• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

Ramirez

I have no clue how badly it would effect the games, would a spectator mode cause lag for the 2 people playing?

I remember MS pimping PGR TV back when it launched, I really thought that was gonna be a staple of all games this gen.

Smokey

They will not introduce spectator mode unless they can make money on it. Then release it as some type of DLC and call it a day.

I have no clue how badly it would effect the games, would a spectator mode cause lag for the 2 people playing?

I remember MS pimping PGR TV back when it launched, I really thought that was gonna be a staple of all games this gen.

Forza has had a spectator mode since at least Forza 2. Prolly just PGR competing with that (not positive who had it first).

Would be sweet if Live offered it for all games.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Peyton is going out the same way McNabb did in Washington. Where QB's go to die

In real life and madden

LukeSmith

Manning in review:
  • Luke Season 1 with Manning: 479 attempts 18 INTs
  • Luke Season 2 with Manning 311 attempts 15 INTs
  • Livewire Season 1 with Manning 161 attempts 13 INTs

Peter Tanico Season 2 (Livewire) 343 attempts 32 INTs.

So Livewire's turnovers are only SLIGHTLY mitigated by Manning thus far.

Is it the game, or the playa

LiveWire

Good teams, bad teams, doesn't matter. LJ regularly wrecked people with the Bills, year in and year out!

I regularly wrecked LJ with the Rams and the Redskins. If you don't think Peyton has dramatically improved the Redskins offense I don't know what to say.

Peyton Manning QB Redskins 110.3 104/161 64.6 1963 18.9 18 13
Ben Roethlisberger QB Steelers 97.6 119/187 63.6 1746 14.7 17 12

LukeSmith

I regularly wrecked LJ with the Rams and the Redskins. If you don't think Peyton has dramatically improved the Redskins offense I don't know what to say.

No one regularly wrecked LJ. You beat him once with the Rams. I beat him a couple times, and he beat me pretty much every time it counted (in the playoffs), or Rors/MMK did!

What I've noticed from this league: You win, it's because of skill. You lose, it's because of the game.

The thing Ram is overlooking is that Livewire at least has to press a button to throw a ball. Of the 11 fumbles in our last two games, Ram controlling a player resulted in 2 of them. That's 9 fumbles by his team -- for free

LiveWire

No one regularly wrecked LJ. You beat him once with the Rams. I beat him a couple times, and he beat me pretty much every time it counted (in the playoffs), or Rors/MMK did!

And 3 times with the Redskins. I went 4 TDs 1 INT 300+yds with Peter Tanico against CB last season. Is it the player or the game?

CB3

And 3 times with the Redskins. I went 4 TDs 1 INT 300+yds with Peter Tanico against CB last season. Is it the player or the game?

The blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.

You find my nuts far more often.

Striker

Still not around Striker?
Not going to be able to. :\

I PM'ed both CB and FMT about asking for a sub. If they're interested in playing they can feel free. Obviously guys like Ramirez and Wellington shouldn't because they are division guys, so. :p I don't care who does it personally but I just threw out those two since they're always willing to jump in when needed, DCX is another who volunteers.

DCX

DCX
Not going to be able to. :\

I PM'ed both CB and FMT about asking for a sub. If they're interested in playing they can feel free. Obviously guys like Ramirez and Wellington shouldn't because they are division guys, so. :p I don't care who does it personally but I just threw out those two since they're always willing to jump in when needed, DCX is another who volunteers.

I can if no one is able. I can play around 9:30 ish

DCX

CB3

Trasher, play before I get home from work, I gotta get my fix in tonight.

rick_james.jpg

Dota's a hell of a drug

Ramirez

The thing Ram is overlooking is that Livewire at least has to press a button to throw a ball. Of the 11 fumbles in our last two games, Ram controlling a player resulted in 2 of them. That's 9 fumbles by his team -- for free

And what you conveniently overlook is that the majority of those fumbles came from you scrambling with your QB, a staple of the Colts offense.

Mrbob

Ready when you are Bob

I won't be free till around 9 central tonight most likely.

Hoping I can finally play complete game for once. I've had games where my offense has played well and my defense sucked, or my offense sucked and my defense played well. Need to put it all together or it will be a rough second half of the season for me!

