• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

Any1 want to scrim? Eating dinner in about an hour. Looking to get a scrim in after that/before Smokey.

Coffee-molasses marinated grilled pork chops. Smokey's getting full attention, can't go 2-6.

McNei1y

Dammit Smokey, GG. Nothing I can say about that. I had the lead all game and then the third came around and it was just absolutely ugly. I think I had like 8 turnovers in that period alone! Lowry just pick pocketing my guys left and right. I got frustrated at a few of my passes since they decided to chuck it across court. And my guys seriously need to work on layups. That was really fun. I'm going to grab some dinner and do some work but I'm down to play later/another time for sure. We need to get a league going!! I have a few friends who are trying to ball.

That's the thing that sucks with the Wizards. They don't really have a do it themself kind of guy like Martin. All of my games look like that box score in the end (meaning everyone will have the pretty much the same amount of points).

Smokey

Dammit Smokey, GG. Nothing I can say about that. I had the lead all game and then the third came around and it was just absolutely ugly. I think I had like 8 turnovers in that period alone! Lowry just pick pocketing my guys left and right. I got frustrated at a few of my passes since they decided to chuck it across court. And my guys seriously need to work on layups. That was really fun. I'm going to grab some lunch and do some work but I'm down to play later/another time for sure. We need to get a league going!! I have a few friends who are trying to ball.

That's the thing that sucks with the Wizards. They don't really have a do it themself kind of guy like Martin. All of my games look like that box score in the end (meaning everyone will have the pretty much the same amount of points).

You have to have perfect timing to pass the ball in traffic. And yeah most cross court passes are gonna get tipped/picked. I think they probably wanted to avoid a cheese situation there and make you work the ball around or something to reverse it to the other side of the court.

Lowry had a crazy stat line...17 pts 10 rebs 7 assists 6 steals

McNei1y

You have to have perfect timing to pass the ball in traffic. And yeah most cross court passes are gonna get tipped/picked. I think they probably wanted to avoid a cheese situation there and make you work the ball around or something to reverse it to the other side of the court.

Yeah. I was planning on doing that but at one point I had Vesely coming in from the top of the key and McGee on the opposite side of the court and instead of threading the ball to Vesely with a simple bounce pass, Booker decides to do some chuck through the lane to McGee. Similar situations happened as well. I feel like directional passing doesn't work for me in any game (including FIFA).

Smokey

Yeah. I was planning on doing that but at one point I had Vesely coming in from the top of the key and McGee on the opposite side of the court and instead of threading the ball to Vesely with a simple bounce pass, Booker decides to do some chuck through the lane to McGee. Similar situations happened as well. I feel like directional passing doesn't work for me in any game (including FIFA).

I use icon passing probably 98% of the time. Habit.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker

Lowry had a crazy stat line...17 pts 10 rebs 7 assists 6 steals

Doesn't compare to the 45-5-5-5 I dropped with Kobe

Smokey

How many games does it take for 2K's online franchise to completely break this year?

nobody knows!

that's the fun part!

i want 5v5 team-up sessions we used to have(when it worked lool). 10 people in party chat, 10 people playing. twas good. of course you had to try 20x to finally connect

Ferny

Ferny if you missed previous post, I'm looking for bills availability.

I saw it. Just got off work no real time to reply but he will be available tomorrow. I'll let him know and get you a time.

It sucks that i've been posting atleast three times for Jags to play and have not gotten anything back so it'll be simmed :/

Smokey

Read this about 2k12 Online Association:

I think we’ve all been in a league at one point or another where a certain member of the league was taking advantage of other players or was involved in collusion of some sort. We are offering your league protection with the ability to nominate users for removal from the league. In Public Associations, a vote can be requested to have a player kicked from an Association in which he/she has exhibited questionable behavior. In Private Associations, the commissioner has the ability to remove a player from his/her league at any time. We know you all take your online leagues seriously, so it was important for us to provide you with the tools you need to maintain these leagues over a period of multiple seasons.

