• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Sorry guys I ran into some legit trouble last night. Someone tried to sell me counterfeit super bowl tickets, I called him on it, and shit escalated. I should've known better than to go with Craigslist.

If the game isn't already played. I'll be home early tonight. What time are you around, Live?

McNei1y

Sorry guys I ran into some legit trouble last night. Someone tried to sell me counterfeit super bowl tickets, I called him on it, and shit escalated. I should've known better than to go with Craigslist.

If the game isn't already played. I'll be home early tonight. What time are you around, Live?

Daaaaaaaaamn. Did you throw down? Did the cops arrest the guy? What happened!

Daaaaaaamn! I need more of the story

LiveWire

Damn man, sorry to hear. I feel bad for pestering you now. :( Hopefully you didn't have to deal with that by yourself, you had a friend with you I hope? I had an old co-worker of mine pay $10k for 3 tickets through a broker. Said he wasn't 100% sure until he actually had the tickets in hand that it would be legit.

Anyhoo, I'll be home and ready to play at 6PM PT/9PM ET tonight.

You are generally not a guy I would want to fight, based on the pics and laptops I've seen. So I would love to know how the guy handled things when you called him out.

LukeSmith

I hope you beat the shit out of him

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
There wasn't much to the story lol. He lunged at me, I grabbed him and lifted him off the ground, people in the area broke us up not knowing what happened and I left. I had my gf with me, if she wasn't there I'd have stomped him but I'd be pissed at myself if something happened to her instead of me. With those types of setups, con men typically have someone nearby watching so I didn't want any bs.

Just so lame as fuck that I have to go through some shit because of wanting to go see my team at the big game.

eznark

Banned
There wasn't much to the story lol. He lunged at me, I grabbed him and lifted him off the ground, people in the area broke us up not knowing what happened and I left. I had my gf with me, if she wasn't there I'd have stomped him but I'd be pissed at myself if something happened to her instead of me. With those types of setups, con men typically have someone nearby watching so I didn't want any bs.

Just so lame as fuck that I have to go through some shit because of wanting to go see my team at the big game.

I meant to tell you that the tickets I can use, I can't really sell. Sorry bro. I'm glad you're not dead.

Ramirez

The tickets were the reason you were gonna be gone all weekend? Sucks...but, at least nothing bad happened to you or your g/f.

Livewire, you still wanna double dip tonight?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I meant to tell you that the tickets I can use, I can't really sell. Sorry bro. I'm glad you're not dead.

You don't have to sell them to me friend. Just give them to me in exchange for money. I can also give you back Aaron Rodgers with.

The tickets were the reason you were gonna be gone all weekend?

Yea, I'm going to the Super Bowl, I just have no tickets at the moment. I grew up in not so great areas but last night was eye opening as far as the lengths people will go to get money. It's taken away a lot of my excitement for the game.

Sanjuro

Yea, I'm going to the Super Bowl, I just have no tickets at the moment. I grew up in not so great areas but last night was eye opening as far as the lengths people will go to get money. It's taken away a lot of my excitement for the game.

Need a date? I'll probably put out, just throwing that out there.

DCX

DCX
You don't have to sell them to me friend. Just give them to me in exchange for money. I can also give you back Aaron Rodgers with.

Boogie down is no joke son. Honestly dont know how i made it through high school alive.

DCX

Ramirez

Yea, I'm more than happy to give the AFC North 2 losses tonight.

challenge.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
So how did this go down? You met him, took a look at the tickets and called his bluff? Then he tried to shank you?

Craigslist and:

Tickets
rmc3980 : 2/1/2012 10:02 am
Some things to look at if you are buying before the game:

(1) Face value on tickets are 600, 800, 900 and 1200. The color of the tickets are orange/yellow for all but the 1200 which are grey/blue.

(2) The Lombardi trophy is raised on the ticket. (it is not a flat ticket)
(3) When you put the ticket up the the light there are 5 separate laser cuts into the ticket (resembling rays of light)
(4) There is a hologram on the upper right backside which when turned one way shows the front of the Lucas Field building and the other way shows the letters SB 46

(5) Reverse of the tickets in the center of the bottom of the ticket is a heat sensitive oval logo (SB 46) that if heat is applied (breath) the colors will fade.

Hope this helps anyone who will be looking for tickets on the day of the game.

So this is what they look like.
67736241.jpg

Good thing you checked first, Wellie. At least you still plan on making it. My brother bought his game 5 2006 NBA Finals tickets online and FedEx made a mistake and sent them to Tennessee. Ended up not being able to get them in time.

Smokey, Ferny, Luke, and BYE,

I'm probably going to be incredibly difficult to schedule with until after the 14th of Feb. I have to study for promotion at work so whatever free time i get will likely goto that. Might have to let people sub in for me or SIMIT. After the 14th i should have waaaay more free time, unless I'm depressed from bombing the tests :(

Also, sorry to hear about the SB TIX problems, Wellie. Thats some fucked up shit... shit like that is why i don't trust anything about craigslist. Plus having your girl there with you? Man, it coulda got real ugly real quick.

So this is what they look like.
67736241.jpg

Good thing you checked first, Wellie. At least you still plan on making it. My brother bought his game 5 2006 NBA Finals tickets online and FedEx made a mistake and sent them to Tennessee. Ended up not being able to get them in time.

Luckily I somehow got my NBA finals ticket (game 1 in dallas) on ticketmaster lol

you're a smart guy.

Ramirez

I'd imagine being in any SB city is pretty awesome even if you're not at the game. Half the fun is celebrating your team's victory at a bar afterwards anyway.

You mean drown his sorrows when they fall to Lord Brady?

In a perfect world, the game would never happen!

You mean drown his sorrows when they fall to Lord Brady?

In a perfect world, the game would never happen!

In a perfect world, w/e a Patriots fan brings up Brady and his rings I'll be able to say, "Yeah, but he's no Eli.". This is the world I want to live in.

Let's go G-Men!

LiveWire

godspeed. i hope peyton destroys the bungles

He was in the first game before the disconnect. A-Rodg had two picks. Now I know Wellie is not that bad of a passer. I'm sure now however it will be my turn to be Madden'd. Peyton 5 picks confirmed. :( Add in 3 or 4 fumbles against the Steelers and I'll be 0-2. :( :( :(

LiveWire

Redskins-Bengals kickoff delayed until 7 PT/10 ET due to Bengals' training staff failing to pick out all of the green M&M's from the Red Rifle's candy dish.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker

denzel_intro.jpg

Top Bottom