Spectator mode would be the best thing to happen to madden as in terms of online (franchise) play and competition EA needs to jump on it. I dont think it would make it laggy in SSFIV you can have 2 people playing and 6 spectating and it doesnt lag one bit.

eznark

Banned
I won't be free till around 9 central tonight most likely.

Hoping I can finally play complete game for once. I've had games where my offense has played well and my defense sucked, or my offense sucked and my defense played well. Need to put it all together or it will be a rough second half of the season for me!

Cool, I'll be wither swtor'ing ot dota'in, just hit me on steam

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Good game birdman, just couldn't get any consistency on offense. You controlled the ball well.

Birdman02

Good game birdman, just couldn't get any consistency on offense. You controlled the ball well.

GG man. I got lucky on an early dropped pick by your DB, but Brees was on fire after that. I think turnovers were the difference. You moved the ball pretty well, but my D made a couple of big picks.

bluemax

Banned
What I've noticed from this league: You win, it's because of skill. You lose, it's because of the game.

Dat Dunning Krueger effect.

Except for me when I win it's because the game let me get lucky (at least against the ELITE SQUAD) and when I lose its because I am bad and should feel bad.

I think I'm a combined 4 and 1000000 against Rors, DM, CB, FMT, Ramirez, Luke, Smokey, BigAT, LJ and Wellington.

I know that since taking over as the Seahawks I've beaten FMT twice. In 3 years of Madden I have beaten the best player in my division twice. I'm like 2-12 against him since Madden 2010. And in both of those games I got lucky and my victories were 100% not repeatable or based off any sort of improvement or gameplan.

The closest I came to beating DM was the first time I played him when I filled in as the Eagles and lost on a hail mary.

I beat Rors once in like 3 years and that was because LT went for 250 yards rushing and the Charger defense was stupid over rated that year.

I have never beaten Ramirez, I think the rain game in season 1 of this franchise is the first time I finished within 20 points of him.

I beat Luke once when LT broke a 95 yard TD run when I was trying to run the clock out in the first half.

I think my win over CB this season is the first time I've beaten him.

LJ used to hang 40 on me with ease.

Etc etc.

Except for me when I win it's because the game let me get lucky (at least against the ELITE SQUAD) and when I lose its because I am bad and should feel bad.

I think I'm a combined 4 and 1000000 against Rors, DM, CB, FMT, Ramirez, Luke, Smokey, BigAT, LJ and Wellington.

I know that since taking over as the Seahawks I've beaten FMT twice. In 3 years of Madden I have beaten the best player in my division twice. I'm like 2-12 against him since Madden 2010. And in both of those games I got lucky and my victories were 100% not repeatable or based off any sort of improvement or gameplan.

The closest I came to beating DM was the first time I played him when I filled in as the Eagles and lost on a hail mary.

I beat Rors once in like 3 years and that was because LT went for 250 yards rushing and the Charger defense was stupid over rated that year.

I have never beaten Ramirez, I think the rain game in season 1 of this franchise is the first time I finished within 20 points of him.

I beat Luke once when LT broke a 95 yard TD run when I was trying to run the clock out in the first half.

Etc etc.

this is my unbiased assessment on why you didn't beat me, and maybe some of these issues are why you don't make the playoffs consistently:

1. no surprises on defense. i basically knew what i was getting from the opening snap and you never made an adjustment. i had my speed WR matched up 1 on 1 almost the entire game. nothing was ever done to combat this and as a result he had over 100 yards receiving.

2. again to that note, no spy on kapernick for most of the game. i burned you with some timely runs because of it.

3. going back to the defense, there were a lot of my guys who you put help over the top on.... why? i wasn't throwing to them, i wasn't looking at them, and even if they have 1 on 1, they don't have the speed to hurt you badly.

