• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

Nightz

What do you do when it crawls back up the pipe and into your mouth while you're sleeping?

Spiders don't bother me, snakes however...

Got a vacuum cleaner with a water filter :). You can see the spider struggle and drown in the water to make sure it's dead.

I sorta liked it after seeing it, then I started thinking about the plot holes, and reading more about it....wtf Ridley Scott. I hope Blade Runner 2 has a better script...

Please.... no Ridley, don't do it!!

I thought the writing was awful. Really, really Biologist guy? Really? Characters didn't behave how I'd expect them to at all.

The "world" and production design was great, but the writing was about what I'd expect from a guy who worked on Lost, Cowboys and Aliens and some other crap.

Unfortunate truth -_-

I finally took a real look at the movie and had to get over my boner for the Alien movies and Fassbender to accept the truth. I really liked it, still. Flawed, but wnderful

I'd agree there were some strange writing choices (Hello dude with the cool mapping system getting lost!), but I really enjoyed Prometheus. I'm hopeful it does well enough to earn a sequel. Because if there isn't one then I'll be angry.

Its called Alien ;-)

I want a real sequel too, with a legitimate script writer!

DMczaf

I thought the writing was awful. Really, really Biologist guy? Really? Characters didn't behave how I'd expect them to at all.

The "world" and production design was great, but the writing was about what I'd expect from a guy who worked on Lost, Cowboys and Aliens and some other crap.

"I traveled for 2 years, I'm not here to make friends. I'm here to make money."

*leaves job 5 minutes in*

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
:(

MLG was great besides mkp not winning it all, third is respectable. Bumped into Tokido a lot and even got a picture with him. Which was great because I had no idea he was going to be here. Was on stream a couple times, will try to get some caps later.

My brother watches MLG matches like all day, my mom finally asked him last night when we were both at my parents house for dinner wtf he was watching... it was entertaining watching him explain what Starcraft is and why people watch the matches to a 60 year old dominican lady.

*Insect stories*

I am so glad I live in the north east.

:(

MLG was great besides mkp not winning it all, third is respectable. Bumped into Tokido a lot and even got a picture with him. Which was great because I had no idea he was going to be here. Was on stream a couple times, will try to get some caps later.

The Murderface! Was it as magical as I imagine meeting him would be?

LukeSmith

"I traveled for 2 years, I'm not here to make friends. I'm here to make money."

*leaves job 5 minutes in*

Yeah that line was probably on a sticky note on a whiteboard somewhere with like some chicken scrawl that reads:

ESTABLISH AS ROUGH BADASS
"<line>"

and then that got written.

Then another sticky note later had:

ESTABLISH AS GEOLOGICAL EXPERT, WITH COOL TECH (DOGS?)
"his toys are called Dogs, this is cool, personification of technology is awesome. POTENTIAL THEME"

And I just don't know what the fuck they were thinking about the whole getting lost thing. Your fucking "pets" mapped the entire thing.

DMczaf

Yeah that line was probably on a sticky note on a whiteboard somewhere with like some chicken scrawl that reads:

"<line>"

"his toys are called Dogs, this is cool, personification of technology is awesome. POTENTIAL THEME"

And I just don't know what the fuck they were thinking about the whole getting lost thing. Your fucking "pets" mapped the entire thing.

Not to mention, they have a fucking live feed communication with the ship.

ugh

BigAT

I was excited for Prometheus until I discovered that Damon Lindelof had written it. LOST became such a steaming pile of shit and was so poorly written that it completely killed any hype I had for the movie. I still haven't seen it. I'm sure I will check it out at some point, but at the moment I have very little desire to.

Also, anyone have an opinion one way or the other on Civ 5? Thinking about picking it up.

eznark

Banned
I was excited for Prometheus until I discovered that Damon Lindelof had written it. LOST became such a steaming pile of shit and was so poorly written that it completely killed any hype I had for the movie. I still haven't seen it. I'm sure I will check it out at some point, but at the moment I have very little desire to.

Also, anyone have an opinion one way or the other on Civ 5? Thinking about picking it up.

