• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Y is no huddle, X does nothing, as I can attest to. I saw Pheeniks get the FG team on the field in like 1 second against Smokey one time, no clue what button you hit for that one.

that's just from calling the play quickly, inside of two minutes it's a second or two faster than doing no huddle or trying to spike.

McNei1y

Oh man Chronotrigger is being discussed here? I tried to play that game a few years ago (me and a few friends decided to RTTP and beat it then talk about it later).

I didn't get very far. I was in the future for the first time and just raced some guy. I think I turned the game off because I was hooked on Madden and such at the time. I may go back to it eventually but... probably not.

Oh man Chronotrigger is being discussed here? I tried to play that game a few years ago (me and a few friends decided to RTTP and beat it then talk about it later).

I didn't get very far. I was in the future for the first time and just raced some guy. I think I turned the game off because I was hooked on Madden and such at the time. I may go back to it eventually but... probably not.

I bet you never won that race against biker dude (Johnny?) that's why you quit!

You should continue on from there. For me that first future part of the game is kind of dull, it was probably my least favorite part of the game. It only gets 1000% better from there.

DCX

DCX
Chrono Trigger is one of my all time favs. Grandia 2, Skies of Arcadia and Dark Cloud 2. Sooo good!

When we vancin?

DCX

Smokey

Woo using some new streaming software. Found out what I've been using has been a POS. Constant stuttering and stream quality not where I liked it. Switched over to Xsplit and it's 10x better. Tested it out all evening and it worked great. Only thing is audio quality is lower, but that could be because I haven't really fine tuned those settings.

Hopefully SmokeyTV will be much better now.

LUKE GTFO out of DOTA so we can play

levious

Chrono Trigger is one of my all time favs. Grandia 2, Skies of Arcadia and Dark Cloud 2. Sooo good!

When we vancin?

DCX

last few hours was a chore for me, but I did dig that game. Did you ever play the first? I have not gotten around to that one.

McNei1y

I bet you never won that race against biker dude (Johnny?) that's why you quit!

You should continue on from there. For me that first future part of the game is kind of dull, it was probably my least favorite part of the game. It only gets 1000% better from there.

How did you know?

I will probably go back to it at some point during this semester since I've had some sort of trend recently to play old games. I am currently playing Super Mario 64. I was going to speed play M64 with my roommate but we didn't get to :\ I would've whooped his ass!

I do have my PS2 here so I might as well play it at some point. The future part did bore the hell out of me though so that probably attributed to it. But it was my fault for quitting, not the games. I have some problem with playing a game, putting it down for awhile, and then picking it back up and beating it later.

Splat

Bears roll over Cards, despite me having a chance to drive for the win late. Threw an awful awful pick and cost myself the game. GG Bob. Your lines are both phenomenal.

Also you broke Deangelo :( Fumble-six + injury was the turning point, easily.

Mrbob

Yeah GG Splat. There was a ton of hard hitting on that game going on for both teams! Definitely not a game for the weak of heart! I'm so jelly of elite WRs, that spectacular catch jump ball Fitz made at the 1 yard line was so amazing.

The Deangelo hit was vicious. That was wicked of couple of levels since I got the big hit, returned the ball for a td, and knocked Williams out of the game on one play. I had to save it because it might be the hit of the year. I manually controlled the safety Chris Harris, and I just laid him out. Then my first round DT pickup Carter Stone is Johnny on the spot and picks up the ball for a touchdown!

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/111865531

I checked online and see Deangelo is out 7 weeks, sorry man. :/ I was hoping it was only for the rest of the game.

Carter Stone has been an amazing pickup for me. He is the perfect fit for my dline.

Splat

Yeah GG Splat. There was a ton of hard hitting on that game going on for both teams! Definitely not a game for the weak of heart! I'm so jelly of elite WRs, that spectacular catch jump ball Fitz made at the 1 yard line was so amazing.

