• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

McNei1y

I almost put in my backups and call it a day after the FF on the kickoff for a TD. Then I tried to get it back after half with that onside kick and failed lol. Then there was the AJ dropped TD pass in the endzone for a TD...just wasn't my time to shine.

Even with all that happened you still played well enough to win. Tiburon only had a hand in those events. Ap straight up gashed me and all I had to do was stop you on fourth down in your final drive too but herp that didn't work.

When the ball was in the air, my stomach fell. I saw my corner AND safety get beat and all I could hope for was what actually happened. I couldn't believe a slight touch by Burchette was what caused Mr. Johnson to drop the ball like that. That was Eli-Manningham x100, except it didn't work for some reason. That was bogus.

Sanjuro

I'm still curious in figuring out what happened, just shoot a PM if it's an issue. It is annoying when you make it a point to alter your plans to come home and then have that happen.

Eznark are you any good at MLB or are you like bob? I'm excited to lead the newest member of the AL...THE Houston astros to a world series

Smokey, are you going to be joining the MLB league? Anyone else here getting the game?

BigAT

I need to get a ranged hero that isn't a carry. Too much pressure when I play terrible. My two abandonments were because I alt-tabbed and forgot to get back into the game. :/

Wind Runner, Lich. I like Shadow Shaman a lot.

Maybe try out Venomancer.

eznark

Banned
<3

But yea I still don't see how this game is better than League of Legends, or will sell a bajillion copies when it releases.

Spectator mode is amazing. If they do built in tournaments that will be incredible as well. It also uses the Steam infrastructure and personally I've grown to prefer the look a whole heck of a lot.

I'm still hopeful that they'll put a Demigod twist on it and create new maps.

is it as strict as this league?
I meant, does he know the rules of baseball.

Sanjuro

is it as strict as this league?

No intentional walks
No stealing base with a lead
No... I guess that's really all I know about baseball.

Similar.

Rules I'm putting in for this season are,

No home runs with two strikes. Only at your very last at bat.
Don't manually control the outfielders.
Don't slide into the base. You might injure someone's feelings.

Smokey

Smokey, are you going to be joining the MLB league? Anyone else here getting the game?

I'll be getting The Show as I do every year...haven't tried the leagues. Seem like it always caves. At the very least I'll get the game though. As pathetic as this sounds are the Astros accounted for?

I meant, does he know the rules of baseball.

lol

baseball: one of the most boring sports in the world (tied with soccer), yet one of the best sports games out. how does that work

Sokantish

Spectator mode is amazing. If they do built in tournaments that will be incredible as well. It also uses the Steam infrastructure and personally I've grown to prefer the look a whole heck of a lot.

Also LoL is ran by Riot so DOTA2 already has a big advantage there.

Sanjuro

I'll be getting The Show as I do every year...haven't tried the leagues. Seem like it always caves. At the very least I'll get the game though. As pathetic as this sounds are the Astros accounted for?

Yeah. The Astros are already taken.

MCS1K.jpg

Sokantish

lol

baseball: one of the most boring sports in the world (tied with soccer), yet one of the best sports games out. how does that work

So The Show is good? I tried one of the MLB demos on my 360 and it wasn't that great. I don't really like watching Baseball anymore but playing the games is pretty fun, same with Winning Eleven a few years ago.

LukeSmith

Wind Runner, Lich. I like Shadow Shaman a lot.

Maybe try out Venomancer.

I totally don't think anyone new to the game should ever play a Carry, way too much responsibility.

Yeah, any of those.

Learn supports, too. Everyone appreciates good wards.

WR is my most played hero, she's a ranged utility hero/semi-carry. I usually build her as pure utility with not a ton of right click damage, I've been mixing that up lately somewhat.

Vengeful Spirit is one of the best supports in the game right now, she's amazing as a roam/gank support and can really control a lot of the map with vision and her roaming power.

Venomancer is incredible in lane, maybe the best laning support in the game. Build him 1-2-1-1 to 6. Gale + a high damage lane buddy is a first blood for free. Level Gale first.

Crystal Maiden is awesome support too. Her early game roam and gank is good, her attack range is great for harassing enemy melee heroes and her first two skills are good for ganking. Plus, she has her passive mana battery spell for your team.

Or man up and start learning melee heroes.

eznark

Banned
I played a match with Warlock yesterday morning. That seemed hilarious. I'd lov eto practice more and get good with him. Linking the player to his creeps was so freaking funny. It made me want a Rico Rodriguez champ so I could grapple hook guys together.

Smokey

I admit...it's probably because I haven't watched enough of it. I watched the World Cup for the first time when it was on and I was entertained. The flopping make the NBA flops look like amateur hour though.

Baseball is just boring and there's no way around that. I can understand how some can say basektball is boring, but at least in bball you get crap like Griffin taking Perkins manhood or some other insane stuff that you could see on a nightly basis. When I look at baseball I see overweight people getting paid to swing a stick. Carlos Lee also may have contributed to my hate for the sport.

