• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

This is just it, I did play spies on you alot of the game, but that creates all kinds of problems. I would force you into not running, but you rolled out to the right everytime and waited for your Crossing route, from the slot receiver no less, to open up in my zone or man coverage and throw a big completion. I could either play that zone and leave my cpu spy to get hosed by Kap, or control the spy and force the throw, which was always accurate. Lets look at your passing stats.

WR Ba'Ree Brown: 5 rec 148 yds 3 TDs
TE Vernon Davis: 2 rec 40 yds 1 TD
HB Frank Gore: 3 rec 28 yds

So, your slot (presumably) and TE did most of the damage. Not a single throw or completion to your #1 receiver. Could that be because you were never in the pocket (except for one phenomenal but bullshit TD pass between 2 of my defenders) and waited for the crossing route to develop? Or because I am simply unable to cover said receiver? Who knows? Not to mention some amazing plays from your passing D when I had open receivers. I was dumbfounded. No wonder you have so many forced turnovers. I have never seen DBs make so much effort, while my defense plays slow and lethargically

Don't worry about it, I'm just bitter. I know you are not that much better than me, and you know you are not that much better than me. Like you said, we have played alot of close games that can go either way over the years. We're still bros, regardless of the bullshit madden infuses into this game

ba'ree is my slot receiver but here are his 5 catches:

2 of them were fly routes from the slot where it was man coverage and he had beaten your guy (although you almost picked it once with the safety)
1 was an out route from the slot where you had a LB covering him
1 was an in route where he was lined up as my #1 WR from the gun (he was alone on the outside on the left and ran a 10-12 yard in, i scrambled to the right and you had coverage in zone but you came after kapernick and then i threw it)
1 crossing route on the goalline from the 5 yard line. this was a designed rollout to the right (with the red notifier on the qb)

so far ba'ree, i ran 1 play to him that was a crosser. as for vernon davis, he had 2 catches: 1 was an out route from the TE position on the line, the other was a deep outside post. no crossing routes.

and i know i'm not 35 points better than you. you almost beat me in our other 2 games of the franchise so i know this was a fluke game and you didn't get any breaks on offense or defense. just like when CB dropped 55 on me in the playoffs :(

ba'ree is my slot receiver but here are his 5 catches:

2 of them were fly routes from the slot where it was man coverage and he had beaten your guy (although you almost picked it once with the safety)
1 was an out route from the slot where you had a LB covering him
1 was an in route where he was lined up as my #1 WR from the gun (he was alone on the outside on the left and ran a 10-12 yard in, i scrambled to the right and you had coverage in zone but you came after kapernick and then i threw it)
1 crossing route on the goalline from the 5 yard line. this was a designed rollout to the right (with the red notifier on the qb)

lol, idk if you are implying i don't know that or what

And maybe I just have selective memory. I stopped playing after the pick in the 2nd quarter and looked up Tager combos for Blazblue, so i'm probably wrong as it is. Its over now, though. Sometimes you have your days, sometimes you don't

lol, idk if you are implying i don't know that or what

And maybe I just have selective memory. I stopped playing after the pick in the 2nd quarter and looked up Tager combos for Blazblue, so i'm probably wrong as it is. Its over now, though. Sometimes you have your days, sometimes you don't

blazblue is too hard for me. do you have KOFXIII? i finally started playing it last night and its pretty good. let me know when you want to play UMVC3!

Mrbob

Watch your hosting for images. DM got a one month axe for posting a tumblr image in the wrestling thread.

Edit: Nevermind he was posting naked Shawn Michaels images again!

"You have been banned for the following reason: Propogating sexist and overtly sexual fanfiction is not welcome on GAF."

blazblue is too hard for me. do you have KOFXIII? i finally started playing it last night and its pretty good. let me know when you want to play UMVC3!

I'm so garbage at UMVC3. I hate that game so much =( I grew up playing Guilty Gear games, so Blazblue is a perfect fit for me! And I've heard good things about KOFXIII, but don't need another fighter on my plate. I already spend too much time with SF, soon to be too much time with BB. My lady friend had to entice me with sex on valentines day to convince me not to stay home and play BB (because it comes out Tuesday). Still don't know if I'm making the right choice....

Watch your hosting for images. DM got a one month axe for posting a tumblr image in the wrestling thread.

