• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

Mrbob

Yeah, I'm Dota'd. Been only playing with bots though learning the ropes! I'm also getting into Super Monday Night Combat, as this game feels DOTA-esque. DOTA influencing everything!

I'm going to wait for a Steam sale on Amalur. Game looks cool, but I'm hitting my back log right now. Currently engaged in Divinity 2, and the game is pretty fun!

eznark

Banned
Yeah, I'm Dota'd. Been only playing with bots though learning the ropes! I'm also getting into Super Monday Night Combat, as this game feels DOTA-esque. DOTA influencing everything!

I'm going to wait for a Steam sale on Amalur. Game looks cool, but I'm hitting my back log right now. Currently engaged in Divinity 2, and the game is pretty fun!

Fuck yeah dude! That game is great! I just played the Amalur demo on PC after hating it on 360. Somehow, it seems even uglier.

daw840

daw, what's your availability like? And if you can play tonight, what's the latest you can play?

Not really sure. I know that my wife, who happens to be 8 months preggo, waited outside a liquor store this morning for half an hour in the rain to get me a bottle of limited edition 25 dollar Chocolate Ale. Not sure how that's going to affect my ability to play games tonight, lol.

Sanjuro is 5-1? Wow.

Dolphins 9, Patriots 7. NE finishes with 31 rushing yards
Bills 7, Patriots 21. NE finishes with 144 rushing yards
Jags 14, Patriots 21. NE finishes with 74 rushing yards (had 69 passing yards)
Jets 21, Patriots 48. NE finishes with 288 rushing yards
Bills 23, Patriots 28. NE finishes with 83 rushing yards
Cardinals 21, Patriots 24. NE finishes with 178 rushing yards

Stop the run.

Mrbob

Fuck yeah dude! That game is great! I just played the Amalur demo on PC after hating it on 360. Somehow, it seems even uglier.

The one thing playing Divinity 2 and Amalur reminds me no matter how many awesome things Skyrim does (and it does a lot) the combat in the game is still pure ass. Bethesda needs to completely retool Elder Scrolls combat and give it more of an action game punch.

eznark

Banned
The one thing playing Divinity 2 and Amalur reminds me no matter how many awesome things Skyrim does (and it does a lot) the combat in the game is still pure ass. Bethesda needs to completely retool Elder Scrolls combat and give it more of an action game punch.

Story in Divinity is way better. Amalur is so hideous that they should pay me to look at it for 30 hours.

Sokantish

coming along, still weirded out by no warp to base and the gigantic UI.

The UI is the one thing I really hate, I really wish there was a UI scale. It feels like it almost cuts your screen in half because of all the space it takes up and it always seems like it's just a little bit short of what you need to see . Also someone told me you should always be carrying like 2 town portals with you out all times, I dunno how good of advice that is or not though

Trasher

Cmon, warning or not, it's clear you ignored my steam messages which directly interrupt the game. It's also pretty clear from the chat log that you finished the game, knew I was waiting, then jumped into another one. You can do whatever you want with your time, I don't care, just let me know that we aren't going to play so I don't wait around and only get 3.5 hours of sleep on my end.

I understand that, and I already apologized for my mistake. Want me to apologize again? I do feel bad that you didn't get much sleep.

To also be fair, you never told me until your last message that you had to be up super early. I had posted earlier about playing really late and you never said anything about having a time limit that night or having to be up early the next day.

Oh and Steam messages don't directly interrupt the games you play. I didn't even see your last few messages until way later. Even if you have the settings that display them in the corner they are hard to read when you are in the middle of a DotA game lol.

Mrbob

We should get a Madden GAF DOTA game going. Then I can screw up while not having to worry about the larger DOTA community!

TheCrow

We should get a Madden GAF DOTA game going. Then I can screw up while not having to worry about the larger DOTA community!
Thats assuming someone doesn't take it too seriously. But I'd play and it'll be better practice than playing against bots.

eznark

Banned
No one would be worse than me. I have a question, if you're generally terrible at RTS, are you bad at DotA?

Nah, there is far less for you to manage here. You'll eventually get the flow.

Sounds like Ramirez, MrBob, Nightz, myself and Luke on a team! (he'll rage quit 10 minutes in)

BigAT

Nah, there is far less for you to manage here. You'll eventually get the flow.

Sounds like Ramirez, MrBob, Nightz, myself and Luke on a team! (he'll rage quit 10 minutes in)

That's five. Plus myself, Trasher, Wellington, Crow, Bluemax, Ferny.

Smokey

Da shake cleverly avoids smokeytv again so who is going to fill in.