So The Show is good? I tried one of the MLB demos on my 360 and it wasn't that great. I don't really like watching Baseball anymore but playing the games is pretty fun, same with Winning Eleven a few years ago.

If you played baseball on 360 then you played MLB 2K which is god awful. The Show is on the complete opposite side of the line in terms of quality.

McNei1y

Baseball is just boring and there's no way around that. I can understand how some can say basektball is boring, but at least in bball you get crap like Griffin taking Perkins manhood or some other insane stuff that you could see on a nightly basis.

Taking someone yard to win the game is taking each player on the other team's manhood. It gets me pumped up more than anything in sports, slightly higher than buzzer beaters.

Smokey

Taking someone yard to win the game is taking each player on the other team's manhood. It gets me pumped up more than anything in sports, slightly higher than buzzer beaters.

What is the equivalent of the Blake Griffin dunk on Perkins in baseball?

eznark

Banned
I think it's hard to compare a sport like baseball to an entertainment pageant like the NBA. Of course it's easier to have nightly drama when you are paying a team of writers to script everything.

McNei1y

What is the equivalent of the Blake Griffin dunk on Perkins in baseball?

Pedro Martinez and Don Zimmer. :lol

There isn't. I'd say the closest thing is robbing a home run but there's nothing really "in your face" about it, except for the fact that they have the ups and the skill/ability to catch the ball over the fence!

Smokey

I think it's hard to compare a sport like baseball to an entertainment pageant like the NBA. Of course it's easier to have nightly drama when you are paying a team of writers to script everything.

Or you mean the MLB commissioner signing off on steriods for oh a good 10-15 years amirite.

Or the All-star game being "worth something" and then running out of pitchers when it went EI and looking all herpy derpy. Joke.
Although Stern did his best Selig impression this season with his veto.

Smokey

Pedro Martinez and Don Zimmer. :lol

There isn't. I'd say the closest thing is robbing a home run but there's nothing really "in your face" about it, except for the fact that they have the ups and the skill/ability to catch the ball over the fence!

Guess my point being...every other sport has something entertaining about it:

Basketball: Nuts in face, buzzer beater
Football: People getting trucked, hits (or used to be), catches etc
Hockey: Dem fights
Soccer: Footwork

Baseball: Fat men who barely make it to first base or who's stomaches sag below their belts on the mound?

Homers can be exciting...but then you spend 4 hours sitting around waiting for something like that to happen if it even does at all!

No, I mean the NBA turning into the WWF.

With Brian Cushing on your team, I don't think you want sports to crack down on steroids.

Have to have some type of script when the players are actually exerting physical energy instead of sitting on a white square or standing in grass waiting for a ball to potentially come their way.

Fine one to talk with Mr. Braun on your team. Great example for young kids!

LiveWire

If you like refs deciding outcomes of games then you'd definitely have liked the recent Chelsea/Man U game. 3-nil in the 2nd half, two Wayne Rooney penalties given off of dives in the box, and by the 85th minute it's 3-3. If the Premier League cameramen were even close to as good as NFL cameramen I could've better made out the colorful curse words coming from Chelsea fans.

Trasher

I totally don't think anyone new to the game should ever play a Carry, way too much responsibility.

Yeah, any of those.

Learn supports, too. Everyone appreciates good wards.

WR is my most played hero, she's a ranged utility hero/semi-carry. I usually build her as pure utility with not a ton of right click damage, I've been mixing that up lately somewhat.

Vengeful Spirit is one of the best supports in the game right now, she's amazing as a roam/gank support and can really control a lot of the map with vision and her roaming power.

Venomancer is incredible in lane, maybe the best laning support in the game. Build him 1-2-1-1 to 6. Gale + a high damage lane buddy is a first blood for free. Level Gale first.

Crystal Maiden is awesome support too. Her early game roam and gank is good, her attack range is great for harassing enemy melee heroes and her first two skills are good for ganking. Plus, she has her passive mana battery spell for your team.

Or man up and start learning melee heroes.
I prefer this build on Veno:

1 - Venomous Gale
2 - Poison Sting
3 - Poison Sting
4 - Plague Ward
5 - Poison Sting
6 - Poison Nova
7 - Poison Sting
8 - Venomous Gale
9 - Venomous Gale
10 - Venomous Gale
11 - Poison Nova
12 - Plague Ward
13 - Plague Ward
14 - Plague Ward
15 - Stats
16 - Poison Nova
17 to 25 - Stats

Poison sting rocks people early on and will do more damage to people in the end compared to if you leveled up gale. Gale is just amazing for its slow, and when you couple that with a couple levels of poison sting, it's pretty much a guaranteed first blood if your laning partner gets one stun off. You just have to be really aggressive early on with him.

