• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

TheCrow

To beat DM ball, you must be DM ball.

Plus Tebow and Divine on your team, you.have the edge you need to push you over the edge.

DCX

Devine is old news, it's about Akeem Tate now. Either way the Broncos are no longer a running team. Tebow will win or lose the games this season.

LiveWire

gg Levious. Anthony Armstrong is getting to be really boom-or-bust annoying. Catch a 80 yd TD? Next play slack off on your route and allow the defender to intercept. Get wide open down the field for the game-tying score? Drop the ball with no one near you. smh :/

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
good game man, yeah that one deep incompletion deep? Was wondering if he dropped that our what, commentary said broken up but I was pretty sure you had a good deal of separation.

LiveWire

good game man, yeah that one deep incompletion deep? Was wondering if he dropped that our what, commentary said broken up but I was pretty sure you had a good deal of separation.

Yea he had the defenders beat, it just went to one of those animations where he had the ball and was running, but the actual ball wasn't there. Great programming as usual by Tiburon.

gore #1 rusher in the league even though he missed a full game and only play a half quarter for another game!

and even beyond gore, hunter and kap tearin it up on the ground.... #1 rushing offense!

Mrbob

Gore better get his yards now, because Chris Harris is biding his time getting ready to knock him out for the rest of the season!

gg Levious. Anthony Armstrong is getting to be really boom-or-bust annoying. Catch a 80 yd TD? Next play slack off on your route and allow the defender to intercept. Get wide open down the field for the game-tying score? Drop the ball with no one near you. smh :/

is he a rookie WR? because I have one that is the exact same way and I really want to demote his ass

so do I have to play the cpu or what? Is somebody gonna join to be the colts? cause I can get someone.

Rors2.0/Raiders, apparently we play this week, lemme know when you can!

As far as I know he's still with us

Sokantish

When is actual Rors coming back, he was like the only Raiders fan posting in the NFL threads back when I was lurking and then he disappeared

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GG Ramirez. Hopefully I didn't piss you off too much, I hate every playbook so I changed my offense mid game to just fuck it I'm going deep! My OL did pretty good considering how long I held the ball at times.

I also don't understand your teams propensity for generating fumbles when I am pretty damned sure that man for man I have a higher team HPow than your D. Two fumbles sealed my fate. The one at the 3 yard line and the one at the end of the game.

EZ. PLEASE take Rodgers back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUTsR8qWSr8

Take a look a this play. It's fucked on two ends.

1) I see the one on one, I clearly have the ENTIRE right side of the field to throw to. So I wing it while holding the stick right to get touch on it... somehow it actually goes left!

2) Gresham turns around, sees the ball... but moves away from it!

DCX

DCX
GG Ramirez. Hopefully I didn't piss you off too much, I hate every playbook so I changed my offense mid game to just fuck it I'm going deep! My OL did pretty good considering how long I held the ball at times.

I also don't understand your teams propensity for generating fumbles when I am pretty damned sure that man for man I have a higher team HPow than your D. Two fumbles sealed my fate. The one at the 3 yard line and the one at the end of the game.

1) I see the one on one, I clearly have the ENTIRE right side of the field to throw to. So I wing it while holding the stick right to get touch on it... somehow it actually goes left!

i was about to comment on Dalton's throw on the run rating until i remembered you have AGod. I have nothing.

I did the same thing against Q. Had Hernandez deep middle with the FS trailing to the left, i had my feet set and threw it deep to the right to lead him towards the right pilon, ball goes middle and not deep enough. It allowed his FS to go into that shitty over the shoulder int animation that also makes them make up 5 yards automatically :/

A play or two before it i had the inside and burned the SS but Aaron dropped it lol I was destined to lose, oh and rain :(

DCX

eznark

Banned

I've gotta be front runner for GM of the year.

DCX

DCX
I've gotta be front runner for GM of the year.

You might have done the best QB move of the franchise if not for Luke's Peyton trade. BigAT's cut and sign of Eli was very good and Smokey cutting Shaub and then trading for Schaub lite, Sanchize, is interesting.

I don't remember what Fern got for Sanchize either.

DCX

Ramirez

GG, nah you didn't piss me off with the late game offense. I really hate how you can bump my guys every single play though and they never get a good release, that's why I had to rely on Miller so much. He was the only one that could get off the line without getting locked up for 3 seconds, heh. Then on the TAINT, Sanders actually beat him off the bump, but the CB recovers instantly and runs the out better than Sanders, hah.

Mauluga blew up so many plays, guy is a monster...

As for the fumbles, 2 of them were by Rodgers on pretty big hits, especially the one on the goal line. The rain wasn't helping either I'm sure.

Mendenhall was carted off the field in the 2nd, but came back like 5 plays later, lol, thought he was done for the year. Doolittle has better acceleration though, so I don't think I'd miss him much if he did go down.

TheCrow

gg dm. Holy shit, My defense played the worst game I have ever seen. It's like they never played before, especially my front 7 on some of those runs. On that first int the ball teleported through D. Thomas's hands. That was a big drive for me, especially since it could've given me a answer to your quick TD. Oh well, I think I play mmk next.

i filled out a steam survey on Dota 2 so hopefully they send me the beta in the next round! then i can try it out, get destroyed and confirm that i won't like it!

LukeSmith

Yeah I suck at Dota 2. Got destroyed by a bunch of CPUs set to easy.

