unless it's Hot Communist Babes.

BigAT

I never really had trucking work, but I also never saw any huge pops from the hitstick, dunno what's going on there.

I've seen this a lot in impressions, that trucking isn't really effective and speed backs are better than bigger ones. Hopefully it's something that gets tweaked before release.

LukeSmith

I wonder what i can use my XP for regarding the cap.

to soon? Lol

DCX

127274168_crop_650x440.jpg

And? To use the word keep its to assume I have brought it all the time. That's my first attempt at even addressing it without it being a defense based off of someone else's troll or truth or whatever the kids use these days.

DCX
I never used the word keep. It just annoys me how you act like it's nothing w/e it is brought up, maybe you don't bring it up all the time but you did this time. I'm the one trollin' though.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Oh hey lets joke about things we did that pissed a whole league off and almost got us kicked out!

DCX

DCX
Think its time we got over it. Especially you deer hunter. Maybe we need to chat in a moderated space to air out what pains you so.

DCX

eznark

Banned
Think its time we got over it. Especially you deer hunter. Maybe we need to chat in a moderated space to air out what pains you so.

DCX

You're the only one who bring it up anymore you fucking clown. I get that you're proud of it but maybe if you stopped flicking your feces in everyone's face people would "get over it."

CB3

There is no we, bruh. There is us, and there is you. You being the one that fucked up. So you dont get to have a say when we get over it. Making snide jokes about it is not helping your cause.

bluemax

Banned
Okay so my impressions:

I played a half on All Pro as Seahawks vs 49ers, I won the toss and deferred starting out on defense. As a test I decided to try playing MLB (who by default for the Seahawks is Barett Ruud, no Tampa bias there eh Donny). The first thing I noticed is that I never felt auto suctioned into the line. I was always able to read and react to the play and generally be in a position to attempt a tackle.

CPU Alex Smith still felt hyper accurate, but this was offset by very realistic conservative play calling by the 49ers. His first two completions went for a whopping 8 yards and I forced a 3 and out. Punt returns seem better, and even though a guy was close to Washington after I caught it I was able to beat him and pick up some pretty good yardage. I think that one return was better than all my punt returns last year combined.

My first run on offense was that kind where normally your guy gets stood up in the backfield and ends up on his back, this time though Beast Mode fought through it (and not in that BS LeRon James WTF just happened style shrug off) and turn it into a 10 yard gain. In general I found the results of running more realistic and the animations looked A LOT better. I didn't call a lot of running plays but running was actually a lot more fun than in years past. Even on plays where you get stuffed or didn't gain yards it feels more right. There's less "how am I supposed to run the ball at all?" and more "yeah the defense had the right play there".

On passing, I still had plenty of success with the kind of tight end routes I used last year. My second pass to Zach Miller went for 60 yards and a TD. I tried some routes to outside WRs I have had problems with in the past and the new timing system helped a lot. I didn't complete all of them, but I felt like I had a better understanding of why I didn't complete them than I ever had in the past. Offensive lines are also a lot better at forming pockets and staying in them and stepping up obviously has rewards.

Related to this, I asked the dev guy who was there about things like QBs with good acc who can drop back to avoid sacks and throw from 30 yards behind the line of scrimmage. He said that the new passing system will make this hard as icons will become greyed out and their accuracy will suffer greatly. You will be punished for making JaMarcus textbook back foot throws. He said people will still likely be able to drop back and avoid sacks but their ability to complete passes will be hampered. Oh, and they've tried to make QB ratings more meaningful, so you can't throw on the run with Peyton Manning like he's Prime Joe Montana or something.

Also, spider sense DBs have been "toned down" and corrected. The guy there told me they knew all about that problem (and the problem with LBers) and they've made steps towards correcting/improving it. I got the impression that there will be some of it still but hopefully less so than in the past.

The new/old kick meter didn't seem too bad. I was a little weak on most of my kicks but they still traveled decent distances. Kickoff returns actually went past the 15 yard line.

That's about it for gameplay type stuff. I asked about draft classes and progression. The old style progression is all gone and replaced with the system Splat already detailed. As for draft classes there are 30 pre made classes, however they are dynamic for each franchise. IE the first draft might have a stud QB from USC who is projected to go #1. In one person's franchise he might dominate, have great numbers and stay #1. In another person's he might get hurt and then his stock will drop etc. Also player ratings vary by your philosophies and such, so Wellie might rate guys with okay speed but high hit power really high whereas on my draft board they might show up as lower rated players because I value speed more or something. You get the idea.