McNei1y

Guess my point being...every other sport has something entertaining about it:

Basketball: Nuts in face, buzzer beater
Football: People getting trucked, hits (or used to be), catches etc
Hockey: Dem fights
Soccer: Footwork

Baseball: Fat men who barely make it to first base or who's stomaches sag below their belts on the mound?

Homers can be exciting...but then you spend 4 hours sitting around waiting for something like that to happen if it even does at all!

Oh come on. Just because the game takes some time to get over with doesn't rule out the fact that there are: walk offs, complete games, perfect games, no hitters, rare team brawls, diving catches, blocking-the-plate events, etc. Those are all exciting to me.

eznark

Banned
Have to have some type of script when the players are actually exerting physical energy instead of sitting on a white square or standing in grass waiting for a ball to potentially come their way.

Fine one to talk with Mr. Braun on your team. Great example for young kids!

College basketball gets by without going all Vince McMahon. You watch the Jersey Shore of sports. It's cool man, embrace it.

Braun is a shithead cheater and I hope he is traded if he is found guilty. Not much I can do beyond that.

If you like refs deciding outcomes of games then you'd definitely have liked the recent Chelsea/Man U game. 3-nil in the 2nd half, two Wayne Rooney penalties given off of dives in the box, and by the 85th minute it's 3-3. If the Premier League cameramen were even close to as good as NFL cameramen I could've better made out the colorful curse words coming from Chelsea fans.

None of these words mean anything to me. Is this even English?

Smokey

Oh come on. Just because the game takes some time to get over with doesn't rule out the fact that there are: walk offs, complete games, perfect games, no hitters, rare team brawls, diving catches, blocking-the-plate events, etc. Those are all exciting to me.

The Asstros being the worst team in baseball history probably contributes to my dislike, and what you mentioned...the time. 4 hours to watch a batter scratch his junk after ever pitch gets rather annoying.

Yet I still buy The Show every year so it's not like I don't try!

McNei1y

None of these words mean anything to me. Is this even English?

:lol :lol

Speaking of Soccer, FIFA definitely grabbed my interest and I have become an Arsenal fan since! Robin Van Persie is so damn cool.
The Asstros being the worst team in baseball probably contributes to my dislike, and what you mentioned...the time. 4 hours to watch a batter scratch his junk after ever pitch gets rather annoying.

And the beauty of it: there's a game every day! 3-4 hours of my life spent wisely every day of the summer.

eznark

Banned
The Asstros being the worst team in baseball history probably contributes to my dislike, and what you mentioned...the time. 4 hours to watch a batter scratch his junk after ever pitch gets rather annoying.

Yet I still buy The Show every year so it's not like I don't try!

They're also a really bad team to watch, especially since trading Pence. I love listening to them on the radio though. Milo Hamilton is a God. Nobody could possibly hate the Astros more than Milo Hamilton. It's a thing of beauty.

Smokey

They're also a really bad team to watch, especially since trading Pence. I love listening to them on the radio though. Milo Hamilton is a God. Nobody could possibly hate the Astros more than Milo Hamilton. It's a thing of beauty.

Milo always sounds so dejected when he is brought on to talk about the Astros on sports radio.

Maybe I should find a team and become a lifelonger

McNei1y

I'm going to ask this Virus related question here since I feel like I'd get a good response:

I recently had my computer restart on me a few times but I seemed to fix that issue with a system restore and a Malwarebytes scan... There was one problem that persisted through. My homepage (google.com/ig) isn't working (says 404 error) and whenever I search google, the results redirect me to a website (google only). I've ran spybot as well but nothing. Anyone know whats up?

Nightz

I'm going to ask this Virus related question here since I feel like I'd get a good response:

I recently had my computer restart on me a few times but I seemed to fix that issue with a system restore and a Malwarebytes scan... There was one problem that persisted through. My homepage (google.com/ig) isn't working (says 404 error) and whenever I search google, the results redirect me to a website (google only). I've ran spybot as well but nothing. Anyone know whats up?

This might help: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120210194615AA0SUKM

Some people reported that it fixed their problem, some are saying the problem came back. YMMV I guess.

Mrbob

I'm in Madden for the long term. I don't want to give up Jamie Brooks and Carter Stone has been another amazing first round pick up. Want to see how these two progress!

lol Bob, you're buying a Vita for a Lifetime original.

Sounds like something Giant Bomb would say. Who gives a fuck.

I wish Sony would sell a MLB12 PS3/Vita pack, I'd be all over it!

Ramirez

McNei1y....you played a good, clean game. Too bad Tiburon also put their hand in the pot.

Nicest "GG, but..." ever?

Never understood Balks. Nor can I spot them when they happen.

Once a pitcher comes set, they can't really make any move other than towards home plate unless they're throwing it over to a base. Also applies to stopping mid throw, flinching, etc.

I wish I still had my PS3, I hate watching baseball, but I love(d) playing it.

Top Bottom