• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Well as of Monday I am no longer with Gamestop. Pretty excited, leaving retail!

Semi-vent... I was only able to give a week and a half's notice which I would never normally do, but my new jobs hiring training starts Monday, the catch is as of Sunday my assistant was already taking over my store and for the following 4 weeks I was traveling till the new store opened so my store is covered and not in a bind.

My regional calls me today and tells me that she'll have to put me in as un-rehirable. I explain to her I signed no work contract that states that and then read the store manager handbook to her where it states its curtosy to do it but not required. She then changes her tune and says "Well not un-hirable".

I understand its shitty of me not to give two full weeks and wouldn't do it if my store wasn't covered. Just pissed me off, end of vent!

yeah, fuck them, you don't owe them anything more than they owe you. Congrats on getting out of retail.

Semi-vent... I was only able to give a week and a half's notice which I would never normally do, but my new jobs hiring training starts Monday, the catch is as of Sunday my assistant was already taking over my store and for the following 4 weeks I was traveling till the new store opened so my store is covered and not in a bind.

My regional calls me today and tells me that she'll have to put me in as un-rehirable. I explain to her I signed no work contract that states that and then read the store manager handbook to her where it states its curtosy to do it but not required. She then changes her tune and says "Well not un-hirable".

I understand its shitty of me not to give two full weeks and wouldn't do it if my store wasn't covered. Just pissed me off, end of vent!

Worked part-time at Walmart as a second job a few years back. Got a promotion at my main job so I quit Walmart because I was working 35+ hours a week as a part-time employee. Lady told me that I was un-rehirable. I laughed and said I never planned on coming back.

Mrbob

Congrats Somnia! I know the feel of retail hell in the past. It'll feel great to get out!

Anyone see Zynga's stock plummeting? I guess Facebook gaming isn't the future? How long before the mobile gaming bubble bursts? Everyone will be going back to Vita soon enough! Sony got it right!

Congrats Somnia! I know the feel of retail hell in the past. It'll feel great to get out!

Anyone see Zynga's stock plummeting? I guess Facebook gaming isn't the future? How long before the mobile gaming bubble bursts? Everyone will be going back to Vita soon enough! Sony got it right!

Preach on brother!

Smokey

Fuck their two weeks, congrats. Now you'll get to enjoy life! Retail is a bitch.

Sanjuro

Fuck their two weeks, congrats. Now you'll get to enjoy life! Retail is a bitch.

Izbkm.gif

McNei1y

LukeSmith

Upcoming battles for ultimate destiny

Wellie/AT/Striker - New York Giants
Birdles/FMT - Niners
Livewire/McNeily - Redskins
Drizzler/Pheenix - Dolphins
Levious/Somnia - Cowboys
Goldlion/Trasher - Lions
Storybook/DCX - Falcons

Rorschach

Congrats, Somnia. When I tried to put in my 2 week at my final retail gig, the manager directly over me told me to just not come back after my day off. Basically, "You can't quit! You're fired!" sort of thing. I walked out, got my last check a few days later and never talked to them again. Came back to haunt me when getting Top Secret clearance because they said I just up and left with no notice. Only notch on my record and it was already hard enough to get it since I wasn't born here. Had to plead my case in front of multiple interviewers until I got a hearing with a judge who decided he maybe sorta kinda believed me and a few references from some influential people put me over the top.

You never know when shit like that comes back to haunt you. Glad you got it worked out.

0-2 in picks despite winning the Giants last year.
Didn't it go down to the wire. I'll pick you, though. Sorry, Wellie!

The only one I'd be willing to bet on is the 9ers. All the others seem like a toss up. I don't know Trasher, though.

LukeSmith

Congrats, Somnia. When I tried to put in my 2 week at my final retail gig, the manager directly over me told me to just not come back after my day off. Basically, "You can't quit! You're fired!" sort of thing. I walked out, got my last check a few days later and never talked to them again. Came back to haunt me when getting Top Secret clearance because they said I just up and left with no notice. Only notch on my record and it was already hard enough to get it since I wasn't born here. Had to plead my case in front of multiple interviewers until I got a hearing with a judge who decided he maybe sorta kinda believed me and a few references from some influential people put me over the top.