4. on offense, after your first couple drives, i just adjusted to the only thing you were doing. you got me early by coming out with "2 wr" sets which were actually 3 WR sets because you put your speed back in the slot. obviously im not going to come out in nickle if i see 2-1-2 but what i would do is come out in my base formation and audible the way i'd need if you did have that 3 WR look. you'd usually run a fly pattern with your speed WR with a slant underneath or just run the slot WR on a slant. there were plays where i'd take away that slot RB guy and then my pass rush either got there or made you hurry the throw

5. baffling that you didn't run more. you were having success and then you just started chucking the ball around the park. well i'll take my odds there!

just seems like you don't have a balanced or consistent plan to win on either side of the ball. in my opinion, i will take a team dink and dunking me down the field if needed because the more plays you run the more chances i have to get a turnover and i feel eventually people will make a mistake. sometimes its just a guessing game and you go after your opponents #1 target, then they panic.

but who knows, maybe im wrong about all this and i just got lucky!

bluemax

Banned
The running success was unsustainable and I knew it. Also I was down. I was running when it was 14-10 but after the fumble I didnt see the ball again until it was 31-10 halfway through the third.

The deep balls to your slot guy were times you caught me with no deep safety. You didn't have that guy before and have never done that with your passing so I was unprepared for it.

You scrambled more with Kapernick than you ever have and more than CB did against me with Vick. After 3 years of you doing the same offense over and over with Gore, Chlamydia and Crab apples you three a bunch of new shit at me that I wasn't ready for.

I also gave up after the half because the game was over.

I had a plan on offense in the first half and it worked. I put up 10 points and was in position for more before the fumble.

I know that on offense I can't run on you consistently and I can't throw over the middle. That really cuts my options down considering your corners.

I accept that I'm fucking terrible at this game but since you've forgotten what it's like to be overmatched don't pretend you know what my thought processes are FMT.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Once again proving, it's not the players in the game, but the player behind the sticks!

This of course applies to QB, and for the most part, RB.

Etc etc.

We played a number of games that were very close. I'm sure you beat me up a bunch of times but for the most part you'd lose because you threw a lot of ints or some BS fumbles came about.

I think that you can do one of two things - spend more time playing or spend more time working on strategy and some of the nuances of the game. You're a very knowledgeable guy, so you can do either or. I'm not good on the sticks, so I rely a lot on having to trick dudes or putting my players into advantageous position. My play as of late has suffered because I haven't had the time to practice or scheme. This is easily one of my worst seasons. -_-

CB3

You scrambled more with Kapernick than you ever have and more than CB did against me with Vick. After 3 years of you doing the same offense over and over with Gore, Chlamydia and Crab apples you three a bunch of new shit at me that I wasn't ready for.

The myth that i run a ton has been greatly exagurated by people who run 2 Man base all game and become upset when i burn them with it at the end up the game.

An ideal passing game for me is never having to even leave the pocket.

Although season 1 was a different beast. My O-line was trash and was forced to run for my life a ton

Your comments about DOTA are why Kyle Williams exists

seconded

The myth that i run a ton has been greatly exagurated by people who run 2 Man base all game and become upset when i burn them with it at the end up the game.

I never thought you ran too much with Vick. You only did it when I had great coverage against you in our few games. I had more trouble with Mcribb scrambling than Vick

The running success was unsustainable and I knew it. Also I was down. I was running when it was 14-10 but after the fumble I didnt see the ball again until it was 31-10 halfway through the third.

The deep balls to your slot guy were times you caught me with no deep safety. You didn't have that guy before and have never done that with your passing so I was unprepared for it.

I also gave up after the half because the game was over.

I had a plan on offense in the first half and it worked. I put up 10 points and was in position for more before the fumble.

I know that on offense I can't run on you consistently and I can't throw over the middle. That really cuts my options down considering your corners.

I accept that I'm fucking terrible at this game but since you've forgotten what it's like to be overmatched don't pretend you know what my thought processes are FMT.

just telling you what i saw. likes i said at the end, could be totally wrong about it all!

Although season 1 was a different beast. My O-line was trash and was forced to run for my life a ton

Cause there are so many successful zones against 4 and 5 wide. :|

Honestly if you want a way to even it out it would be you can user LB blitz Vick at any time. After all, he becames a rb at the turn of a dime. Feel like it'd be easier to contain you inside the DTs if I could do that. It's the only way I'd be able to stop the O you used to beat me that time I missed the playoffs by one victory. And by O I mean send everyone deep and run with Vick, then throw deep, rinse repeat.

At least you only resorted to these tactics on the game-winning drive. It's almost like you know its cheesey and don't want to resort to it.

Top Bottom