• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
On first viewing, I liked TDKR more than TDK. I'll check it out again Wednesday, so maybe my opinion will change, but I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

McNei1y

What were the final install steps you took?

-Downloaded Arma II and Arma II OA
-Started up Arma II then exited out.
-Started up Arma II OA then exited out.
-Downloaded the mod via Day Z website... the Six Updater thing.
-Extracted and Installed it.
-Then clicked Six Launcher after updating the mod.
-Six Launcher will bring up all of the servers. Join one and it should work.

McNei1y

That doesn't sound like a pain at all

Well, yea in hindsight it doesn't, but there was a lack of description when I was doing it and so I had to piece together random forum posts. Websites were saying I had to create entire folders and such while extracting other files but luckily I didn't have to do all of that.

Sokantish

also burnout paradise: ultimate box is $3.99 as a flash sale on steam
guesssss i'll get it for that price

So did you end up getting this? Because I bought it and tried to run it. Then I get an error saying they can't contact key server. I guess they ran out of those digital boxes of Burnout. They still took my money for it though, jerks. Now I gotta wait for them to get more keys. What a disappointment!

Nightz

One of the achievements in Madden 13 is "Download A Game Face in Create-a-Player or in Connected Careers". Everyone should use their real faces for their coach lol.

eznark

Banned
One of the achievements in Madden 13 is "Download A Game Face in Create-a-Player or in Connected Careers". Everyone should use their real faces for their coach lol.

I'm going to use the bloody mug of that elk. Wonder how that will translate in create-a-face

TheCrow

Maybe gameface will look better this year. My fifa one looked like I was sunburned. My coach will look hilarious on the sideline.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
-Downloaded Arma II and Arma II OA
-Started up Arma II then exited out.
-Started up Arma II OA then exited out.
-Downloaded the mod via Day Z website... the Six Updater thing.
-Extracted and Installed it.
-Then clicked Six Launcher after updating the mod.
-Six Launcher will bring up all of the servers. Join one and it should work.

Thanks, will do this. Eventually. Maybe tonight. I did download the games, but didn't start them up.

I miss Steam Sale front Page.

McNei1y

So how many people have Day Z here?

A guess:

Me
Crow
Rors
Ramirez
Lonestar
Sokantish
Splat

Anyway, we should get at least a small group to play together. It'll be much easier searching for three people rather than one.

Smokey

So did you end up getting this? Because I bought it and tried to run it. Then I get an error saying they can't contact key server. I guess they ran out of those digital boxes of Burnout. They still took my money for it though, jerks. Now I gotta wait for them to get more keys. What a disappointment!

Yeah I got it. Will try when I get home. Bracing myself for same result you got.

I do have arma II..so technically I could get dayz. I think a group would be fun..then you'd have to worry about me shooting you in the head, taking your gear, and running to the forest...

J/K
lol

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
DayZ seems like something id love to get into when its actually a real thing, rather than a mod for something. The Arma engine doesnt seem amazing.

McNei1y

Yeah I got it. Will try when I get home. Bracing myself for same result you got.

I do have arma II..so technically I could get dayz. I think a group would be fun..then you'd have to worry about me shooting you in the head, taking your gear, and running to the forest...

J/K
lol

Trust no one. That would create some major Madden rivalry's. I get an AK and all this shit, then BOOM, I get shot in the back of the head by Smokey.

DayZ seems like something id love to get into when its actually a real thing, rather than a mod for something. The Arma engine doesnt seem amazing.

This was my complaint the other day but I take it back. It is a pretty good game from the time I played. It could definitely be much better since the loading times are painful as well as some of the glitches but its ALL worth it since there isn't a game like this.

Sokantish

I hated the engine so much when I first started playing it. So many things made no sense to me at all. After a while though it felt nice, and it's so satisfying when you get a sniper rifle and you kill someone, or at least break their legs and then see them start complaining in chat

CB3

It all seems real thrown together to me. The fact that the base idea is so good makes those problems seem lesser, i think. Ive watched alot of it on youtube, as well as the giantbomb stream which ended up being a disaster. Im confident someone is making a better, more fleshed out version of this idea. Even Zombie U seems directly inspired from it.

