• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official XBOX 360 Madden 2009 Season 2.5 Thread: RROD SCARE US!!

AirBrian

gg, BJ. I haven't had a crazy turnover game like that yet in '09.

You had two freakin' fumbles for a TD and I had one pick-6. I swore my knee was down on that one, but I guess not since the booth didn't review it. I even tried calling a TO to maybe make them review it. :lol

And there were two passes from Eli that I have no idea how they were made. That one pass for a TD was ridiculous -- it went between two of my defenders arms. Anyhow, good game.

Went through 2 defenders arms and Toomer was fully on the ground, I thought it was incomplete lol

To recap

Giants first posession goes well.....then Eli throws a pick to Urlacher who brings it back 80 something yards

Next posession, Eli throws a pick and Bears get a field goal

Then Giants get pinned down at their 6 yard line, hand off to Ward, 88 yard TD run

FUUUUMBLE!!! Giants recover and run it for like 90 yards bak

2 goal line stands for the Giants, must be infuriating for the Bears offense

Miracle pass to Toomer for 6

FUUUUUUUMBLE!!! 20ish yard run for a TD

Yea, it was pretty crazy heh

AirBrian

BigJonsson said:
2 goal line stands for the Giants, must be infuriating for the Bears offense
Salt, meet Wound.

Oh crap, and I just realized you outscored me 28-3 after I went up 10-0. :lol

:-(

AirBrian said:
Salt, meet Wound.

Oh crap, and I just realized you outscored me 28-3 after I went up 10-0. :lol

:-(

lol

The Giants can be an angry bunch, especially when Jacobs is running over defenders......or they are falling on their asses in the snow

Birdman02

Slo, I can play anytime after my son goes to sleep tonight.....should be around 7-7:30

EDIT: I can go whenever your're ready. Post in here, or just msg me on xbl.

daw840

Ando and I played our game. This league is now no longer fun for me. EA's games are such a piece of shit, we had 2 disconnects on the opening kickoff, I had 2 dirty disc errors, when we finally got the game done it disconnected in the 4th quarter. Now we can't enter any player stats, and I don't remember what the game stats were. This league has lost all its appeal to me. My main ejoyment about this league, since I have a team that blows balls, is seeing my player stats and how they rank with everyone else. I will never win the superbowl, but at least I can be 1st place in some player stats. Now that I can't enter this game it just doesn't seem worth it to continue a league. What's the point? Why even track stats if this happens so frequently? Why not just have a thread where we play each other randomly? Fuck EA. Fuck EA. Fuck EA. I hate them with a passion. Fucking cunts who don't care about the quality of their games, just about making money. Fuck you.

Slo

Birdman02 said:
Slo, I can play anytime after my son goes to sleep tonight.....should be around 7-7:30

EDIT: I can go whenever your're ready. Post in here, or just msg me on xbl.

You and I must be the busiest guys in the league, we just can't seem to connect! :lol Will tonight work for you? Are you in the central time zone?

Ando and I played our game. This league is now no longer fun for me. EA's games are such a piece of shit, we had 2 disconnects on the opening kickoff, I had 2 dirty disc errors, when we finally got the game done it disconnected in the 4th quarter. Now we can't enter any player stats, and I don't remember what the game stats were. This league has lost all its appeal to me. My main ejoyment about this league, since I have a team that blows balls, is seeing my player stats and how they rank with everyone else. I will never win the superbowl, but at least I can be 1st place in some player stats. Now that I can't enter this game it just doesn't seem worth it to continue a league. What's the point? Why even track stats if this happens so frequently? Why not just have a thread where we play each other randomly? Fuck EA. Fuck EA. Fuck EA. I hate them with a passion. Fucking cunts who don't care about the quality of their games, just about making money. Fuck you.

Sorry that you feel that way Daw. I agree, the stats are one of the main reasons I like playing the leagues the way we do.

Birdman02

Slo said:
You and I must be the busiest guys in the league, we just can't seem to connect! :lol Will tonight work for you? Are you in the central time zone?

Sorry that you feel that way Daw. I agree, the stats are one of the main reasons I like playing the leagues the way we do.

I have to pick up my son from my in-laws tonight, so I won't be home until around 9, maybe 10 (I am on central time, btw). I know you've said before that was a little too late, since you have to be up so early. I can play Tuesday or Wednesday at 8...if either of those work for you.

Daw, I'm sorry you feel that way. I also agree that the stat tracking makes our leagues far more interesting....and is the biggest (of many) things missing from EA leagues.

woodchuck

yeah, EA is fucking lazy. if some random guy can make something like leaguedaddy, you'd think a company like EA could make a real functional league with servers that don't shit the bed.

and speaking of stats, how does kevin boss have a 97 yd reception :lol

Nightz

Yeah, I want to sign off on the crappy EA servers as well. I have to go through so many steps just to get an online game going.

Earlier in the thread, I posted a problem about getting disconnected from the EA servers when trying to start an online game then not being able to sign back on. Well after contacting EA and sending a million e-mails back and forth, the one solution they gave that worked for me was to set my 360's system clock to 11/15/2005 before launching the game. So I thought to myself, "cool, this probably resets something on EA's end so I only have to do it once." Nope, I have to do it every single freaking time I want to play Madden.