You never know when shit like that comes back to haunt you. Glad you got it worked out.

Didn't it go down to the wire. I'll pick you, though. Sorry, Wellie!

The only one I'd be willing to bet on is the 9ers. All the others seem like a toss up. I don't know Trasher, though.

Rors you're a government hitman aren't you?

LiveWire

Wellie/AT/Striker - New York Giants (AT, 35-31 over Wellie)
Birdles/FMT - Niners (free copy of Madden 13 to Birdman, forfeit accepted)
Livewire/McNeily - Redskins (not scheduled)
Drizzler/Pheenix - Dolphins (Drizzler, 48-21, R. Bush 5 tossi--rushing TDs)
Levious/Somnia - Cowboys (Somnia, 24-21)
Goldlion/Trasher - Lions (Gold, 35-28)
Storybook/DCX - Falcons (also not scheduled)

Predictions

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
its gonna be odd having a possible threat in the form of the redskins owner.

Im gonna trade for VY just to troll.

CB3

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Lions RB Mikel Leshoure suspended two games for violating substance abuse policy.

Sorry Goldy/Trasher!

DCX

DCX
As much as I welcome a battle for the Falcons from Storybook, I think he isn't playing. I asked him through pm a while ago. I may be wrong. We shall see :)

DCX

bluemax

Banned

Wellie/AT/Striker - New York Giants
Birdles/FMT - Niners
Livewire/McNeily - Redskins
Drizzler/Pheenix - Dolphins
Levious/Somnia - Cowboys
Goldlion/Trasher - Lions
Storybook/DCX - Falcons

You forgot:

bluemax/bluemax's ego Seahawks

BigAT

So I have 3680 MS points from this promotion that I need to spend before the end of the month because they are expiring. Recommendations?

I already have Fez, Trials Evo, Castle Crashers, Shadow Complex, and the Splosion Mans among others

CB3

So I have 3680 MS points from this promotion that I need to spend before the end of the month because they are expiring. Recommendations?

I already have Fez, Trials Evo, Castle Crashers, Shadow Complex, and the Splosion Mans among others

off the top of my head.

Castlevania SOTN
Outrun Online ( if its still there)
Bastion
Final fight double impact
Street Fighter 3
Pacman DX
RE4
Sonic 3+ Knuckles
The Walking Dead

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Lions RB Mikel Leshoure suspended two games for violating substance abuse policy.

Sorry Goldy/Trasher!

Not like Detroit would run the ball in real life anyway, regardless if they had healthy running backs! The team struggles to make it to even 8-8 in real life and in Madden this year (regardless of owner!).

Smokey

Congrats, Somnia. When I tried to put in my 2 week at my final retail gig, the manager directly over me told me to just not come back after my day off. Basically, "You can't quit! You're fired!" sort of thing. I walked out, got my last check a few days later and never talked to them again. Came back to haunt me when getting Top Secret clearance because they said I just up and left with no notice.

Real life Agent 47 huh

knew it was somethin along dem lines

BigAT

Do you already have Trials? Why did no one suggest that?

I already have Evolution, but have never touched HD. Is it worth it to go back and check it out even though I'm not a super hardcore Trials fan?

Thanks for the suggestions. I made a mistake just going through my XBLA list, I have a fair amount of the stuff on Steam instead (Winterbottom, Bastion, Orcs Must Die, Limbo).

So the Resident Evil 4 HD remake is worth it? I already have the Gamecube version, but it is definitely one of my favorite games ever.

Real life Agent 47 huh

knew it was somethin along dem lines

Nah, he has to be in the Air Force (or any armed force), thats why he is in the mid-west and was gone for so long too (due to to bootcamp). I have a friend who has top secret clearance info for the Air Force, he had to go through similar stuff. I had to answer questions about his life and whether or not certain things are true about him. I do like the idea of him as a secret agent, but I doubt it!

this is all educated speculation

Top Bottom