• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

Ramirez

So, we advancing anytime soon? Bye week is killing me.

oh and thanks for the tips on which heros to try.

Tonight!

Speaking of, Striker, you gonna be around? Looks like this game will decide the division or make it interesting the rest of the way out!

LiveWire

Oh come on. Just because the game takes some time to get over with doesn't rule out the fact that there are:

Oooh ooh let me take this one!

walk offs,

cool, but since there are 181 games this is rendered meaningless and nowhere near as awesome as a 4th quarter comeback TD or overtime TD (a la Tebow), or a 90th minute equalizer.

complete games, perfect games, no hitters

Still rare enough and probably baseball's only worthy achievements as a sport anymore since anything hitting related (aside from hit streaks) has been forever tainted by steroids.

rare team brawls,

Fighting in any sport other than hockey is laughable at best.

diving catches,

Baseball's equivalent of a slam dunk. Should be automatic at the professional level. Way overhyped on SportsCenter's Top 10 plays.

blocking-the-plate events, etc.

Blocking the plate is about as "tough" as baseball gets, and in the end is basically just an attempt to do this:

arodpurse.jpg

Sweet!

Back just in time to play Goldlion!

Tonight after the advance is no good but tomorrow I'm FREE like the US is in SF4Mike Ross is to Jago
:(

McNei1y

Since there are 66(82) basketball games, buzzer beaters are lame because thats one more basket that should've been scored in the 48 minutes. Since touchdowns are scored all game, 4th quarter touchdowns are lame. Since soccer happens year round in many different tournaments, friendlies, etc etc, 90 minute equalizers are a bore and expected.

Walk offs are on the same level as all of these no matter how many games played.

Ram is right about diving catches. I was just throwing baseball brawls out there. While other team sports fights are stupid and cheesy, I just find baseball fights the best because of how funny it is to see a man charge the mound and you know shits about to go down.

You don't have to like the highlights of baseball but that doesn't mean they aren't as awesome as the other sports moments.

Since there are 66(82) basketball games, buzzer beaters are lame because thats one more basket that should've been scored in the 48 minutes. Since touchdowns are scored all game, 4th quarter touchdowns are lame. Since soccer happens year round in many different tournaments, friendlies, etc etc, 90 minute equalizers are a bore and expected.

Walk offs are on the same level as all of these no matter how many games played.

Ram is right about diving catches. I was just throwing baseball brawls out there. While other team sports fights are stupid and cheesy, I just find baseball fights the best because of how funny it is to see a man charge the mound and you know shits about to go down.

You don't have to like the highlights of baseball but that doesn't mean they aren't as awesome as the other sports moments.

Baseball and basketball arent even in the same galaxy as football so lets not compare them to the undisputed champion of american sports

McNei1y

Baseball and basketball arent even in the same galaxy as football so lets not compare them to the undisputed champion of american sports

Hey, I don't have a dog in this fight. I prefer baseball to the others but I don't have a clear winner in which sport is the best. I'm just here defending baseball!!

Field Goals are silly though.

Ramirez

This whole sequence last year was AMAZING.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joTeCc7A3pw

I was watching this game for some reason, I don't like either team, and the Yankees were destroying them. The Rays come back from down 7 and get it 7-6 and the guy hits a HR with 2 outs and 2 strikes on him in the bottom of the 9th. Try to sit there and tell me with a straight face that something like that isn't as exciting as any other sport.

The Red Sox having a meltdown and choking was just a cherry on top.

LiveWire

This is completely wrong. Anyway, baseball fans are the hardest to convince of the flaws of their sport compared to any other sports fan so I'll just let my argument rest.

McNei1y

This whole sequence last year was AMAZING.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joTeCc7A3pw

I was watching this game for some reason, I don't like either team, and the Yankees were destroying them. The Rays come back from down 7 and get it 7-6 and the guy hits a HR with 2 outs and 2 strikes on him in the bottom of the 9th. Try to sit there and tell me with a straight face that something like that isn't as exciting as any other sport.

The Red Sox having a meltdown and choking was just a cherry on top.

I must say that even though my team wasn't playing that night, that was probably my favorite night in sports history, so far. I was watching all three games (one on tv, one on laptop, one on computer) and I got to watch every event unfold simultaneously. The next event to top that will be one of the following: (the Nats making the playoffs, the Redskins making it to the superbowl followed by winning the superbowl, and Maryland to win another NCCA Championship).

Edit: I was alive for the early Redskins superbowl appearances but I wasn't really at an age to enjoy it.

McNei1y

This is completely wrong. Anyway, baseball fans are the hardest to convince of the flaws of their sport compared to any other sports fan so I'll just let my argument rest.

Sorry baseball players can't throw the ball back and forth for 90 minutes.

Just kidding though. I know how serious 90 minute equalizers. I was being facetious with my earlier post.

Nightz

I must say that even though my team wasn't playing that night, that was probably my favorite night in sports history, so far. I was watching all three games (one on tv, one on laptop, one on computer) and I got to watch every even unfold simultaneously. The next even to top that will be one of the following: (the Nats making the playoffs, the Redskins making it to the superbowl followed by winning the superbowl, and Maryland to win another NCCA Championship).

image.php

Ramirez

I must say that even though my team wasn't playing that night, that was probably my favorite night in sports history, so far. I was watching all three games (one on tv, one on laptop, one on computer) and I got to watch every even unfold simultaneously. The next even to top that will be one of the following: (the Nats making the playoffs, the Redskins making it to the superbowl followed by winning the superbowl, and Maryland to win another NCCA Championship).