McNei1y

I hated the engine so much when I first started playing it. So many things made no sense to me at all. After a while though it felt nice, and it's so satisfying when you get a sniper rifle and you kill someone, or at least break their legs and then see them start complaining in chat

When Crow and I were playing, I found an AK stash with ammo. I was just about to pick it up but then my game froze and it disconnected me. When I load back in, which took about 5-10 minutes, the guns were gone. I was so furious, lol. That stuff will piss me off but oh well!

I also got murdered by an axe man when I was running away from a horde.

It all seems real thrown together to me. The fact that the base idea is so good makes those problems seem lesser, i think. Ive watched alot of it on youtube, as well as the giantbomb stream which ended up being a disaster. Im confident someone is making a better, more fleshed out version of this idea. Even Zombie U seems directly inspired from it.

There is a game that some company is making called "The War Z" or something like that (posted on the past page but to lazy to look it up). It sounds like it'll be exactly what Day Z is but made by an actual company. I'm not sure how good the game will be though.

Sokantish

It reminds me a lot of the beginnings of Minecraft. It felt so barebones but people could already see there was a great game there. I guess Minecraft isn't everyone's cup of tea but it has done really well for itself. The problem with this though is it's a mod. A mod that is made by one of the developers of the game, so it's going to always be using that engine I think. They did say they were going to do an ARMA 3 version of it, but maybe those plans have changed since now they're saying they are going to do a standalone version.

TheCrow

If/when they do a stand alone odds are that it will stick with the ARMA 2/3 engine because the dev team is not that big and they have easier access to that engine. I wouldn't worry too much about any of the glitches we are seeing I ARMA 2 when it switches to 3. ARMA was just not built to do what dayz is trying to achieve. For example, the melee weapons are just re-skinned guns. With ARMA3 the dayz team will be able to implement those systems from the beginning or already have some influence in the development.

CB3

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Raiders have traded WR Louis Murphy to Panthers for late-round pick, as @JasonColeYahoo reported.

Poor rors

GCQuinton

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Raiders have traded WR Louis Murphy to Panthers for late-round pick, as @JasonColeYahoo reported.

Poor rors

Panthers have been busy today. Also:

The Panthers officially pulled the plug on former first-rounder Jeff Otah, sending him to the New York Jets in exchange for what the Jets termed “an undisclosed conditional draft choice.”

At least I got Nick Fairley for him!

BigAT

At least I got Nick Fairley for him!

images

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Started up DayZ. Hey, it works.

Hey, I have no idea what buttons do what, but I picked up a hatchet!

Mrbob

Newegg has Rage PC for $5.99 with free shipping right now. Just ordered a copy for myself. No instant gratification bu the game is steamworks!

On first viewing, I liked TDKR more than TDK. I'll check it out again Wednesday, so maybe my opinion will change, but I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Felt the same way, in all honesty. I had a few gripes with the movie, though. 1 very predictable, the other.... not so much.

The predictable:

The ending was all pretty contrived and foreseeable. Batman sacrifices himself for the city and falls in love with Selena yada yada yada. I would have been more surprised if they didn't show Alfred seeing them in Florence at the end, though.

Not so predictable:

Wtf at killing Bane like that. What a cop out, Nolan!

Also.....
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, MAKE A NIGHTWING MOVIE.... PLEASE!!!

Seriously, best part of the movie was the small hope it gave me at the end

Somnia

Felt the same way, in all honesty. I had a few gripes with the movie, though. 1 very predictable, the other.... not so much.

The predictable:

The ending was all pretty contrived and foreseeable. Batman sacrifices himself for the city and falls in love with Selena yada yada yada. I would have been more surprised if they didn't show Alfred seeing them in Florence at the end, though.

Not so predictable:

Wtf at killing Bane like that. What a cop out, Nolan!

Also.....
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, MAKE A NIGHTWING MOVIE.... PLEASE!!!

Seriously, best part of the movie was the small hope it gave me at the end

Regarding your first spoiler:

I think they should have shown Alfred there and he should have looked up and just barely smiled as it faded to black, not showing anyone. Would have kind of left it up to everyone.

McNei1y

Alright Crow, I found out what some of the services were that slowed my programs. Now I just need to find what keeps messing with my mic.

Question: It seems with my mic headset (a mic/headset with the green/pink chords) I have an issue that mutes in game sound by itself and my mic seems to mute as well... It only seems to happen when I alt-tab though. I remember finding a fix for this but that was so long ago. Anyone know what this problem could be?

Top Bottom