I also found out that I will be a tech mentor to a female new hire from LSU next week. My mind has already wondered...if she's fat that will kill it

Trasher

Can't be scared to play matchmaking. Just gotta man up and face the music at some point. Playing against bots only gets you so far.

McNei1y

gg Gold. You owned me on defense. Nothing I could do. I saw your guys there everytime and I was hoping that Ponder could thread the needle but no dice. And his bitchass fumbles at the start of the half... that was the game right there. Oh yeah, you were the first person I've seen return a kick off in this game. Congratulations!!!

Rookie Watch

Burchette: 6 ints
Merchant: 8 sacks, 1 ff

Smokey, I think I play you next week. I'm down for the smokeytv.

gg Mcneily

Well, that last fumble was fucking stupid. I stopped running because i didn't want to put up more points on you. Then the game goes into a fumble animation and there was nothing i could do about it. The game then tells me to challenge the play, but won't let me. I will always score when I have the opportunity to from now on. People can blame this game for when/if I run the score up on them.

And that bogus pick user you had when the ball went through Pettigrew was so infuriating. At least I returned the favor with a legit pick the next play. Oh well, I guess I shouldn't bitch because I won, but whatever

The pick i threw going into the half was bad too. That was a dumb throw by me and you just marched to score to bring it within a score. I thought for sure you were going to win after that. But my D stepped up, even though your offense is made up of thugs!

One more thing, AP is so hard to bring down sometimes and made some incredible moves in the backfield to get away

McNei1y

gg Mcneily

Well, that last fumble was fucking stupid. I stopped running because i didn't want to put up more points on you. Then the game goes into a fumble animation and there was nothing i could do about it. The game then tells me to challenge the play, but won't let me. I will always score when I have the opportunity to from now on. People can blame this game for when/if I run the score up on them.

lol who gives a shit. I don't care if people win by 1 or 100 it just goes to show that I lost and I need to do better. I wasn't intending on coming back anyway hence the no timeouts and constant run plays. I just wanted to try out some new plays since we don't have a chance to practice with this team. I guess it was cool seeing all of your guys get injured in the 4th though.

TheCrow

Can't be scared to play matchmaking. Just gotta man up and face the music at some point. Playing against bots only gets you so far.
Yeah because even in pubs you'll be facing a decent amount of new players. Bots are useful for exploring characters but getting that real game experience is better.

LiveWire

That's five. Plus myself, Trasher, Wellington, Crow, Bluemax, Ferny.

I have it as well. Once I finish up this hellish project at work next Friday and get back from a trip to LA next weekend, I should be good to go to join the festivities.

lol who gives a shit. I don't care if people win by 1 or 100 it just goes to show that I lost and I need to do better. I wasn't intending on coming back anyway hence the no timeouts and constant run plays. I just wanted to try out some new plays since we don't have a chance to practice with this team. I guess it was cool seeing all of your guys get injured in the 4th though.

Thats why i didn't call you out on anything. I wouldn't have blamed you for trying to score and win. Just saying it was dumb by me and It won't happen again

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
DCX,

you available anytime tomorrow? Not sure how late I'm getting home tonight now. I have all of saturday free though.

DCX

DCX
DCX,

you available anytime tomorrow? Not sure how late I'm getting home tonight now. I have all of saturday free though.

I can play anytime tonight as long as i have a time frame.

Im off the weekend but i have no idea what tomorrow will bring me schedule wise.

So if you dont mind playing tonight regardless of time, im down.

DCX

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I'd rather not play after midnight tonight. But like I said, I could be available for you anytime tomorrow, I'll let you know what my night is looking like around 9pm tonight.

I'll do my best for tonight though.

DCX

DCX
I'd rather not play after midnight tonight. But like I said, I could be available for you anytime tomorrow, I'll let you know what my night is looking like around 9pm tonight.

I'll do my best for tonight though.

That as good as anyone can expect :)

DCX

BigAT

At the very least we could definitely get a 5 man group together to run matchmaking with. I definitely think I've hit the level of "competent" at this point, considering my matchmaking seems to put me in the High skill bracket.

bluemax

Banned
At the very least we could definitely get a 5 man group together to run matchmaking with. I definitely think I've hit the level of "competent" at this point, considering my matchmaking seems to put me in the High skill bracket.

I'd much rather do 5 man premades than in houses. In house games NEVER go good.

LukeSmith

I've wasted two codes on Madden Gaffers already (MrBob like a hundred years ago, and Livewire, who'd rather play LoL anyway). If I get more codes, I'm going to have a hard time throwing codes to people who play like 2 hours and bail (FMT style, MARIIIIIIIIA)

Top Bottom