• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

Mrbob

Oh yeah, the final stretch saltiness for the rest of the season has begun! It will only get worse with each passing week! Can't wait the weekly explosions (me included)!

Ramirez

This post is probably the most depressing thing DCX will read all day.

dayum

So basically in a situation where you can seal a victory you should treat it as you are losing therefor rules dont apply.

Got it. Im cutting my punter and going XFL style here on out. TwinsForLife!!

DCX

You act as if no team in the NFL has never gone for it on the 1 yard line regardless of what the score was.

Yeah, fuck this no use of Twins. I don't think I've used it all season long because I don't want that to be some built in excuse if I win but many of my opponents use twins extensively and I don't give a fuck that they're doing it and apparently neither do they, so I'm not giving a shit anymore if I run twins 3 straight times.

I'm gonna be as nice as I can be, some of you could run twins all game and still have the same record you do now, it's no where near as broken as you guys try and make it out to be. I ran twins twice yesterday against AT because I knew if I ran it more than a few times it would be on his bullet point list. He stuffed both of the runs for like 3-4 yard losses, imagine my astonishment when I thought to myself, "this is supposed to be unstoppable!?".

I'm gonna be as nice as I can be, some of you could run twins all game and still have the same record you do now, it's no where near as broken as you guys try and make it out to be. I ran twins twice yesterday against AT because I knew if I ran it more than a few times it would be on his bullet point list. He stuffed both of the runs for like 3-4 yard losses, imagine my astonishment when I thought to myself, "this is supposed to be unstoppable!?".

I never said anything about having a better record, don't put words in my mouth. All I said is I'm going to do whatever the hell I want with no regard of what my opponent thinks. It's always more fun to play when you can eliminate that extra filter.

Ramirez

I never said anything about having a better record, don't put words in my mouth. All I said is I'm going to do whatever the hell I want with no regard of what my opponent thinks. It's always more fun to play when you can eliminate that extra filter.

I didn't mean you specifically, even though I quoted you. I just meant in general, but yea, I have no problem with any offense people want to run. I only get pissed when people refuse to run more than 4-5 plays.

DCX

DCX
dayum

You act as if no team in the NFL has never gone for it on the 1 yard line regardless of what the score was.

My Falcons are proof of derping in all fourth down situations regardless of score and situation.

Us lesser folks bitch becuase its hard enough to play you guys tough and force a fourth down and know in the back of your head that according to rules in place ( suggested ?) You have stopped them and will get the ball back.

If it means lifting regulations to avoid bitchassness, do it. Some of us play to the letter of the rules..which may hamper us when others freestyle them based on "situations" that benefit them at the time.

Its whatever. It might let us lesser plebs just go Brent Farve and just sling and slang with no regards to invisable boundries that we have been playing with.

We might as well tell rooks there arent any rules except manual rushing a lb and manual catching. All else is giod and should fall under the "sim" league umbrella.

DCX

Ramirez

My Falcons are proof of derping in all fourth down situations regardless of score and situation.

Us lesser folks bitch becuase its hard enough to play you guys tough and force a fourth down and know in the back of your head that according to rules in place ( suggested ?) You have stopped them and will get the ball back.

If it means lifting regulations to avoid bitchassness, do it. Some of us play to the letter of the rules..which may hamper us when others freestyle them based on "situations" that benefit them at the time.

Its whatever. It might let us lesser plebs just go Brent Farve and just sling and slang with no regards to invisable boundries that we have been playing with.

We might as well tell rooks there arent any rules except manual rushing a lb and manual catching. All else is giod and should fall under the "sim" league umbrella.

DCX

I probably wouldn't have even thought about anything but a FG if I was playing someone else. I was playing AT though, I have enough respect for AT's game, that I know when I have an opportunity to bury him, I need to take it. It's not breaking a rule, it's knowing your opponent. I'd do the same against FMT, DM, etc.

That said, I know I'm dragging this out well beyond it's window of time that anyone cares, but I would like a final call on whether or not it's allowed or not from FMT. Luke says he would have done it, so I'd like to know FMT's opinion as well for future reference.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I probably wouldn't have even thought about anything but a FG if I was playing someone else. I was playing AT though, I have enough respect for AT's game, that I know when I have an opportunity to bury him, I need to take it. It's not breaking a rule, it's knowing your opponent. I'd do the same against FMT, DM, etc.

That said, I know I'm dragging this out well beyond it's window of time that anyone cares, but I would like a final call on whether or not it's allowed or not from FMT. Luke says he would have done it, so I'd like to know FMT's opinion as well for future reference.

