• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

BigAT

A megaton bigger than all of E3 is being unveiled tonight. Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm multi player to be unveiled at the current MLG event:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=477661

1zwhrwzk5f7l.gif

McNei1y

I ran a bunch of successful screens at E3, definitely easier to get off than last year.

Good to hear. I was a failure last year.

i didnt think they were hard to pull off last year. unless you are talking about WR screens, i never use those

I only had trouble because my line was complete garbage. My screens would result in:

-Overthrown ball
-Ball hitting AP in the back of the head
-Sacked
-Sacked and Fumbled
-Sacked, Fumbled, and returned for a TD

and I think I had maybe 2 successful out of probably 30 attempts.

Splat

The guy specifically talked about how trying to throw lobs to the flats ended up with the ball being overthrown all the time, and how that figured into the trajectories.

Anyways, has there always been 3 different throw strengths?

edit: other thing I asked is if you can use custom rosters to start the league with, and you can't, it always starts with latest. Gonna have to wait for end of preseason :(

McNei1y

edit: other thing I asked is if you can use custom rosters to start the league with, and you can't, it always starts with latest. Gonna have to wait for end of preseason :(

Not that I know of. I just knew that it was lob and then bullet.

Well someone already said that the game (luke?) was being released at the end of August which is pretty much the end of preseason anyway. Hopefully the rosters adjust ASAP so we can start immediately.

BigAT

The guy specifically talked about how trying to throw lobs to the flats ended up with the ball being overthrown all the time, and how that figured into the trajectories.

It used to be two pass strengths. Frozen rope bullet pass that never got higher than 6 feet off the ground even if you were throwing a deep post or super-rainbow lob that hung in the air for 4-5 seconds.

This year they're adding the intermediate option and also making the lob more realistic so that it doesn't stay up with hangtime worthy of a punt.

I wish there was a way to scale goals for players. Mainly LBs because in the real nfl you'd expect a top lb to get 120+ tackles but in our league 60 is about the most you'd see in a season. Oh well!

Rorschach

I tried to play some Madden today. Holy shit. I couldn't beat the CPU. Rough times ahead. At least I have actual draft picks this year. :|

I have found that Dark Souls makes me better at all games if it's in my rotation. I think that the discipline is having a good effect on me.

Went to the Marlins game today. Shula threw out the first pitch, he is really getting old. They had to 3 point turn to park this thing in line with the mound so he could just get out of the golf cart and throw the pitch without having to take a step. He didn't even seem to stand he threw it so fast (motion wise, not ball speed) and instantly gets back in the cart. :(

I'm sure it'll be on LeBatard tomorrow.

LukeSmith

Birdles already said he will trade me pwill for brees or whoever I end up with!

And that brings up another question. Now that we have real cap penalties, will the knights trade approval committee be needed?

Yes, because it's still a sim league. Like Drew Brees on the heels of the contract he's about to sign isn't getting dealt, and neither is Patrick Willis, the heart and soul of the niners defense.

eznark

Banned
No one would ever trade Herschel Walker so trade denied.

Packers would never trade Brett Favre, heart and soul of the state! Trade denied.

GCQuinton

Birdles already said he will trade me pwill for brees or whoever I end up with!

And that brings up another question. Now that we have real cap penalties, will the knights trade approval committee be needed?

I personally don't think so. If people wanna risk running their teams and cap into the ground with questionable trades, let 'em.

McNei1y

Did you win?

You better have won, and in Wellington style where you just pick the guy up who had the tickets and he shits himself

Yea. The shitty thing was that I had no reason to be in it since my friends friend was causin the problem. I was trying to keep shit calm but unfortunately i got sucker punched twice. I did ,however, dodge a third one and pin the dude against a wall where i wailed on him for a good 30 seconds.

Ahhhh fun times.

eznark

Banned
The Saints gave up what for Rickie? C'mon, be serious that shit would never happen in real life. The NFL is supposed to be a sim league, knock it off Ditka.

Good one Josh, selection denied. Tebow will go in the third where he belongs. And stop trading all your picks Bill, what the fuck no one would ever put a 5'10" WR at corner. Fuckers we are tryin to be realistic!

TheCrow

Crow is slacking....he is supposed to be setting it up!
I got to touch the great marineking yesterday. He started taking pictures because his last match was delayed. I ran across the players area to make it in time. Line ended up being huge.

Also met polt and bumped into choya. Hopefully I can at least get a picture with leenock and mc today.

BigAT

Did you win?
images

Nobody ever wins a fight.

I got to touch the great marineking yesterday. He started taking pictures because his last match was delayed. I ran across the players area to make it in time. Line ended up being huge.

Also met polt and bumped into choya. Hopefully I can at least get a picture with leenock and mc today.

Watch yourself, Yoshi may lose his shit and murder you out of jealousy.

TheCrow

Watch yourself, Yoshi may lose his shit and murder you out of jealousy.
Will get another picture today. He played fantastic yesterday. Was in the fourth row for his series against symbol. Game 2 was great and the crowd was completely behind mkp. After he beat dream off stream he did a fist pump and got congratulated by all the pros including Fantasy who watched the entire series.

Ferny

I personally don't think so. If people wanna risk running their teams and cap into the ground with questionable trades, let 'em.
Yeah I don't see why it would be a problem with the game already having the cap with real contracts. Especially when you can also throw in picks.

BigAT

I'm still of the opinion that some of you need to be saved from yourselves.

I'm not saying that every transaction needs to go through a council, but there will likely be some especially egregious mistakes that the Angel of Stern should step in and shut down.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
How do you get sucker punched twice, McNeily? Cmon!

Lol yes they do!

I owe a 2nd rounder to Wellington no matter who he uses :(
Thanks but no thanks pal.

I'm not saying that every transaction needs to go through a council, but there will likely be some especially egregious mistakes that the Angel of Stern should step in and shut down.
Agreed

Mrbob

FMT should give me (GIVE ME) Randy Moss in Madden 13 as penance for the trade he blocked years ago. I had Moss for one ok player and one scrub, DEAL WAS AGREED and then the council denies it. Never forget!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker

Football reasons

eznark

Banned

tumblr_m2flfiERsf1r4fycuo1_500.jpg

Rorschach

If we're doing the coach firing thing, I don't see a problem with this. Run your team into the ground? No longer your team. :)

[edit] like inn those examples above. Those coaches got fired. :D

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
If we're doing the coach firing thing, I don't see a problem with this. Run your team into the ground? No longer your team. :)

[edit] like inn those examples above. Those coaches got fired. :D

If its anything like NCAA its gonna take alot to get fired. i wouldnt expect too many. Livewire is the only one in any real trouble.

DMczaf

If its anything like NCAA its gonna take alot to get fired. i wouldnt expect too many. Livewire is the only one in any real trouble.

But in NCAA, we played CPU teams for 70% of our schedules so we could avoid getting fired.

Madden, you gotta man up every week even if it's MrBob that week!

Top Bottom