Some of yall lucky this wasn't around back in the day. Like Bob.

Smokey

Make a tournament thread. Honestly from what I read about OA it fucking sucks. Commish has no control, can't sim/adjust/change games. No slider adjustments.

Tournament cuts right to the point

But how will we do seeding?

And we can't even make tournaments. Are you saying we are going to have to resort to league-daddyish measures?

Splat

I saw it. Just got off work no real time to reply but he will be available tomorrow. I'll let him know and get you a time.

It sucks that i've been posting atleast three times for Jags to play and have not gotten anything back so it'll be simmed :/

Aight. Note: I'm PST so later the better.

McNei1y

Make a tournament thread. Honestly from what I read about OA it fucking sucks. Commish has no control, can't sim/adjust/change games. No slider adjustments.

Tournament cuts right to the point

I feel like none of the online leagues in any game allow you to change game results. The Sim thing is automatically taken care of at those deadlines though, right?

Smokey

I feel like none of the online leagues in any game allow you to change game results. The Sim thing is automatically taken care of at those deadlines though, right?

You could assign wins/losses and reset individual games every year up until 2k12.
And yeah once the advancement comes it sims all unplayed games. But what about those games that disconnected? Can't reset them or anything.

McNei1y

You could change results in 2k every year up until 2k12.

And yeah once the advancement comes it sims all unplayed games. But what about those games that disconnected? Can't reset them or anything.

Oh true. I haven't been in a 2k league since 2k8 I believe so I was just assuming. That's pretty lame. How is 2k still a company dammit!

DCX

DCX
Oh true. I haven't been in a 2k league since 2k8 I believe so I was just assuming. That's pretty lame. How is 2k still a company dammit!

i was actually happy when the EA take over rumors came about. 2K game with the EA treatment and resources.

DCX

LiveWire

Are we doing a MaddenGAF DOTA night? I'm out this weekend but free tonight or tomorrow night. All your base belong to my Shadow Shaman.

Next advance date: Saturday, 2/11/12 @ 6 pm pst

Offensive POTW: LeSean Mccoy (Eagles) - 19 rushes, 231 yards, 3 TD's
Defensive POTW: Demeco Ryans (Texans) - 3 Tackles, 3 Sacks, 1 FF

Game of the week: Packers defeat Bears, 21-14; eznark will not go quietly into the night, he will not go down without a fight. he's going to live on etc etc. Bob continues his mid-season slide.
Upcoming game of the week: Bucs Vs. 49ers; it's time to take out the garbage!

sorry about your guy getting hurt striker :/

btw, for anyone that might be doing sims in the future, in order to turn injuries off you need to go into the admin section, turn injuries "off", then back out of that section to save it before advancing. then go BACK into that section and then hit advance. it's stupid but that's just the way EA designed it :/

bluemax

Banned
Code:
Jaguars	    0	8	0
Chiefs	    1	6	0
Panthers    1   6	0
Ravens	    1	6	0
Dolphins    2   5	0
Rams	    2	5	0
Bengals	    2	5	0
Vikings	    3	5	0
Bills	    3	4	0
Cowboys	    3	4	0
Falcons	    3	4	0
Jets	    3	4	0
Redskins    3	4	0
Titans	    3	4	0
Chargers    4	4	0
Colts	    4	4	0
Raiders	    4	4	0
Seahawks    4   4	0
Cardinals   4	3	0
Lions	    4	3	0
Packers	    4	3	0
Texans	    4	3	0
Eagles	    5	3	0
Bears	    5	2	0
Buccs	    5	2	0
Browns	    5	2	0
Giants	    5	2	0
Patriots    5   2	0
Saints	    5	2	0
Steelers    5	2	0
Broncos	    7	1	0
49ers	    7	0	0

Ferny, apparently you are my opponent. I can play whenever.

Top Bottom