• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

Mrbob

Kamiya is a master of action games. The only part I don't like right now is going to the tablet screen when you go indoors. I have a plasma tv, and I don't want a static image on screen for a long time.

Splat

Kamiya is a master of action games. The only part I don't like right now is going to the tablet screen when you go indoors. I have a plasma tv, and I don't want a static image on screen for a long time.

When you go inside, the outside screen still moves a little, just much slower since you're only minorly moving inside.

Rorschach

That game looks promising, but I hate all the gimmicks you have to build into games to make use of peripherals. Zelda is annoying the crap out of me right now with the wiimote. Well, mostly it's that dumb robot bitch who won't shut the fuck up and all the damn tutorials and unskippable dialogue, but also the shoehorned in controls. Hopefully, wii-u zelda just uses the whole thing as a minimap like DS games used to.

Mrbob

I had hoped Nintendo would offer a Wii U version of Skyward Sword, but they don't seem to be interested in doing so. Which is a shame, because I would buy it. I don't want to waggle while playing Zelda. Plus I'd rather have the game be at least 720P native.

I think the Day Z mod for Arma 2 will get spun into its own game.

TheCrow

Day z game is years away. Would just try the mod if you're really interested.

Mkp destroying nerds in front of me.
jA67URJQDxKlH.jpg

Rorschach

Finally have a chance to watch some of these Madden videos. Just watched the presentation with Irvin. The animations look a little rough in slow motion, but they look so good in real time.

DCX

DCX
Finally have a chance to watch some of these Madden videos. Just watched the presentation with Irvin. The animations look a little rough in slow motion, but they look so good in real time.

Yea, i got the same impression. I'm just happy that more of what we see is what will happen. Hopefully no more morphing and clipping.

DCX

Rorschach

"No more LBs covering WRs...." Finally! Wish they'd give us back man lock, but at least that LB thing is gone.

Looks like suction balls are still in for catches.

August 28? That's so late! :(

LukeSmith

I got to touch the great marineking yesterday. He started taking pictures because his last match was delayed. I ran across the players area to make it in time. Line ended up being huge.

Also met polt and bumped into choya. Hopefully I can at least get a picture with leenock and mc today.

what the fuck
I am so embarrassed for you

Mrbob

You guys are brutal!

Super late to the party but I finished the original Ass Creed on PC last night. I really enjoyed the game more than I thought I would. Altair almost feels like a better Batman than Batman himself! Traversing the rooftops, stealthily taking dudes out never got old. It had a couple problems though. The game is way over animated and makes for some janky transitions at times, especially when you are trying to run away and using the environment. Also the last hour flips into this lame ass linear action game and fighting a bunch of dudes at once isn't the game's strong point. The story concept from the first game seem great, but I don't know if UBI can execute this properly. By the time I get to Revelations I worry it will be a giant cluster. Onto Assassins Creed 2 this week!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
You should have just skipped 1 and started at 2. Playing 1, 2, Brotherhood, and Revelations before AC3 comes out is gonna burn you out

Mrbob

You're probably right, but I never got bored doing the same repetitious missions of the first game. I only own 1, 2, and Brotherhood at the moment. I bought all three under 10 dollars in a Steam sale, and will wait for a huge sale for Revelations before I get it. I probably won't get to 3 this year and wait on a sale as well. I figure to try and stay a year behind on this series and save some money!

You can truly skip 1 before playing 2 if you want, because there is a cut scene going over all the major plot points of the first game at the beginning of part two. However, you miss all the small details and I think this helps flesh out the real world stuff better. I don't know for certain, but I think playing Altair's story will pay off some time in a future game.

CB3

You're probably right, but I never got bored doing the same repetitious missions of the first game. I only own 1, 2, and Brotherhood at the moment. I bought all three under 10 dollars in a Steam sale, and will wait for a huge sale for Revelations before I get it. I probably won't get to 3 this year and wait on a sale as well. I figure to try and stay a year behind on this series and save some money!

You can truly skip 1 before playing 2 if you want, because there is a cut scene going over all the major plot points of the first game at the beginning of part two. However, you miss all the small details and I think this helps flesh out the real world stuff better.

Not really. Since Altair isnt a a huge plot point going forward, AC1 is more for learning about Desmond and the Templar's. AC2 and forward is where it really gets popping with the boss Ezio

Mrbob

I've seen some trolling of Ezio online and I didn't get it. I thought of people liked him better than Altair. Can't wait to dig into Assassin's Creed 2 now if the Ezio arc is where the story truly takes off. In retrospect the first game did seem like one big tease of something bigger going on that you know little about.

