• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
vuDMi.jpg

Smokey

Tidehunter is fun, but he broke my 5 straight win streak :(

lol pro basketball. Nice of them to script an Asian into the picture this season. Gotta keep those writers on their toes.

lol pro baseball

where fat overweight fucks get paid 90+ million dollars on a regular basis

DCX

DCX
GG DCX

Why is it that all of my stored karma and comeuppance comes against DCX rather than like FMT or Ram?

Dat Hit Power finally making itself known.

If Michael Johnson isn't D player of the week, shit's rigged.

i laughed the whole game lol Every hit was a fumble and a TD..and the oline protected nothing..how Striker gets a push is a wonder.

Sorry friend, Wellie got every bounce. I tried lol

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
i laughed the whole game lol Every hit was a fumble and a TD..and the oline protected nothing..how Striker gets a push is a wonder.

DCX

I built a strong D. If I still had Dunlap it'd be ridiculous. I'm still miffed how I could do nothing against AT.

Like I said before, dat hit power.

Try and guess when I stopped caring and put the controller down, only pressing A to pick the gameflow play? Hint, it was around the 4th time you left the pocket with Kapernick less than 2 seconds into the play
first quarter

whatever, though. Just a game, right?

Edit: Though, to be fair to FMT, I did throw 2 of the worst, panic mode, passes I have thrown all season for interceptions, which he did intercept. So there is that too

Try and guess when I stopped caring and put the controller down, only pressing A to pick the gameflow play? Hint, it was around the 4th time you left the pocket with Kapernick less than 2 seconds into the play
first quarter

Edit: Though, to be fair to FMT, I did throw 2 of the worst, panic mode, passes I have thrown all season for interceptions, which he did intercept. So there is that too

:/
that was a tough game for your D. seemed like your guys were moving in slow motion. and as you'll see i think you are exaggerating me running with kap. i saved all of his meaningful runs (he had total of 8 runs, but 3 of them were QB kneels, 1 was a 2 yard run, and i'll put the other 4 up here in a sec). definitely was not 1 or 2 seconds and out of the pocket but i can see how QB running is frustrating because this is what vick did to me in the playoffs as well. thought you should have brought in a spy but i'm not sure what your personnel is like at LB or otherwise.

beyond that you had your running game going early because i couldn't tackle leshore. the missed FG turned into another TD on the other end, then a turnover and it got out of hand

anyways, here are kaps runs:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/113686149 (this one is closest to immediate rush, but i saw the line part on the left and your guys coming from the right. if i had known my RT was going to pick that guy coming up off the edge i could've stood in for a big play)

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/113686068 (stood in here but no one was open.... should i have taken the sack? you were right on me)

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/113685948 (again i almost let the ball go to vernon on the drag but i saw at the last second your CB was sitting in the zone, that's a pick 6 if i let it go)

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/113685826 (man coverage, your lineman goes to the ground, everyone basically covered i'm taking off)

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
gg CB i just kept testing and testing and testing those DB lol i gave no fucks just like Lin

DCX

My DB core cant be tested. Except Khaynin who cant catch. But he can cover. I need my 1st round DB back

DMczaf

Jesus christ, its like I cant catch a break in Madden lately. Bob is literally throwing at my coverage with no regard and getting either incompletions or 20+ yard gains while my defense drops ints or whiffs on knocking the pass down.

Mrbob

Finally slayed that DM beast!

175px-Bane_breaks_Batman.png

Knox with the OT TD catch and run!

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/113689719

That was a crazy game. I threw a TAINT up 10 to 3. Then I missed a FG in the 4th quarter that would have put me up 13 to 10. Down 17 to 10 I converted on 4th and 8 with under 30 seconds. Then I score a game tying td with 8 seconds left send it into OT for the thrilla win!

Is my rookie DT Carter Stone the fatty neutralizer? He had 3 sacks in the game!

DMczaf

There were 2-3 passes on that final 4th qtr drive where I thought you finally made a forced throw that would bite you....and then nothing happened. Maddening....

Mrbob

What a difference one guy makes on the line. My team still isn't a great sacking team, but they were atrocious last year. I only had 18 sacks for the whole season last season, whereas this year I have 19 in 9 games. Carter Stone accounts for 9 of those sacks geez.

Edit: Holy cow look at that speed for Kaepernick. Can't believe his acceleration. He might be more BS than fatty in terms of running the ball!

Ramirez

first quarter

You know it's coming, and from the vids I woulda ran too, he had open field for days! You pretty much have to keep a spy on every play when you play FMT, DM, and Luke (Manning era only!).

You know it's coming, and from the vids I woulda ran too, he had open field for days! You pretty much have to keep a spy on every play when you play FMT, DM, and Luke (Manning era only!).

don't forget vick! i have a spy on 90% of the plays when i play the iggles

and now i feel bad since me and gold always have good, close games. now i feel like i cheesed but it wasn't my intention :(

Splat

eznark, no idea what timezone you're in, or if you're asleep, but I'm back if you can play tonight. If not early tomorrow works best.

Striker

DCX
Thanks for filling in!

Who did you start at FS? I hope one of Bush or Smith. My depth now is shattered due Justice going down.