Franchise website is totally revamped this year. I mentioned how we'd been using League Manager and the guy knew all about it and some of the others and was like "Yeah those sites are good and all but we wanted ours to be better, to be the only one you need". I forget all the features he said it would have, but it sounded like pretty much everything you've wanted to be able to do to your team while not at your 360 you'll be able to do from the new website.

Whew, yeah I think that's all. I probably forgot bunch but my hype meter went way up after talking to the guy. Of the three or so years Ive been going and pestering EA Sports guys about Madden this guy was by far the best one I've talked too.

Oh! And they had player ratings all obscured and you couldn't do much in terms of subs or even change your depth chart while in game. I do remember that Randy Moss was the slot receiver for the 49ers which seemed somewhat evil. Matt Flynn was the starting QB for Seattle with BMW (who still has it on slant routes) and Rice as the WR and Winslow and Miller at TEs. Flynn was pretty accurate but didn't have the most zip, however I still had long TD passes to Doug Baldwin and Zach Miller (although most of Millers came after the catch).

It'd be nice if that had a coach's pool that you could fill with your people on the "waiting list".

For example, if I found that I had the time to play in the league this year then I could start out in the coach's pool (waiting list) and then when DCX gets fired, the Falcons could then hire me.

DCX

DCX
It'd be nice if that had a coach's pool that you could fill with your people on the "waiting list".

For example, if I found that I had the time to play in the league this year then I could start out in the coach's pool (waiting list) and then when DCX gets fired, the Falcons could then hire me.
That would be awesome!!

DCX

McNei1y

SC2 related: Is this new shit for multiplayer? Or is the MP staying the same genuinely?

On Madden 13: Am I gonna hafta trade me ridiculous picks if I'm the Skins? Fucking RGIII

CB3

SC2 related: Is this new shit for multiplayer? Or is the MP staying the same genuinely?

On Madden 13: Am I gonna hafta trade me ridiculous picks if I'm the Skins? Fucking RGIII

When you are the skins, you'll have to pay the price! Thank FMT for that one.

Mrbob

Yeah it is all multi related. I'm glad Blizzard had a change of heart. Their original plan was to only make the expansions campaign related with no multi changes. Looking at the past, the original SC multi was good but raw. It wasn't until Brood War that it really came together. I think the same thing about SC2 multi. It is good but still raw. Looking forward to seeing all the changes being made.

McNei1y

When you are the skins, you'll have to pay the price! Thank FMT for that one.

Hopefully the game gives the Redskins a ridiculous amount of money so I can be Dan Snyder and sign bad players on shitty contracts. That'll fill the void of not having a number 1 pick for a year or two.

Yeah it is all multi related. I'm glad Blizzard had a change of heart. Their original plan was to only make the expansion campaign related with no multi changes. Looking at the past, the original SC multi was good but raw. It wasn't until Brood War that it really came together. I think the same thing about SC2 multi. It is good but still raw. Looking forward to seeing all the changes being made.

Excellent... I recall them saying they'd only do campaign too so this is refreshing to hear.

When we gonna have a Madden GAF 8 man FFA?

LukeSmith

Um yes. Rams owner is getting an embarrassment of riches in the form of Redskins Owner's next N drafts.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Hopefully the game gives the Redskins a ridiculous amount of money so I can be Dan Snyder and sign bad players on shitty contracts. That'll fill the void of not having a number 1 pick for a year or two.

didn't they say that we'd be enforcing dallas and washington's cap penalties?

Mrbob

Yeah but you are gonna have one of the cheesiest QB rushers to ever hit Madden. I was messing with RG3 in NCAA and he is a beast when he takes off running.

McNei1y

Yeah but you are gonna have one of the cheesiest QB rushers to ever hit Madden. I was messing with RG3 in NCAA and he is a beast when he takes off running.

This, I can't wait for. I won't be super cheesy with em but I will use it. I want CB3 to suffer for what he did to my defense.

CB3

having had a running QB in madden since i started seriously playing it with Madden 03, i think im pretty well versed on defending such things.

Mrbob

This, I can't wait for. I won't be super cheesy with em but I will use it. I want CB3 to suffer for what he did to my defense.

That's what you say now, but when it's 3rd and 5 with the game on the line you'll go full FMT Mode and rush for that first down with RG3!

McNei1y

having had a running QB in madden since i started seriously playing it with Madden 03, i think im pretty well versed on defending such things.

You're just saying that so I won't use it because you have no clue how to stop it.

That's what you say now, but when it's 3rd and 5 with the game on the line you'll go full FMT Mode and rush for that first down with RG3!

You're probably right. I scrambled with Ponder quite a lot last year actually lol. Having RGIII will only be much more tempting. But the way I look at it: If I can't complete a screen pass then I might as well abuse the scrambling... right?

Top Bottom