• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

McNei1y

Hows this:

oCTYK.jpg

Somnia

So I decided I wanted an idea on how much I was going to spend on video games this year, well for the bigger titles and came up with this.

Darksiders 2 (PC) 8/14
Madden 13 (360) 8/28 (paid off)
Guild Wars 2 8/28 (paid off)
Borderlands 2 (PC) 9/18
Dishonored (PC) 10/9
Hitman (PC) 11/20
Far Cry 3 (PC) 12/4
Assassin's Creed 3 (PC) ????
Resident Evil 6 (PC) ????

Games I'm getting this year, not including any smaller games on PC (like orcs must die 2 for example). Though I will say probably 80% of my time will be on Madden and Guild Wars 2, unless I finally play DOTA 2 and get hooked then that'll be thrown in there =)

McNei1y

As to Gold's spoiler for TDKR:

I don't think Bane is dead. I just think they leave it unknown like Nolan usually has with his villains. IE Scarecrow and Joker (not mentioning Dent though)

BigAT

I don't think Bane is dead. I just think they leave it unknown like Nolan usually has with his villains. IE Scarecrow and Joker (not mentioning Dent though)

More Batman shit:

Yeah, I never really got the impression he was dead. I mean it's Bane, I don't think it's unreasonable that he survived that.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I would have to say that there are way more hot baseball wives than there are hot wives in other sports

Thats not a testament towards the sport. Its a testament to the money they give the players and women being gold diggers.

Mrbob

Finally saw Batmantis 3 last night, great movie. Only issue it was tough to understand what Bane was saying at times. Anne Hathaway shocked me as Catwoman, can't believe how well she pulled it off. Sexy in that tight leather outfit too mmmmmmmmmmm. I want a Catwoman reboot now! Forget that Halle Berry crap movie ever existed!

Mrbob

You can currently buy Borderlands 2 from GMG for 40 dollars with a coupon code.

Game page:

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/rpgs/borderlands-2-na/

Coupon Code:

PARTP-ALCNO-TIESU

Game activates on Steam. Borderlands 2 is currently 60 bucks on steam with no 4 pack available. 40 dollars is the same price as the Amazon 4 pack. Price may go up to 60 on GMG soon, so you might want to pick it up while you can still get it for 40 with the coupon code!

eznark

Banned
too many games. I just preordered Madden and NHL and will be ordering Guild Wars 2 or whatever that game is that bob makes fuck pillows about whenever he tells me the cheaptest place to get it.

Is Darksiders 2 this year too?

Mrbob

Darksiders 2 is August 14. I got that one pre ordered from GMG already too. Think I got it for like 33 bucks.

Darksiders, Guild Wars 2, Borderlands 2, Xcom, Dishonored...what else is there worth getting?

Sokantish

well I don't know about you guys but in addition to most of those I'll be getting Dead or Alive, Assassin's Creed III, and Halo 4. I think Halo 4 is this year at least... I might want that Sleeping Dogs game too

Oh yeah I forgot about the WoW expansion

eznark

Banned
Darksiders 2 is August 14. I got that one pre ordered from GMG already too. Think I got it for like 33 bucks.

Darksiders, Borderlands 2, Xcom, Dishonored...what else is there worth getting?

Those are probably more than I'll be able to handle. Plus madden/NHL and Dota 2. No time, man!

Darksiders, Guild Wars 2, Borderlands 2, Xcom, Dishonored...what else is there worth getting?

Is it like the first Borderlands?

More Batman shit:

Yeah, I never really got the impression he was dead. I mean it's Bane, I don't think it's unreasonable that he survived that.

He took a shot from the fucking Bat Bike's cannon. I know Bane is a physical monster, but come on. Taking that sort of blast to the flesh would kill anyone

McNei1y

He took a shot from the fucking Bat Bike's cannon. I know Bane is a physical monster, but come on. Taking that sort of blast to the flesh would kill anyone

Ideally, but this is Nolan's Batman! If there ever was a sequel, it'd be just as easy to say he lived since they didn't show his version of a Tate death scene

Did anyone here have the Guild Wars 2 beta?

Nightz

Guild Wars 2 has popped up on my radar. I've never played the first and haven't followed 2 at all, but I think the hype is starting to get me interested.

Sokantish

I played the beta. Feels like a MMO. I didn't really put that much time into it though because I never get invested into MMOs during the betas, I usually just wait for the game to come out.

Sokantish

The massive PVP could set it apart. Sure WoW had it at like wintergrasp I guess but the maps for the WvWvW are massive. I was really surprised in the beta when there were like 100 people on my screen and I didn't have any lag at all. And Ram is right about the rolling stuff, but I don't know if rolling around is even that good, also I think you run out of your stamina bar after like 2-3 rolls. I might just be a WoW fanboy but I still think WoW is the best looking MMO out so far. The models are getting pretty bad but the environments in WoW still look amazing. Still though, I didn't get to explore that much in GW 2 so it might have some more impressive landscapes that I just didn't see yet.

Also another thing that sets it apart from most MMOs is you can use any type of weapon you want and you gain skills with every weapon after using that certain weapon for long enough. It was pretty nice to be able to switch to a rifle as a melee warrior in those massive battles and still be able to do a decent amount of damage because of that.

Ramirez

Well, Blizzard's artists are just on another level compared to most companies. It's pretty amazing how good their game looks on such an old engine...

McNei1y

Interesting to see some new mechanics. The PvP also looks awesome - the WvW stuff. I've always wanted to see castle sieges and the likes in WoW but it was never added. I was watching a boss video online and it looks pretty awesome. The scale of everything. I may have to check more videos when I go back home. It would be fun to play with some people in Guild Wars 2 if I do end up getting it. I want to play as one of the Charr.

Sokantish

That's what I played. I still haven't decided want I want to play in the actual game.

Screenshots said:

The game does look good, but I just think Blizzard's I guess... cartoony look plays a lot better to MMO because everything seems so huge in WoW. In this, sure it's cat people but for some reason it seems more realistic to me

McNei1y

Wow. That game does look pretty good. It's hard to say in WoW. The cartoony feel does work perfectly but some zones aren't great... but then there are zones that make up greatly where other zones lack. The gear definitely has worsened each expansion but at least they continue to know how to make great looking environments.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
So can we do the FF league this weekend. Or create an auction one? I needs some Fantasy Football action

Sokantish

I'm too afraid of FF. I really like watching Football but for Fantasy Football it seems like you have to do homework, and I'm not too crazy about doing homework anymore

Top Bottom