The k-pop thread will be the biggest blow up in gaf history if thats true

I'm so garbage at UMVC3. I hate that game so much =( I grew up playing Guilty Gear games, so Blazblue is a perfect fit for me! And I've heard good things about KOFXIII, but don't need another fighter on my plate. I already spend too much time with SF, soon to be too much time with BB. My lady friend had to entice me with sex on valentines day to convince me not to stay home and play BB (because it comes out Tuesday). Still don't know if I'm making the right choice....

The k-pop thread will be the biggest blow up in gaf history if thats true

damn another blazblue is coming out!? they are milking the shit out of that capcom style! blaz blue calamity trigger, blaz blue continuum shift, blaz blue continuum shift extend. i had bbcs and played it for about an hour and i just couldn't get into it. maybe it's too hardcore for me.

i hope everyone is buying twisted metal on tuesday!

BigAT

GG GCQ.

The fact that the game was an instant classic is likely lost on me since I was on the wrong side of things. I didn't have a chance to set my QB spy on that last play, although I'm not positive it would have mattered since Cam was able to get 3-4 yards even when I had someone on him.

I think my real downfall was having way too many drives stall early on. Three or four drives that died on your 40 yard line and I couldn't even get a field goal from, they were killer.

GCQuinton

GG GCQ.

The fact that the game was an instant classic is likely lost on me since I was on the wrong side of things. I didn't have a chance to set my QB spy on that last play, although I'm not positive it would have mattered since Cam was able to get 3-4 yards even when I had someone on him.

I think my real downfall was having way too many drives stall early on. Three or four drives that died on your 40 yard line and I couldn't even get a field goal from, they were killer.

GG AT.

After Cam's fumble on our 4 or 5 yard line that you ran back for a TD, I was like "here we go again", but somehow I managed to fight back and eek one out.

You were killing me in the field position battle too. I was lucky to get anything out of most of my drives.

Going to be a dog fight for the playoffs in both conferences.

AFC Playoff picture:

1. Broncos
2. Patriots
3. Steelers
4. Texans
5. Browns
6. Jets

On the outside looking in:
Raiders (4-4)
Chargers (4-4)
Colts (4-5)
Bills (4-5)
Titans (3-5)
Bengals (3-5)

NFL Playoff picture:

1. 49ers
2. Bears
3. Saints
4. Eagles
5. Lions
6. Bucs

Giants (5-4)
Cards (4-4)
Packers (4-4)
Seahawks (4-5)
Falcons (4-5)

Actually if you're around right now I can get it in but we need to start by 1

Otherwise would it be too bitchy to ask to start at 10:30 ET or so instead? I kind of want to catch The Yellow Mamba in action again...

You around? Am I too late?

:( I should be able to go late tonight.

Any1 want to scrim?

You around? Am I too late?

Hey, actually yeah you are haha, I was about to head out. It's cool though

and we can still roll at 7 ET; the Lin show (I feel so dirty right now) doesn't start till 8. So are we still good for then?

And is this going to be the first ever madden league Stoner Bowl?

Hey, actually yeah you are haha. It's cool though

and we can still roll at 7 ET; the Lin show (I feel so dirty right now) doesn't start till 8. So are we still good for then?
After the game is probably going to be better than 7. I'll let you know.

ph33nix said:
And is this going to be the first ever madden league Stoner Bowl
Sounds good to me.

Alright, I'll check when I get back and adjust my schedule accordingly.

Just plan on after the game, I'll lelt ya know if I can do something different.

no1 wants to scrim? :(

I think I'm going to make the change to Houston playbook with Reggie Bush on the bench wildcat is dead.

Splat

FrenchMovieTheme said:
1. 49ers
2. Bears
3. Saints
4. Eagles
5. Lions
6. Bucs

Giants (5-4)
Cards (4-4)
Packers (4-4)
Seahawks (4-5)
Falcons (4-5)

Win today helps the Cards, but being out of town for a week soon isn't going to help final push :(

DCX

DCX
Actually if you're around right now I can get it in but we need to start by 1

Otherwise would it be too bitchy to ask to start at 10:30 ET or so instead? I kind of want to catch The Yellow Mamba in action again...

one of us...

DCX

Right, the title belongs to Nyjee "Fat Back" Dyer this year. Dudes been a fucking monster since progression.

bilde

Everyone else is vying for 2nd place

Sanjuro

My buddy and I generally play like 50-80 games or so over the course of the year so that is never a problem for me.
Nice. Most of my friends just don't play sports games much. Hence why I play with you gents.

Nightz, what's your schedule like?

Top Bottom