• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

DCX

DCX
I was told that the not going for it on fourth rule doesn't apply to that situation. Unless it's a case of running up the score.

Grey areas exist. Some go for it in no mans land 48-40 yard line. Going for it with a lead is a no no, but i do understand what ram is saying...still dicey.

DCX

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Grey areas exist. Some go for it in no mans land 48-40 yard line. Going for it with a lead is a no no, but i do understand what ram is saying...still dicey.

DCX

Yeah, I thought it was just a hard rule in Season 1, I kicked a field goal late in the first half against I think FMT on 4th and goal within inches thinking I had no choice.

Ramirez

GG but stop bitching about me trying to play by the rules.

Who is bitching? I just said I wasn't a fan of you guilt tripping me into keeping you in the game, if I score, it's over, case closed. Kick a FG, and you're still in the game, which you proved on the next drive.

I was told that the not going for it on fourth rule doesn't apply to that situation. Unless it's a case of running up the score.

edit: oh wait, Ram was winning... I think that's the key difference.

Was Striker winning when he did that to you Ram? I don't recall.

I think he was winning, or a FG would have let him take the lead, I don't remember really, I just remember he went for it on 4th and goal, when I was of the mindset we always kick FGs on 4th down.

Luke went for it on 4th down in the 1st freaking quarter in the playoffs last season against me near midfield, so suck a dick trying to say I'm breaking a rule going for it on the 1, lol.

I see you Smoke!

DCX

DCX
I forgot rules only apply to some of us!

id5iRdZ3XTSpG.gif

which some?

DCX

LukeSmith

It's not about what you would have done. The score is 13-0, I'm on your 1 yard line, the 3rd quarter is running out. Like I said, IF I failed (which is highly likely), you would have had to go 99 yards and chew up a decent amount of clock to score, or I could score and end any chance of you coming back. Instead I kick the FG and you score in like 2 plays on your next possession making it a 1 score game with 5-6 minutes to go, I then go 3 and out and the game just looked to be taking a total nose dive since I didn't go with my gut. Ended up working out for me, but in the future, if I feel like that's a better choice for me, I'm gonna do it, and not worry about your feelings, that's all I was saying.

I would've gone for it in this situation. High risk, high reward. I go for it on 4th down when I feel like it, no fucks given.

btw, Smokey has had LB Brian Cushing suspended for his next game due to a late hit on that quarterback he hurt.

DCX

DCX
I would've gone for it in this situation. High risk, high reward. I go for it on 4th down when I feel like it, no fucks given.

btw, Smokey has had LB Brian Cushing suspended for his next game due to a late hit on that quarterback he hurt.

KuGsj.gif

DCX

Sanjuro

GG Colasante. Made it close very late, selected the wrong play accidentally close to the end of the game and threw an unnecessary pick.

Only beef was that early 4th down. Not sure why you went for it there.

Smokey

wait a fucking minute

It was Watt that did the hit, not Cushing. Watt will glady take the 1 game suspension.

Sanjuro

I hate having Beason on my roster. Every time I go to check my injuries I see "career ending".

Wess Hess is out for three weeks. :/

BigAT

GAF in-house at 9 PM EST tonight? No point in just talking about it.

It's not like any of you have anything better to do, LINSANITY is off tonight.

bluemax

Banned
What in the world does that have to do with anything? :|

You've made it to two SBs, your opinion therefore does not count!

Because if you're good enough to make it that far twice in a row then obviously the little things in this game shouldn't be enough to bother you.

Ramirez

Because if you're good enough to make it that far twice in a row then obviously the little things in this game shouldn't be enough to bother you.

I still don't want to lose a game because I feel like I'm stepping on someone's toes by doing what I feel is right in the situation.

LukeSmith

GAF in-house at 9 PM EST tonight? No point in just talking about it.

It's not like any of you have anything better to do, LINSANITY is off tonight.

I could run one at like 630 or so, once I'm home and the dog is sorted before my regular group is on

Nightz

Thursday nights are the only nights that I can't do much gaming since I have to go somewhere. I can't join you guys for Dota tonight. :(

LiveWire

There's Five Guys in Denver too? Jeezus they're everywhere now. I never imagined that dump near my first apartment would ever get this big.

LiveWire

Five Guys<<In N Out unfortunately. I'm jealous of you west coasters.

YEP. Except it's not West Coasters, it's Californians
and Nevadans, Arizonans, New Mexicans and a handful of Texans

No good burgers at all up here. This city blows when it comes to burgers. They've got the late night hotdog carts down to a science though.

Ferny

That running back Rodman needs to get injured for me to lock that up. I passed on him because of his shitty injury rating but I think he's been healthy all year. Would have rather taken him than Bolton.

Yup healthy all year and hasn't been hurt in a game at all and he's had a fair share of runs.

Nightz

Five Guys<<In N Out unfortunately. I'm jealous of you west coasters.

Eh, In N Out's ok. It's good, but I never really got the obsession with it. There are better places here in San Diego that aren't as well known that I'd rather go to.

And now I have just made myself hungry.

LiveWire

Eh, In N Out's ok. It's good, but I never really got the obsession with it. There are better places here in San Diego that aren't as well known that I'd rather go to.

And now I have just made myself hungry.

Well you're also in San Diego. I could eat dogshit right off of the sidewalk in San Diego and I'd be fucking ecstatic because I was in San Diego.

Top Bottom