• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

Sokantish

Is there any character like Ashe from League of Legends? I liked her ult, the skill shot that stuns. Someone told me to try Windrunner but she doesn't really seem much like Ashe at all

Trasher

Shadowfiend is my second character behind Drow Ranger. I just need to get better at using his ult.

So you are really good then? How long have you been playing?

Is there any character like Ashe from League of Legends? I liked her ult, the skill shot that stuns. Someone told me to try Windrunner but she doesn't really seem much like Ashe at all

I have no idea what that hero is like, but if you are looking for a skill shot that stuns then try Mirana. She has an ability called Sacred Arrow that is difficult to land because it has a pretty slow travel time. The catch to it is the farther away you are from the hero, the longer the stun is if you actually hit them with it. That ability is just one of her regular abilities though. Her ultimate is a global cloak for her whole team.

Trasher

Drow and Shadowfiend are awful heroes to start out on. You better be a god at last-hitting and farming already, and you need to have amazing map awareness and engagement awareness to be effective with them in team-fights as well. Hyperstone is an ill choice for Drow. You should just get an ultimate orb instead to eventually build into a Manta.

Trasher

Crow can you play right now?? This may be my only chance to play our game unless you can play like around noonish tomorrow.

TheCrow

Drow and Shadowfiend are awful heroes to start out on. You better be a god at last-hitting and farming already, and you need to have amazing map awareness and engagement awareness to be effective with them in team-fights as well. Hyperstone is an ill choice for Drow. You should just get an ultimate orb instead to eventually build into a Manta.
I haven't had the time to actually research what items do yet. I just ran into the hyperstone one game and kept buying it. Definitely need to look into it.

And I can't play now. I have class in 30min and tomorrow at noon is no good for me. I'm working and I wouldn't be able to fit a game in at lunch.

Trasher

I haven't had the time to actually research what items do yet. I just ran into the hyperstone one game and kept buying it. Definitely need to look into it.

And I can't play now. I have class in 30min and tomorrow at noon is no good for me. I'm working and I wouldn't be able to fit a game in at lunch.

If you want to play carries to their maximum potential, you need to research their item builds. Hyperstone may sound like a pretty cool item for Drow, but there are much more effective ones for her to maximize damage. And when you are playing an ultra hard carry like Drow, that is your first priority. So instead of purchasing Hyperstone for 2100 gold, you could instead get the Ultimate Orb for the same price which gives you plus 10 to all stats. That means you will be getting 10 more agility which increases your damage, armor, and attack speed as well (not to mention the 10 strength for more hit points too). Then you can use that Ultimate orb to create the Manta Style which is a great item for her.

if you guys really can't play I'll sub for you, trasher

Yeah, I'll need a sub then. Apparently Crow and I have completely opposite schedules these two days lol.

Ok cool well me and Crow will play tonight around 9:30 CT or whenever the Heat game ends. How does this work do I leave on the site and join in game or what?

I hope to deliver a victory and force the AFC into a bigger clusterfuck than it already is

LukeSmith

Trasher and I were just talking about good starting heroes.

So here are some suggestions:
  1. In general, avoid Agility heroes. They are mostly item dependent and you're just going to suck, be underfarmed all game, have no right click power and then be useless.
  2. Most Int heroes are ok for starting out with because there's a bunch that are item independent (Lich, CM, Lion, Lina).
  3. Some Strength Heroes that are pretty simple early on: (Tidehunter, Skeleton King, Sven)

TheCrow

If you want to play carries to their maximum potential, you need to research their item builds. Hyperstone may sound like a pretty cool item for Drow, but there are much more effective ones for her to maximize damage. And when you are playing an ultra hard carry like Drow, that is your first priority. So instead of purchasing Hyperstone for 2100 gold, you could instead get the Ultimate Orb for the same price which gives you plus 10 to all stats. That means you will be getting 10 more agility which increases your damage, armor, and attack speed as well (not to mention the 10 strength for more hit points too). Then you can use that Ultimate orb to create the Manta Style which is a great item for her.

Yeah, I'll need a sub then. Apparently Crow and I have completely opposite schedules these two days lol.
First time hearing about the Manta Style and will try it out. We should play dota sometime so you can see how bad I am. And it's unfortunate that we can't get our schedule in sync. I always enjoy facing new players. The first 3 days of the week are tough for me to schedule since I have class right after work.

Mrbob

GG Shake. You also had a terrible break on one pass play where you burned my blitz but your dude flat out dropped the pass. Would have been a nice 15 to 25 yard gain! Forte had to grind out in yardage that game. Made him work for every yard.

It was strange the game defaulted to my road jersey and your team the home jersey when the Bears hosted!

Sanjuro

still 4 games left yet to be played!

qUlpk.png

No it should be advancing tonight unless Daw holds us up. I'm subbing as the Ravens (someone has yet to tell me how this will work) but I think it looks like the others should happen

GG Shake. You also had a terrible break on one pass play where you burned my blitz but your dude flat out dropped the pass. Would have been a nice 15 to 25 yard gain! Forte had to grind out in yardage that game. Made him work for every yard.

It was strange the game defaulted to my road jersey and your team the home jersey when the Bears hosted!

GG man... Can't ever get anything going on O

Top Bottom