Luke is known to not give a shit. I fall in the same boat with 4th down. But we aren't the majority

LiveWire

Yea, for example, in my games against CB all rules go out the window. I don't think he feels any different but I dunno.

But I respect CB more than Shawn or Ando, for example, cause they just straight out abused the game. I can't really say I've seen CB do anything the real-life Eagles haven't done strategically.

LukeSmith

Gonna run 5 wide hurry up on you all game!

Five-wide hurry up is pretty much indefensible. Sure, when you're playing someone who is down big and they start to come out in it, they are probably going to come back. But that's also why the "Fuck You" TD and the "Fuck You, I'm going for it on 4th" exist.

eznark

Banned
Five-wide hurry up is pretty much indefensible. Sure, when you're playing someone who is down big and they start to come out in it, they are probably going to come back. But that's also why the "Fuck You" TD and the "Fuck You, I'm going for it on 4th" exist.

If you run it for an entire drive, your offense is pretty much fucked by the end. Your linemen are useless and most receivers can't hang on to the football. Basically, user control a defensive end and you're guaranteed a sack-fumble after the fifth play or so.

Not like, personal experience or anything!

eznark

Banned

h2rK7.jpg

Mrbob

Lol, wasn't like you chumps did any better last night! Luke was carrying the team solo while the rest of you bumbled about!

Believe in me like the Broncos players do in Tebow. I won't lead you astray!

Trasher

what time will you be free? If it has to be tomorrow I can go early as you need.
I'm not sure when I'm getting out yet, but 8-9 eastern is likely. If you want to wait until tomorrow early that works great with me too. Could do an early afternoon game here on beast coast no problem.

bluemax

Banned
Sooo, good news bad news time from bluemax!

Good news, I decided to take a job today. Still gotta sign some paper work but its as good as done.

Bad news! The place does 9/80s for hours and is located in downtown, which means I might not get home until like after 9pm most nights. Given the large number of East Coast types in this league I might have to drop out since I will be unable to play you at reasonable hours.

I'm gonna wait and see how things go once I start working but yeah, I might be done for awhile.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Strikers instructions are to let me play a replacement if it's the last game needed for an advance.

1) Is Jags/Colts going tonight?

2) Is Cowboys/Ravens going tonight?

LukeSmith

Strikers instructions are to let me play a replacement if it's the last game needed for an advance.

1) Is Jags/Colts going tonight?

2) Is Cowboys/Ravens going tonight?

I am either playing my game tonight or simming it when I get home from obligations (if the other game has been played)

Sooo, good news bad news time from bluemax!

Good news, I decided to take a job today. Still gotta sign some paper work but its as good as done.

Bad news! The place does 9/80s for hours and is located in downtown, which means I might not get home until like after 9pm most nights. Given the large number of East Coast types in this league I might have to drop out since I will be unable to play you at reasonable hours.

I'm gonna wait and see how things go once I start working but yeah, I might be done for awhile.

Congrats on the gig, Blue

Trasher

Got home earlier than expected levious. Wanna go? If not I'm down for playing some DotA if anyone is interested in learning. I'm not the best teacher, but I can give you some pointers and hopefully carry you to victory. I have a pretty solid backpack.

LiveWire

Whoever I play after the vance I'm in LA for the weekend and won't be able to play until Sunday night around 9:30-10PM Pacific. If that's too late for you it will have to be Mon night.

well i guess i should comment on it since it isn't going away. i feel like SOME of the rules are there for guidelines. this includes SOME of the 4th down stuff. now going for it in your own territory when you are tied or winning is a no-no and not really up for discussion. are there circumstances where i could "understand" why someone did it? sure. mike smith did it in real life. bellicheck has done it. but i just consider that something that shouldn't happen.

when it comes to going for it on 4th down in your own territory, particularly in FG range or on the goalline, it becomes a different story for me. personally, if i'm up 13-0 and i have a 4th and inches from the goalline i'm really going to look at who i'm playing. if i'm playing a guy who is a beast on offense, odds are i'm pulling the trigger and going for it. if i'm playing a more conservative player, i kick the FG and make it a 4 score game (2 td's, 2 two point conversions).

my point is that i don't want to dictate every single situation. if you are playing me and you go for it on 4th and 1 from my 20 yard line and you're up by 4 points am i going to throw a fit? no i'm not. i think most people could rationalize going for it in those circumstances but when you lose a game and you have a controversial call like that then it causes anger.

Smokey

Lin will give me the power to slay you..

prolly not, but i'm hyped :)

DCX

Better enjoy it now. You're team is going back to shit when the $160 million dollar pieces come back.

Then I can go back to enjoying the dump fire and anticipating dat draft pick

Top Bottom