CB3

Are Brotherhood and Revelations worth playing? AC2 is the only one in the series I've played so far.

If you plan on playing AC3 at some point, you should. Brotherhood added alot of features. You can probably find both for dirt cheap at this point.

Speaking of dirt, Bestbuy has Dirt 3 for $15 bucks after coupon. is that worth it? I need something to fill the giant hole Rally Sport Challenge left in my heart.

Smokey

Speaking of dirt, Bestbuy has Dirt 3 for $15 bucks after coupon. is that worth it? I need something to fill the giant hole Rally Sport Challenge left in my heart.

I'd say so. I liked Dirt 3 quite a bit. Nothing else out that is similar unless you want to try and 'play' GT5 (lol).

The new Dirt looks like hot garbage and shouldn't even share the name, so Dirt 3 may be the last of it's kind for awhile.

TheCrow

what the fuck
I am so embarrassed for you
:(

MLG was great besides mkp not winning it all, third is respectable. Bumped into Tokido a lot and even got a picture with him. Which was great because I had no idea he was going to be here. Was on stream a couple times, will try to get some caps later.

Smokey

I saw Prometheus last night. Then read a couple of pages into the Unmarked spoilers thread.

Ridley what have u done

Also DAT
abortion
scene in the movie o_O

DMczaf

I saw Prometheus last night. Then read a couple of pages into the Unmarked spoilers thread.

Ridley what have u done

Also DAT
abortion
scene in the movie o_O

I sorta liked it after seeing it, then I started thinking about the plot holes, and reading more about it....wtf Ridley Scott. I hope Blade Runner 2 has a better script...

McNei1y

I would have moved out.

Funny story. I live in a basement room of a 5 bedroom house. When I moved in, the room looked like a prison cell and a graveyard to dead insects. There was a desk in the room sitting against a wall. I dragged it away and I immediately saw a Hunter Spider crawl towards me. My roommate caught it in a cup and threw it outside but after that moment, I second guessed choosing the basement if I was going to deal with this shit. Since then, I really haven't had problems aside fromt he random crickets and ants. I did have a mouse in my room once but it ran out of my room.

The spider was nuts though. It crawled down from my window and was on the wall. It then jumped onto my desk and was going ape shit. It jumped onto the floor and was so fast. It was about the size of a 50 cent quarter jont. Fucking spiders man. I dreamt about them last night after that. They really are things nightmares are made of.

Ferny

I can't stand any bugs coming into my bedroom. I don't have a fear of spiders but living in Florida, we have way to many! I recently had a situation like yours and it took me like 30 mins to kill it. I can't just let them stick around so I get on a mission to murder them quickly!!

CB3

the worst is when the get into a corner of a wall and just sit there. you cant get a good hit on them

Ferny

the worst is when the get into a corner of a wall and just sit there. you cant get a good hit on them
YES!

One time I hit one with a broom and figured it got away cause it wasn't there and I didn't see it on the end of the broom. I toss the broom on the kitchen wall like usual and BOOM it flew out the bottom and seriously was coming after me like he was gonna fuck me up. I said forget this and smashed it on the carpet...then it's babies came out :-/

FML

LukeSmith

I sorta liked it after seeing it, then I started thinking about the plot holes, and reading more about it....wtf Ridley Scott. I hope Blade Runner 2 has a better script...

I thought the writing was awful. Really, really Biologist guy? Really? Characters didn't behave how I'd expect them to at all.

The "world" and production design was great, but the writing was about what I'd expect from a guy who worked on Lost, Cowboys and Aliens and some other crap.

McNei1y

YES!

One time I hit one with a broom and figured it got away cause it wasn't there and I didn't see it on the end of the broom. I toss the broom on the kitchen wall like usual and BOOM it flew out the bottom and seriously was coming after me like he was gonna fuck me up. I said forget this and smashed it on the carpet...then it's babies came out :-/

FML

Ughhh did it have that baby sac? That shit freaks me out.

Mrbob

I'd agree there were some strange writing choices (Hello dude with the cool mapping system getting lost!), but I really enjoyed Prometheus. I'm hopeful it does well enough to earn a sequel. Because if there isn't one then I'll be angry.

Sanjuro

I'd agree there were some strange writing choices (Hello dude with the cool mapping system getting lost!), but I really enjoyed Prometheus. I'm hopeful it does well enough to earn a sequel. Because if there isn't one then I'll be angry.

You nailed it.

NOzR1.gif

Top Bottom