• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
66Nvc.jpg

How the fuck are the Texans a 78?

I Can't believe I typed that.

Ramirez

Wow that sucks. I'll never be able to figure out defense again.

Face it, you're the guy that sits at Papa Welli's feet asking for what I do on D, try to mimic it, and fail. It's why you went so hard at accusing me of cheating. I told you exactly what I was doing with my DL and LBs and you couldn't make it work. Proof is in the pudding from season 1 and 2 stats:

http://i.imgur.com/Hv3Wg.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ODqEj.jpg[/IMG

I take nothing away from you on offense but please fuck off when discussing D with me.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii239/TJRamirez3/ohsnap.gif

DCX

DCX
Yeah, having the Redskins just as good as a 13-3 Saints team (even accounting for the suspensions) seems absurd.

Having the Falcons rated better than the Saints is also absurd, just trying to be a realist about these ratings.

DCX

Splat

Spent 20 min getting details from Looman today, progession covered, some commish stuff covered, will post when home.

LukeSmith

I doubt that it'll work, but let's dream for a second:

NCAA 13 rosters could be imported into Madden 13, making the drafts real and using real players (finally!).

Even better, we import the rosters from our NCAA 13 league, and FMT or Commisioner Me saves the rosters each year in order so that as our Madden dynasty advances, we can import the next rookie class from NCAA.

Would be God Tier

LukeSmith

Wow that sucks. I'll never be able to figure out defense again.

Face it, you're the guy that sits at Papa Welli's feet asking for what I do on D, try to mimic it, and fail. It's why you went so hard at accusing me of cheating. I told you exactly what I was doing with my DL and LBs and you couldn't make it work. Proof is in the pudding from season 1 and 2 stats:

Hv3Wg.jpg

ODqEj.jpg

I take nothing away from you on offense but please fuck off when discussing D with me.

Look how defensive you get, I said nothing other than EA admitted the press was rigged and said dudes would finally beat it.

Why are you posting pictures of your "help the CPU DE get sacks" thing? I'm confused

If you're posting pictures, why don't you post the ones of the 30+ sack seasons, too? It's k, I got it

SIM LEAGUE

XUAuC.jpg

Oz3yG.jpg

Next time DM drops you off in the trashcan, don't involve me in your sore behind

GCQuinton

I doubt that it'll work, but let's dream for a second:

NCAA 13 rosters could be imported into Madden 13, making the drafts real and using real players (finally!).

Even better, we import the rosters from our NCAA 13 league, and FMT or Commisioner Me saves the rosters each year in order so that as our Madden dynasty advances, we can import the next rookie class from NCAA.

Would be God Tier

They've already said the importing draft classes is gone this year because of CC, but yeah, I've been dreaming of that myself since they brought dynasty and franchise online. It wouldn't work the way it's currently in the game since you import them after the season, but I could see them doing what College Hoops/NBA 2K used to do and have you import the class before the season starts. Or maybe let you do it at the beginning based on projections for scouting and after the season based on what happened during the college season.

Mrbob

Carter Stone RIP.

I wish we could transfer one or two players from previous Madden to the new game. I'd grab Brooks and Stone!

Rorschach

did you not see the numbers up there

Oh, I didn't see the ones Luke posted. Those look to be DEs. And was that by the time that super rookies had reached broken tier and half the games were cpu/sims/sanjuro-style-I-don't-give-a-shit-here's-20-sacks-and-20-INTs?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Oh, I didn't see the ones Luke posted. Those look to be DEs. And was that by the time that super rookies had reached broken tier and half the games were cpu/sims/sanjuro-style-I-don't-give-a-shit-here's-20-sacks-and-20-INTs?

Those DE's were played at DT

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
So you don't see a correlation with DEs playing DT? It's just manual DL play? K.

Having went up against enough people that use DT, yes, user play is the main issue. Which was amplified by speedy DE's being manually controlled at that position.

Regardless, they way they are talking about ratings for guys out of position seems like it will kill atleast half of the issue. And ill follow behind luke to kill the other half of the problem if need be.

Splat

Y'all are scurred.

Anyways, shit I learned today:

When you're running an online franchise how we are (everyone's a coach):

Per the screenshots on the previous pages, you can turn off firings.

All progression is based on performance and meeting goals. Coaches have goals and players have goals. Even in coach mode, each single player has goals, and exp they earn that goes into their exp bucket. You can see a list of all your players, and all their buckets on a screen.

To progress a player, you spend the exp on a stat "package". This wasn't clear, but I'm assuming a package is more than one stat, but generally the better ones are more expensive: ie; easy to raise awareness. more expensive to raise tackle/hitpower, crazy expensive to raise speed. I think he said it gets more expensive the higher the values are (makes sense), and maybe a discount for younger players so that theres more progression in the first few years of a career. He also said that the physical attributes get tougher to raise the older a player is, which is pretty cool. Basically you might have to save up 3 seasons of exp to raise an older player's speed by one. Older players getting better at the mental part of the game, as opposed to getting faster all of a sudden. So it sounds like min/max grinding an all hitpower team would be counter productive.

Coach exp is spent in different places, with one of the examples giving you a boost to convincing your old vet QB to not retire after the season, and stuff like that.

All the ground contact detection is via physics now, which lets you roll over people, or go down earlier.

As mentioned earlier, auto-pilot is in, which is awesome.

What's also fucking awesome? If everyone hits ready after their game, the league will auto-advance without us needing to yell at the commish to log on. This is awesomeeeeee.

Minor notes from playing some more:

Saw a few more funny things from physics but nothing game breaking or super terrible.

The jam at the line on punter returns is much better, you have a bit more time to set up blockers now. Saw a number of kick returns out past the 30, as well.

Shit I didn't know and don't know if it's new or if I'm just dumb: There's 3 throw types? Tap for lob, hold through release for bullet, and hold for a bit but release before the throw for intermediate? Lob passed on screens/drags have also been revamped so they're not dumb looking floater passes, and you can run lobs on shorter routes now, instead of all bullet all the time for success.

I never really had trucking work, but I also never saw any huge pops from the hitstick, dunno what's going on there.

The linking to twitter is pretty cool. I think you can have a league feed that posts all results as they happen, as well as commish messages (ie: advancing @ 4pm or whatever).

Fantasy draft is cut from the league this year.

Saw some Kinect voice audible stuff demo'd. Seemed like it worked for shift/audibles/hotroutes etc all by player name ie: "Crabtree Streak", though I don't know how much use it'd get in practice.

I am so goddamn hyped now it's dumb.

BigAT

Out slants were the fades, right?

No, it was literally just slants run towards the sidelines instead of in. It was probably too effective when some people ran them with TEs/slot receivers, but their reasoning for taking it out is because it just isn't a route that is run in real football.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
No, it was literally just slants run towards the sidelines instead of in. It was probably too effective when some people ran them with TEs/slot receivers, but their reasoning for taking it out is because it just isn't a route that is run in real football.

will lessen wr picks too, no one really tried to exploit that in our league but it can be pretty annoying.

Hilarious that the giants had to win a superbowl just to be equal overall to the eagles.

Top Bottom