Now here's the kicker: I can't just turn my 360 on, set the clock, then launch Madden. I have to turn my 360 on, launch Madden, wait for it to load, try to start an online game, sit for a minute as it gets stuck checking rosters, feel bad as I watch the other guy pick a team knowing that I'll be disconnected from the server soon, get the error message and get disconnected, sign off Live, go back to the dashboard, change the clock, sign back in to Live, launch Madden, and wait for it to load again before online actually works. So yeah, it takes about 5 minutes just to get a freaking online game going. For the guys who have me on your friends lists, if you see me signing off and signing back on a couple of times, I apologize, but I'm trying to play Madden.

Sorry for the long post, but after seeing daw's post, I just felt like venting as well.

daw840

I just had to vent last night. I'm not going to do anything crazy like quit the league or anything I was just really really pissed off last night after all the bullshit we had to go through just to play the game, then it locked up with a minute left.

AirBrian

Hell yeah! I'm all about telling EA to kiss my ass! There's really no excuse for the online crap we have to deal with. Vent away! Vent away!

AirBrian

woodchuck said:
doesn't nba2k have real leagues that you can access on the 2k website that keeps track of all the stuff league daddy does?
Yeah, except the 2K servers are complete shit. If you could combine the normally pretty stable EA servers with the 2K league functions, we would be some very happy sports gamers. :-(

woodchuck

AirBrian said:
Yeah, except the 2K servers are complete shit. If you could combine the normally pretty stable EA servers with the 2K league functions, we would be some very happy sports gamers. :-(

i wonder why EA doesn't just buy league daddy or something like it and link that up with the in-game leagues. it doesn't seem so hard to program it either. they can put it on easportsworld!

woodchuck said:
yeah, EA is fucking lazy. if some random guy can make something like leaguedaddy, you'd think a company like EA could make a real functional league with servers that don't shit the bed.

and speaking of stats, how does kevin boss have a 97 yd reception :lol

I was on my 3 yard line, whoever I was playing must have sent every player at me on a blitz, I passed it off to Boss on a post route and he had a clear run to the end zone :p

Srsly, it happened

Nightz

Anyone need a sub today? I'm gonna be getting off early from work, and even though I have a bunch of other games to play, I still get a daily itch to play Madden. I'll probably be home around 2pm PST so if anyone wants to play anytime after that, let me know.

On another note, I could use a sub for Tennessee for week 7, so if anyone is available whenever week 7 opens, let me know as well.

BigAT

I could use a sub tonight for Tennessee (week 2). I should be getting home from work around the same time as you are if that works for you.

Also, I could probably sub for Tenn. when week 7 opens.

Nightz

BigAT said:
I could use a sub tonight for Tennessee (week 2). I should be getting home from work around the same time as you are if that works for you.

Also, I could probably sub for Tenn. when week 7 opens.
Cool, that'll work. I'll be getting off at 1:30 my time, then making a quick stop at Best Buy to pick up Fallout 3 and Motorstorm Pacific Rift...I should be home sometime between 2 and 3 pacific, so if you see me on, just send me a message on Live when you're ready to play.

Nightz

Alright, Titans stats are entered. Oddly enough, I scored more points with them this game than I've scored in any game with the Cards.:lol

Birdman02

I'll try to be but I can't promise anything. I'm still at work, and I don't know when I'll get outta here (it's fiscal month-end). I'll post again when I get home to see if you're still around.

Also, sorry about last night....I was home all night, but ,as luck would have it, my internet was down until about 11:30.

Slo

Birdman02 said:
I'll try to be but I can't promise anything. I'm still at work, and I don't know when I'll get outta here (it's fiscal month-end). I'll post again when I get home to see if you're still around.

Also, sorry about last night....I was home all night, but ,as luck would have it, my internet was down until about 11:30.

:lol Not a problem at all man. Our schedules just don't meet up, and when they do Al Gore intervenes.

Slo said:
CST. I need to pick my daughter up at 8:00 so I should be home shortly after that. Work for you?

I don't think I'll be around then, but if you see me online I'll certainly play our game. Otherwise it'll have to be on Friday or later cause I won't be around much tomorrow, poker night.

Somnia

Sorry I've been quiet the last few days...I'm off work tomorrow if anyone is up for subbing for the Lions tomorrow? I'm free at anytime just let me know!

Slo

sableholic said:
I don't think I'll be around then, but if you see me online I'll certainly play our game. Otherwise it'll have to be on Friday or later cause I won't be around much tomorrow, poker night.

Okay, we'll try again later.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
AirBrian said:
So what's the status of everyone's games?
I've been unbelievably busy. I've seen matt in the Fallout 3 topic but haven't taken it on myself to message him basically knowing I wouldn't have time.

If we can get an extension that would be great.

woodchuck

Somnia said:
I need a sub for my game...I'm free tomorrow anytime after 6pm CST if anyone is able.

i can sub for the lions tomorrow at around 6 or 7pm. maybe even later if you're still around like around 12 am cst?

daw840

Wow, my DVD drive just failed on my Xbox. Now the fucktards at MS are saying that the 1 year warranty extends from the time I ORIGINALLY purchased my Xbox. What the fucking hell. Should this not extend from the date that I got my last Xbox back from the RROD? I swear to god, I am going to go fucking POSTAL on these people. Any advice?

Somnia

woodchuck said:
i can sub for the lions tomorrow at around 6 or 7pm. maybe even later if you're still around like around 12 am cst?

Lets do 12am cst. Would work out best if your up for that.

Top Bottom