If you like strategy games, play Civ IV. If you like puzzle games play Civ V.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

I was a huge LOST fan for the first 2-3 seasons, the writing got so convoluted and tried to force the ol' "HEY GUYS, THIS IS SYMBOLISM." that the show just turned me off. I finished it but man it could have been so gud.

eznark

Banned
And yeah comparing anything to Lost completely extinguishes any interest I had in it. It'll go into my blu ray backlog scifi along with Blue Furries and Blind Eli.

Colasante

"<line>"

Some of those character inconsistencies are so glaring, there simply must be deleted scenes that in some small way explain the large changes. Even if there are, it doesn't excuse the problems from appearing on screen, but it would make it more understandable that such poor characterization made it all the way to the final product. That being said, I enjoyed the hell out of Prometheus.

Biggest problems for me were the total lack of reaction from any characters following the surgery scene and the bizarre casting of Guy Pearce. Too other issues I think are largely the fault of scenes being cut out.

BigAT

I was a huge LOST fan for the first 2-3 seasons, the writing got so convoluted and tried to force the ol' "HEY GUYS, THIS IS SYMBOLISM." that the show just turned me off. I finished it but man it could have been so gud.

Same here. I actively hated LOST the last couple of seasons it was on, but hung around because I was too invested at that point to not grit my teeth and see how it concluded.

It certainly didn't help that Breaking Bad was starting up at that time as well. Getting to experience the amazing writing there made the utter garbage LOST was producing stand out even more. Like shoving Kate Upton next to a 4.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
7JDPZ.jpg

eznark

Banned
lol FMT dressed up as Pocahontas for halloween

Wait, is that chick even supposed to be Pocahontas? Man that joke was awful.

TheCrow

My brother watches MLG matches like all day, my mom finally asked him last night when we were both at my parents house for dinner wtf he was watching... it was entertaining watching him explain what Starcraft is and why people watch the matches to a 60 year old dominican lady.

*Insect stories*

I am so glad I live in the north east.

Yeah my cousins in la were asking what it was about. Its fucking difficult to explain. Its like meeting the top players in the NFL or MLB but they dont see esports that way.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Yeah my cousins in la were asking what it was about. Its fucking difficult to explain. Its like meeting the top players in the NFL or MLB but they dont see esports that way.

No. No its not. Its nothing like that.

Hell No.

TheCrow

The Murderface! Was it as magical as I imagine meeting him would be?

He's great. So damn approachable. Great guy always smiling. Saw him after I took a picture with him and cheered for him. It was in the middle of the kespa line. No one knew who he was. He's one of my favorite players behind diago.

eznark

Banned
I loved the first few seasons of BG but kind of started to hate it around the time that the humans went to that other planet to try and settle it or whatever. So like season 3 or something.

I bet it kills you to see an interracial couple!

And I don't know where I picked up doe. Probably from the blacks!

I'm going to an interracial lesbian wedding in Austin in a couple months!

LukeSmith

olmos_yeah.gif

Although I hated the second half of the series finale episode, everything that came before it is amazing enough to make it one of my favorite series of all time.

wtf, BSG is Lost tier.

Show was only good when it was about the crisis of being in space and being hunted. The second they landed on the Baltar Jesus planet the show's downward spiral began and continued horrifically spiraling into the ether. Terrible

eznark

Banned
wtf, BSG is Lost tier.

Show was only good when it was about the crisis of being in space and being hunted. The second they landed on the Baltar Jesus planet the show's downward spiral began and continued horrifically spiraling into the ether. Terrible

Amen

Somnia

Well as of Monday I am no longer with Gamestop. Pretty excited, leaving retail!

Semi-vent... I was only able to give a week and a half's notice which I would never normally do, but my new jobs hiring training starts Monday, the catch is as of Sunday my assistant was already taking over my store and for the following 4 weeks I was traveling till the new store opened so my store is covered and not in a bind.

My regional calls me today and tells me that she'll have to put me in as un-rehirable. I explain to her I signed no work contract that states that and then read the store manager handbook to her where it states its curtosy to do it but not required. She then changes her tune and says "Well not un-hirable".

I understand its shitty of me not to give two full weeks and wouldn't do it if my store wasn't covered. Just pissed me off, end of vent!

Top Bottom