• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

Like always, tough Game Q. I know it says I won by 10, but it was alot closer than even that. Until Cam went derp in the 4th, i was really on my heels all game

Ramirez

Did anyone catch Erin Rodgers calling out the G-Men for their phantom injuries in the pregame show? Still salty about 3-4 weeks later, I love it.

GCQuinton

Like always, tough Game Q. I know it says I won by 10, but it was alot closer than even that. Until Cam went derp in the 4th, i was really on my heels all game

GG man. I seriously don't think I'm gonna win another game this season. I'm just off with this team right now.

bluemax

Banned
I need to join a Madden league with people who aren't FMT. I think I'd be happier.

Like, real talk, any time I play FMT, Ramirez, DM, Rors or BigAT I seriously consider dropping from this league forever. After 6 years I'm no closer to being competitive with them than when I started and it honestly makes me wonder why those of us who aren't Wellie, CB or Smokey bother playing with these guys.

that was a tough game for you blue. felt like you had a lot of momentum when i was up 14-10 and you had the ball first and goal but then the great equalizer, pwill, bailed me out again.

frank gore dropped another open pass. i don't know whats up with that. i dropped 3 or 4 passes against mcneily, he's dropped countless other, in this game he drops that easy one but then everytime i check the stats page for drops he's not credited with any. the one he did catch you got me for a 4 yard loss.

bluemax

Banned
94 yard td drive, 30 second FG, opening drive of second half for TD yeah I was fucked.

Honest question, how many of the non elites would be open to playing in a second league next season? I'm considering starting another league next year for all of us also rans. I don't want to cannibalize this league though, so if you can only do one, don't play in mine.

I need to join a Madden league with people who aren't FMT. I think I'd be happier.

Like, real talk, any time I play FMT, Ramirez, DM, Rors or BigAT I seriously consider dropping from this league forever. After 6 years I'm no closer to being competitive with them than when I started and it honestly makes me wonder why those of us who aren't Wellie, CB or Smokey bother playing with these guys.

i'm not some unbeatable monster. you beat me last season! some games just get away from you. look at my playoff games against CB/DM. i'm not sure why you stopped running in this game when you had some early success

TheCrow

94 yard td drive, 30 second FG, opening drive of second half for TD yeah I was fucked.

Honest question, how many of the non elites would be open to playing in a second league next season? I'm considering starting another league next year for all of us also rans. I don't want to cannibalize this league though, so if you can only do one, don't play in mine.
I'm in. :D

bluemax

Banned
i'm not some unbeatable monster. you beat me last season! some games just get away from you. look at my playoff games against CB/DM. i'm not sure why you stopped running in this game when you had some early success

I was down 2 TDs and I'm positive that the running success was because I spread the field and caught you off guard. You also kept whiffing on tackles which is a total fluke and unsustainable.

I won last year because you threw two stupid picks which are totally out of character for you.

Listing losses to CB and DM pretty much prove my point.

I'm gonna have to poll my shadow council. You might be too elite for the scrubs league.

I was down 2 TDs and I'm positive that the running success was because I spread the field and caught you off guard. You also kept whiffing on tackles which is a total fluke and unsustainable.

I won last year because you threw two stupid picks which are totally out of character for you.

Listing losses to CB and DM pretty much prove my point.

I'm gonna have to poll my shadow council. You might be too elite for the scrubs league.

well in this game you have 1st and goal inside the 10 only down 14-10 and then you have the unfortunate fumble. so i drive down the field and get another TD, 21-10, and with 30 seconds you throw 3 straight incompletions. it's debateable whether you go for that or not but after a 1st down incompletion you should have run the clock out.

i know you're mad after a loss (i always am) but come on you aren't some scrub. everyone is beatable but you have to have a gameplan and stick with it. you ran maybe a total of 7 times in the 2nd half and 6 of those were when you were just running clock. if you pass every down, anyone in this league is going to beat you

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
it would be a mistake. playing against equal talent doesnt make you better. getting your ass beat makes you better. CK used to beat my ass all the time, along with all the other elites. Thats what made me the player i am today

bluemax

Banned
it would be a mistake. playing against equal talent doesnt make you better. getting your ass beat makes you better. CK used to beat my ass all the time, along with all the other elites. Thats what made me the player i am today

I've shown no discernible improvement in 6 years of playing you guys. I don't really give a fuck any more. I just want to play in a league where someone not named FMT, DM, Ramirez, BigAT, Wellie, Rorschach or CB have can do something.

Its the same shit year in and year out.

Maybe I'm just grumpy from being tired/hungover. Maybe I'm just burned out on this game. I don't even know anymore.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I've shown no discernible improvement in 6 years of playing you guys. I don't really give a fuck any more. I just want to play in a league where someone not named FMT, DM, Ramirez, BigAT, Wellie, Rorschach or CB have can do something.

Maybe I'm just grumpy from being tired/hungover. Maybe I'm just burned out on this game. I don't even know anymore.