Eight carries for Hillis!? Was the Bengals DL hitting him on fumbles or Newcomer? I love Newcomer, but the boy fumbles on a fucking finger tap. I lost the ball three or four times vs. the Eagles this season despite pressing the protect and in his first collision. Thankfully though his speed/agility saved my ass later in pass plays.

I wish I had gotten with you beforehand about the defense, esp with Justice out.

Anyhow, Levious I'm back on the franchise, can you play today/night? I am off the next three days.

DCX

DCX
Thanks for filling in!

Who did you start at FS? I hope one of Bush or Smith. My depth now is shattered due Justice going down.

Eight carries for Hillis!? Was the Bengals DL hitting him on fumbles or Newcomer? I love Newcomer, but the boy fumbles on a fucking finger tap. I lost the ball three or four times vs. the Eagles this season despite pressing the protect and in his first collision. Thankfully though his speed/agility saved my ass later in pass plays.

I wish I had gotten with you beforehand about the defense, esp with Justice out.

Anyhow, Levious I'm back on the franchise, can you play today/night? I am off the next three days.

Actually, i have been meaning to get with you about defense period.

Hillis was contained and fumbled that resulted in a touchdown. I was down 21 nothing in no time. I started slanging. I did start Bush at FS. I moved some dudes around. I started your fast TE Culiver and he had a great game. His speed makes a difference. Your WRs are weak ass punks lol

They got pressed all day and gave me no time so i ran more than i usually do with a qb and looked to the TE alot.

I took like three sacks in row it seemed. Wellie plays a great D. He forced like four or five fumbles..i couldnt do much about that lol

I did run out of bounds and slude with Newcomer to protect his neck haha

DCX

Striker

Wellie's defense is ferocious, it certainly is.

I've been iffy on Culliver. He's a receiving TE like Jordan Cameron, but Cameron has better CTH and CIT, so I tend to side with him. Cameron is also a decent blocker for being somebody who use to play WR in college. Might run with him at starter further, not sure yet.

Nelson-Tarver-Little are more of possession guys, no deep, big play threats. I guess you're used to Julio and Roddy. :p I have gotten some deep plays out of all three, it's a matter of the play call and what the defense gives you.

:/
that was a tough game for your D. seemed like your guys were moving in slow motion. and as you'll see i think you are exaggerating me running with kap. i saved all of his meaningful runs (he had total of 8 runs, but 3 of them were QB kneels, 1 was a 2 yard run, and i'll put the other 4 up here in a sec). definitely was not 1 or 2 seconds and out of the pocket but i can see how QB running is frustrating because this is what vick did to me in the playoffs as well. thought you should have brought in a spy but i'm not sure what your personnel is like at LB or otherwise.

beyond that you had your running game going early because i couldn't tackle leshore. the missed FG turned into another TD on the other end, then a turnover and it got out of hand

anyways, here are kaps runs:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/113686149 (this one is closest to immediate rush, but i saw the line part on the left and your guys coming from the right. if i had known my RT was going to pick that guy coming up off the edge i could've stood in for a big play)

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/113686068 (stood in here but no one was open.... should i have taken the sack? you were right on me)

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/113685948 (again i almost let the ball go to vernon on the drag but i saw at the last second your CB was sitting in the zone, that's a pick 6 if i let it go)

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/113685826 (man coverage, your lineman goes to the ground, everyone basically covered i'm taking off)

This is just it, I did play spies on you alot of the game, but that creates all kinds of problems. I would force you into not running, but you rolled out to the right everytime and waited for your Crossing route, from the slot receiver no less, to open up in my zone or man coverage and throw a big completion. I could either play that zone and leave my cpu spy to get hosed by Kap, or control the spy and force the throw, which was always accurate. Lets look at your passing stats.

WR Ba'Ree Brown: 5 rec 148 yds 3 TDs
TE Vernon Davis: 2 rec 40 yds 1 TD
HB Frank Gore: 3 rec 28 yds

So, your slot (presumably) and TE did most of the damage. Not a single throw or completion to your #1 receiver. Could that be because you were never in the pocket (except for one phenomenal but bullshit TD pass between 2 of my defenders) and waited for the crossing route to develop? Or because I am simply unable to cover said receiver? Who knows? Not to mention some amazing plays from your passing D when I had open receivers. I was dumbfounded. No wonder you have so many forced turnovers. I have never seen DBs make so much effort, while my defense plays slow and lethargically

and now i feel bad since me and gold always have good, close games. now i feel like i cheesed but it wasn't my intention :(

Don't worry about it, I'm just bitter. I know you are not that much better than me, and you know you are not that much better than me. Like you said, we have played alot of close games that can go either way over the years. We're still bros, regardless of the bullshit madden infuses into this game

eznark

Banned
eznark, no idea what timezone you're in, or if you're asleep, but I'm back if you can play tonight. If not early tomorrow works best.

No matter where you live, "early morning" is passed. Wake your ass up! I already ran 5, showered and now am heading to the hardware store.

Let me know when you are available. Hit me up on steam, I have the mobile app. Since I am 30 minutes from any civilization, it'll take me quite awhile to get back from the hardware store.

Top Bottom