Yea, it was truly one of those moments where if you call yourself a sports fan you just had to smile at what you just saw unfold.

Football/Soccer
All others

Though i do love me some
2 month long
playoff basketball. If they could just shorten the season and trim the playoffs i think basketball would be up there.

LiveWire

The thing about baseball is that it's the perfect sporting event to just sit and relax and watch mindlessly. Every other sport demands the viewer become engaged with the action and pay at least some attention to the events of the game. If you ask the average yokel why they like baseball games they'll say "oh, the sights, the sounds, the smells."

Baseball just has a sentimental mystique going for it and since it's played outdoors its an excuse for most people to not to be lazy and be indoors when the weather is nice outside. It's really the only reason why it still exists as a sport.

McNei1y

The thing about baseball is that it's the perfect sporting event to just sit and relax and watch mindlessly. Every other sport demands the viewer become engaged with the action and pay close attention to the events of the game. If you ask the average yokel why they like baseball games they'll say "oh, the sights, the sounds, the smells."

Baseball just has a sentimental mystique going for it and since it's played outdoors its an excuse for most people to not to be lazy and be indoors when the weather is nice outside. It's really the only reason why it still exists as a sport.

Fans like myself as well as many others (check the MLB thread!) are why this statement is false.

LiveWire

Fans like myself as well as many others (check the MLB thread!) are why this statement is false.

It's not. Baseball is more of a social event than a sport for most of its casual fans. It is completely different than the fanbase of any other professional sport. I'm not doubting that YOU love the game for its intricacies, I'm saying that the sport is only kept alive by the ticket sales for those that enjoy the social aspect of sitting in the summer sun drinking a beer and eating a hot dog--NOT for any sporting excellence occurring on the field.

Sanjuro

The thing about baseball is that it's the perfect sporting event to just sit and relax and watch mindlessly. Every other sport demands the viewer become engaged with the action and pay at least some attention to the events of the game. If you ask the average yokel why they like baseball games they'll say "oh, the sights, the sounds, the smells."

My god, you're delusional!

It's not. Baseball is more of a social event than a sport for most of its casual fans. It is completely different than the fanbase of any other professional sport. I'm not doubting that YOU love the game for its intricacies, I'm saying that the sport is only kept alive by the ticket sales for those that enjoy the social aspect of sitting in the summer sun drinking a beer and eating a hot dog--NOT for any sporting excellence occurring on the field.

waaaaatt

LiveWire

Sanjuro

Says the guy from Boston. Do they like baseball there? Hmm.

They like baseball in a ton of places, what are you smoking?

Football is the ultimate television sport. Every single one of your "eating" analogies can be applied to football in any scenario. The entire structure of the game is to deliver beer and snack adverts to the masses.

Livewire should stick to the fat guys running in circles argument.

College baseball bothers me the most. Wtf is the point of college players using a metal bat? C'mon!

Sanjuro

How can you all think baseball is this bastion of greatness when a Monday Night Football game between the shitty Jags and Titans pulls better TV ratings than a baseball playoff game?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ight-game-beats-classic-alcs-game-in-ratings/

What does ratings have anything to do with your argument?

American football has more casual fans than any other sport. In the last decade fantasy football, video games, office pools, etc. have injected a incredibly large quantity of people into that entire demographic. The result is NFL > FUCKING EVERYTHING. It's generating revenue at an unheard of pace.

I mean, really, Eastbound & Down tells you all you need to know about baseball's athleticism.

Oh, you're just trolling. Got it.

McNei1y

But is there proof behind this? This sounds like an observation based on hearsay's and the like. With your observation I just have to ask how TV deals are being made with baseball teams? People are obviously indoors away from the sights and sounds.

Also, how many people in the stands do you see wearing baseball gear? Sure, they may be wearing it since it is part of the event but fact that they are wearing it at least shows support for the team rather than for its environment alone. There are an outstanding number of fans, casual and hardcore, alike who view the game as a game and not as a picnic.

LukeSmith

Skill order. So the one I posted above would be 1-2-2-3-2 etc.

Yeah, mine was the same as yours, but interpreted different, I was saying

1 in first skill
2 in second skill
1 in third skill
1 in ulti

Totally agree with poison sting rape early game.

We run a lot of pub stomp garbage like: Veno/Ursa with my team, my lane bro and I flip/flop who plays Veno and who plays Ursa

Smokey

You were beating all around the bush, don't play coy with me.

Beat deez

baseball is pretty bad bros. there's too many games and they last too fucking long. those two items are fact.

they need to speed the game up and get rid of the crotch scratching and shorten the season by 20-40 games and it would be much better.

1 in first skill
2 in second skill
1 in third skill
1 in ulti

We run a lot of pub stomp garbage like: Veno/Ursa with my team, my lane bro and I flip/flop who plays Veno and who plays Ursa

this dota talk really sounds like a foreign language. kind of fascinating but at the same time a big what the fuck

Sanjuro

The NFL season needs to be shorter by four weeks. That is a fact. I don't need to see a fucking soup kitchen for old washed up coaches doing Bud Light adverts.

Trasher

1 in first skill
2 in second skill
1 in third skill
1 in ulti

You can't pick your ulti at level five! :p

Colasante

I won't be back until 10ish EST to play my game with LiveWire, can we postpone the advancement or do I need to get booted and replaced/simmed?

Top Bottom