You just beat me like two weeks ago. so.....

just play consistent. you've beaten some of the best players in the league but you need to consistently have those performances and then you'll find yourself in the playoffs. once the playoffs start anything can happen!

i felt in the game we just played you didn't run enough and you didn't use your TE's at all. then on defense i felt like you sold out a bit too much on gore, which gave one on one opportunities down the field.

in other news, kapernick the #1 rated QB in the league but not on the probowl roster. for shame LM

I can't wait to run P-will over when I play FMT. Leshourse is going to break Willis's collarbone and be hailed as a hero in the lore of madden history!

And I know alot of people have said it already, but playing in this league has really helped me become a better player. I can usually hang with the "elites" (except fucking DM, dude has my number) to an extent now. Like FMT said, gotta stick to your gameplan and limit mistakes

Trasher

txqEW.jpg
I love the names that the game creates for bots.

I can't wait to run P-will over when I play FMT. Leshourse is going to break Willis's collarbone and be hailed as a hero in the lore of madden history!

And I know alot of people have said it already, but playing in this league has really helped me become a better player. I can usually hang with the "elites" (except fucking DM, dude has my number) to an extent now. Like FMT said, gotta stick to your gameplan and limit mistakes

i'm going to sit willis for our game if you're going to hurt him! i need him healthy for the superbowl

Smokey

Playing against better people will eventually make you better, even if you don't realize it.

I'm not elite in Madden but I do enjoy playing it because well it's football. It also depends on just how much effort you want to put into getting better. After every game I usually go through the replays and see what worked and what didn't, and if it didn't why not.

Or when I got tired of getting slapped around by MaddenGod I took a look at his team and tried to find any weakness I could on his roster and exploited it as best I could. My HD PVR records every game that I stream. Most of the time I delete the footage, but others I'll go back and see what worked in that game and what I did wrong and go from there to improve upon it.

You also have to put in your mind that you can win. For example...next time I play Ram I'm going to tap dat ass so hard he may complain to FMT about me running up the score (in addition to his usual complaints of dropped INTs). I've given him enough leeway and he will be getting the MaddenGod treatment from now on.

Ramirez

Playing against better people will eventually make you better, even if you don't realize it.

I'm not elite in Madden but I do enjoy playing it because well it's football. It also depends on just how much effort you want to put into getting better. After every game I usually go through the replays and see what worked and what didn't, and if it didn't why not.

Or when I got tired of getting slapped around by MaddenGod I took a look at his team and tried to find any weakness I could on his roster and exploited it as best I could. My HD PVR records every game that I stream. Most of the time I delete the footage, but others I'll go back and see what worked in that game and what I did wrong and go from there to improve upon it.

You also have to put in your mind that you can win. For example...next time I play Ram I'm going to tap dat ass so hard he may complain to FMT about me running up the score (in addition to his usual complaints of dropped INTs). I've given him enough leeway and he will be getting the MaddenGod treatment from now on.

How does it feel...to put forth so much effort, but still get the train run on your team when we play?

Sokantish

Man you make me really wish I wish in that league, I always thought I was pretty good at madden but I don't really bother playing online that much so I have no way of knowing really

Man you make me really wish I wish in that league, I always thought I was pretty good at madden but I don't really bother playing online that much so I have no way of knowing really

You can probably get some games in with some of the league members from time to time. People are usually looking for games, especially during the bye weeks

Smokey

How does it feel...to put forth so much effort, but still get the train run on your team when we play?

so much effort for who? maddengod is the only true player i put a lot of effort into beating because i got tired of the ball rubbing he was getting around here as some unbeatable player. you're not as good as him so up to this point i havent put the same amount of effort against you. your team is what saves you.

but that's ok...next time we play you're gonna get a heavy dose of your own medicine.

Ramirez

so much effort for who? maddengod is the only true player i put a lot of effort into beating because i got tired of the ball rubbing he was getting around here as some unbeatable player. you're not as good as him so up to this point i havent put the same amount of effort against you. your team is what saves you.

but that's ok...next time we play you're gonna get a heavy dose of your own medicine.

ball rubbing, lmao.

I'll see you in the championship game princess!

DCX

DCX

I'm all for a second league, but not to replace this one. I relish the practice time. The issue is we can't practice to be better. The vets just are better naturally. They have been playing each others for years.

We need the help, we need the reps. It took me three-four years to beat BigAt. I have beaten just about every vet in our leagues, even if its once. It pushes you, it drives you. We need them to give us a target to where we WILL be someday.

DCX

DCX

DCX
just play consistent. you've beaten some of the best players in the league but you need to consistently have those performances and then you'll find yourself in the playoffs. once the playoffs start anything can happen!

i felt in the game we just played you didn't run enough and you didn't use your TE's at all. then on defense i felt like you sold out a bit too much on gore, which gave one on one opportunities down the field.

in other news, kapernick the #1 rated QB in the league but not on the probowl roster. for shame LM

Very true. I took wins against BigAt and Splat and turned into losses to Q, Levious and McNeily ( no offense guys but record wise, if i can beat them, i should have beaten you guys :/ )

Playing consistent is the key. That is something we will learn over time. Right now we have the ability to beat anyone, but not the ability to do it week in and week out.

DCX

Top Bottom