That Deangelo hit was vicious. That was wicked of couple of levels since I got the big hit, returned the ball for a td, and knocked Williams out of the game on one play. I had to save it because it might be the hit of the year. I manually controlled the safety Chris Harris, and I just laid him out. Then my first round DT pickup Carter Stone is Johnny on the spot and picks up the ball for a touchdown!

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/111865531

I checked online and see Deangelo is out 7 weeks, sorry man. :/ I was hoping it was only for the rest of the game.

Carter Stone has been an amazing pickup for me. He is the perfect fit for my dline.

Eh, it's football. I'd have been more pissed if Larry was injured, since my backup HB's decent anyways. Still kicking myself about that last drive :-/

Mrbob

Eh, it's football. I'd have been more pissed if Larry was injured, since my backup HB's decent anyways. Still kicking myself about that last drive :-/

Yeah, at least Fitz is ok which is good! Your linebackers can smack people around well. Even caused Forte to fumble the ball away which he never does! Thankfully it happened with 2 seconds left in the half so you only could kick a fg, but lesson learned to take a knee at the end of the half instead of running it! Those 3 points I gave up that way could have come back to bite me!

LiveWire

I got really far into Chrono Trigger, like at least until
Magus (?) joined the party, and you found out Frogger's backstory
. But then the PlayStation came out and I was forever lost to the SNES as I graduated to Battle Arena Toshinden, Ridge Racer, etc. I wonder how close I was to the end? I had bought it again for both PS1 and DS but I could never get back into it. I guess JRPGs just don't do it for me anymore.

bluemax

Banned
I got really far into Chrono Trigger, like at least until
Magus (?) joined the party, and you found out Frogger's backstory
. But then the PlayStation came out and I was forever lost to the SNES as I graduated to Battle Arena Toshinden, Ridge Racer, etc. I wonder how close I was to the end? I had bought it again for both PS1 and DS but I could never get back into it. I guess JRPGs just don't do it for me anymore.

Maybe 2/3s through?

You were roughly at the point where the game opens up and you can either finish it, or do all the sidequests and then finish it. The game has like 18 possible endings, so there are a lot of points where you can "end" the game.

The nicest thing about CT, is that because its designed to be beaten multiple ways its not a very long game. I hated how from the PS1 era on JRPGs all became about how many hours they took to complete. Like it became some epic dick waving contest to say "80+ hours of gameplay!".

I suppose that's why I've finished exactly 1 console JRPG this generation, because I was able to do it in a shade over 40 hours. I actually put in more hours than that on like two other JRPGs and didn't finish either.

LiveWire

Like it became some epic dick waving contest to say "80+ hours of gameplay!".

I suppose that's why I've finished exactly 1 console JRPG this generation, because I was able to do it in a shade over 40 hours. I actually put in more hours than that on like two other JRPGs and didn't finish either.

I don't think that contest ever stopped in Eastern or Western games, hence my (and I'm assuming many others') huge backlogs. Even a game like Uncharted (that is one of my favorites because it's a short and sweet 10 hours or less of gameplay) takes me two weeks to finish.

Sokantish

You should play Xenoblade on the Wii then, I think I finished with 104 hours and I didn't even try to grind it out or do a lot of extra stuff, that game went on forever...

I think I'm gonna try to start playing some Madden online again. Is there like random online franchises you can join or is it not worth it to do that?

bluemax

Banned
You should play Xenoblade on the Wii then, I think I finished with 104 hours and I didn't even try to grind it out or do a lot of extra stuff, that game went on forever...

I think I'm gonna try to start playing some Madden online again. Is there like random online franchises you can join or is it not worth it to do that?

I tried Xenoblade. When I realized I'd spent like 5 hours just doing fetch quests in the first town I put it on the shelf and haven't felt compelled to touch it again.

I don't want my JRPGs to go on forever and ever. Fuck you Scamco and your Tales Of games with their 20 fake endings. Just make a nice, tight, well constructed 40 hour game!

I don't think that contest ever stopped in Eastern or Western games, hence my (and I'm assuming many others') huge backlogs. Even a game like Uncharted (that is one of my favorites because it's a short and sweet 10 hours or less of gameplay) takes me two weeks to finish.

