• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

Someone fill me in to what jgar means, as well as :jnc

jeffgarcia.jpg

The last decent QB in SF. and :jnc is just a replacement :lol, being synonymous with the poster Jakncoke.

It means "in the closet"

lolololololololol

gg sokantish. you will be a good addition to the league! raiders have some speed on the outside and it became a chess game if you could catch me with one on one on the outside.... sometimes i had deep coverage but they even outran that!

luckily carson palmer do what he do: throw picks!

Sokantish

It's so typical Carson. Some of those picks were really dumb on my part, also I kind of got into Ask Madden mode for a while there so sorry if any twins came up I forgot all about that, and then one time I forgot about controlling the blocker on kick off so I just ran out of the endzone

It's so typical Carson. Some of those picks were really dumb on my part, also I kind of got into Ask Madden mode for a while there so sorry if any twins came up I forgot all about that, and then one time I forgot about controlling the blocker on kick off so I just ran out of the endzone

i told you holmes, i don't give a shit if people run twins on me!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
i have used it a grand total of 0 times this season in league play. i have used it MAYBE 10 times combined in 2 1/2 seasons, and of those 10 times more than half were runs!

the brokenness of Twins isnt limited to passing plays. I figured that out in season 1 when runs out of twins (especially counters) always seemed to go for atleast 10 yards. usually more. I put that together with Lonestars CONSTANT twin counter run calls in NCAA and came to that logical conclusion. Different games that obviously share some similarities.

But keep trying to justify it!

the brokenness of Twins isnt limited to passing plays. I figured that out in season 1 when runs out of twins (especially counters) always seemed to go for atleast 10 yards. usually more. I put that together with Lonestars CONSTANT twin counter run calls in NCAA and came to that logical conclusion. Different games that obviously share some similarities.

yup, the defense lines up incorrectly. They're not where they're spose to be on any play. Corner on the right with twin receivers on the left? Run left, you now have an extra blocker.

Trasher

MaddenGAF, I gotta talk to Trasher to figure out when we can do it, but:

I propose we do an in-house DOTA night to try and help folks new to the game to learn some of the ropes.

It won't be a "try hard" game, Trasher will play someone he sucks with or doesn't know and we'll each take a team and try and explain as much as we can to get MaddenGAF rolling in DOTA.

Sounds good. Let's set up a date!

plenty of people have run on me and passed on me in twins without success. i think its more like YOU trying to justify things, like when i beat you that one time and you came on here all butthurt that i ran twins all game when i ran it 4 times which resulted in a 4 yard TD pass, 2 losses on run plays and an interception.

i get why people dont want to play against it but it's not some guaranteed success

Smokey

Twins is like that dumb play that daw kept running in 2K that one season.

Eventually it had to be banned. Too bad FMT has the balls the size of grapes

BigAT

plenty of people have run on me and passed on me in twins without success. i think its more like YOU trying to justify things, like when i beat you that one time and you came on here all butthurt that i ran twins all game when i ran it 4 times which resulted in a 4 yard TD pass, 2 losses on run plays and an interception.

i get why people dont want to play against it but it's not some guaranteed success

That's because Patrick Willis is the only thing more broken than Twins.

daw840

Nightz ran a formation on me that was something like this.

WR WR OOOOO TE

That's basically twins right there with the TE out wide right.

Nightz

Nightz ran a formation on me that was something like this.

WR WR OOOOO TE

That's basically twins right there with the TE out wide right.

It was a 3 wide set with a package that sets Gates as a receiver. I was moving Gates around the whole game.

Splat

I played a random shitty ranked game last night that went to OT. Brandon Marshall caught a TD to end it that on review had both feet planted out of bounds as he caught it, but there was no review. Are there no booth/coach challenge possible if the play ends the game? Good lord that's terrible.

if we take away all the bullshit that martin and scola and fucking YOU get in every game we play, then you can take away my FTs and i would still have won comfortably.

it's okay though, i'm using the best roster in the game, i'm supposed to make u mad

Smokey

Comfortably insinuates a blowout...that won't happen.

Also how are hitting jumpshots considered BS up against leroid lowering his overgrown shoulder into the defender everytime and getting an and 1

DCX

DCX
Irl, LeBron does that in every game.

Yea...but its built in bail out ai tactics. I did thr same thing with Shump and Melo and got nothing but blocked and misses.

I dont worry much..i have only played four online 2k games. I havent begun to lab...why lab..no league :(

DCX

Ramirez

Ya know, I was watching Mike & Mike yesterday morning and was reminded of the 12 man on the field penalty with like 17 seconds left. I was STUNNED that the time isn't put back on the clock in a situation like that, and they even alluded that the Giants may have did it on purpose. Throw in Aaron's comments of phantom injuries and we may have found the RL equivalent of shark waters!

Definitely a rule that needs to be changed though, what is that a 5 yard penalty? What a punishment!

Speaking of ESPN shows in the morning, I can't stand first take anymore when Rob Parker is on. Everybody has their opinions on Skip and Stephen A but Rob Parker is a fucking moron who straight up talks out of his ass.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ya know, I was watching Mike & Mike yesterday morning and was reminded of the 12 man on the field penalty with like 17 seconds left. I was STUNNED that the time isn't put back on the clock in a situation like that, and they even alluded that the Giants may have did it on purpose. Throw in Aaron's comments of phantom injuries and we may have found the RL equivalent of shark waters!

Definitely a rule that needs to be changed though, what is that a 5 yard penalty? What a punishment!

I too was surprised they didn't put the time back, but on that 12 men penalty, it 100% was not on purpose. Justin Tuck was running off the field with helmet in hand, and was short by a few strides when the ball was snapped.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
it's the same as if it was an offsides. Free chance for the offense, if you want the time put back then you have to change the penalty to a dead ball foul.

it's the same as if it was an offsides. Free chance for the offense, if you want the time put back then you have to change the penalty to a dead ball foul.

Or you make a rule only applying for under 2 minutes in a half so that all time is placed back on the clock for any accepted flag.

Or my already proposed powerplay scenario.

Ramirez

I too was surprised they didn't put the time back, but on that 12 men penalty, it 100% was not on purpose. Justin Tuck was running off the field with helmet in hand, and was short by a few strides when the ball was snapped.

Yea, I was just trolling. I was actually making fun of Rodger's adamant accusations of phantom injuries in the pregame show, lol.

Top Bottom