Honestly, the general "beginniner" experience for DOTA2 is "I suck for 40+ hours" and then for the next 40-100 hours you're bad, and then after those first 140 hours you're no longer an embarrassing husk at your computer and are almost competent. Sometime in hours 40-100 you'll almost start to feel competent at a role, like support. There are some helpful dudes in the DOTA2 thread, too (read the OP first).

I strongly recommend the new folks around here play against Bots for a couple games, get used to fleeing, play easy characters (you were playing Beastmaster who has micro-able pets and therefore moves out of the "easy" characters tier) and start learning the good spots for placing Observer Wards for when you start playing in matchmaking.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GG, nah you didn't piss me off with the late game offense. I really hate how you can bump my guys every single play though and they never get a good release, that's why I had to rely on Miller so much. He was the only one that could get off the line without getting locked up for 3 seconds, heh. Then on the TAINT, Sanders actually beat him off the bump, but the CB recovers instantly and runs the out better than Sanders, hah.

Mauluga blew up so many plays, guy is a monster...

As for the fumbles, 2 of them were by Rodgers on pretty big hits, especially the one on the goal line. The rain wasn't helping either I'm sure.

Mendenhall was carted off the field in the 2nd, but came back like 5 plays later, lol, thought he was done for the year. Doolittle has better acceleration though, so I don't think I'd miss him much if he did go down.

My CBs being amazing at pressing is by design dude. Press corners go hand in hand with my heavy pressure scheme.

I love Maualuga. Definitely my favorite e-player on the team. Surprised he didn't force a fumble. He has 99 POW.

DMczaf

gg dm. Holy shit, My defense played the worst game I have ever seen. It's like they never played before, especially my front 7 on some of those runs. On that first int the ball teleported through D. Thomas's hands. That was a big drive for me, especially since it could've given me a answer to your quick TD. Oh well, I think I play mmk next.

gg

Yeah, that first INT decided the flow of the game early. Could have been a shootout, and then all of a sudden you were playing catch up.

Ferny

You might have done the best QB move of the franchise if not for Luke's Peyton trade. BigAT's cut and sign of Eli was very good and Smokey cutting Shaub and then trading for Schaub lite, Sanchize, is interesting.

I don't remember what Fern got for Sanchize either.

DCX

I got a First Rounder, A second, and a RG OVR 80 I think.

I ended up with my Rookie QB who I enjoy very much and a great RB who was 2nd in rushing for the year so I ended up well I think.

Ferny

Lich, Tidehunter, Skel King - good for beginners

Drow - bad for beginners.

Saw some MaddenGAF pick drow and drow's tough to use at first for people because no escapes and somewhat slow and she also needs farm in order to be effective.

eznark

Banned
Honestly, the general "beginniner" experience for DOTA2 is "I suck for 40+ hours" and then for the next 40-100 hours you're bad, and then after those first 140 hours you're no longer an embarrassing husk at your computer and are almost competent. Sometime in hours 40-100 you'll almost start to feel competent at a role, like support. There are some helpful dudes in the DOTA2 thread, too (read the OP first).

I strongly recommend the new folks around here play against Bots for a couple games, get used to fleeing, play easy characters (you were playing Beastmaster who has micro-able pets and therefore moves out of the "easy" characters tier) and start learning the good spots for placing Observer Wards for when you start playing in matchmaking.

Rad I didn't even know you could do that in the beta. My biggest thing is learning the items right now I feel like. I certainly didn't die anymore than the rest of my team in the one match I played. The spider got fed and was essentially unstoppable.

Sokantish

Rad I didn't even know you could do that in the beta. My biggest thing is learning the items right now I feel like. I certainly didn't die anymore than the rest of my team in the one match I played. The spider got fed and was essentially unstoppable.

I remember playing DOTA 2 only a few times. My friends told me you should stick to the recommended items for your character because they're usually pretty good. Then I play a game and some guy starts yelling at me for buying the recommended items. I really hate that you have to read a guide just to play a match in the game.

bluemax

Banned

When I saw you had picked Beast Master and had never played a game I knew you were in for trouble.

If you want to play a bot game at any point hit me up and I'll play. I'm not good by any means but I've hit that 40 hour plateau where I know enough to not feed miserably against players of a similar or lower skills.

I remember playing DOTA 2 only a few times. My friends told me you should stick to the recommended items for your character because they're usually pretty good. Then I play a game and some guy starts yelling at me for buying the recommended items. I really hate that you have to read a guide just to play a match in the game.

The recommended builds in DotA2 are actually pretty decent. There's no shame in following them if you're brand new. The only real noob trap a lot of them has is recommending Aghanim's Scepter on characters where the boost to their ult isn't really worth the cost of Scepter.

Lich, Tidehunter, Skel King - good for beginners

Drow - bad for beginners.

Saw some MaddenGAF pick drow and drow's tough to use at first for people because no escapes and somewhat slow and she also needs farm in order to be effective.

I highly suggest that beginners set the character filter to either Support or Initiator. These champs tend to be the least item dependent. For initiators the only items you really need are boots and blink dagger (and probably a vanguard so you don't die).

Avoid play micro intensive heroes like Enigma and Beastmaster and maybe skillshot based ones like Clockwerk or Pudge. And probably stealth based heroes as well.

Top Bottom