I think it took me 3 years to get 40 hours into Blue Dragon. And yeah it takes me like a month to finish a 10-20 hour game if I enjoy it.

LiveWire

I don't want my JRPGs to go on forever and ever. Fuck you Scamco and your Tales Of games with their 20 fake endings. Just make a nice, tight, well constructed 40 hour game!

I agree. But there may be a middle ground. If you haven't already I HIGHLY recommend getting Alpha Protocol. The branching story and multiple endings are the best I've ever seen done in a video game (even better than Dragon Age). It also helps that it's an awesome spy-action RPG. It's like 20 hours, but I've put over 50 in it trying to go through the game different ways.

Stay strong brother, there will be a spot for you here eventually!

last few hours was a chore for me, but I did dig that game. Did you ever play the first? I have not gotten around to that one.

Everyone says the first one is awesome and better than 2, but I don't think it holds a candle to Grandia 2. Worth a shot if you don't mind the loading times and an ancient battle system!

It is, but it feels slower because of the PS1 capabilities. And the battle system is outdated in both games compared to recent jrpg battle systems

Sokantish

You guys should just play Suikoden I and II if you want to play some of the best jRPGs ever. I think the first one took like 25-30 hours to beat. Maybe the second one was longer though.

DCX

DCX
You guys should just play Suikoden I and II if you want to play some of the best jRPGs ever. I think the first one took like 25-30 hours to beat. Maybe the second one was longer though.
Suikoden was amazing. I second this. PSOne delivered many classics. Even Wild Arms holds a special place in my heart, so full of charm.

DCX

Sokantish

I thought III was pretty good and even V was as good as II. I haven't tried IV yet because people scared me away from it. Too bad the series died to me now because they made that bad DS game. Maybe the PSP game will be good... here's hoping!

levious

It is, but it feels slower because of the PS1 capabilities. And the battle system is outdated in both games compared to recent jrpg battle systems

the only recent one I've played was FFXIII. What's a good modern jrpg battle system?

Less turn based and more real time. FF XII had an amazing system and XIII was pretty great too. I guess I'm trying to say that I'm kind of turned away from TB stuff recently because the real time sequences are so much more fun IMO

levious

oh, by current I meant this generation. I really liked XII too, but not so much XIII, although I plan on playing it to the end at some point. I think I'm only on chapter 7 or 8.

Ah, this gen has been kind of lame for Jrpgs. Tales of Vesperia was lot of fun and I always liked Tales battle systems. The Artes in Vesperia are pretty cool, too. You can probably find it cheap somewhere

bluemax

Banned
My tolerance for random battles is really low these days. I pretty much only play jRPGs on portables where I can play them in poop intervals.

Sokantish

Ah, this gen has been kind of lame for Jrpgs. Tales of Vesperia was lot of fun and I always liked Tales battle systems. The Artes in Vesperia are pretty cool, too. You can probably find it cheap somewhere

I really liked Lost Odyssey. I still think Persona 4 was the best jRPG this gen and it's a PS2 game

Ferny

Ferny, let me know when you'll be around to play. I'm free most of tonight.

What time will you be available?

Also to the Rams owner, theres no QB Sneaks allowed right?... He went for it twice so far against the Bills owner.

Edit: and user catching but to be fair my boy did user catch twice on accident.

Ferny

Ok im watching the rams vs bills game while playing my game and its getting silly now. Rams just went for it 4th and 1 and Rams are up.

Colasante

What time will you be available?

Also to the Rams owner, theres no QB Sneaks allowed right?... He went for it twice so far against the Bills owner.

Edit: and user catching but to be fair my boy did user catch twice on accident.

Sorry, I didn't know about QB sneaks. There really should be a list of everything that can't be done. Also that 4th and 1 on the goal was just out of frustration because Steven Jackson ran into an invisible wall for a solid 3 seconds on the goal line, with no one in front of him, before he got tackled for a loss and didn't score. But you're right, I shouldn't have gone for it on 4th down when I was up. My bad.

Top Bottom